ganjen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationpapua nugini
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:draconis and leonis

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

might as well put it on IM . 1000 honor point for 3000IM ...or 10billion zullie for 5000IM and on and on im complaining not because im not paying for premium account. honestly speaking .. Yes my account is a premium account yet I complained, because is not fun to do the game arena while no one is playing............

#77 bundat

bundat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

I'm low level, so I'm only affected by the exp change, but what I'm getting from these posts are basically...

- You get to play CD less due to a timer.
- Less players inside due to the timer.
- AND no new players will be joining, since the exp nerf will keep them low level.

Honestly, I'm too low level to understand the other changes but even I can see that the only result of this is that...

Dead CD is dead.
Am I mistaken?

#78 asuboy

asuboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

correct. yea the update wants to sell more trainee medal on IM , so you can get double exp.. simply this game is just trying to make people pay to play. I think this updates just end my fun time playing roseonline... thank you gravity for the fun time for the last 3 years ......

#79 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

Just a question though, does anyone actually buy premium account subscription due to this patch? or does anyone just give up queue up for matches?

Seriously, in Gravity's point of view, they update the game is because they want IM sales, never the reason of making the game better. Not every one has multiple geared characters to avoid this 1 hour waiting, Crystal defender is the only end game content that most people enjoy, but this 1 hour waiting thing is totally not a good thing happen to this game, and it will adversely affect your long term income, people will soon realize no matter how they pay for premium account, they still have to wait for the non premium members to queue up. Because the queue just does not have sufficient energy to reach the threshold. And people will cease paying up for premium account.

Next time think harder, there are many ways to ask people to pay for premium subscription without destroying the game.

I'm actually skipping buying my normal monthly subscription because of this one. They were doing better with the addition to their daily boxes, but if their 'push' to buy premium is early access to a game that a bunch of people described as "not as good as CD" and unlimited access to CD that doesn't have enough people with unlimited access to make it go... Well yeah.

Everyone is in the same boat of opinions on this one. On a game mode for a single person or a small group had a timer, it would be more manageable, however the reality of these pvp instances to work is that multiple people need to be together at one time for it happen. With the timer in place, it's going to be harder for it to take place, for premium users too because they won't start it alone. Once Draconis Peaks goes live for non premium it along with the timer will compete with Crystal Defenders and we'll likely see less wars than we do now. Plus when they do happen they will be unexpected and as others have stated, will end up having afk players in the group.

What if the pvp modes happened every hour on alternate hours? Crystal Defenders on even hours and Draconis Peaks on odd hours, and the timer icon would indicate how much time left until the game starts. This is to prevent the games from conflicting with eachother and also to get people together at the same time. The premium deal can work as it does for pvm dungeons, but what if you remove the ip restriction for players in pvp modes? I would say to allow a single dual client for a premium member but people will only dual a cleric, and if that is the only cleric on the team it would problematic.

This is exactly what happened when they first implemented it. There will be barely enough people to start it. When you finally get the game offered to you, people already afked. The ones that haven't join the queue with less then 6 people and those six people forget they joined. They Afk. Other people join as their timers are up..And that's how we end up where we are now. You remember when CD was implemented last year... and you needed 20 people for each side... And that didn't work..so they lowered it down to 15...And that still didn't work so they had to lower it down to 10 people. I forsee that, soon, it will be groups of three needed for CD.

#80 denipri

denipri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

so agree, this timer on CD failed.. im proud and unregretfull that i recently purchase a premium account on my account. yet what is the point on making crystal defenders on timers..... totally so not fun. i dont care whether others buy or not buy the premium account. crystal defenders is the only thing a high lvl and full geared players are playing now days.... if you take this away. this is a serious fact that will make the game dead.............

#81 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

Entire clan is making noise about Party Leveling being nerfed now. Hope you are happy.

Even if it was a simple mathematical glitch , at least count your blessing. That glitch was a blessing in disguise.

What do you expect low level scouts, raider , clerics to do now ? Get outcasted? Simply because parties wont need scouts, raider and clerics at low level ? Anyone could just bring their Main knight over to do a sacri and their main clerics for heals and buffs. So these newbies supposed to regret they made the wrong character now ? Why the heck even touch the party leveling in the first place? ?

