Patch - v461(462) March 14 @ 1:00PM (-8:00 UTC) - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch - v461(462) March 14 @ 1:00PM (-8:00 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#26 KatBuffs

KatBuffs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Well, its a little more understandable with the pvm then it is with the pvp. You're getting items directly from the dungeons(on top of valor), pvp you still have to do *at least* 10 games to get something like a max level honor weapon.. the PVM dungeons have a faster effect on the economy(This is obviously not accounting for you switching to other chars..which, as stated in the post above, is a possibility). And please don't tell me I'm saying this because I'm a PVPer, because I have plenty of people who will vouch for me when I say I do both.

At least with people who strictly do PVM, you could do a dungeon--then go farm elsewhere(well.. as far as farming will get you anyways). For some pvpers, the only pvp they get is from CD.

oh you mean that wonderful CRAP that is called exhaulted that you might as well npc? or the weapons in the cave that arent worth anything either? by the time you might get lucky and get a mount, you've spent most of the day in dungeons.

#27 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Each hour, you regenerate 4,000 points of energy, whether you are online or not. (A full energy bar is 2 in a half hours, if completely depleted)

If you entered Cave of Ulverick (200-230), the cost to enter is 7,000 Energy. (10,000 - 7,000 = 3,000)
While you are playing, depending on how long you take, you begin regenerating energy.
If you take 30 minutes to complete the dungeon, you will have regenerated 2,000 energy. (3,000 + 2,000 = 5,000)
Now you need 30 more minutes of regeneration to gain another 2,000 points of energy, before you can enter that same dungeon. (5,000 + 2,000 = 7,000)

The overall design of this Energy bar system is to allow for more flexibility in game play. The longer you might end up waiting for a match or dungeon the more you end up regenerating which could lead you in to your next match or dungeon after. So if you're highly active and exhaust your energy quickly, you will need to wait for it to regenerate to a point you can enter another queue for a match or dungeon. You will not be able to queue if you do not meet the needs of the Game Arena mode, but it will not deduct the energy until you actually enter the Game Arena mode itself.

It is a correct observation that the overall "once per hour" dungeon run is not possible based on the values of energy cost that have been set, if you were to purely wait and if you enter dungeons immediately back to back without any wait time at all.

However, we have the future intent to include quests that will give Energy rewards, to help encourage normal game play, rather than the idea of just sitting around to wait for the bar to fill. One of the long term goals we have is to have something available to do between matches or dungeons, while you wait for the queue to accumulate a large enough group to initiate a Game Arena mode. Quests with Energy rewards are being worked towards, as well as other considerations such as Honor / Valor point exchange for energy or even the consideration to the use of zulie in exchange for incremental energy restoration.

#28 JoshRamsammy

JoshRamsammy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

love this update :p_omg: , & remember for dungeons it was once a day before & cd was unlimited so its still fair .

#29 KatBuffs

KatBuffs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

love this update :p_omg: , & remember for dungeons it was once a day before & cd was unlimited so its still fair .

once a day wasnt fair and neither is this, but like always the pvp crowd gets catered to

#30 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Is there any updates regarding the "Game Arena respawn on Disconnection"? or is it a forgotten feature already? Well.. it will be great to have it. :x

Edited by claw68, 14 March 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#31 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

Is there any updates regarding the "Game Arena respawn on Disconnection"? or is it a forgotten feature already? Well.. it will be great to have it. :x

It is not forgotten, but it is not a simple thing to address either. This will likely take more time and be updated down the line as it is able to be.

once a day wasnt fair and neither is this, but like always the pvp crowd gets catered to

This is not a catering to PvP players only. We still have kept our design intent intact. We wanted to increase the number of times Dungeons could be accessed throughout a day as well as put a limiting factor to the PvP aspect of it, with considerations to the Premium Service we have.

While discussing the difference between the two, Dungeons have an immediate end result and rewards to them, that the PvP matches do not. To us, that gives them a higher end value upon completion, per instance, that is guaranteed as well, while the PvP match rewards are not. You do not always come out with max points, but in a dungeon you are always rewarded a set value for completion. There is a give and take here for sure regarding the two and some may not view it as fair in comparison to one another. But we gave it some good thought and there were many supporting reasons to offset the cost differences as they have been listed.

You are still able to access the dungeons at an increased rate over the course of a day than prior to any when these changes were initiated, so lets not forget it wasn't too long ago that this was once a much more restrictive design and even though we've pulled it back a little from the 'once an hour' allowances, it is still much more accessible than it was when it was once a day.

#32 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

oh you mean that wonderful CRAP that is called exhaulted that you might as well npc? or the weapons in the cave that arent worth anything either? by the time you might get lucky and get a mount, you've spent most of the day in dungeons.

