Failed to conect Patch Server (OLD THREAD - SEE FIRST POST) - Page 3 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Failed to conect Patch Server (OLD THREAD - SEE FIRST POST)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
189 replies to this topic

#51 Kevin1234

Kevin1234

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

Read this page: https://developers.g...-dns/docs/using

Well I use Windows so basically i just read and follow the passage below:

Microsoft Windows

DNS settings are specified in the TCP/IP Properties window for the selected network connection.
Example: Changing DNS server settings on Microsoft Windows 7

• Go the Control Panel.
  • Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings.
  • Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.
    • To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.
  • Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.
  • Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
  • Click OK.
  • Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
  • Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
    • For IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.
    • For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844
  • Restart the connection you selected in step 3.
  • Test that your setup is working correctly; see Testing your new settings below.
  • Repeat the procedure for additional network connections you want to change.

What should I put for my subnet mask then cause its asking for one O_o nd dns server? lol *lost*

#52 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:14 AM

What should I put for my subnet mask then cause its asking for one O_o nd dns server? lol *lost*

I think you're looking at the wrong tab.

#53 pippi

pippi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:classic and renewal

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

thanks for your answer Axylus!!! greetz

#54 zombiero

zombiero

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

google dns doesn't provide any positive results

#55 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

^Agreed I been trying all yesterday in this morning nothing works

#56 MooseJuice

MooseJuice

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

^Im in the same boat. I too have comcast and cannot play. I changed the dns to google dns and even tried open dns but neither worked. I was only able to change the dns on my computer as the option on my router does not exist. (or i cannot find it, i swear I have been everywhere in that thing) Its the comcast inifnty router (or whatever the supply us with).

also, sakray works, but ro does not. cannot load playragnarok.com either

Edited by MooseJuice, 03 March 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#57 MooseJuice

MooseJuice

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

i found a slightly annoying work around that will let comcast users that cannot get google dns to work to be able to play again.

You need an android phone or a phone that you can tether to your computer. I used EasyTether for my android phone (its a 3rd party app) to tether my phones 4g/3g connection to my laptop, connected to the patch server and was able to start the game.

once you start the game (before you login) you can turn off your tether and connect back to comcast. everything else will work as usual, its just connecting to the patch server that is not working.

so for now everytime i want to play I have to tether my phone, get thru the patch client, then reconnect to comcast and play. if you just never close the client you can get around having to re tether your phone over and over every time you close the game

#58 imleyend

imleyend

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Freya

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Thanks a lot, I change the DNS of my router to the Google one... And it works perfect n.n !!! Thanks a Lot

Edited by imleyend, 03 March 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#59 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

^Im in the same boat. I too have comcast and cannot play. I changed the dns to google dns and even tried open dns but neither worked. I was only able to change the dns on my computer as the option on my router does not exist. (or i cannot find it, i swear I have been everywhere in that thing) Its the comcast inifnty router (or whatever the supply us with).

also, sakray works, but ro does not. cannot load playragnarok.com either

Do you have more than one network connection configured? (To check, open the Network and Sharing Center Control Panel applet and then choose "change adapter settings" from the side pane.) If so, are you certain that you changed the settings of the correct connection?

If you're sure that you didn't make any errors, then try the following:

Note: Do not follow these instructions unless you have already tried using an alternate DNS server and it failed to resolve the problem.

• Open the start menu and then enter "notepad".
  • Right-click on Notepad in the "programs" section, and then choose "run as administrator".
  • Answer the User Account Control dialogue window that is presented affirmatively.
  • Press control-O.
  • Enter ""%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts"" (excluding the outer pair of quotation marks) into the "file name" field and then press enter.
  • Append the following lines to the file:

128.241.93.38 patch1.playragnarok.com
    128.241.93.38 patch2.playragnarok.com
    128.241.93.60 playragnarok.com
  • Append a blank line to the file.
  • Press control-S to save your changes.

The disadvantage of using this solution is that you will have to update your hosts file if and when the IP addresses of IRO's servers change. Fortunately, their addresses are unlikely to change more frequently than once every few years.

Edited by Axylus, 07 April 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#60 SilX

SilX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Please sticky this with notes on where solutions can be found

#61 Tris

Tris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNorCal
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

*raises hand* Comcast internet user having this problem too.

Obviously there's an unofficial solution to this problem via a DNS change, but it kind of bothers me that there's been no official acknowledgement that there's even a problem at all, and its been the community doing all the work to solve it.

Unfortunately Comcast is the only internet available in my area; 72$ a month for the kind of unstable, heinously slow internet they provide is totally not worth it. /facepalm

#62 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

Unfortunately Comcast is the only internet available in my area; 72$ a month for the kind of unstable, heinously slow internet they provide is totally not worth it. /facepalm

This, but the only problem I have so far is with the dns, not the speed.