You guys as developers, Do you even know what the game looks like inside now ? Did you even take the responsibility and initiative to go inside and experience first hand ? Rather than saying Proudly "We fixed the exp glitch" like a smart ass, you destroyed every bit of fun non premium low levelers and new players deserved.

#82 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

All the EXP are now eaten only by the AoEs. Tch tch!

#83 denipri

denipri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

dont worry mate , you can always buy medal of trainee at the im store. it will be available 24 hours...... ya the developers probably got drunk or something when they implement this update

#84 seeyourhead

seeyourhead

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

omg,leveling sucks now. whats wrong with the developers? not earning enough from IM?

anyway time to move on with life....this game is not worth playing

#85 bundat

bundat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

I don't really play MMORPGs, and I just recently started and tried this game for a friend.
Just got pulled in when I was partied randomly by a rusher while doing beginner quests, and got to lvl 70 in a few hours.
And they were level 200 by the end of the week.

That kept me playing, but knowing that I am now stuck at 100, and no one wants to party my non-AoE character, just makes me want to quit.
I've spent too much time grinding levels at many other games, I thought this one was different which is why I stuck around.

#86 Valakas

Valakas

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

I don't really play MMORPGs, and I just recently started and tried this game for a friend.
Just got pulled in when I was partied randomly by a rusher while doing beginner quests, and got to lvl 70 in a few hours.
And they were level 200 by the end of the week.

That kept me playing, but knowing that I am now stuck at 100, and no one wants to party my non-AoE character, just makes me want to quit.
I've spent too much time grinding levels at many other games, I thought this one was different which is why I stuck around.

What server are you in ? If you are in Draconis gimme a pm. Maybe we could arrange something to help you out.

#87 bundat

bundat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

Leonis, thanks anyway.

#88 Jastrin

Jastrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

Leonis is not replying on our feedbacks anymore =D

#89 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

Because he understands us! He did reply on the first hours of these threads but had chosen to avoid complains regarding CD timer etc. Watch out for emergency maintenance 2 to 3 days from now ^_^

#90 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

Entire clan is making noise about Party Leveling being nerfed now. Hope you are happy.

Even if it was a simple mathematical glitch , at least count your blessing. That glitch was a blessing in disguise.

What do you expect low level scouts, raider , clerics to do now ? Get outcasted? Simply because parties wont need scouts, raider and clerics at low level ? Anyone could just bring their Main knight over to do a sacri and their main clerics for heals and buffs. So these newbies supposed to regret they made the wrong character now ? Why the heck even touch the party leveling in the first place? ?

You guys as developers, Do you even know what the game looks like inside now ? Did you even take the responsibility and initiative to go inside and experience first hand ? Rather than saying Proudly "We fixed the exp glitch" like a smart ass, you destroyed every bit of fun non premium low levelers and new players deserved.

Seriously?

I have been playing again for about 4 months.
I am playing a raider.
I have not been in one single party since I started.
I quite enjoy the game.

Why? Because I understand it's a game to be enjoyed that has many complex features that don't include a race to max level. God do you people even listen to what you're saying? Really honestly listen?

In one breath bitching that the ONLY fun thing to do at max level (CD) is limited, then in the very next breath bitching that getting to max level is harder... I swear I really don't understand the mentality surrounding this game, and it's a big part of why I stepped away from the development end of it. The arguments for why something is bad are just plain unintelligible with people making contradictory statements constantly.

This game is not about rushing to max level. It was never intended to be that and it's design DOES suffer from the experience rates that are in the game at the moment. So much content is being utterly wasted because of it but no one sees it because they all want to be 1337 (lord I despise that word, saying, whatever).

The other thing you'd all be very surprised to discover is just because the majority of you are complaining you DON'T represent the majority of players. The majority of players never bother with the forums at all.

#91 Jastrin

Jastrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

I hope so..

#92 Valakas

Valakas

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

Seriously?

I have been playing again for about 4 months.
I am playing a raider.
I have not been in one single party since I started.
I quite enjoy the game.

Why? Because I understand it's a game to be enjoyed that has many complex features that don't include a race to max level. God do you people even listen to what you're saying? Really honestly listen?

