Any tips for newbie cleric playing CD?I m tired of getting insulted - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Any tips for newbie cleric playing CD?I m tired of getting insulted

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 seeyourhead

seeyourhead

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

I am new to CD and basically rose online. So i am still not familiar with all the classes in game. I tried playing CD but kept getting scolded. I know i am lousy but i did try my best to heal.

its just that when i rush in front to heal, i got killed quickly.When i hide behind then n only heal those that come near me i got scolded being noob. So now players that see me will scream "OMG the noob cleric"

When i tried to resuc, i got scolded vulgarities for trying to resuc him. Is there like a rule not to resuc certain classes at certain spot? Sometimes i just wanna hide the chat box so i dun have to see all this verbal abuse.

Is there like a way to gain points?Cos i kept seeing clerics getting 50-70 points while i am only getting 10-20:(

#2 uchups

uchups

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

whats your nickname? and which server?

#3 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

I'd hide the chatbox and do your best. Honestly this kind of behaviour isn't limited to Rose but it's still sad. People would much rather complain and be abusive than help someone new. I'm sure you'll get a mix of advice here ranging from useful to the same old just don't bother and I wish you luck either way. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun, if it isn't fun then do what you have to to make it fun for you and if that means hiding chat and just doing what you can then I say do it.

#4 Stachola

Stachola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

Let me direct you to a friend of mine named NamirBarades on forums. She will give you great tips on how to gain points and how to get these d0uche bags to respect you.

#5 seeyourhead

seeyourhead

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

I'd hide the chatbox and do your best. Honestly this kind of behaviour isn't limited to Rose but it's still sad. People would much rather complain and be abusive than help someone new. I'm sure you'll get a mix of advice here ranging from useful to the same old just don't bother and I wish you luck either way. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun, if it isn't fun then do what you have to to make it fun for you and if that means hiding chat and just doing what you can then I say do it.

Let me direct you to a friend of mine named NamirBarades on forums. She will give you great tips on how to gain points and how to get these d0uche bags to respect you.

i kept hearing ppl asking me to buff them, when i did a full buff, they changed gear. So i just wanna know which classes change gears and why do they change it? When i died n respawn, i did some basic buff to the team mates that spawn too and rushed forward to try to heal the others, somehow in 3 out of 4 battles i m the only cleric and i always get scolded for being noob. After a simple def,hp buff n evasive n crit buff i rushed forward to heal the others in the front line..n i got scolded for not giving buff...

any advice on how to be a pro cleric? Do you switch your jewel set in between battle.Like now i only have nature n typhoon n cliff set.When do i switch between them?

i feel guilty hiding the chatbox cos there r some that didn't scold me so if i hide my chatbox it means sometimes i wouldnt be able to see when they need a buff...

Edited by seeyourhead, 28 February 2013 - 07:37 AM.

#6 uchups

uchups

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

i'm trying to help here but am i supposed to write the super long advice on forum?

#7 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

I am new to CD and basically rose online. So i am still not familiar with all the classes in game. I tried playing CD but kept getting scolded. I know i am lousy but i did try my best to heal.

its just that when i rush in front to heal, i got killed quickly.When i hide behind then n only heal those that come near me i got scolded being noob. So now players that see me will scream "OMG the noob cleric"

When i tried to resuc, i got scolded vulgarities for trying to resuc him. Is there like a rule not to resuc certain classes at certain spot? Sometimes i just wanna hide the chat box so i dun have to see all this verbal abuse.

Is there like a way to gain points?Cos i kept seeing clerics getting 50-70 points while i am only getting 10-20:(

If Players are being vulgar and using offensive language. I suggest you ss and report.
I also suggest you dont aid disrespect, as in Heal/Buff.

i'm trying to help here but am i supposed to write the super long advice on forum?

It would be helpful, if you could post it. Condense it down, if you can.
Afterall, this issue is not solo to this particular Player.
There are others, who deal with such issues and come to Forums seeking advice.

#8 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

They're switching gear for the buff set thing, a very basic explanation is each set of gear offers an increase to stats that stays even when they change to other gear. You're doing your best, keep doing your best and trying to learn. Just quitting isn't going to help you learn and get to know what you need and even then I bet there will still be people that blame you because THEY suck.

uchups why not write it on the forums, if the advice is good I am sure the OP isn't the only one that would benefit from a detailed explanation!

