• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OldSchool777

OldSchool777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Hi guys, anyone can help me on this question please ? I want now wt the best class to pve/pvp and a guide to build/ dna... i dont want make a fail ranger or avenger. ^^" Thx

Edited by OldSchool777, 08 March 2013 - 03:44 AM.

#2 Daniels1976

Daniels1976

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:trifi, nova

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

Well first thing your gonna want to do is decide if you want your hunter to be a ranger or avenger, ranger main focuse is phew with launcher and your gonna want to max your range skills and your damage. Avenger is more for traps and pet capture launcher is more for backup phew phew. Once you decide which way you want to go people could help you better.

#3 OldSchool777

OldSchool777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

Avenger is a support class? I like Ranger but is AA char right?

Edited by OldSchool777, 08 March 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#4 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

I like Ranger but is AA char right?

ranger can use skills to, but ranger works more with AA build

#5 Daniels1976

Daniels1976

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Avenger is nice once your able to get a level 80+ pet then you can solo most the dungeons I am talking like RM, DS and WS with it and its a lot faster then a dominator. Which is something you would not be able to do with a ranger, If they fix that pet revive after re-balance avenger well be awesome only thing with them I see wrong is not all monsters that have a level above there name is capture-able, rangers do have some cool skills though as you can increase how far away an enemy is with the ability to attack them from further away, you can increase the damage you can do with your launcher, both have at least one decent stun for higher levels. If you look threw the threads there is some good advice on builds for both.

#6 OldSchool777

OldSchool777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Thx guys i choose make a avenger , i think is better to pve .... now i only need help to make a build SKILL/DNA

#7 Akro

Akro

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

wondering with what mobs u solo rm ds bosses, before resummon time was nerfed i was trying with st elephants, after it become impossible cuz as of what i remeber elephant was dying before boss and was need resummon, i been helping mob with aa with launcher tho
best mobs to farm were et ones, but good times gone a while ago :(

just make +30 sin or zerk will be best pve char with pots u can solo everything even jugger

#8 Daniels1976

Daniels1976

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

If you run out before you attack the boss and re enter with elephant full health then you can, and if you use your traps and attack mobs first then elephant don't die, but when you get to the boss make sure to attack with elephant first, or if your lucky enough to have them instant pots. Ain't sure of last boss in RM though have done DS and WS this way though. I know at one point the Scunner from ST was able to do it but not no more. The avenger was way better back when cap was 79 as it was not needed so bad. It is still better then my dominator which is bad as there is kazara
, lenatore, ennon, nastech and the humbumba.

#9 Daniels1976

Daniels1976

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

wondering with what mobs u solo rm ds bosses, before resummon time was nerfed i was trying with st elephants, after it become impossible cuz as of what i remeber elephant was dying before boss and was need resummon, i been helping mob with aa with launcher tho
best mobs to farm were et ones, but good times gone a while ago :(

just make +30 sin or zerk will be best pve char with pots u can solo everything even jugger

Are you talking event pots or just regular pots? +30 toon would be awesome don't think it would matter too much what class it was, but yea ET have not had any luck with that yet. Really would be nice if they got rid of level on mobs they don't let you capture or just let you capture them again.

Edited by Daniels1976, 09 March 2013 - 09:17 AM.

#10 heroesdemise

heroesdemise

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Server:Trifi

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

Avenger and Rangers are both PvE/PvP actually esp if your avenger with traps critting 2-3k

Rangers are also good stealth detection + that range +dmg+AA speed its a sin without stealth who can see stealth targets and can fire from 35 meters that + LRDD Lv 5 could be your demise

But ultimately here is the thing at lv 49 Avenger has 2 traps and very good useful those two traps are great.

Im maxing both Guided and Explosion traps + DNA for Potens 5 sec cd on Explosion Trap I'll find the maxed reduced on Guided when I can get lv 69 and have my 65 FoC gear.

For PvE Avngers are great with the fact you can capture lv 70 pets I heard ones like boss pets correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I heard.

I can't give you an Exact build because I would rather someone find their own build but most will say for Avengers Max your traps. And max DNA for those traps now its optional whether you wait til second job to use DNA. But if you're a free user you have 25 if you put money into it you could have 30+ max you can get is like 55 thats cash 25 basic 25 and quest 5.

Rangers I know nothing about but it seems like a sin with ability to see sin but no stealth, 35 m range is deadly + with a LRDD enchant lv 3 or higher would be the best.

Again its all how you want to play your character.

but i love and enjoy avengers, i played a Prot , Sin ,Avenger and WL and i do say the most fun is having a toon that can crit 1600 from a far distance with traps.

#11 Daniels1976

Daniels1976

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

The days of being able to capture bosses is long gone, unless you count qualin is last one in game you can capture can't even capture the field bosses.

#12 Daniels1976

Daniels1976

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Issue is making +30 if your not wanting to cheat to do it or spend lots of IM points, and getting the instant event pots as there the ones your gonna want and looks like there going for around 3kk a stack.

#13 ThreeTimes6

ThreeTimes6

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Ex-Hammerine

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

If you run out before you attack the boss and re enter with elephant full health then you can, and if you use your traps and attack mobs first then elephant don't die, but when you get to the boss make sure to attack with elephant first, or if your lucky enough to have them instant pots. Ain't sure of last boss in RM though have done DS and WS this way though. I know at one point the Scunner from ST was able to do it but not no more. The avenger was way better back when cap was 79 as it was not needed so bad. It is still better then my dominator which is bad as there is kazara
, lenatore, ennon, nastech and the humbumba.

Domis are only "bad" if u either don't know how to handle them properly, they're really bad equipped (and I mean REALLY) or u still believe the pets have to do the whole job (somehow I read sth like that in every of ur answers).... and lol HUMBUMBA, sounds funny

#14 Daniels1976

Daniels1976

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

Level 80 with mainly +5 foc armor with a 65 dungeon staff +15. Jewels have been trying to see if any of them would effect pets strength but none seem too think I have firmus +10 or so and kept some c-c lab ones for it.

#15 ThreeTimes6

ThreeTimes6

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

well since u reached 80 lvl with ur domi u already should've knowledge about that class and that no ornament will affect the stats of ur pets... Magic Swallower + Supernus Ornaments (SL ornaments too ???? omg) at 80 lvl, well... sounds like pure afk-build at lowest stage that wouldnt even able to kill any WS-boss without potting *lol* I'm not really sure if trolling or serious...

#16 Daniels1976

Daniels1976

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

I need to gear it as main purpose was afking and collecting items, which is not a option right now with pk going on.

#17 Daniels1976

Daniels1976

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

All my toons need geared better as none where really meant for pk stuff.

#18 Daniels1976

Daniels1976

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

My only point I was making domi, vs avenger the lone venger pet can outshine a class that is given 5 pets.

#19 ThreeTimes6

ThreeTimes6

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

u compare 2 complete different classes, well a venger with an elephant is a nice combo but have u ever watched the abilities of the domi pets (inclusive the "hidden" feature) ?

Kazara = slow, Ennon = heal (master), Nastech = selfheal, Humbaba = stun/selfheal, Lenatore = kiting sucker

as mentioned in any other thread, the domi is fine with its abilities given by the pets already, u only have to manage to use it right... Domis with 5 pets (each with the strength of 1 elephant ? is that what u want ?)

Edited by ThreeTimes6, 19 March 2013 - 01:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users