In one breath bitching that the ONLY fun thing to do at max level (CD) is limited, then in the very next breath bitching that getting to max level is harder... I swear I really don't understand the mentality surrounding this game, and it's a big part of why I stepped away from the development end of it. The arguments for why something is bad are just plain unintelligible with people making contradictory statements constantly.

This game is not about rushing to max level. It was never intended to be that and it's design DOES suffer from the experience rates that are in the game at the moment. So much content is being utterly wasted because of it but no one sees it because they all want to be 1337 (lord I despise that word, saying, whatever).

The other thing you'd all be very surprised to discover is just because the majority of you are complaining you DON'T represent the majority of players. The majority of players never bother with the forums at all.

Are you listening to yourself? Not maxing characters and enjoying it otherwise might be you Mr Calder's own preference. But to liken it to most others? Thats pathetic. Most players play their best to move up to the next level, leveling is part of the journey offered and a journey well deserved.

And also, where in my context you Quoted that I mentioned about CD? I never give a -_- about GA. Calder, I agree when you said we might not represent the majority of the players. But I do represent my clan, and I speak out for them. To me, thats all that matters. Most of our words here cant be considered as Majority as to your words supposedly meant. Then By ALL means, yours meant less than ours.

You enjoy the game the way you like it, and we enjoy it the way we want to. Nothing in this patch has disrupted your comfort in the gameplay, so dont come in quote someone and try to start another uncalled for flame war. This patch here disrupted most of us here, and it is within our rights to voice it out.

Dont like it? then dont quote and reply. Simple as that.

#93 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

I quoted you as an example, and then continued on, just because a post is quoted does not mean the entire post is directed at the quote. You're quite right, levelling is something to strive towards, a goal, one well deserved. That is EXACTLY my point. There is no sense of accomplishment any more, particularly not when doing the mass level party thing. Oh Boy I got 50 levels this hour!!! I completely missed the entire game outside my spinning party that those 50 levels encompassed. I didn't interact with the game or other players outside my party but oh boy I'm 50 levels higher.... I really honestly find it hard to believe that is what the majority of people playing this game consider an accomplishment or well deserved, or hell even playing a game.

As to not quoting and replying, I have as much right as anyone to do so, as you have as much right not to like what I posted. I quoted your post because it's typical of the "oh no the sky is falling and this game is crap" posts that come every time a developer in ANY game makes an unpopular decision for the good of the game itself. So, if you don't want people quoting you then stop making over exaggerated posts that blow the entire thing out of proportion.

Experience rates here are still somewhere around 30x the base rate.
There are still bonuses from partying, just not ludicrous bonuses.
You'll still hit max level without having to actually play any of the lower game content or pay attention to what's going on around you.

Benefits of this one part of the patch:
- Low level players will stay in a level range a little longer, meaning we may actually start to see a low level economy again. Lower level dealers/crafters will be able to make things that they can actually sell. Higher level artisans won't be at quite the shortage of low level mats they are now. The beginner maps will be more populated meaning new players coming to the game won't see empty maps and leave assuming no one actually plays.

There are a ton of pluses to the reduction of party experience and so far the only downside I have seen anyone quote is you can't level as fast. Ummm... that was the point =/

#94 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

Calder12, I think we can sum it all up like this: The new ROSE meta lies on end-game features and not in leveling anymore.

Well, if it worked in the way that low levels will be golden (etc low level-market will rise), I would be happy for this. Just hope that this won't be the cause to lose players.

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 27 February 2013 - 05:53 AM.

#95 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

The rates were this low or probably lower than this back in pre-evo, yet people still had fun playing rose. Why? Because there was so much to do instead of just CD\TG.

Almost every single map had parties somewhere...because getting the good lvling gear was harder...getting good weapons was harder...because refining your gear required farming bindrunes and talismans from all level areas, partying was nice honestly, and those crowds waiting for kings to spawn to blow the first hit were amazing.

Now with everything being way too common people just pick up materials that drop in every map, which obviously leads to use the maps with the highest exp, which in turn reduces the "popular" maps down to 4-5. If they need better lvling gear they just buy them in Junon and refine it with bindrunes\talismans you can get from the NPCs.