#9 uchups

uchups

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

dunno but i guess there are things which is easier to be taught by direct contact
for example what gears are available to you so i could advice which gear is essential and explain in details..
i'm not really good in writing a guide nor i ever write a guide :heh:
also i dont really call myself a pro cleric.. but i never really got any complaint during crystal playing
but there's some player in game which asked me how to play this and that and i'll answer it as much as i could.. as long as i'm not busy as well hehe
this is why i could only give advice in game which i was trying to help at least :heh: :D

#10 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

To play as cleric in Crystal Defender, you have some pre-requisite to fulfill.

1) You need Advance cleric buffs, those that do multiple buff to your surrounding allies simultaneously.
2) You need to be Lv.230

Tips regarding how to be competitive and successful.

1) Experience - play the map more and gain knowledge on map location, understanding how to hide your characters to avoid others have a chance to click you, keep your character in motion all the time, to avoid getting clicked. Once you have been tagged by 2-3 enemies, you have to run away instead of standing there to tank/heal.

2) Gear - just get a good movement speed set, dash yourself and switch back to your fighting gear, I recommend using Luminous hat/chest and Glorious glove/shoe as fighting gear, because they give the best PvP resistance and all the tank/support stat. Jewelery, I prefer typhoon set 60dodge 40mspeed or T7 magical set.

3) Buff sequence - Movement speed > dodge/def/HP > accuracy/additional damage/attack speed > attack power/critical

4) Be a leader - you are the one who is vital to the outcome of a war, so be decisive on whether to regroup or not and to proceed, when your team get wiped out, don't distribute the buffs back to them immediately, try to delay the buff until everyone spawned and buff them.

5) Get some macro program to execute [Target enemy] > [Voltage storm], you must learn voltage storm to be competitive because it is magic reliable area effect damage skill which works on cloaked raiders as well.

6) Your total points come from damage inflicted as well, so don't just do healing. However, buffing will not give you any points, but it doesn't mean you can refrain from buffing.

#11 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

One of the main complaints is that some clerics do not have the Item Mall buffs. Single target buffing takes a cleric a long time. My first word of advice would be to try to get those IM buffs. They save a lot of time and a lot less abuse to the cleric by other members.

Secondly, try to get some PVP gear. Talk to some of the other clerics in game and see what they wear. Some use mspd, some use def gear, some use hp gear, some use a combination of gears. As you play and do more pvp games you will figure out your style of play and figure out what is best for your style. Mspd gear is great if you get good at running in and out, but if you get stunned or slowed by a lot of scouts on you then you are dead, etc.

I tend to buff everyone in my Int. gear at first and let people do buffsets. For buffsets, they are changing gear and or weapons to get a small % of those buffs at a higher level to stay with them. For example when they say mspd they have on a set of gear that gives them high mspd. But then they change the gear and ask for def, indicating that they have their def gear on, and so on. If there is time during the war for buffsets I will do it, but most of the good players, once in battle, will just do one set of buffs and get right back into the war. If it is a busy war, I buff as I can and get back to healing. I also try to buff is we are all standing somewhere, like at the crystal. Just do the best you can, you have the same idea as I do, we are support for everyone, not just a few players.

Rez is ok if it is safe. But in the middle of battle it is not worth rez because they just die right away again. You don't really have time to buff them. Let them respawn and at least get their self buffs going. If you think it is clear and you can heal them and buff them when you rez them, then do it. Otherwise let them respawn or ask for rez. That being said, if we are at the crystal and the mage or cleric gets killed I always try to rez them since they can heal themselves or at least for the mage, get some spins in. You will figure it out with practice.

If you need help most of the clerics in game are happy to help. Just ask.

Lastly, as a cleric, start working on developing a thick skin. We are a support class and sometimes people treat you as if you are a slave. But the really good people that thank you or say nice job are all around. I thank the fighters for doing a good job of fighting too lol. All you can do is your best. And ignore the comments.

#12 seeyourhead

seeyourhead

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

i got the party buff.... but i am now broke. and do not have the money to buy pvp gears...i only have simple reinforce items... i went to CD in hope of getting some honor items to buy honor gears.....
I am a fs cleric so my damage is very low....i can't hit.
What set should a cleric use when the battle start? Do you all change back to int set when your party members want a rebuff? with all the switching will my honor points even be lower cos i don't really heal.

