[Ongoing] Seal Quest Rewards feedback station - Page 5 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Ongoing] Seal Quest Rewards feedback station

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

#101 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

When we have a combined VIP drop and server drop event, I'm pretty sure that figure is higher.

#102 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:44 AM

Maybe a reduction of drop rate to 0.05 will make them less common while not making them too rare?  

At least until the empty WoE situation works its self out.

Edited by HikariYari, 13 July 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#103 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

Being that I made 2 belts on 1 castle/WoE, I don't think reducing the castle numbers would change much of anything, other than completely crushing the hopes and dreams of the little guilds that now manage to fend off small parties at the end.

Oh you don't WoE, how would you even know if there are that many empty castles or not? I can be honest and say I've spent WoEs sending out one person to every fort, and really, they find 1 *actually* empty maybe at the end.

http://choobs.org/classicwoe/index

There are still a good variety of guilds taking castles. I know some are one man things, but what generally happens is, a big guild will fan out, attack a bunch of castles with parties, then recall with like 2 mins left and leave some empty.

And if people are smart, they actually just run in in the last couple mins and try to steal it. Tactics!

Edited by Xellie, 13 July 2013 - 01:02 AM.

#104 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

To sum it all up then, Damage has been done and nothing can be done to fix it.

I'm sorry, I just hear a lot of people complaining about the WoE population all the time. Empty castles and all that.

Edited by HikariYari, 13 July 2013 - 01:07 AM.

#105 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:03 AM

Please refer to my edit.

edit:

zzzz just started getting loot now, already got 2 parts from one castle. This is insane.

Lets see what else this server decides to bestow upon me today.

I think that is the biggest issue, the transference of econ through lack of breaks during WoE. You'll find a lot of castles just grow in treasure box numbers without actually being defended.

All the action is in 1~2 castles max every WoE. At the end its different (a lot of guilds only do the last half of WoE) - and the breakdown of the castles isn't their primary concern, they just want to sit in the middle and fight.

Edited by Xellie, 13 July 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#106 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:22 AM

I'm actually looking forward to getting trans and joining a guild to WoE with, but I guess I really don't have any say until I actually get to that point and actively WoE.

I'm sorry for bothering you xellie.

#107 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

No, that's not why I said what I did, I'd just rather you were armed with the facts when discussing such things! =P

I know it comes across as condescending sometimes, but you can read stuff like "omg qq nobody fought us today" and think "damn, woe must be empty" when there's reasons for it like all the guilds avoiding the one complaining, or just not much happening in the start of WoE.

Or just accidentally ignoring one particular castle ._.

And you know ryoko, I dunno if kythor told you or not, but we'd help you out if you played with us.

#108 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

Gum should be disabled from working on castle loot, as well as server rates. Reducing number of castles will do nothing.

#109 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

• Gum on castles to not work. +1 Hrishi.
  • Reduce maximum members in guilds.
  • Take away allies.
  • Or just take away allies and leave guild sizes.

Also, xellie has a good point.  If you are a small guild and want practice, you can just play last 30min of woe and find a castle.  You'll definitely get someone to attack you.

#110 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

• Gum on castles to not work. +1 Hrishi.
  • Reduce maximum members in guilds.
  • Take away allies.
  • Or just take away allies and leave guild sizes.

Also, xellie has a good point.  If you are a small guild and want practice, you can just play last 30min of woe and find a castle.  You'll definitely get someone to attack you.

Agree, gum working on treasure is dumb, should be 1x rates on treasure loots IMO!

Something needs to be done about guild size/allies, the simple solution is to leave guild size how it is and disable allies. Anyone who thinks there are enough WoE guilds on this server for alliances is silly.

> Also too many castles open but I don't see that changing.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 14 July 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#111 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

I still think Treasure should come directly from an NPC rather than boxes.

#112 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

So what sorts of things could we do to the seals to make them more appealing for your average player to do? Do we need to increase the exp rewards? Put better items in the pool?

Would changing the order around be better? Have 3/4 up first so they're going to get done after an item gets made so any guild is only stuck with doing ~200 quests?

What can we do to solve the insane drop rate of treasure, base rates + gum + VIP is pretty nuts. Should we lower the drop rates? Is it too late or has the damage mostly been done.

#113 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

I still think Treasure should come directly from an NPC rather than boxes.

Or why not have the treasure boxes drop treasure boxes (consumable) which you double click to open? :-)

#114 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

So what sorts of things could we do to the seals to make them more appealing for your average player to do? Do we need to increase the exp rewards? Put better items in the pool?

Would changing the order around be better? Have 3/4 up first so they're going to get done after an item gets made so any guild is only stuck with doing ~200 quests?

What can we do to solve the insane drop rate of treasure, base rates + gum + VIP is pretty nuts. Should we lower the drop rates? Is it too late or has the damage mostly been done.

Is there a way to just force 1x rates on god items or something? The same way accessory card drops rates are forced 1x rates.

