• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 BillyJeans

BillyJeans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Solo leveling with it was actually practical, we can't all get the 500m for a big Xbow despite the bio4 patch coming out, and to be honest, these high TI's aren't exactly fun either if you're only ASing for about 43k. So how are we supposed to solo level, if at all now?

#2 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

If you want to solo, then you should go to a regular map as opposed to the turn in map, or get used to casting camo+AS+camo+AS.

#3 BillyJeans

BillyJeans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

If you want to solo, then you should go to a regular map as opposed to the turn in map, or get used to casting camo+AS+camo+AS.

seems a little tedious for sp, despite having 80 base int and a +9 RWH :p_sad:

#4 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

seems a little tedious for sp, despite having 80 base int and a +9 RWH :p_sad:

It is but it's the price you gotta pay for choosing to solo. If you want to take it easier on your SP then you should opt for party play, or invest in some SP pots.

#5 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

If you don't care about loots there is a faster way to solo.

#6 BillyJeans

BillyJeans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

If you don't care about loots there is a faster way to solo.

which is?

#7 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

TP+AS.

#8 BillyJeans

BillyJeans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

TP+AS.

the delay after casting and wasting fly wings doesn't make it worth it in my opinion. oh well time to vend for all eternity to save the 500m because the market wont be crashing any time soon

#9 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

TP+Antoniocardbecausefwingssux!
OR : You could make a party for bio4,kill the MvPs and get a shiny crossbow instead of spending money.

Edited by sb120495, 02 April 2013 - 07:11 PM.

#10 BillyJeans

BillyJeans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

TP+Antoniocardbecausefwingssux!

if anyone was even selling one, 9-12m blech. TBH i'd make 500m faster anyway, despite there being moronic botters that think farming 16 of one card is actually good for the economy

#11 jarviseatsbrains

jarviseatsbrains

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Honestly i rarely used camo leveling i found it much easier to burn flywings vs burning sp. I found that if you AS kill a mob flywing and then flywing again on the second flywing you have no delay on your cast. Thats how i leveled through mid TI's, for high TI's its honestly still awesome exp even in a party. I wouldnt bother wasting 400m on a xbow unless you wanna stay AS, which to me is completely boring but to each their own.

#12 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

TP+AS.

I've tried this method on my ranger. It works great when I solo leveling in mid-TI and other regular maps (nogg road, juperos). Gaining tones of exp pretty easily.
However, I realize that this method is not going so well, if you can't one-shot all the mobs in that certain map (Like angra mantis in previous high-TI). The mobs attack after you AS them and you got teleported before you even have the chance to kill them with another AS. I guess every method has its own down.

Edited by stygionyx, 02 April 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#13 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

Hmmm... Am I the only ranger who is not affected by this?

#14 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

Hmmm... Am I the only ranger who is not affected by this?

Read the previous posts?

#15 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

I did. I guess I'm glad alot of rangers can still play after this lol.

#16 shpongled

shpongled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

i just assumed everyone else AS flywing AS leveled as well...... wow

i find that when i need to 2 AS a mob, all you have to do is kite them for that couple seconds till AS is back up. i mean seriously, this is just a basic trick you learn playing archer classes in any RPG. i was only going to learn camo so that i could afk lol. also my ranger has enough vit that he can withstand the hits long enough if mobs close in. makes soloing mid TI pretty easy with witch hat combo

i mean seriously i dont see how people didnt think camo would ever get this nerf. it made no sense that you could stay invisible while attacking

#17 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

i just assumed everyone else AS flywing AS leveled as well...... wow

i find that when i need to 2 AS a mob, all you have to do is kite them for that couple seconds till AS is back up. i mean seriously, this is just a basic trick you learn playing archer classes in any RPG. i was only going to learn camo so that i could afk lol. also my ranger has enough vit that he can withstand the hits long enough if mobs close in. makes soloing mid TI pretty easy with witch hat combo

i mean seriously i dont see how people didnt think camo would ever get this nerf. it made no sense that you could stay invisible while attacking

The major disadvantage is that you won't get any loots.
Also SCs have invisibility which lets them attack.