Edited by seeyourhead, 28 February 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#13 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia
  • Server:Best Artisan in the world

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Tell them to enjoy life without heals.

#14 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

- don't worry about your damage for now, you don't need to do a lot. your main focus is being able to stay alive to heal your group.

- since you have IM party buffs, you won't need your single buffs. buy a skill reset to replace the points you used on single buffs with max dragon skin and any other def/magic tool block rate passives etc. also max puri and soul doubt, don't worry about summons or bonfire.

- wear your reinforced for now, but as Destiny said, work towards getting Luminous chest/bonnet, and Glorious gloves/shoes.

- you don't have time to constantly switch gem sets because it gets pretty busy in war. so your best defense depends on what you feel most comfortable with; your cliff set might help you tank a little better so you can stay to heal your group at the same time. the typhoon set makes you harder to target and you escape quicker, but that means you leave your group members behind without any heals and getting targeted wearing typhoon just means you die faster.

- you can switch to int set if you're not in the middle of a battle, but otherwise don't worry about it, just rebuff them with whatever set you have on. usually they're happy as long as they get buffs...

- don't res fighters unless you can keep them alive afterwards. sometimes res'ing another cleric can be helpful. but if everyone is dying around you, just let them respawn, regroup, and rebuff.

- try not to let people get to you, it can be frustrating for a new cleric in cd at first. good luck~

#15 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Let's be honest. I'm the only cleric that doesn't take any insults; the rest of you nickels just try to "brush it off."
You're going to continue getting insulted unless you man up and start flexing on these nickels!!!

Check it out; if somebody says.. "You suck, you never heal me."
Here is your response.. "Peasants deserve to die first."

Now if you get one of those "wow no party buffs wtf"
You can always be like "wow another that isnt getting any buffs at all"

It's simple. They insult you, you say some ingenious stuff and then you don't help them. Take the loss, protect your pride. AND START FLEXING ON THESE GOONS!!

Sources:
squipy always said i sucked.

Edited by Svenatenine, 28 February 2013 - 08:19 PM.

#16 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

true , but unfortunately you need those rude ppl to win the match too

#17 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

true , but unfortunately you need those rude ppl to win the match too

I don't think of it as a loss for me. I think of it as a win against the ragers and a loss for the ragers.

#18 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Let's be honest. I'm the only cleric that doesn't take any insults; the rest of you nickels just try to "brush it off."
You're going to continue getting insulted unless you man up and start flexing on these nickels!!!

Check it out; if somebody says.. "You suck, you never heal me."
Here is your response.. "Peasants deserve to die first."

Now if you get one of those "wow no party buffs wtf"
You can always be like "wow another that isnt getting any buffs at all"

It's simple. They insult you, you say some ingenious stuff and then you don't help them. Take the loss, protect your pride. AND START FLEXING ON THESE GOONS!!

Sources:
squipy always said i sucked.

As ridiculous as it sounds, true story.

#19 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

I don't quite get it when someone dies and blame anyone else esp. clerics. I mean come on, you are the pilot, you are liable to everything that happens on your char. Heals are just are like bonuses to keep you alive. And they always fail to realize, that CD is a war.

#20 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

I don't think of it as a loss for me. I think of it as a win against the ragers and a loss for the ragers.

ya but i'd still much rather win . and then once we do win, they can start feeling guilty for being rude and kiss my toes later~

#21 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

ya but i'd still much rather win . and then once we do win, they can start feeling guilty for being rude and kiss my toes later~

or they brush you off and say they won because they're the best in the game and then continue to insult you later~

Edited by Svenatenine, 28 February 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#22 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

or they brush you off and say they won because they're the best in the game and then continue to insult you later~

Unless you're in a reputable clan and have a rep for being a good cleric, the situations usually end up like that.

#23 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

THEN I KOS THEM 4LYF

#24 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

Unless you're in a reputable clan and have a rep for being a good cleric, the situations usually end up like that.

welllll regardless, i'd prefer to do my job even if they don't appreciate it or think they won because of their awesome efforts, instead of potentially losing the game for the rest of the group who aren't being rude. i mean you can't really have pride as a cleric if you aren't doing your job as one.

#25 DhsguiKch

DhsguiKch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

easy just don't enter untill you learn how to play and get full geared cause ppl wait alot for ga when they see noob cleric they just waited for nothing and lost the ga and probably need to relog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users