#115 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

I think the only way to do something like that would be doing something like what Xellie or Cyber suggested, just have treasure handed out by an NPC. Or have an NPC that gives you openable boxes with the randomised loot inside.

#116 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:49 AM

Classic Lucky God Item Box

#117 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

You could do something daly quen style, and the great thing is that treasure wouldn't be lost through maints.

Let me be honest, the damage is already done. Bring on the next seal roll =)

Edited by Xellie, 22 July 2013 - 08:13 AM.

#118 Sansui

Sansui

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

What happened a while back on renewal when the servers were un-merged (valk-yimir-ygg) was that the GM's updated the weapons list and allowed you to choose a random wep, and the quests gave kvm badges, that got enough other players motivated to do the quests so that they rolled on a regular basis untill most of the goditems were made.   Now I am in no way suggesting that kvm badges be added to the rewards, however, adding additional rewards to the existing seal quest may make more people do the quests rather than simply wanting to make a icepick/goditem.   

What additional rewards might make people do the quests? BG medals? Some kind of token to turn in to get hats/other rewards? More Exp? A choice in weapons (most people do the quest for icepicks)? lucky boxes? I think that if there was any real desire to have the seals rolled more often the gms would have already updated the rewards....

Edited by Sansui, 28 July 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#119 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

How about adding something absolutely unique to each seal?  Except 4.

Seal 1: Random chance at discontinued kafra headgears.  The list would expand as new ones are added.  Better headgears have a lower chance, but you will get a headgear.

Ex

Dress Hat - Evil Marching Hat: 5% chance each

Well Chewed Pencil - Pirate Dagger: 10% chance each

etc etc

It would work like this: You are randomly given a rarity category, then you receive a headgear out of that, all at an even rate.  So if you roll a 100 sided dice and get 3, you would get the best category.  You would then have a 50/50 chance between a Dress Hat and an Evil Marching Hat.

Seal 2: Random chance at a slotting coupon, (possibly) decarding coupon, (possibly) stat reset coupon, (possibly) enchanting coupon

You'd have an even chance at each (25%, or whatever division for the amount of items)

Slotting Coupon: Protects the item upon failure of slot enchantment

Decarding Coupon: Provides a small chance to decard an item (say, 5-10%).  Upon failure, nothing happens.

Stat Reset Coupon: Would allow you to reduce the cooldown on your 20 point reset, or perhaps could supply a smaller reset (say, 5 point reset)

Enchanting Coupon: Increases the chance to receive a +3 enchant.  Does not protect against failure nor guarantee a successful enchant.

#120 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

How about adding something absolutely unique to each seal?  Except 4.

Seal 1: Random chance at discontinued kafra headgears.  The list would expand as new ones are added.  Better headgears have a lower chance, but you will get a headgear.

Ex

Dress Hat - Evil Marching Hat: 5% chance each

Well Chewed Pencil - Pirate Dagger: 10% chance each

etc etc

It would work like this: You are randomly given a rarity category, then you receive a headgear out of that, all at an even rate.  So if you roll a 100 sided dice and get 3, you would get the best category.  You would then have a 50/50 chance between a Dress Hat and an Evil Marching Hat.

Seal 2: Random chance at a slotting coupon, (possibly) decarding coupon, (possibly) stat reset coupon, (possibly) enchanting coupon

You'd have an even chance at each (25%, or whatever division for the amount of items)

Slotting Coupon: Protects the item upon failure of slot enchantment

Decarding Coupon: Provides a small chance to decard an item (say, 5-10%).  Upon failure, nothing happens.

Stat Reset Coupon: Would allow you to reduce the cooldown on your 20 point reset, or perhaps could supply a smaller reset (say, 5 point reset)

Enchanting Coupon: Increases the chance to receive a +3 enchant.  Does not protect against failure nor guarantee a successful enchant.

#121 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

I'm not so sure they need to be as extreme as Jaffer suggested. But putting Magical Stones or other useful items worth reasonable amounts of zeny into the Seals wouldnt be too bad. Putting something like Magic Stones would give some people unwilling to pay an opportunity to get started, maybe reduce the level requirement of the seals to 60, so a first class player who is yet to make it to job 50 still can get it without suffering some levels after job 50. You could even use the stone to reset your seal status?? So guilds who *are* rolling those early seals themselves can get a reset and dont have to continue making large numbers of new characters to continue.

The only issue I see with potentially increasing the rewards and including something like Kafra hats/items is people starting to bot them and all the things that come with that.

#122 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

You could even use the stone to reset your seal status??

Don't think that's a good idea. If you saw how this went on the renewal servers, you'd know what I mean.

#123 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Real helpful, care to explain?

#124 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

Too many god items were made too quickly

#125 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

Real helpful, care to explain?

God items became how much cash you could throw at the kafra shop for magic stones (think each god item = $100 for stones) and we saw 2-3 god items being made every day. Of course the second will probably not happen for long since we don't have as many sets but still..

Edited by Hrishi, 28 July 2013 - 02:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users