Here, it's either ATT or Comcast...and I'll be damned if I go back to ATT

#63 NiteWolfX13

NiteWolfX13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Read this page: https://developers.g...-dns/docs/using

Well I use Windows so basically i just read and follow the passage below:

Microsoft Windows

DNS settings are specified in the TCP/IP Properties window for the selected network connection.
Example: Changing DNS server settings on Microsoft Windows 7

• Go the Control Panel.
  • Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings.
  • Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.
    • To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.
  • Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.
  • Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
  • Click OK.
  • Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
  • Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
    • For IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.
    • For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844
  • Restart the connection you selected in step 3.
  • Test that your setup is working correctly; see Testing your new settings below.
  • Repeat the procedure for additional network connections you want to change.

Thank you for sharing this. It took a bit longer than it should have since I'm running Win8 (lol), but I was able to resolve my issue following those instructions. However, what is confusing to me is how my boyfriend, who's computer is on the same modem/router, has never experienced this. O_o

I am looking forward to moving within into a more reliable ISP's coverage range soon. Goodbye forever, Comcast. We are tired of your dishonest and incompetent customer service. |:<

Just throwing it out there, are you on a router by chance? Is the firmware up to date? We had a problem with our connection at one point and was loading videos very slowly, but updating the firmware fixed the problem.

Edited by NiteWolfX13, 05 March 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#64 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

I noticed the topic was pinned...maybe they're either aware of the issue, or just to pin it so the devs/web owners can see?XD

#65 VolunteerMod09

VolunteerMod09

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 483 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Yes, since some people can't find the solution and they can refer here for solution without scrolling all way down and search each page =/ (Especially Comcast users).

#66 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

why are we all having the same problem now?
until friday everything was fine. did that googlething changed or something?

#67 VolunteerMod09

VolunteerMod09

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 483 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Have you tried using OpenDNS if the googleDNS failed?

#68 MasterKnshn

MasterKnshn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Server:Old Loki

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

I was quite irritated when I kept getting patch failures, I mean I get its comcast and what not but its rather irritating. And some of the steps listed can be skipped for me (for some reason Win7 doesnt have half the options) but once I figured out where I needed to be and put the numbers in patch worked INSTANTLY upon restarting the connection.

#69 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

Remember to check with IP Connection your internet is compatible with first before changing DNS.
http://ipv6-test.com/

#70 tophouse12

tophouse12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

atention comcast ISP uses i have been contacting them for the past week since warpportal is to freaking lazy to do crap there is a issue with they URL with the comcast data base and it is conflicting with their website due to malware from the website so your gm team needs to resolve this issue and, before you ask oda its been investigated by all of the comcast staff. also as well from the comcast uses using the DNS reset listen to these words IT DOES NOT WORK! you are having a malware conflict with your server so you might wanna check on that. and if you are trying to use the DNS change do not bother it will not work cuz its the issue of warpportals server patch and their URL

#71 tophouse12

tophouse12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

this issue can to be fixed until you shut down the servers and take out the malware from your systems and your servers where ever the malware may be in if i type in the IP address i can get into the website but if i type in the name of the webpage i am trying to get to from your website it does not resolve your issue by just trying to change the DNS this issue. the issue is that comcast has detected malware into your system and has been blocked and will not be unblocked until this is resolved. and honiestly you should fix it cuz there are alot of people that can not get on due to your end of the line of your credibility that your website/server/URL is the one is conflicting with comcast cuz of the Malware into your system

#72 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

I have comcast xfinity. and comcast uses a DNS lock to prevent people from changing to other dns. I cannot change it on my router, and i have changed it on my computer to google's public DNS.

I still cannot connect. I am running Windows XP.

Is there any way to help me solve this issue, or i guess im not playing ragnarok anymore cause i can't patch.

#73 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

I have comcast xfinity. and comcast uses a DNS lock to prevent people from changing to other dns. I cannot change it on my router, and i have changed it on my computer to google's public DNS.

I still cannot connect. I am running Windows XP.

Is there any way to help me solve this issue, or i guess im not playing ragnarok anymore cause i can't patch.

You can try and see if the patch bypasser will allow you to connect, but be careful to avoid patched NPCs (Gramps) as they will Disconnect you if you attempt to interact with them.

Right Click on "Ragnarok"
Select Properties
In "Target" replace
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Gravity\Ragnarok Online\Ragnarok.exe"
with
"C:\program files (x86)\gravity\ragnarok online\ragexe.exe" -1rag1

Remember to keep the original Target handy for if you ever get to a point where you are able to patch the game again.

Edited by Riakuta, 06 March 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#74 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

I have had that mod for about 2 months (when this issue started happening)

Its just throughout the week, i've been able to somehow patch.

Its just this week, none of my patch attempts have been successful.

#75 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

So i read on the other forum threads that There have been many tickets sent in concerning this issue. What is there to do in the meantime? Skip siege and wait hopefully for this to be fixed at warpportal's side? (that could take FOREVER)

Or bypass the patch and error out constantly?

seems like a lose lose situation

would a temporary fix be to use a mobile hotspot to tether the computer to and patch that way?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users