I was thinking mounts and refine stuff(lisent..and the scarabs you can get from disassembling unique weapons). ((Edit: You get valor + a chance of a good item... should be a longer wait)) But before you get your undies in a twist, I would also be for them changing up some of the rewards on the dungeons every once in a while. We're not out to get you, nor are we getting catered to. Whilst with the last update, you guys went to an hour..and we went to ??? and undefined amount of time because it only takes a few players to start a dungeon..where it takes 16-20 to start a game of cd...

And as far as dungeons go, I'm more likely to change characters to farm/ do dungeons...then change to pvp. I only play one pvp character but play many for the pvm side.

Edited by NamirBarades, 14 March 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#33 KatBuffs

KatBuffs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

It is not forgotten, but it is not a simple thing to address either. This will likely take more time and be updated down the line as it is able to be.

This is not a catering to PvP players only. We still have kept our design intent intact. We wanted to increase the number of times Dungeons could be accessed throughout a day as well as put a limiting factor to the PvP aspect of it, with considerations to the Premium Service we have.

While discussing the difference between the two, Dungeons have an immediate end result and rewards to them, that the PvP matches do not. To us, that gives them a higher end value upon completion, per instance, that is guaranteed as well, while the PvP match rewards are not. You do not always come out with max points, but in a dungeon you are always rewarded a set value for completion. There is a give and take here for sure regarding the two and some may not view it as fair in comparison to one another. But we gave it some good thought and there were many supporting reasons to offset the cost differences as they have been listed.

You are still able to access the dungeons at an increased rate over the course of a day than prior to any when these changes were initiated, so lets not forget it wasn't too long ago that this was once a much more restrictive design and even though we've pulled it back a little from the 'once an hour' allowances, it is still much more accessible than it was when it was once a day.

yeah once a day that was laughable for us pvm players, when pvp players could go cd all day long if they wanted.

perhaps you could make the "rewards" better for the dungeons then, since most of the things you get in there are junk anyway...

#34 KatBuffs

KatBuffs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

I was thinking mounts and refine stuff(lisent..and the scarabs you can get from disassembling unique weapons). ((Edit: You get valor + a chance of a good item... should be a longer wait)) But before you get your undies in a twist, I would also be for them changing up some of the rewards on the dungeons every once in a while. We're not out to get you, nor are we getting catered to. Whilst with the last update, you guys went to an hour..and we went to ??? and undefined amount of time because it only takes a few players to start a dungeon..where it takes 16-20 to start a game of cd...

And as far as dungeons go, I'm more likely to change characters to farm/ do dungeons...then change to pvp. I only play one pvp character but play many for the pvm side.

obviously the rose team cares more for what they give to pvpers. if not they would have already made a decent place for max levels to farm and given us decent drops instead of claws and other crap that falls. so sorry if my opinion on what i like to play bothers you.

#35 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Eventhough kat is going kinda mad, i do agree with the increased energy on the pvm aspect of ga, maybe we can get some fresh stuff in the dungeons? It doesnt have to be awesome or expensive, i dont dungeon to get rich. But something fresh would be nice. Me being a premium player, sure am tired of "hermes" "king ulverick medal" "jewel chest V" always showing up lol. :P

#36 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Nice... Yeah I understand it will be pesky, coding wise. :x. I was just stating my concern because it is not mentioned in the new client patch notes. Quite worried you forgot about that. :)

#37 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

obviously the rose team cares more for what they give to pvpers. if not they would have already made a decent place for max levels to farm and given us decent drops instead of claws and other crap that falls. so sorry if my opinion on what i like to play bothers you.

If you would like to play the 'they love one more than the other game'....I would like to note that in the past year.. We have gotten three PVM dungeons.. and up until the last few weeks we only have one pvp thing since the creation of the Game Arena. Now we have (edit) draconis peaks, which(I dont know if its changing after this patch) is premium account only. All the gear that has been added..weapon and such.. stuff with PVM bonuses.

And your opinion on what you like to play means nothing to me. I already established that I do both, but you seem to be ignoring that fact.

Edited by NamirBarades, 14 March 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#38 KatBuffs

KatBuffs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Eventhough kat is going kinda mad, i do agree with the increased energy on the pvm aspect of ga, maybe we can get some fresh stuff in the dungeons? It doesnt have to be awesome or expensive, i dont dungeon to get rich. But something fresh would be nice. Me being a premium player, sure am tired of "hermes" "king ulverick medal" "jewel chest V" always showing up lol. :P

lol why is it when a female has an opinion about something shes going mad :P

but yeah you are right, these king ulvericks medals you cant even sell for 500k cause the market is so flooded with them and rarely do i get lisents over and over again, its usually just junk

#39 KatBuffs

KatBuffs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

If you would like to play the 'they love one more than the other game'....I would like to note that in the past year.. We have gotten three PVM dungeons.. and up until the last few weeks we only have one pvp thing since the creation of the Game Arena. Now we have CD, which(I dont know if its changing after this patch) is premium account only. All the gear that has been added..weapon and such.. stuff with PVM bonuses.

