Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Draconis Peaks

Draconis Peaks is a dragon training ground, located deep within the heart of the Lunar mountains where only the fearless dare to refine their skills as legendary warriors.

The area is inhabited by powerful dragons who relentlessly attempt to claim dominion over the territory through the expansion of their brood. To aid in this expansion, teams of brave Visitors assist the dragons in stealing eggs from other broods.

Gather your team mates together and steal some eggs, slay some dragons and prove you have to what it takes to be the best in the frozen tundra of Luna.

Teams: 7~10 Players (consisting of 1~2 Support Roles, 6~8 Fighter Roles)
Other Requirement(s): Premium Account (for a limited time only, as part of the “early access” benefit offered for Premium Accounts)
Level Brackets

100-140
141-180
181-200
201-220
221-230

Additional daily quest assignments are available from Battlemasters, located in each planet’s major city.

More details for Draconis Peaks can be found on the wiki, http://rosena-wiki.o.../Draconis_Peaks

Game Arena

A 'cool down' timer has been added to the Game Arena system.

PvP modes now have a 1 hour timer that will begin upon finishing or leaving a match, before you are able to queue for a new one.

Premium Account users are not restricted by this timer.

PvM modes now have a 1 hour timer that will begin upon finishing or leaving a dungeon, before you are able to queue for a new one.

These timers are unique to PvP and PvM modes, so you may queue one after the other as long as they are not the same type (PvP/PvM).

Premium Account

Dungeons now yield experience for Premium Users!
Daily Gift Box has been set to be able to be obtained once per 23 hours with the existing 1 hour wait time to claim upon logging in.
Daily Gift Box has had its contents updated with the following:
  • Jewel Chest (1 ~ 5)
  • Box of Chemicals
  • Box of Catalysts
  • x2 EXP Medal
  • x2 Drop Medal
  • HP&MP Booster (Party)
  • Defense Booster (Party)
  • Speed Booster (Party)
  • Critical Booster (Party)
  • Agility Booster (Party)
  • Damage Booster (Party)
  • Life Insurance
  • ROSE Teleportation Ticket
  • Soul Crystal
  • Re-Roll Hammer
  • Premium Coin (25 Premium Points)
  • Lucky Spin Coin
  • Nepturune
  • Arua's Blessing
  • Gold Bar
  • Plain White T

Item Mall

A 'Game Arena Timer Reset' item has been added for those who may not be interested in purchasing a premium subscription.
You can find it in the Item > Gameplay section of the Item Mall. This item is freely trad-able, which means it can be gifted, vended or traded without restrictions. Happy hunting!

Bug Fixes
  • Corrected issue that caused client to crash randomly when opening inventory.
  • Corrected issue which prevented Arua Interrogator and Hebarn Saboteur from respawning for Vizier's Key quest line.
  • Disabled use of Power of Love and Cherry Berry items in Game Arena PvP zones.
  • The following skills will no longer be removed by skill resets:
    • Wayfinder Skill
    • Vizier's Key
    • Arua's Fate
    • Hebarn's Fate
  • Party Share calculation has been fixed.*
*Party Share Experience Bug Fix

I am giving an additional explanation regarding this bug fix, because it is going to have a large impact on party play.

I brought this issue up to the community a while back and the response was, in short, "the sooner you do it, the quicker we can move on with our lives." So here the fix is.

Previously party share was giving out a pure bonus to experience yields to all party members, instead of applying the bonus and dividing it amongst the party. The idea is, is when you party with others, you are already gaining experience faster because of each additional person, it is expected that you defeat monsters faster and thus, experience gained over time is increased.

The mechanics we wanted to help encourage this was to make it so each party member would increase the base experience a monster would yield through a small bonus and then again with our the party level system, which would also increase the base experience of the monster as well. And once defeated, this total experience would be divided to the party members.

However through the joys of human error, it was not dividing and was essentially being given to each player instead. This missed division, has been corrected.

But while we did this, we also increased the amount of experience each party level modifies the monster's base experience to 2.5% per party level, instead of the previous 1% to help offset and continue to encourage party play.

