New Throw Kunai formula? - Page 4 - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New Throw Kunai formula?

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#76 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

:(..what a terrible nerf !! Ninja are no more a fun class..its like You're getting a Big glass full of chocolate milkshake except there's no chocolate milkshake..T___T

#77 Sesshoseki

Sesshoseki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

why waste all this time and money advertising a class that you're going to kill in the first place? they basically took us out of the magic game with the renewal patch. I mean I have other characters I could play with, but the ninja was something altogether special. it was a jack of all trades master of none. I should have known if they were going to do something this stupid when they actually showed that the next class was going to be able to go toe to toe with suras in that little animated advertisement for it. Hey char did they ever release a new formula for the skill or did they not?

Edited by Sesshoseki, 05 April 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#78 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

why should we let them kill the class that is the most fun... there isnt even a reason to nerf it... why do genes get a buff? why do their cart cannons get to be endowed now? they werent one of the best MVPers before? they didnt have good PVP/WoE skills before? why did they nerf Throw kunai and kunai explosion when the one skill that could have been nerfed without complaint from EVERYBODY (RT) is left alone... this wasnt a "balance" patch... this was the MURDER of a class...

#79 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Where do you get explosive kunai? Im testing on sakray

#80 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

you get them where you buy shuriken
heh they appear to have removed all the K/O items from teh shops... no wonder nobody complained during sakkray testing nobody COULD test it

Edited by Facekiller, 05 April 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#81 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Oh... this is awkward

#82 evilsagato

evilsagato

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationCabo San Lucas

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

TK, SP and KS is not the only one skills nerfed

have anyone try to use Pure Soul?

with my gear i just have 8k of hp
when monster hit me and i have low hp i used to use the pure soul
to get hp back and i get full heal in 5 - 6 seconds cos i get the 10% of my max hp (800 hp every second more or less)

now i used a full time pure soul and i dont get 10% of my max hp now heal like 70-80 hp per second

and yesterday before i used the mesmering i try the 3 skill to the same poring without any buff
and this was the dmg

throw kunai kunai explotion swirling petal
2300 12268 12160

then i used the mesmering and change my build to one with agi (my original build i dont use any agi)
and use the same skills to the sames kind of porings and i get this

throw kunai kunai explotion swirling petal
2300 3900 6600

i think "this dont work for me" so i use 5 reset stones and use my original build and guess what
i get the same dmg from about 2300, 3900, and 6600....

i try to do a turn in and i die 5 time in like 4 minutes, i can kill a single dragon alone, imagine a mob...

pleaseee return the ninja class to the same way they were before the patch

i waste my mesmering and reset stone for nothing?? also my vip that i bought for my oboro???

Edited by evilsagato, 05 April 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#83 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

as far as your Pure soul goes check to see if youre using level 1 or level 5...

#84 evilsagato

evilsagato

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationCabo San Lucas

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

ahh damn lol i reset and move to level 1 sorry

#85 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

why should we let them kill the class that is the most fun... there isnt even a reason to nerf it... why do genes get a buff? why do their cart cannons get to be endowed now? they werent one of the best MVPers before? they didnt have good PVP/WoE skills before? why did they nerf Throw kunai and kunai explosion when the one skill that could have been nerfed without complaint from EVERYBODY (RT) is left alone... this wasnt a "balance" patch... this was the MURDER of a class...

Sorry to point this out,but cart cannon was always endow-able.The only problem was it was bugged to miss ghosts 3/4.

#86 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

whats funny to me is Kunai explosion misses on ghosts too... but they felt the need to nerf it... where as cart cannon now can hit ghosts... so wtf is up with that?

#87 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

whats funny to me is Kunai explosion misses on ghosts too... but they felt the need to nerf it... where as cart cannon now can hit ghosts... so wtf is up with that?

Kunai explosion missing on ghosts is a bug. Cart Cannon had the same bug. The issue is that kRO has an extremely slow turnaround for fixing bugs that aren't "show-stoppers" so expect Kunai Explosion to get fixed in like 3 years.

