Need help with Mastersmith>Mechanic Build - Page 4 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need help with Mastersmith>Mechanic Build

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#76 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

luk is a cheaper way to get some of those substats mentioned before once the main stats are about to pass base 100 since beyond that, it starts costing a ton of points per stat (ofc there's exceptions like meg based 120-str builds, etc)
yeah, some luk is nice to have

#77 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationHorcatereilberg-the Grand City
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

Im not going to use holy cannons to all monsters first of all. SInce ti, has provided the quest with monsters that are weak to Holy property, then its the best cannonball for me to use. However, with this weeks ti, Loli/Violy, it kills Loli easily but not Violy, as I have to two-shot them with Holy C.b.

Yes my damage won't be that much effective anymore once I face the higher level monsters. However you keep saying Int is better but never explain why it int is so much better than luk. Can I hear your side on why Int is better? The only thing that INT is useful for me, is my SP regeneration, and increase in the SP pool. (There might be more, but I never notice it, or possibly it affects MATK? Not sure)

And also, this...what do you mean by this? "ive never heard of this wannabegeneticfullsupportbustapureforger build before."

#78 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

luk is a cheaper way to get some of those substats mentioned before once the main stats are about to pass base 100 since beyond that, it starts costing a ton of points per stat (ofc there's exceptions like meg based 120-str builds, etc)
yeah, some luk is nice to have

Yeah it does. But the exception of a 120 dex, is a good reason of wasting skills there, because it adds atk and speeds up casting.

#79 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

the only reason i said to get 20-30 int is for regeneration and sp pool. this other guy just ran with it on his own tangent

#80 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

idk because even 10 int helps with suicidal destruction more than 100 luk. and because the +10atk/matk, 3 pd, etc from 30 luk is a waste imo. rather pump more str/vit/or even dex. 30 agi maybe? these suggestions of throwing stats everywhere are probably keeping you from leveling. just get more levels and establish ur base stats then go from there. and btw that comment ur asking about was obviously not directed towards u.

tofu make a video or keep me out of ur comments with ur useless facts.

lawrence, man screw luk,int,even agi with the build ur going.. just go str/get a little more vit/dex is good and level up. u have a long way to go and at around 140 u wont even need anyones help ull have enough experience.

Edited by stoenr, 02 May 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#81 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

idk because even 10 int helps with suicidal destruction more than 100 luk. and because the +10atk/matk, 3 pd, etc from 30 luk is a waste imo. rather pump more str/vit/or even dex. 30 agi maybe?

i actually loled. :heh:

obviously somebody cant do math. just for the sake of entertaining this hilarity, im going to make this as easy for you to understand as humanly possible:

120 str = 166 base atk with 1518 leftover stat points to spend
100 str + 60 luk = 165 base atk with 1695 leftover stat points to spend + some Perfect Dodge which is helpful for tanking mobs

if you still dont see the MASSIVE benefit to not maxing your STR button out and opting for luk instead, then im sorry but aint noone in this game can help you son

Edited by killedbytofu, 03 May 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#82 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

get off my nuts and stick to the OP. I never said max out 120 of anything. help out lawrence u idiot. ill say it again get your F------A-- OCD mind off my nuts.

Edited by stoenr, 03 May 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#83 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

Please be nice to eachother. There is absolutely no reason for personal attacks here.

21-30 luk is generally correct for maximizing attack on an attack class, and maxing str is never a smart move.

Be sure to include the str bonus to weapon attack when running these numbers, though (and remember that it's effected by element, while status attack is not).

#84 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

120 str = 166 base atk with 1518 leftover stat points to spend
100 str + 60 luk = 165 base atk with 1695 leftover stat points to spend + some Perfect Dodge which is helpful for tanking mobs

I can see the big difference there! :p_idea:

And I would actually want to have more stat points to spend.

#85 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

Speaking of elements, should I max out Elemental Shift Skill for mado suit so it can have Fire, Wind, Water and Earth elements for mado?
If yes, do I still need to use elemental armors against a certain type of monster or mvp, despite the fact that the suit can change elements as well?

Im just curious... :)

Also, im getting close on obtaining a Neutral Barrier lvl 1 :rice:

#86 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Speaking of elements, should I max out Elemental Shift Skill for mado suit so it can have Fire, Wind, Water and Earth elements for mado?
If yes, do I still need to use elemental armors against a certain type of monster or mvp, despite the fact that the suit can change elements as well?

Im just curious... :)

Also, im getting close on obtaining a Neutral Barrier lvl 1 :rice:

i havnt ran tests on Elemental Shift yet, so you might wanna test it with the lower lvl of the skill first to see if it stacks with elemental armor or not.

I updated irowiki with a few more tooltips for mechanic class as well.

also was running dmg tests and finding weird inconsistencies with damage on some spells. My 3xAS Twin Edge was actually doing way more damage with Vulcan Arm then any other weapon lol. I guess the formula for the skill is purely based on DEX, weapon element, and ranged damage enchants with ATK playing a much lesser role then the other mechanic dmg spells.

#87 Ragetsu

Ragetsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

Hi, has anyone found the answer to the Elemental Shift question. Should it be max lvl and do you need elemental armor if you can change to those 4 elements.

#88 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

Hi, has anyone found the answer to the Elemental Shift question. Should it be max lvl and do you need elemental armor if you can change to those 4 elements.

I think there was a reply from this before you asked this question but somehow it disappeared.
Anyways, I am still not sure about this as it in my opinion is undergoing for a testing mode.
I only have lvl 1 of this though, and I haven't tested this skill lately. For now, we shall have to wait for someone who can do this.

P.S.
I would but I do not have the luxury of getting the elemental armors nor the extravagance of time itself.

#89 equisce

equisce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Locationmexico

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

Yes, U can change to those 4 elements.

maybe Undead, Holy, Shadow... poison...

i havnt ran tests on Elemental Shift yet, so you might wanna test it with the lower lvl of the skill first to see if it stacks with elemental armor or not.

no, that can't be

Edited by equisce, 22 May 2013 - 10:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users