[Ongoing] Monster spawn adjustment station - Page 4 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Ongoing] Monster spawn adjustment station

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

#76 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

yeah, its the same until the timers kick in then the exp nosedives

#77 maimion

maimion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

But puting it back to event spawn will just put back all the griefing knights down there. I was there with parties 4-12 ppl often and the biggest issue are the Knights pulling hydrolancer in party and mobs from all sides.
Instead of being happy for free MS and buffs they just grief and try destroy your party. Changing AL3 to event spawns will just let the LK leech go on. And that just sucks.

The other changes are quite reasonable.

Edited by maimion, 02 May 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#78 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

But puting it back to event spawn will just put back all the griefing knights down there. I was there with parties 4-12 ppl often and the biggest issue are the Knights pulling hydrolancer in party and mobs from all sides.
Instead of being happy for free MS and buffs they just grief and try destroy your party. Changing AL3 to event spawns will just let the LK leech go on. And that just sucks.

The other changes are quite reasonable.

As long as there is no high yield EXP area people are going to complain. Even if we had CT UG Anolians, that only tops out around 30-40m/hr, versus 300m/hr.

Many of us simply don't have that kind of time anymore. The Detale spawn was moved to a quest to deal with grief, but people complaining about wiping to a Hydrolancer don't even belong in AL3 to begin with. Maybe if they just used more focused area spawns instead of map wide spawns they could reduce griefing instances.

#79 prokchip

prokchip

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

Because CT1 was updated with 13.2 spawns and the Labyrinth Forest wasn't, to my knowledge there are currently NO BAPHO JR. SPAWNS outside of the ones Bapho Sr. spits out.

This 13.2 spawn update seems like a worse idea by the day. I know there were definite issues with some of the custom spawns created for the Classic server, but it seems like a lot of useful mid to upper mid-level maps got nuked in the process of trying to fix a couple areas that needed help.

The funny thing is that I don't recall proponents of the 13.2 spawns ever giving logical reasons for them to be put in everywhere. The argument was always "this is different than the original and therefore it's bad". I do agree that 13.2 spawns in a few areas has been beneficial, but the drawbacks seem to outweigh the benefits significantly from my vantage point.

The better option would've been to target specific maps, instead of taking this ham-fisted approach that causes more problems than it solves and potentially alienates the casual user base.

#80 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

I don't buy it Jaffer. We can't continue to repeatedly increase exp rewards with the same argument of "We're old and don't have time." Maybe people have forgotten, but that argument won us a server with 1.5x rates rather than 1x rates. Compound that with Heim's super mobby custom spawns, another 50% exp for VIP, another 50-300% exp for battle manuals, and another 100% during these frequent exp events. And don't forget the spotlights with every update.

I've advocated higher rates since 2005 or something. The game was designed to succeed in Korea where games are known to be incredibly grindy. But at 300m/h we've reached a point where the most difficult level in the game can be completed in a single 3-hour sitting via leeching. That means 600m/h. This is getting ridiculous. Leveling is beyond trivialized. A new character isn't a commitment anymore, it's just a 3-day fling.

I agree that Heim's spawn changes should be reinstated. But AL3 event spawns? Instant spawn Hwiz? Instant spawn Kasa?

It's nice to crap out level 99 characters in one evening and I'll be abusing the hell out of it with the rest of you, but it's going to slowly kill the server if left in the game for a long period of time.

Edited by Nymmastal, 02 May 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#81 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

through all this, people seem to be forgetting that with the spawns as they are currently, AL3 is crap for more than one party. And only good for a slow killing party.

Who cares about knights and leechers? It's going to happen anyway. Anyone been in sphinx the last 2 days? 170k base per anubis kill, people are leeching all their stuff off priests.
I'd rather have an AL party, but I suppose I know nothing about this game. I'm just a snobby elitist who hates playing with other people and wants max exp per hour!

Edited by Xellie, 02 May 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#82 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

yolo

add thors, nameless, bio3 stair spawn hwiz/sniper, what else is there?

#83 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

People just hate parties being rewarded more than players leeching off their crappy TU10 priests.

Just because one class can get 4785439853085exp/hour doesn't mean everything should be nerfed into the ground so that parties can't happen. That class/it's equip should be looked at.
A good example would be giving BB a delay in PVM (remove it on pvp maps) or nerfing the moonie dagger/rental CK to give sp at a chance

ditto at HW spawn and insta Kasa. The chances of someone being able to actually solo those effectively is actually really low. It requires a party, albeit a small party, but I can't even get 5 people together for parties most nights, so why is it an issue?

Edited by Xellie, 02 May 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#84 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Really want some party content that will encourage people to play together!

It needs to be the party content people know and recognise as such otherwise it's going to be hard to get people to go do things, this is why we want area spawns in Biolabs!