#88 Xaress

Xaress

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

Nerf of KS ? How much is it nerfed ?

#89 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

not sure the exact amount that KS is nerfed since i only tested on sakkray... but even at level 150 i was only doing 25k damage...

#90 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

i wish they'd just take off kage/oboro's patches tbh.

#91 Xaress

Xaress

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

My 99 ninja makes around 25k ks dmg in pvp with 18.5k hp

#92 duomaxie

duomaxie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:57 AM

Okay, I know how frustrating this is, but I'm thinking that they "fixed" the throw kunai damage. I did some testing on some porings...and I know that my damage is very low, but here's the result.

So, with an earth kunai, (100% attack on porings ), I did an average of 1776 damage. With a wind kunai, ( 175% attack on porings), I did an average of 3100 damage. This totals to about 175% from my normal attack.

Before...I remember doing about 2000 damage with earth kunai on porings and about 10k damage with wind kunai. This totals to 500% damage. So is this broken? I think we can probably get a more clear picture if we get some formulas in.

It still sucks to be doing such low damage, since now I can't even lvl being the solo person that I am.

Regardless, back to what OP was saying, can someone find out the formula before and after all of this?

#93 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

not sure the exact amount that KS is nerfed since i only tested on sakkray... but even at level 150 i was only doing 25k damage...

KS testing before / after is pretty much impossible without establishing a control beforehand. Player reductions can vary and offensive weapons can vary as well. As well as current max HP. All these can easily make KS range anywhere from 1k-50k damage.You never know if your enemy was using a deviling or 80% reductions. Its just very hard to gauge now compared to before. But from what I've heard it feels lower than before.

#94 Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHampton,VA

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

I just came back to this game after taking a year off from it. Was all excited to test this new class out but then noticed TK was doing 3k-3.5k dmg to Dark Priests. I remember being able to one shot them. Now looking at this thread I kinda lose motivation to level my Ninja. Please fix the class.

#95 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

Please fix the class.

It's not broken.

Being able to one shot a level 90+ monster with a level 40 ninja was when it was broken.

Edited by Jaye, 11 April 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#96 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

It's not broken.

The fact that 99% of all K/O's are wielding magic weapons now would indicate that it is.

Either way it could be considered broken, the only difference is that the majority now doesn't even want to play the NEWEST CLASS INGAME.

With renewal in general classes are foced into one particular branch of the class or quit the class. How many trap Rangers you see lately? Not many, thats for sure.

Personally, I don't want to play some mediocre magic ninja that has an INSANE gear req just to do well. Not to be the best, but just to do decent enough to where you aren't the dead weight of the party.

Anyone else remember how versatile each branch of classes used to be? Now it's just lop sided cookie cutters everywhere because they have broken half of each character branch into complete uselessness with only their couple beloved classes intact.

#97 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

99% of people don't commit murder so our legal system must be broken if it doesn't allow things that are bad for society... right? Your logic train is missing a few stops, chief. Just because something is prohibitive or inefficient to do doesn't mean its broken. it means it's not meant to work that way (usually for valid reasons!)

Throw Kunai was overpowered++++++. If you don't think throw kunai's 2 SP instant cast applies element twice never misses insane damage mod wasn't overpowered when I could do over 20,000 damage with a level 31/15 ninja and my 90+ core classes like mastersmith couldn't even do that much damage with their transcendent damage skills, you have a few screws loose. It needed to be nerfed and it got nerfed. And if you relied heavily on throw kunai as an oboro you need to delete your ragnarok online account because it was superceded in every way by kunai explosion, and kunai explosion still does massive damage.

Edited by Jaye, 12 April 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#98 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

I think what was happening before the patch was that the element modifier was being applied multiple times (maybe as many as three times - one per hit?)...

#99 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

It was definitely applying the elemental mod twice; Like you'd do ~5,000 on an elder (neutral) with wind kunai, and then do ~20,000 on a water monster in Overlook.

Edited by Jaye, 12 April 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#100 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

instead of dividing 20k total dmg, it was doing that dmg three times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users