That's the real problem...the reason why nobody bothers exploring the world of ROSE and see what this king drops, what these mobs drop etc...when there's no reason to farm at low lvls, it's obvious people want to rush to max lvl.

Edited by Gojio, 27 February 2013 - 06:03 AM.

#96 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

cyb3rhackdotr - but that's the thing, there is SO much more low level content than their is max level content that rushing there makes little to no sense at all.

Gojio - Yeah as usual you hit another nail on the head. The drops have changed to the point where it seems useless honestly. Levelling in Eldeon for example, almost all the mobs drop basically the map drops and honestly they're mostly junk that isn't even used. Gone are the days where you made a good "living" off of thick leaves that only dropped from a couple of mobs. Or thick insect shells from beetles or... or well 100 other things that you can get anywhere now.

I swear if I didn't already think the game was too fragmented I'd really be for opening yet another server. No ludicrous experience and a revamped drop list (or rather a return to the old drop lists) and let people play the game the way it was meant to be. The problem is most people are so spoiled by the high exp rates everywhere the server wouldn't have the population to really show what it's like.

Rose coloured glasses of the past... sigh.

Edited by calder12, 27 February 2013 - 06:01 AM.

#97 rustyjen

rustyjen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

This game is going nowhere. You only think of making money.

#98 bundat

bundat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

Basically all you are saying is 'stay at a low level, and ENJOY it, that's the level you deserve'.
Hard to accept when the guys in my party last week are now level 200s.

Not really interested in quests, running back and forth doing mundane stuff.
The first thing I googled when I started playing was "rose online power levelling guide", and that hardly helped.
I was at a point in the game where I was saying "when does this stupid quest end already" and was about to quit if not for that party that showed me how to level.

Well, you guys can say that just cause you already have maxed characters anyway.

#99 Valakas

Valakas

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

I quoted you as an example, and then continued on, just because a post is quoted does not mean the entire post is directed at the quote. You're quite right, levelling is something to strive towards, a goal, one well deserved. That is EXACTLY my point. There is no sense of accomplishment any more, particularly not when doing the mass level party thing. Oh Boy I got 50 levels this hour!!! I completely missed the entire game outside my spinning party that those 50 levels encompassed. I didn't interact with the game or other players outside my party but oh boy I'm 50 levels higher.... I really honestly find it hard to believe that is what the majority of people playing this game consider an accomplishment or well deserved, or hell even playing a game.

As to not quoting and replying, I have as much right as anyone to do so, as you have as much right not to like what I posted. I quoted your post because it's typical of the "oh no the sky is falling and this game is crap" posts that come every time a developer in ANY game makes an unpopular decision for the good of the game itself. So, if you don't want people quoting you then stop making over exaggerated posts that blow the entire thing out of proportion.

Experience rates here are still somewhere around 30x the base rate.
There are still bonuses from partying, just not ludicrous bonuses.
You'll still hit max level without having to actually play any of the lower game content or pay attention to what's going on around you.

Benefits of this one part of the patch:
- Low level players will stay in a level range a little longer, meaning we may actually start to see a low level economy again. Lower level dealers/crafters will be able to make things that they can actually sell. Higher level artisans won't be at quite the shortage of low level mats they are now. The beginner maps will be more populated meaning new players coming to the game won't see empty maps and leave assuming no one actually plays.

There are a ton of pluses to the reduction of party experience and so far the only downside I have seen anyone quote is you can't level as fast. Ummm... that was the point =/

I think you need to stop overreacting . When and where in my post I indicated that the game is crap? Are you seriously reading? Or You read what everyone else's post and then pick mine to preach your gaming ideology ? You love sight seeing and felt thats how gaming is, but are you the author who defines the definition of Gaming ? What is wrong if other players are complaining in-game and since like you SAID it , majority of em dont even come on the forums , and I do them a service and relay the message?

You got serious problem with people who dont share the same sentiment with you or what? You might prefer sight seeing with a walking stick. But this game ain't new and most players are higher up in levels and geared. So where is the fault in other players seeking to at least balance the population in-game ?