And your opinion on what you like to play means nothing to me. I already established that I do both, but you seem to be ignoring that fact.

if my opinion means nothing to you then please dont comment on my posts :) and im not playing they love one more than the other game, im stating my opinion based on what i see with this update. :D

#40 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Sorry what was that? I'm still looking at kat's sig..

mmm dat ass

#41 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Sorry what was that? I'm still looking at kat's sig..

mmm dat ass

i think its time to leave your house. Lmfao.

#42 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

nice update :D but i still want some quest to do in game agenst pvm or npc's for honor point becose i do not do pvp, its not my thing :P just my cent

#43 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

but yeah you are right, these king ulvericks medals you cant even sell for 500k cause the market is so flooded with them and rarely do i get lisents over and over again, its usually just junk

You have proven my point for me. Ask yourself, why is the market so flooded with ulverick medals? Because you can do dungeons over and over again and keep getting the items. The more you get them the more their value goes down--the natural order of an economy..supply and demand---High supply..low demand = worthless product.

And you are ignoring the fact that you also get the valor points on top of a *chance* of a good item. Valor points can be used for PVM gear, materials, etc.. which, like honor points, translates eventually into Zuly.

if my opinion means nothing to you then please dont comment on my posts :) and im not playing they love one more than the other game, im stating my opinion based on what i see with this update. :D

You were just playing the they love one more than the other game.. I'm not sure what one they like better.

#44 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

i think its time to leave your house. Lmfao.

Oh yeah.. right. right.. Work. yeah.. dayuumm dat.. nvm.. a.. :x

Edited by claw68, 14 March 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#45 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

yeah once a day that was laughable for us pvm players, when pvp players could go cd all day long if they wanted.

perhaps you could make the "rewards" better for the dungeons then, since most of the things you get in there are junk anyway...

Feedback like this is good for us to hear. Being aware that the rewards aren't quite that rewarding certainly gives us a reason to want to take a look and see what could be done to make it more enjoyable, but still try to keep things fair for the effort spent. We don't want to make dungeon diving the only thing people do, but we certainly want to keep it unique and fun.

We care about all our players. But working to provide for one group or the other simultaneously is difficult because between the two groups they want very different things at times. PvP has become a larger part of ROSE than it was originally, and we've adjusted our attention to development accordingly because of it. But with many of our efforts and advancements, we very much keep non PvP content in mind as well.

Just because we haven't created the money tree farming zone for high level players, doesn't mean it was created for lower levels either. Some areas became discovered to yield higher rates of one item or another and because of that, become popular for farming. And its not impossible for us to tweak those areas either, depending on if too much of an item is yielding from it or not as well.

#46 BluePlasma

BluePlasma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCadada
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

You got a point, but it's still worst than las maintenance... And they say it's supposed to be better? xD

#47 KatBuffs

KatBuffs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

You have proven my point for me. Ask yourself, why is the market so flooded with ulverick medals? Because you can do dungeons over and over again and keep getting the items. The more you get them the more their value goes down--the natural order of an economy..supply and demand---High supply..low demand = worthless product.

And you are ignoring the fact that you also get the valor points on top of a *chance* of a good item. Valor points can be used for PVM gear, materials, etc.. which, like honor points, translates eventually into Zuly.

You were just playing the they love one more than the other game.. I'm not sure what one they like better.

all i see is a bunch of blah blah blah. i can voice my complaints, just as the pvpers did when they put the timer on the cd, its no difference. so please dont get your panties in twist over it :)

and thanks btw for your approval for the rose team to give better or different rewards rewards every now and then. all of us pvm players really appreciate that :P

Edited by KatBuffs, 14 March 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#48 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

any update on the server coming up? :)

#49 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Nice... Yeah I understand it will be pesky, coding wise. :x. I was just stating my concern because it is not mentioned in the new client patch notes. Quite worried you forgot about that. :)

No need to be worried, it is on upper listing of the "to do" list. :)

nice update :D but i still want some quest to do in game agenst pvm or npc's for honor point becose i do not do pvp, its not my thing :P just my cent

Quests take time to write. :) Give it some time and us a chance to work them out. :)

----

Now, now my children :D I would like this thread to stay positive. :) Please be mindful with one another, everyone is sharing their viewpoint and opinion in what they see as good or bad about the changes. And there are both good and bad, but the goal is that overall things are towards improvement.

I think what's being implemented is much kinder than the initial update created (took away) and this helps compliment the current state of game play along with our own reasons and intended designs behind the change to begin with. :) Compromise will rarely leave everyone totally happy, but that's why it is a compromise. It is an effort to meet each party's goals partially and to an acceptable rate.

#50 Morumasa

Morumasa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

why dont you give double points on pvp side? honor gears are 4b each set.... new people will never get to buy honor with those prices ._.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users