[Ongoing] Monster spawn adjustment station - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Ongoing] Monster spawn adjustment station

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

We've added in quite a few town, field and dungeon maps in the last few months, so with some time under our collective belts it's a good idea to look at the spawns on those maps to insure that the leveling experience and fun factor is at an appropriate level for a pre-renewal Ragnarok.

To start off with, I'd like to focus on Hugel since that will be our spotlight for next month.

I'll have the monster spawn lists for Hugel and related maps up in just a bit so we can look at what's there now. Once Hugel is reviewed we can work on other recently added maps.

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Suggest we start in places that are desperately needing attention.
Hugel is a collection of Abyss Lake (which is fine as is) + trashy maps + Thanatos Tower, although thana is nice, I highly doubt a buff to it's spawns would increase out of WoE activity.

#3 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

I'm not so sure Hugel is the best place to start, unless this includes thanatos tower. Even so, you might be better off focusing on popular maps like biolabs.

Edited by Hrishi, 27 February 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#4 trahsc

trahsc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

hugel area can be improved as follows:

-increasing grove spawns on the grove map and removing most/all of the novus(not the abyss map, the one next to it)
-increasing deleters on the deleter map and removing their spawn timer, removing most/all demon pungus, petites and breeze from said map
-giving breeze their own map with petites and pungus instead
-removing spawn timer on the plasma map.

a better improvement for hugel would be to not touch hugel at all and just bring out 13.2 rachel and veins maps instead. oh, and the nine/dragon tail map on pay_fild09 that's been missing for seven months, too.

#5 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

If you guys are mostly fine with hugel we could work on other areas as well.

#6 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

Thanatos could be looked at.
But my main concern is getting people more playing - bio / jup etc would do this.

#7 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Those map are quite bad actually I wouldnt even know what to do with them. Those maps would just need to be revamped completely. No one would go ever there to farm or level except maybe the deleters, but with the timers it dont worth it. That would mean completely customize those maps

hu_field01: Remove timer I guess.
hu_field02: This map while being very big and nice, is completely useless. It would need to be revamped completely. Maybe some others monsters to add spice I dont know.
hu_field03: same thing as 02.
hu_field04: Remove timer on deleters, and maybe increased spawn on the monster who have lowest amount (deleters, earth petites)
hu_field05: Remove Novus from the map. decrease amount of anopheles, more Groves or leave same amount.
hu_field06: increase poporing and metalling spawn
hu_field07: This map look exactly the same as hu_field04. I don't like the idea of having copy / paste map.

You added lighthalzen not long ago so im going to say some things about those field.

Lhz_field01: this map is fine at it is.
Lhz_field02: I dont know what to do with that map but I don't think anyone want to go there.
Lhz_field03: This map could be good, decrease amount of stem worms, remove the timer and increase global spawn.

tha_t01: Maybe decrease the timer on solace and/or add more solace, maybe increase plasma spawn to 80 so it fit more with the others thanatos tower map.
tha_t02: Same thing on Baroness of Retribution. Map seem fine.
tha_t03: Same Thing on Mistress of Shelter. Map seem fine.
tha_t04: Same thing on Dame of Sentinel. Map seem fine.

Edited by HansLowell, 27 February 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#8 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

Getting some good feedback here.

#9 XiaoLin

XiaoLin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

i say remove the nessecity of a black key to enter floor 7 and 8 of thanatos tower, reason being, its a pretty legit leveling area and pretty sure no one wants to do a quest to get down there everytime. instead add a requirement to get onto level 9 since every map after 8 is pretty terrble for leveling purposes.

another suggestion could be to increase the spawn rather than requiring a key to increase the number of people who would be willing to do the quest to gain access to those specific floors.

#10 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Well I know its about spawns, but you could also make that basic thanatos exchange quest more worthwhile cause this quest right now is completely stupid:

Item Trades

Talk to Guide (tha_t01 140, 78) who will give you 1,000 zeny for turning in each Cursed Seal, Golden Ornament, Blue Feather or Red Feather dropped by monsters throughout the tower.

This info is taken from irowiki but the information is not completely true. The quest give 2000 xp and 1000 zeny per item.
this should be improved to at least 20000 xp and 10000 zeny per item or even more the way it is now is a real joke.