Edited by Themes, 02 May 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#85 odin16god59

odin16god59

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

I'm really hoping for GH prison, churchyard, stings map , CTHO in the clock tower and seals to go back to the way they were
I also want the instant Hwiz spawn so there are more bios3 parties and my scholar can actually lvl it's been stuck at base 90 with only 4% ever since the DRAGONS TURN IN EVENT was finished yes I didn't get into parties during hugel spotlight.
If seals had its instant 50 spawn back it could be a good party place for I dunno priest+hunter duos or priest+assasin duos and it'd be a better place to mob up on magic classes, knights and sins with grimtooth soloing.
GH prison was where I planned to leech my scholar with my battle sage as soon as it got into range but now its ruined and its not as fast leveling with v-firewall mobbing as it was before. I don't mind bathories now but anolains were way better than jokers.

Edited by odin16god59, 02 May 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#86 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

yolo

add thors, nameless, bio3 stair spawn hwiz/sniper, what else is there?

Do this and nobody will complain!

#87 Exhale

Exhale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

The problem with the comodo map is that you need to add a ridiculous amount of anolians to make it of a density worth it. The map is too big.

I still think because there are players who levelled in CTUG before bathories even existed there, that there should be 2 UG maps and you pick which one to go to. (it's really not hard to do), have the npc discover a lower level to the basement, have bathories require a UG key and CT anolians require a UG and CT key. Problem, solved.

this would be a great solution for those that want batholians and the other people who also want a good bathory map without anos, but up the spawns to atleast 70 to match the anolian map (50 is waaay to low) also just make it 1 key of ug to enter either map, don't see the need for an extra ct key just for anolians.

Edited by Exhale, 02 May 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#88 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

The problem with the comodo map is that you need to add a ridiculous amount of anolians to make it of a density worth it. The map is too big.

So in summary
  • clone UG, add anolians to one.
  • make juperos 1 venatu instant spawn and area spawns in each quadrant to keep the mob distribution suitable for multiple parties.
  • Put the buffed HO spawn and ironfist back in CT HO
  • Put GH Prison, along with GH graveyard back to it's old version
  • Revert GH castle and Chivalry too.
  • Re-do the Abyss event spawns until thors comes along.
  • Put in bio 3 all area spawns so that partying is viable, rather than everything dying until it eventually all respawns in the head.

These two I would very like. Went to both places today, they are sucks.
Anyway, any idea would these suggestions be implemented? Or would them be taken?
Thanks .

#89 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

I can't imagine the GMs would go to the effort of manually re-implementing all of Heim's custom spawn changes. Hopefully they have the ability to undo last maintenance.

#90 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

Remove the Variance on Mvps now!

#91 lihman

lihman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

can u give me any links for the monsters coz some of them i dont know where they put it :((

#92 prokchip

prokchip

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

http://db.irowiki.org/olddb/world-map/

#93 Gowi

Gowi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

Remove the Variance on Mvps now!

^

#94 Hellmasker

Hellmasker

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

I think implementing the Abyss Turn in event happened way to early.
If the Spotlight events were to have had much success, they should have focused more on buffing map spawns and exp on maps we don't normally level on. The Comodo Spotlight was a really good one imo. Not because the experience was really good, but because It just isn't worth leveling on unless the spawn is high.
Sadly, the Abyss event exp set the bar too high for future leveling events. Although Thors and Nameless Island are not difficult, I wonder how the exp per hour will be in comparison.
We definitely do not need Spotlights, increased spawns, or turn ins on maps/dungeons that are just implemented. Most people will be on those maps for a couple weeks regardless.
I would like to see the Guild Dungeons more appealing. I have always felt like those should be the hardest yet most rewarding leveling maps.

#95 swildturkey

swildturkey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow
  • Server:iRO

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

I think the thing about Episode 13.2 is that the episode itself was the final before Renewal hit. By then we already had all of Arunafeltz (Rachel Sanctuary/Fields, Ice Dungeon, Thor's Volcano, Abbey, etc) changes in maps such as Anolians, Seals, etc didn't matter as much anymore as there were better places to grind 80~99 (or leech for that matter.) Changing the maps and spawns to 13.2 now without the better places to level at makes it more difficult at the current state.

Edited by swildturkey, 07 May 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#96 Zeal

Zeal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Why can't i use my bloody branches anywhere?... wth

#97 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

Try use it in a dungeon.

#98 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Why can't i use my bloody branches anywhere?... wth

I was able to use mine on only one map! I'll sell you the location of the map on which it works for a decent enough price.

#99 Zeal

Zeal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

lmao i do not need to buy a location. i'll figure it out

#100 prokchip

prokchip

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Any reason why we shouldn't reinstate all of the Heim's CT changes? I found it made the majority of the maps useful, much more so than any of their 13.2 counterparts.

c_tower1 (1st floor)

• - 10 Bathory
    - 65 Punk
    - 9 Archer Skeleton
    - 31 Bapho Jr -> 39
    - 1 Clock Tower Manager 30 sec
    - add 2 Elder (5 min)
  • C_tower2 (2nd Floor)
    - 1 Clock Tower manager (30 Sec)
    - add 2 Elder (5 min)
    - 48 Archer skeletons ( 3 min) -> 20
    - 20 Clock -> 40