Lets talk about CD a bit. Being as it is now, undoubtedly honor gear prices will sky rocket in no time. How do you expect these lowbies to catch up and finally stand a chance against them ? How others play their game is their own preference. If they are not happy with it, they can say it out. Let me remind you about something, In case you did not read everything , I am with a few maxed characters and wealthy enough in-game to fully enjoy what I want to do. I said what I said in consideration of my mostly low level clan members and others.

I am a premium user and maxed with honor gears. I dont do CD before this and therefore I find no reason to speak about it when the new patch arrived. Be it disrupting others or unfair in ways many may see it, it does not concern me. Maybe you should hold your tongue too. Your game play is not affected like I said earlier, there is no reason for you to be agitated and try to play hero.

I see you and I both dont share the same thought. But I also see there is no need to continue this dispute. You wont understand where I am coming from with this. Likewise, perhaps, I don't know where you came from too. Good day.

#100 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

The point is my game play WILL be affected. Positively, since there will be more lower level players which should in turn result in a higher population over time. You're still focusing on one thing. It's harder to level and I am still saying that isn't a bad thing. As to my ability to comment on gaming as a whole. I am a developer for a living, I have done game development and I have done Rose development.

The point everyone overlooks is the basic fact that the vast majority of content in this game is being ignored because no one is around any particular level range long enough to bother with it. People complain that the game is geared towards the IM yet they don't understand that the ridiculous levelling rate actually PLAYS INTO THAT. Lowering the levelling rate will not mean people spend more.

I'm not insulting you nor picking on you, let's get that straight. I chose your post out of 2 dozen I could have quoted, it doesn't mean I dislike you or think you're stupid or think your post was any worse than the rest I could have chosen, if anything it was the insulting stance towards the developers that made me quote it. You know things like 'smart ass' etc.

The thing is if you sit back, take emotion out of the equation and actually LOOK at how the game and the economy works you'll start to see.

You said it yourself, you're a premium player and can afford anything in game. Why is that? Think about it, where did the vast majority of your zuly come from? Did it come from farming as you played all the way up? Did it come from having actually valuable low level gear and drops that you could slowly convert to more zuly? Did it come from quests? My guess is (and of course just a guess) that it came from converting IM points to zuly by vending. That is pretty much a necessity in the game now. Now ask yourself WHY it's a necessity. Could it be because everyone rushes to max level and never actually bothers with the game or picking things up? Because it's really the only proven way to make zuly any more because everyone rushes to max level and doesn't pick anything up any more?

I have sat watching the famous spin parties in OT. I watch hundreds of thousands if not millions of zuly an hour worth of items disappear. Why? Because they don't have that much value to stop the levelling because no one is going to be the level that uses them long enough to bother picking them up.

Not being an uber leveller do you realize how hard it is to gain decent equipment in low to mid levels? Honestly it's nearly impossible, hard enough to the point I bought an IM weapon to use for about 90 levels because nothing in my range was being sold. Not that the stuff being sold wasn't good. IT WASN'T being sold.

Now, how does that affect someone new to the game, brand new that doesn't have friends or a past with the game. That can't be part of these uber experience parties?

They come to the game and are greeted with nearly empty maps.
They have neither the resources nor the connections to race through these maps so they spend a week or two (if they stay) fighting alone wondering where everyone is.
There are no low level vendors. In AP the only thing you see are people trying to buy refines, in Zant you see the odd person selling scrolls and maybe one or two selling ludicrously priced IM or level 200+ items. That in itself must be a heart breaker for a new player. How can I ever afford a weapon that costs 100 mill when I get 35 zuly for items I sell?

Everyone says this isn't fair to new players. I disagree, what people are really saying is "this isn't fair to MY new CHARACTERS" Because new players don't know what it was like and will actually benefit from the changes. I welcome you to dispute anything I said there about a brand new player coming to the game. And honestly to prosper THAT is what the developers need to focus on, NEW blood not satisfying the current players. Face it we've all been here for years, through much worse changes than this, some of us walk away for a while but most eventually come back.

The experience drop isn't going to affect new players negatively in any way shape or form. Just new characters of existing players and even then if those low level areas start to repopulate, if low level gear starts becoming more desirable I even think those players will eventually appreciate the difference.

PS. Making yet another argument then stating we shouldn't continue doesn't often work. ;) just saying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users