The reason im saying that is because most of those items drop rate are 1 to 5% and on good monsters

#11 Elitesttttt

Elitesttttt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Remove False Angel from Geffenia

#12 Bagarn

Bagarn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

Lhz_field02: I dont know what to do with that map but I don't think anyone want to go there.

You mean the best metaling map? You find at least twice as many metalings compared to lhz_fild01. Anopheles might be a pain to kill but they don't hit very hard and you can easily flywing away from them. If I ever level on metalings, I always go to that map.

#13 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

cmd_fild03 - Reduce or completely remove Pest spawn, reduce Greatest General spawn, increase Anolian spawn, increase Alligator spawn.

#14 vetter

vetter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

Do you plan on rolling back the maps after the spotlight? In my opinion you should leave the reworked maps around. They are alot more attractive now and doing this people won't only be leveling on the same 5 maps like back on valkyrie server pre-renewal

#15 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

Rolling back monster exp and drops yes, but if the spawn enhancements are working for people I don't see why they wouldn't be left in.

#16 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

They're really nice, maybe a reduction in some of the 'annoyance' monsters in the Medusa and Anolian maps, otherwise they're actually a really nice change.

I was going to make a big post about the monster changes to see if we could get some more done and then I got lazy. It'd be nice to see a few more options for a few of the classes, seeing stuff like LKs leeching wizards (in AL3) is making me more than a little sad.

It would be nice to see a proper Bathory map somewhere, maybe you can make the Comodo Anolains map a decent alternative to the current "Batholians" and just leave Bathories in CTUG. This would be huge if you're actually planning on resetting the Alchemist rankings.

#17 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Yes, we have so many maps, it would be interesting to get more of a theme going for certain maps.

#18 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Most maps just need more monsters (the good ones) and can live with the number of annoyance mobs they have. Things like Turtle Island 2, CTHO, Pasanas (Sphinx 5), Raydrics (Chiv 2), Marcs (Byalan 3) could use a buff.

Especially any map with WoE necessary items, the mobs that drop though should spawn more frequently and give more attractive EXP.

#19 Elitesttttt

Elitesttttt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Also, PLEASE MAKE AN ANUBIS MAP! We need somewhere where Priests can level at.

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

How about making a map that's worth levelling on in a party so priests can level?

*cough* buff Juperos, Bio.

#21 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

My suggestion is to take another look at bio3. Perhaps adjust the experience the monsters there give permanently. Take a look at the spawns in the map and make it so it's actually worth leveling there. If it's done right, it'll be like an end game leveling map that's always in, which takes away the "only log on for the event" while keeping the high risk fast leveling thing that people enjoy doing.

#22 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

or just implement the hwiz/sniper area spawns again

#23 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Most maps just need more monsters (the good ones) and can live with the number of annoyance mobs they have. Things like Turtle Island 2, CTHO, Pasanas (Sphinx 5), Raydrics (Chiv 2), Marcs (Byalan 3) could use a buff.

I agree with the first part here, a large part of what makes the Comodo maps attractive now is just the sheer number of things available.

But I'm not sure "put more stuff in them" will solve the "low" exp gain from places like Sphinx/CTHO/Chiv. I did a large portion of my leveling in Sphinx 5, the exp isnt really that bad (especially when you compare to what is normal, vip, 1.5 base, manuals and then events makes this server insane) I think it's just that with places like AL3 available where you just naturally gain so much exp there isnt much incentive to go there and get only 10m an hour shared when you can just go leech off a LK for several times that.

It may be time for a few more Anubis (another 5? On the same timer) or maybe removing the timer on the ones that we have, but I do not want to see a standard Anubis map. I'd rather we do what Xellie is suggesting and give some more options for groups.

I also just remembered, I spent a bit of time with a friend down in Bio2, have you thought about adjusting exp there? It could be an interesting pre-trans leveling option for small groups.

Edited by Themes, 28 February 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#24 NerfChasers

NerfChasers

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

HIGH TI needs way more spawns Oda

#25 myrmid00m

myrmid00m

I made it Off Topic

• Members