#2 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

This update makes me upset Leonis. sorry...

#3 floptop

floptop

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Leo

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

I have to say that I really don't like where this game is going..

#4 lafamilia00

lafamilia00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

Draconis Peaks

Teams: 7~10 Players (consisting of 1~2 Support Roles, 6~8 Fighter Roles)
Other Requirement(s): Premium Account (for a limited time only, as part of the “early access” benefit offered for Premium Accounts)
Level Brackets

How long will this "limited time" Premium access only last?

Item Mall

A 'Game Arena Timer Reset' item has been added for those who may not be interested in purchasing a premium subscription.
You can find it in the Item > Gameplay section of the Item Mall. This item is freely trad-able, which means it can be gifted, vended or traded without restrictions. Happy hunting!

How many IM points will this be worth?

#5 TheRealSporadic

TheRealSporadic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

[/size]

How long will this "limited time" Premium access only last?

[/size]

How many IM points will this be worth?

Its 100 for 5 consumables that remove you timer.

#6 eBuddy

eBuddy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

"ItemMallListeings.xml CRC Mismatch - The downloaded file is corrupt." I get this when ROSE tries to patch.

#7 BoRnToKoS

BoRnToKoS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • LocationJunon

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Rose is getting worst .. All you do is tryin to get more and more money from players, but you don't think about our gameplay.

#8 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

I told them that like 1000 times, that we ´The community´ are the ones that need to play the game..

#9 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

A 'cool down' timer has been added to the Game Arena system.

PvP modes now have a 1 hour timer that will begin upon finishing or leaving a match, before you are able to queue for a new one.

PvM modes now have a 1 hour timer that will begin upon finishing or leaving a dungeon, before you are able to queue for a new one.

These timers are unique to PvP and PvM modes, so you may queue one after the other as long as they are not the same type (PvP/PvM).

Well, this isn't exactly what I was hoping for. But it is better for us non premium pvmers, than what we had. I still think Naughty's idea, of making dungeons a zulie sink, and letting them be unlimited, as long as we were willing to pay, was better. However, I will settle for this, and say thank you, for improving the rose experience for us dungeon lovers

#10 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

"ItemMallListeings.xml CRC Mismatch - The downloaded file is corrupt." I get this when ROSE tries to patch.

Fixed.

#11 eBuddy

eBuddy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Fixed.

#12 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Rose is getting worst .. All you do is tryin to get more and more money from players, but you don't think about our gameplay.

On the contrary, we very much think about the game play. The game play is what we think of first. However, we are forced to think after the fact about how revenue can be generated so ROSE can continue to be supported by the development team's efforts. It is a necessary "evil" if we want to see ROSE continue in to the future.

I still think Naughty's idea, of making dungeons a zulie sink, and letting them be unlimited, as long as we were willing to pay, was better. However, I will settle for this, and say thank you, for improving the rose experience for us dungeon lovers

It was considered. In fact the process of how this all came about was inspired by that very suggestion, because we recognized the dungeons weren't as used as they could be and frankly, having to wait 24 before you're allowed to do a dungeon again? Sad panda. :(

Zulie wasn't opted to be used as a means of entry for a few reasons. And with the recent efforts to give our premium account service more value, it evolved to this.

#13 eBuddy

eBuddy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

Servers are still down, right? Because after patching I clicked start and received a few Material File Errors.

Here they are just in case you need them:

"Material File [3Ddata/NPC/NPC/PRIEST/head01.dds] not found ..."
"Material File [3Ddata/NPC/NPC/PRIEST/body01.dds] not found ..."
"Material File [3Ddata\NPC\npc\Lunar_hunter/OrloHunter_Head.dds] not found ..."
"Material File [3Ddata\NPC\npc\Lunar_hunter/OrloHunter_body01.dds] not found ..."
"Material File [3Ddata\NPC\npc\Lunar_hunter/OrloHunter_body02.dds] not found ..."

#14 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Sow as i understand, because the the players who like doin dungeon complained about the ammount of times they could do a dungeon per day u guys made this so called 'fix' which end up to be a pain for the players who like to do the crystal defenders.
Are u guys capable of satisfying both aspects on the game for every single player or is it either this or that?