#18 Exilog

Exilog

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

[Ranger] Camouflage now ends when the ranger uses any skill.
Posted Image Camouflage
Puts the user in a semi-cloaked status, meanwhile increasing ATK and CRIT, while reducing DEF.

For what is the bonus if you decloake after an attack ?

#19 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

The bonus applies to one normal attack or skill before removing invisibility.

#20 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

Camo has many uses for me. For one, I'd say I use it to cancel auto attacks when I PVP/woe then cast a skill instead of using hide. It varies. You can also set a trap(ankle snare/electric shocker) then camo+aimed bolt. I doubt anyone still does that :P. I also use that when I cast my initial attack and it makes it a bit harder for players to target you(for now) PVP/woe wise.

... Still waiting for that other fixed where you can't be targeted by single target skills while on camo.

Edited by Memoir, 03 April 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#21 SilX

SilX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

Camo wasn't nerfed, It was fixed. The "stay in camo ASing everything to level easily" was never intended. Why it took so long to fix then get over here, who knows. Rangers are still a top tier PvM class. It just requires a smidge more than being able to attack with no reprecussions

#22 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

Why do you all bother to play Ranger? Don't even understand. Camouflage being changed so that it cancels doesn't really affect much. Just re-camouflage. It takes one button and less than a second for it to work. Mobs shouldn't even be touching you.

#23 BillyJeans

BillyJeans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

The major disadvantage is that you won't get any loots.
Also SCs have invisibility which lets them attack.

and GX's gets a skill which stops demons and insects from detecting them >.>

#24 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

i just assumed everyone else AS flywing AS leveled as well...... wow i find that when i need to 2 AS a mob, all you have to do is kite them for that couple seconds till AS is back up. i mean seriously, this is just a basic trick you learn playing archer classes in any RPG. i was only going to learn camo so that i could afk lol. also my ranger has enough vit that he can withstand the hits long enough if mobs close in. makes soloing mid TI pretty easy with witch hat combo i mean seriously i dont see how people didnt think camo would ever get this nerf. it made no sense that you could stay invisible while attacking

I agree with your points, however it's not that easy to pull mob without getting any hit from mobs. In highly boosted spawn rate maps such as TI, there is always a chance that while you're pulling mob, a monster spawn out of nowhere next to you and hit you. Another problem is ranged monster, attacking you as soon as you cast AS (it's possible that you will get tele before you're able to AS them). Similar case with monster that can use ranged physical skill or magical skill attack (this will not get you tele but enough to cause movement delay for a moment and give mobs the chance to get closer to you during the delay). Some monsters are born to be a sprinter (wanderer. Alicel and aliot can even tele next to you), you must be fast enough to use warg ride and get the hell outta there. Lastly, the biggest problem of all iRO players, position lag. This is every puller's main problem and reason why they die. Can not be fixed by any ping lowering program (WTFast/lowerping).

I am not saying that TP+AS sucks or whatsoever. This method is so great for leveling (the best if I may say and I am currently using it as well), thanks for sb120495 brilliant idea. I just point out that like any other methods, this method is not certainly perfect in all situations.

Camo has many uses for me. For one, I'd say I use it to cancel auto attacks when I PVP/woe then cast a skill instead of using hide. It varies. You can also set a trap(ankle snare/electric shocker) then camo+aimed bolt. I doubt anyone still does that :P. I also use that when I cast my initial attack and it makes it a bit harder for players to target you(for now) PVP/woe wise. ... Still waiting for that other fixed where you can't be targeted by single target skills while on camo.

Yeah, the best thing about this camo "fix" is that players can no longer target ranger in camo.

#25 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

ranger trap build does good damage?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users