Since everyone seems to rant here.... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Since everyone seems to rant here....

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

My RANT IS...... i hate some classes in low lvl TIs! :(! for example: the sin/sinx.... they could honestly be hiding and GT but they just sit there taking a spot that could potentially be used by another class that helped... ALSO smiths and bs... they go around looting when they could be cart revoing or somethig (idc if you are going green... do something! lol) thats about it, i mean i dont usually get other classes that dont do anything. well some ppl need to get yelled at... or lets called it need to get motivated!~ :p_smile: (btw this is supposed to be silly, no need to get mean or what not xD) PS: heres a cute emoticon i made on my ds a while ago, EMBRACE IT

Posted Image

#2 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

I love the cat and I do agree with you completely.

#3 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

Why should they have to take ten times longer to solo while using massive amounts of supplies just because someone deems them useless? Especially since a lot of the time they can actually be really useful.

#4 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

Why should they have to take ten times longer to solo while using massive amounts of supplies just because someone deems them useless? Especially since a lot of the time they can actually be really useful.

they could be like i said, but they decide not to

#5 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

they could be like i said, but they decide not to

Nevermind, I think I just misunderstood what you said. I thought you meant all Sins/Alchs/etc should solo because they can kill by themselves. :heh:

Honestly if there are ever any useless people in my parties, I kick them.

#6 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Not just in low TIs! Same kind of discrimination also in the other ranges. But standing around doing nothing or only looting can be said about any class not just the sins and blacksmiths!

#7 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

Not just in low TIs! Same kind of discrimination also in the other ranges. But standing around doing nothing or only looting can be said about any class not just the sins and blacksmiths!

yeah just other classes you see it more if they arent like wiz or priest, i mean if u arent getting heal you bring it up lol or if mobs arent dying

#8 MasterKnshn

MasterKnshn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Server:Old Loki

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

See if they contributed it would make sense, my own SinX has roughly 80-82 P.Dodge with eden buffs. I can pull quite easily, but most Sins i see in parties just stand around, break frozen mobs with Meteor Assault, get mobbed and die. I get it they may not have a lot of choices but in most cases if they just DID something to benefit the party it would be good.

For example grimtoothing WHILE the mobs are being frozen, so they continue to get hit would be wonderful...Same with Hunters/Snipers....SO MANY ARROW SHOWER THEM WHILE FROZEN, then they get killed and lead the mobs off the tanks,.

#9 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

If I catch anyone doing that in the higher TI and it's someone that is actually needed,(because usually I don't care about these kind of things),I would call them out and criticize aka making them feel like -_-,to the point that they leave the party themselves.That usually produces me some results and then everyone else in the party would pick up on their partying abilities and we would usually have a smooth ride after that.

#10 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Depends on the area, if its someplace with aggro mobs, no reason for the sinx to not be going op with the mobs and trying to wipe the party. If its some place with really passive monsters they need to get there stone throw game up and again. Mob, if theyre gonna be lazy just kick them. Dead weight is dead weight. Make it known to them at the beginning of the party or talk to the leader and make them get their balls up.

#11 MasterKnshn

MasterKnshn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Yeah I usually point out people who do nothing....Even been kicked for stating the truth, its all good.

#12 shpongled

shpongled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

^this. most classes provide very little use in low TI other then priest and wizard, but for some reasons blacksmiths get soooooooooooooo much hate/so little love. smith contributes what is hands down the best melee buff to the whole party and can tank/pull/do devistating melee damage to single targets. ive even seen well geared smiths solo TI. i can never get parties for my smith, so shes been stuck at lvl 96 for a month now. even just being in party is annoying. people constantly flipping the -_- out when i cast power thrust like its the end of the world (as if i dont carry 200 steel with me at all times to fix weapons). i try to explain to them that if their weapons breaks i can fix it, but its like talking to a wall. 'ERMERGERD ME WEHPUNZ GUN BRAKE! NO USE POWERTHRUSTT SMITH !!!!!1111ONEONEONE '

OP needs to get off his high horse and should be thankful he even has a dungeon to level in. everyone deserves a fair shot at getting to 99. hes going to be depending on those people later on when hes doing higher level TIs (such as sorcerers who are pretty useless as sages) and WoE (youll be thanking those blacksmiths when theyre sheltering you in protection with their mado buffs)

#13 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

^this. most classes provide very little use in low TI other then priest and wizard, but for some reasons blacksmiths get soooooooooooooo much hate/so little love. smith contributes what is hands down the best melee buff to the whole party and can tank/pull/do devistating melee damage to single targets. ive even seen well geared smiths solo TI. i can never get parties for my smith, so shes been stuck at lvl 96 for a month now. even just being in party is annoying. people constantly flipping the -_- out when i cast power thrust like its the end of the world (as if i dont carry 200 steel with me at all times to fix weapons). i try to explain to them that if their weapons breaks i can fix it, but its like talking to a wall. 'ERMERGERD ME WEHPUNZ GUN BRAKE! NO USE POWERTHRUSTT SMITH !!!!!1111ONEONEONE '

OP needs to get off his high horse and should be thankful he even has a dungeon to level in. everyone deserves a fair shot at getting to 99. hes going to be depending on those people later on when hes doing higher level TIs (such as sorcerers who are pretty useless as sages) and WoE (youll be thanking those blacksmiths when theyre sheltering you in protection with their mado buffs)

Again, my whole point was that they dont do anything when ppl can do something. im not saying the class itself is useless, just ppl dont do anything do help out party when they have skills that even if they help a little they dont do

Edit: L2R

Edited by sakurawings1, 23 March 2013 - 01:42 PM.

#14 MasterKnshn

MasterKnshn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

Obviously the OP meant you and only you, get out of your closed shell and realize the OP was only talking about the people who proceed to auto follow, or loot.

#15 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

As far as I understand, thread opener complains about classes being useless/lazy although they could help the party if they actually tried. It's less about a hate for specific classes and more about disliking the attitude of people playing their character.

#16 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

As far as I understand, thread opener complains about classes being useless/lazy although they could help the party if they actually tried. It's less about a hate for specific classes and more about disliking the attitude of people playing their character.

ty <3 :chomok01:

#17 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

So much hate....... to the OP......
Ill ninja u all and take the loot ...SHOW TIME ^.^

#18 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Lol backpack -greed-

#19 shpongled

shpongled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

the problem is that people like OP mistake people that are doing crap for damage or trying not to die to mobs or splash damage, with people that are afking/leeching/looting. i see this happen ALL the time. like seriously, ALL the time. people like sages do barely 2k-4k dmg aoes on mobs with 10k hp. they cant even get near the mobs or splash damage will kill them. same wiht alot of other classes as well. they cant even attack or mobs will move in on them and kill them.

in his mind hes right. and from his monitor it may even look like hes right. but the reality is that the majority of time its not always black and while. alot of classes become completely helpless in alot of low TI situations I.E. when large mobs attack group. id say majority of time, people arnt doing anything because they simply cant. when im on my wiz, im usually doing all the work and i actually find it annoying if an assassin or someone breaks the ice, because then the mobs attack ME. id rather people just stand there and do nothing then get me killed. especially when were gwinging. if they move to attack, they die. simple as that.

OP, dont let low ti get to you. people are just trying to survive. as a free account user, i can feel for those people. dying as a trans char has set me back so much its not even funny. each death is another hour of killing i have to do. so sometimes i just get frustrated and hide in middle of group not attacking anything trying to survive. sometimes its best just to let the AOE carry you.

also dont forget that priests can only single target heal in low ti. they cant always get to everyone in need and people get fed up with almost dying repeatedly or never getting those heals

Edited by shpongled, 24 March 2013 - 01:30 AM.

#20 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

like i said, something is always better than nothing :3 even if you do 400s could make a diff believe it or not

#21 shpongled

shpongled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

like i said, something is always better than nothing :3 even if you do 400s could make a diff believe it or not

and like i said, sometimes 'something' is enough to get you killed repeatedly. last night i spent most of ti just hiding behind the wizard because i was lvl 98 with 30% to go and i really just didnt want to die again. each death = 1 hour of grinding on a trans free account. wasnt down to have to keep starting over. sometimes on my sage ill try to help by throwing out an earth or lightning aoe and its not enough dmg to actually kill anything, but just enough damage to piss the mobs off and get them killing me lol.

im just trying to show you the other side of the argument here. some classes only have 3-4k hp in TI and cant always rely on pots to save them or a priest to heal them (sometimes the priest is just too overwhelmed or not good at their class)

#22 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

The least a Sage could do is help break the ice on monsters getting Frozen by a Wizard's SG. It helps kill a mob faster. Just wait for them to get Frozen before attacking them. They'll get Frozen immediately after you break the ice or get killed by the SG after getting the Frozen status broken enough. Teamwork prevents deaths. People standing there being afraid to die are not going to contribute to a party that needs to kill mobs of monsters. It's no different than leeching if you don't play smart. It's a learning process for everyone. Just get a party with the right classes and you should be all set, no matter what Turn In it is.

#23 Economicus

Economicus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 863 posts
  • LocationEutopia
  • Server:Matrix

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Yeah I usually point out people who do nothing....Even been kicked for stating the truth, its all good.

^
Yeah, My posts have been deleted and deemed as "OFF TOPIC" because the truth hurts, right?

Anyways... IDGAF anyways.

#24 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

When I leveled my Mechanic (my first main) I knew the stereotype going in that, mostly all they did was greed... so I tried to not be that one. I would do what I could to help the party in less pointless ways - tank, cart revo, etc. Hated just following and not even trying to help. When I switched to leveling my AB, I usually would lead parties and kick people doing that or kick people who couldn't listen to instructions (causing party wipes and etc).

I also used to tank on my alchemist in Low TIs when I was leveling her...but that's because I was in smaller parties with mainly friends.

Some people would use the excuse "my class can't do anything" "x class will do it all, they are better" and they usually got kicked. Level solo if you find yourself to be so useless in a party, that's all I have to say...

#25 shpongled

shpongled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

i blame gravity for pretty much forcing us into tis in the first place. also for making classes have so little survivability and weak useless damage. sages cant kill crap after lvl 85. their spells are so weak its laughable even with maxed out int and good gear. leveling a sage from 90-99 at a reasonable pace outside of TI is slow and annoying.

lets face it. all classes accept priest and wiz are useless for TI. a priest/wiz/bard combo could solo TI with gwings. majority of time everyone is just hugging the wiz cuz the wiz kills the mobs in 1 hit. youre really kidding yourself if you think youre playing a vital roll doing anything other then keeping the wizard alive so that he can 1 shot the mobs for you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users