There's already been an amount of feedback and the only answer we get is that we can still play only less then now. For the info this gonna be a lot less then u guys can imagine.

Basicly, the stuff where the pvm'ers where complaining about is gonna be the same stuff the pvp'ers gonna complain about now.
Plus the prices of honor gears gonna inflate so freeking much right now.

#15 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Servers are still down, right? Because after patching I clicked start and received a few Material File Errors.

Here they are just in case you need them:

"Material File [3Ddata/NPC/NPC/PRIEST/head01.dds] not found ..."
"Material File [3Ddata/NPC/NPC/PRIEST/body01.dds] not found ..."
"Material File [3Ddata\NPC\npc\Lunar_hunter/OrloHunter_Head.dds] not found ..."
"Material File [3Ddata\NPC\npc\Lunar_hunter/OrloHunter_body01.dds] not found ..."
"Material File [3Ddata\NPC\npc\Lunar_hunter/OrloHunter_body02.dds] not found ..."

I blame Genesis. :heh:

I'm fixing it now. :p_sad:

#16 eBuddy

eBuddy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

I blame Genesis. :heh:

I'm fixing it now. :p_sad:

Alright. Are servers still under maint?

#17 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

It was considered. In fact the process of how this all came about was inspired by that very suggestion, because we recognized the dungeons weren't as used as they could be and frankly, having to wait 24 before you're allowed to do a dungeon again? Sad panda. :(

Zulie wasn't opted to be used as a means of entry for a few reasons. And with the recent efforts to give our premium account service more value, it evolved to this.

Again, thank you very much Leo, for allowing us to do dungeons more often, you now have a very happy dungeon rat. :p_love:

#18 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Alright. Are servers still under maint?

Yes, the db is still being serviced. :)

Again, thank you very much Leo, for allowing us to do dungeons more often, you now have a very happy dungeon rat. :p_love:

As I said and knew, this update was going to make some happy and others shake a fist. :sigh:

#19 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

I actually like the patch. I also understand that Rose does need continued support (aka money) in order to survive. I think the premium account benefits may have finally captured my attention. Hoping for no bugs with the new adds.

#20 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

As I said and knew, this update was going to make some happy and others shake a fist. :sigh:

You could have avoid the fist....

#21 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Leo, you could have a win-win situation by adding the timer for the PvM games and leaving the PvP game as it was.

I doubt the missing revenue (i'm assuming you're actually going to have revenues after this, which I doubt, at least on the pvp side) from that would have sent Gravity to bankrupt.

You guys make enough money without this...I don't even want to imagine how much you have made with the valentine IM boxes and the enchanted boxes.

#22 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

I know I find premium much more attractive now, I will try to get it as often as I can.

#23 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

The missing materials have been fixed (v459)

You could have avoid the fist....

If I avoided everything that could make someone upset, we would never make changes, ever. Any change runs the risk of someone not liking it, no matter the reason. Decisions are made in the best interest of weighing out the pros and cons in respect to the goals aimed to be achieve by the change.

It doesn't make me happy to upset players in our community, because I value each and every one of you. You make, what ROSE is, special.

Leo, you could have a win-win situation by adding the timer for the PvM games and leaving the PvP game as it was.

I doubt the missing revenue (i'm assuming you're actually going to have revenues after this, which I doubt, at least on the pvp side) from that would have sent Gravity to bankrupt.

You guys make enough money without this...I don't even want to imagine how much you have made with the valentine IM boxes and the enchanted boxes.

I'm not in a position to speak about the finances of the company. But I know my job. It has many facets and responsibilities. One of which is to ensure ROSE does well by generating enough revenue month to month, year to year. But you shouldn't assume to think we're making money hand over fist either. Valentines is over, the items are off the Item Mall (not the Box of Enchanted Stones yet, that's next week) but that isn't going to last a full year. :P

#24 Morumasa

Morumasa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

i get same thing ._.

#25 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

i get same thing ._.

That was fixed earlier, try again. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic