Are There lvl 100+ Eden Board Quests? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Are There lvl 100+ Eden Board Quests?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 chaletamale

chaletamale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

I know this is a newbie question, but I'm not seeing any questboards in Eden for 100+. I just job changed and getting job lvls is insanely slow when grinding mobs which is surprising since i just barely changed to third job. Was expecting to at least get the first 5-6 jobs pretty fast. I did notice though that quest exp gives me job levels really fast. So i was thinking that if there really arnt any post 99 quests, then im just going to keep suiciding myself to be able to repeat the lvl 99 quests till i get about job lvl 15-20 and then begin the deathgrind to 150 so that way, I'll at least have some good spells to level with T.T

Edited by chaletamale, 14 March 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#2 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

kRO has them, however iRO didn't implement them yet.

#3 chaletamale

chaletamale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

kRO has them, however iRO didn't implement them yet.

Thats pretty sad. Just mindless grinding for 50 levels then ey? T.T

Yea i think imma milk this 99 questboard for all its worth then.

#4 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Naw, iRO has eden gramps turn ins.

#5 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

The Eden quest is actually nice so you'll visit ice dungeon/thanatos/abyss etc. It just no english information for it AFAIK, making question is it worth or not...

#6 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

im just going to keep suiciding myself to be able to repeat the lvl 99 quests till i get about job lvl 15-20 and then begin the deathgrind to 150 so that way, I'll at least have some good spells to level with T.T

lol. You should just pop a BMx3 and TI all 16 of them + 2x gramps TI, should get you to level 18+ or so as vip. That would save you so much time.

#7 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

If you're going to use BMs (may as well include a job manual with the BMX3), don't do it until around Job 7 or 8, especially with the current VIP event if you have VIP.

Worth noting that killing yourself to do the turn-ins over and over isn't worth it, same with BM spam (although if you have the merit badges, Job Manuals might be nice). Get invited to a guild and ask to be taxed by 50%. Do turn-ins until you're at ~97% into Level 99, then stop playing for awhile. Reaccept every single turn-in some hours later, leave the guild/stop getting taxed, then finish the 16 turn-ins after you're level 100 and turn those in with a manual (Job Manual is easy to get, sadly BMX3s are pretty pricey).

Edited by MrTyranitar, 14 March 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#8 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

Well Job manuals are actually very expensive for the benefit it gives. Never use Job manuals alone, only together with bmx3.

1 Job manual = 7 EMB or 40 KP = 6m easily, might aswell get a HE BM.

#9 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Well Job manuals are actually very expensive for the benefit it gives. Never use Job manuals alone, only together with bmx3.

1 Job manual = 7 EMB or 40 KP = 6m easily, might aswell get a HE BM.

You get EMBs from turn-ins. Job manuals also only raise job EXP. If you're trying to do as many turn-ins as possible with the most benefit, it only makes sense to only use job manuals, because they actually help the cause. Doubling both forms of EXP (or tripling) just makes it where you do less turn-ins for the same result.

#10 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

1 Job Manual = 7 EMB, 8 EMB makes one Magic stone that's worth 7m, you may even say 8 EMB is worth more than that if obtained through OPB. A single HE BM only cost 6m and it gives not only twice as much JExp as job manual, but also twice the base exp. With HEBM or BMx3 you are actually spending less for more and skip the whole process "dying to stay 99", which is really silly in it self

Edited by Qani, 14 March 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#11 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

1 Job Manual = 7 EMB, 8 EMB makes one Magic stone that's worth 7m, you may even say 8 EMB is worth more than that if obtained through OPB. A single HE BM only cost 6m and it gives not only twice as much JExp as job manual, but also twice the base exp. With HEBM or BMx3 you are actually spending less for more and skip the whole process "dying to stay 99", which is really silly in it self

There is no difference if I do 20 turn-ins without a HE BM than if I did 10 with an HE BM active for all of them. No difference for base or EXP, it's just that the HE BM will cut down on time doing the turn-ins as a level 99.

Job manuals, though, will offer 50% more job EXP and ONLY job-exp. It will take as long to reach base 100 but you will end up getting more job experience than if you weren't using the job manuals.

#12 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

I suppose it is the way to go if you want to slow down your entire leveling process. But I bet there are people who enjoy leveling slowly. However that is obviously not the case with OP. He took the effort to make a thread on how to level faster, so I'm telling him how to level faster and cheaper.

There are so many factors you haven't included in that strategy of yours.
  • Time consuming to do several rounds of board quests. Time = Money, Money = more BM, more BM = Faster leveling, faster leveling makes high level character, who will farm more efficiently and in turn earn more money.
  • Higher level monsters give more exp. You need high base level to gain the optimal exp from high level monsters. This will be the case all the way til ~lv 135 where you would gain 140% exp from highest level monsters(pom spider etc.).
  • You can buy a BMx3 with the money that would be spent on just 3 job manuals. That's 200% bonus exp vs 50% bonus jexp on three seperate occasions. NOT WORTH IT.
If I were op, I'd save up as many quests as possible just get myself a BMx3, put all gramps TI into base and try to get baselv 105(wanderer lv120), which will make Mid TI worth farming. The Hugel Spotlight lacks farming potential from 100-110. TI is your best bet.

#13 Macromega40

Macromega40

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

The Hugel Spotlight lacks farming potential from 100-110. TI is your best bet.

Novus can be done until 105~110.

What i do as VIP is tun all the TIs from 99 to 100 into job only, so when I reach 101 I'm job lvl 15 or so.

#14 chaletamale

chaletamale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

You guys have offered some good suggestions. I might try just buying a bunch of job manuals with my badges (which i have plenty of) or HE manuals, and rushing that way. ive already hit 90% of lvl 99 like 5 times lol. Just been playing extremely carelessly because i really could care a less about dying at this point and also have my guild currently taxing me at 50% to slow down exp. I would rather have awesome skills to use early on for leveling (mainly to maintain my sanity), then still doing weak damage and being embarrassed as well as going mad at how slow the jobs are coming. Was pretty bad going into low ti and party expecting me to start arrow storming and i had to tell them i couldnt. Also bout to job change my lord knight and was looking at how deep into the tree ignition break was and wanted to cry. Kinda feels like gravity is forcing me to use dragons breath to do decent damage post 99 (which im not even statted for since im str/vit/dex) or to seriously keep using brandish/bb which doesnt do enough damage to high lvl mobs to level fast. I think of all the classes, rune knights got screwed the hardest. Its pretty ridiculous that they would put a leveling spell so deep into the tree.

Edited by chaletamale, 16 March 2013 - 03:36 AM.

#15 chaletamale

chaletamale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

A single HE BM only cost 6m and it gives not only twice as much JExp as job manual, but also twice the base exp.

All of the websites for rag say that HE bm only gives BASE exp. No mention about job exp anywhere. Same with the x3 manual. Are the sites wrong and they do give Job exp as well? Want to know before i invest the money on all these manuals that might not do what im looking for. Really could care less bout the base exp. Just want the job

#16 Anxe

Anxe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

Pretty sure they only give base exp...

#17 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

Pretty sure you are dead wrong. BM, HE BM and BMx3 increase the experience the user receive and not just base experience.
For reference

#18 chaletamale

chaletamale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Btw according to the update notes, there are supposed to be 100+ questboard quests implemented to Chaos sometime this month or next month

#19 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Btw according to the update notes, there are supposed to be 100+ questboard quests implemented to Chaos sometime this month or next month

Where'd you find this 0:?

#20 chaletamale

chaletamale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Where'd you find this 0:?

http://blog.gravityus.com/?p=3599

- We will be having high level Eden Group quests and Item updates within the first few months, these are relatively small content updates but it will help smooth out gear and leveling tiers.

#21 Anxe

Anxe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

Pretty sure you are dead wrong. BM, HE BM and BMx3 increase the experience the user receive and not just base experience.
For reference

i've been running BM's and HE BM's all week and didn't see any increase in job exp until i hit a job manual.

/shrug

#22 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

BMx3s always increased my job exp 0:

#23 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

lol gravity has a blog?

but yeah, BMX3 definitely increases job exp as well.

#24 Anxe

Anxe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

haven't run any BMx3 so i can't comment on them.

#25 Healingslave

Healingslave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Locationa land down under
  • Server:Valk

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

its only base experience im always on bmx3 i have to job manual as well if i want job experience

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users