TrySufferin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AUS
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

I war alot in the training grounds, Im constantly getting debuffed by mages its pathetic how fast a mage can take you're whole buff set away. And the more annoying point is that people log in multiple accounts and afk the mage in tg until someone comes in.
At times i have had about 3 mages after me at once and a matter of seconds im completly debuffed. I vote for at least the cooldown timer to be longer or something cause war seems pointless when there are debuffers, which is a big part of this game.

Just a suggestion.

#2 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Sad and true...

#3 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:08 AM

Last time I checked, the mage debuff skill had an insanely long cooldown.

#4 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

There are two debuffs namely the "Anti-magic shell" and the "Fierce cudgeling"

Fierce cudgeling is on mage skill tree which has 650 reliable weapon power and Dispel [2] @ 100% success rate, also a close range attack animation with cool down 20 seconds.

Anti-magic shell is on unique mage skill tab which has 0 power and Dispel [1] @ 50% success rate, a long range 18m attack animation skill with cool down 2 minutes.

#5 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

So I'd say, remove one or the other, and call it good. Leaving the 2 min CD.

Or, take the Dispel off of the Fierce Cudgeling, so the debuffing power of a mage isn't so OP.

I think [1] Dispel @ 50% every 1-2 min would be perfect. It's pretty unfair to run around like god, debuffing 2 buffs @ 100% success rate.

#6 TrySufferin

TrySufferin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AUS

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

So I'd say, remove one or the other, and call it good. Leaving the 2 min CD.

Or, take the Dispel off of the Fierce Cudgeling, so the debuffing power of a mage isn't so OP.

I think [1] Dispel @ 50% every 1-2 min would be perfect. It's pretty unfair to run around like god, debuffing 2 buffs @ 100% success rate.

Yes i agree, If u choose to use the class mage, thats fine but its the dual client users just for a debuff for an easier win that annoys me.

#7 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

There are two debuffs namely the "Anti-magic shell" and the "Fierce cudgeling"

Fierce cudgeling is on mage skill tree which has 650 reliable weapon power and Dispel [2] @ 100% success rate, also a close range attack animation with cool down 20 seconds.

Fierce cudgeling debuffs 100% now? It didn't use to. :o

#8 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

I have no idea. I haven't played a Mage in a bit... but I figured the person played a Mage and knew for certain.

Just looked on rose-kuro, and it shows the skill, but not the % in which it is successful.

http://rose.kuro-tej...j=2&sb1=2&sb2=4

#9 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

You guys only think about how to take away other class uniqueness...but have you guys even play a mage yet?

I'm not going to say mage is weak so they deserve this annoying skill, that's wrong concept.

But they deserve more improvement if this skill is going to be removed.

#10 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

I don't PvP, nor do I play a Mage. It's just illogical to allow a class to remove like 30% of a person's buffs in 2 skills.

Get 3 mages on a person, and their buffs will almost be gone in an instant.

Edited by Banrukai, 11 March 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#11 TrySufferin

TrySufferin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AUS

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

You guys only think about how to take away other class uniqueness...but have you guys even play a mage yet?

I'm not going to say mage is weak so they deserve this annoying skill, that's wrong concept.

But they deserve more improvement if this skill is going to be removed.

hmm i play as a scout now try killing a mage plus other fighters when you are are debuffed silenced and stunned the whole time.

#12 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Get 3 mages on a person, and their buffs will almost be gone in an instant.

Get 3 raiders on a person, and your HP will be gone in an instant.
Get 3 artisans on a person, and you enjoy perma sleep.
Get 3 knights on a person, and you get taunt at all direction.
Get 3 clerics on a person, and you never accomplish anything.
Get 3 scouts on a person, and you become a kite.

hmm i play as a scout now try killing a mage plus other fighters when you are are debuffed silenced and stunned the whole time.

If you need to "try" killing a mage, then you really should try more until you don't need to try anymore. And it sounds like you are playing your scout like a melee fighter, if you don't stand too close to them, you won't get muted from hurricane, you won't get debuffed and you have unlimited camouflage, scout is the easiest class to play currently. Scout must have more mspeed than mage, so you can anticipate their Fierce Cudgeling which is a close range attack, it's ok if you can't dodge Anti magic shell, but it's only 50% chance [Dispel 1] with 2 minutes cool down.

I'm not defending the idea of debuffs here, but scout should never have trouble against mage.

Edited by DestinyDeoxys, 11 March 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#13 TrySufferin

TrySufferin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AUS

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Get 3 raiders on a person, and your HP will be gone in an instant.
Get 3 artisans on a person, and you enjoy perma sleep.
Get 3 knights on a person, and you get taunt at all direction.
Get 3 clerics on a person, and you never accomplish anything.
Get 3 scouts on a person, and you become a kite.

If you need to "try" killing a mage, then you really should try more until you don't need to try anymore. And it sounds like you are playing your scout like a melee fighter, if you don't stand too close to them, you won't get muted from hurricane, you won't get debuffed and you have unlimited camouflage, scout is the easiest class to play currently. Scout must have more mspeed than mage, so you can anticipate their Fierce Cudgeling which is a close range attack, it's ok if you can't dodge Anti magic shell, but it's only 50% chance [Dispel 1] with 2 minutes cool down.

I'm not defending the idea of debuffs here, but scout should never have trouble against mage.

its not the mage i have trouble agaisnt kill the mage yes easy done, mage respawn just keeps coming back in the mean time u try fight others u can run but u will never kill anyone.. this is from exp no mage i can take down a fair few ppl

Say for instance i pop some boosters maybe an aura or sigil i can take down 3 arti's or 3 raiders or 3 champs no worries at all, along comes a mage oooppss srry i just took ur sigil.

Edited by TrySufferin, 11 March 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#14 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

Well I did use to play a mage, (it was my very first character), and Fierce Cudgeling only debuffed a percentage of the time. Mages do indeed need some work, however, I say let the debuff stay. Until they improve the class, it is the only real chance they have at winning a pvp.

#15 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

If the buffset system never came about, this wouldnt be a problem, you would just have to rebuff on the fly. But because the elitest players wont fight without buffsets most of the time, they take too long and get irritated when they have to rb.the cooldowns are fine.

Edit I should say the cd for the mechanic is fine if it were in a buff system that was intended to exist, because buffaeta were not intended to happen, some features became broken. Another example is mirror phtasm being used by scouts for a dodge buff set.

Edited by Feuer, 13 March 2013 - 05:46 AM.

#16 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts
  • LocationDepends on the day
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

In feuer online that may be the case. In rose online we can buffset, glitch or not until they change it, it's part of the game others choose to use.

Mage's fierce cudgeling needs a longer CD, but mage also needs some sort of passives and other abilities to make it a more viable class. If we're going to discuss balancing PVP skills, we should have input from players that play all classes.

#17 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

Personally I have seen Mages beating raiders in 1v1s, without debuffs. It sure is hard...and that does not justify for the lack of enhancements to the mage class.

The debuff skillS though,are really the wrongest skills ever. I could deal with 1, that removes 1 stat, perhaps 2 with a lower success rate, with a long cooldown. But as of now having mages who run and debuff in a war takes away all the fun.

Maybe Fierce Cudgeling could be converted to a big temporary debuff. Like...50% ap down 50% acc down for 20 seconds or something along those lines...

#18 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

That's kinda unfair for mages who use debuffing as a defense, changing it would take the classes ability away to be viable in war. A longer CD having it take specific buffs only could be an alternative. A lower success rate would be great for it as it is. Have it be like like 60% or have it remove the same buffs every. Maybe specific buffs for each class.

#19 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

Yeah but one only, not 2...change Fierce Cudgeling and keep Anti Magic Shell the way it is now...or remove anti magic shell and keep fierce cudgeling...idk...but 2 of them are just too many.

#20 SpawN9999

SpawN9999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

I always thought it was meant to be a temporary buff negation , like -20% of 2 random buffs but it never got fixed?

#21 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

Justin, XionIIXIX, mage 221. Capped for grinding and pvp, played it for a few months. Theres nothing wrong with removing buffs. Many games have it, and buffs have a short cd already. Stop being an elitest and trying to state other people that you know nothing about have no reason to comment on topics.

Edited by Feuer, 14 March 2013 - 04:55 AM.

#22 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

Take your own advise, since 221 isn't viable for war or pvp purposes when you can get 9 more levels.

#23 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

And ruin the ability to get better drops, no thanks.

#24 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcWuRktyIHk

that s all i say - agree!

How about a change of debuff mechanik: debuff only works if you have already 1 or 2 "deBuffs" on the target? like you have hellfire+Slow on your target? then you can debuff! - so the pathetic debuffslaves that only die respawn debuff die and respawn... get stopped!

Edited by matthiashornauer, 14 March 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#25 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Or how about deminishing returns be implemented. The success rate is lowered after each successful use?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users