[Renewal]Bios Labs 4 and Skill Balance Patch Feedback - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Renewal]Bios Labs 4 and Skill Balance Patch Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

What is not working correctly? Please note that this only for the Skills and Biolabs update.

Currently Known Issue:
Missing NPC for the new Bio Labs 4 Quest - Currently testing

Stasis still affects users on the other side of Walls - Reported to Dev Team

#2 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

well you asked for it (ill be as nice as i can be about this)

Throw kunai damage is at a point where its more of a burden to carry kunai than its worth in damage... kunai weigh more than arrow and even cannon balls (the weighing more than a cannon ball doesnt even make logical sense)... there are only 5 elements available... the damage is NOTHING compared to the damage some other classes can EASILY put out... nerfing this skill is pointless since its the primary leveling skill for almost all ninja, its single target (unlike say cart cannon that got a elemental endowment buff), and it has a slight after cast delay, and a fairly short attack range...

Kunai Explosion AoE got totally snuck in on us... no mention was made to the aoe being reduced... as it is now monsters have to either be sitting still or directly on top of you for you to hit them... it has a cast delay, an after cast delay, doesnt hit ghost types... and now it has a ITTY BITTY AoE.. to top it off one of its main modifiers is Base level... so sure it does decent damage but unless the monsters is super slow moving or you have instant cast youre never going to hit anything with it...

these are the two main skills for leveling ninja and even Kunai Explosion work best when toggled with Swirling Petals... none of the ninja skills are game breaking or unbalanced in WoE or PVP (they arnt even comparable to 3rd classes with the exception of Rapid Throw, which IS OP)... Ninja have a very small selection of weapons and gears available to them... a very low HP mod... and half the skills they get are fairly useless if not entirely useless (in PVM at least)... so why give them such a severe nerf? Nothing about them got buffed... just nerfed... IN ADDITION to nerfing skills we STILL did not get the missing huuma (Snowflake, thunderstorm and Upgraded Huuma), the Raksasa[1] and Wolfs Armguard[1] STILL are not enchantable like they are supposed to be, the angel wing sprites STILL arnt fixed and we STILL dont have alt sprite colors, and one of our armors requires killing HOW many MVPs (only to get an armor that is STILL not as good as any 3rd class or even trans class armor)... and now when we use skills we stay in the final pose of the animation (cannot talk to NPCs while in this pose) .... so now what are ninja supposed to use to level? Magic? nope thats fairly slow casting and weak as well as only having 3 elements (mostly single targets)... Kunai? takes 500 kunai now to kill 100 monsters thats 1000 weight for 500 kunai (we dont get to have nice things like quivers to carry our stuff)... and thats not to mention all the various elements we may need to carry at a time (you need all 4 elements to get to the bottom of GH)... Melee? our low HP mod and limited weapons/gears wont get you very far... KS? Flip tatami? Shadow slash? be sensible...

so why exactly did Kunai damage get nerfed? a single target skill thats elemental dependent and has a fairly shortrange and a fairly large weight and a slight delay in aftercast vs a whole slew of other skills that have a wider range AoE and do alot more damage for alot less weight....

#3 ReshiramFlare

ReshiramFlare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Monsters in Overlook Water Dungeon have the wrong sprites. (Half of them look like watermelons!)

#4 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Creeper bow does not proc fiber lock from what I saw.

#5 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

http://forums.warppo...shield-reflect/

Apparently KC is still being reflected by Shield Reflect~

Edited by IsisThump, 04 April 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#6 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

well you asked for it (ill be as nice as i can be about this)

Throw kunai damage is at a point where its more of a burden to carry kunai than its worth in damage... kunai weigh more than arrow and even cannon balls (the weighing more than a cannon ball doesnt even make logical sense)... there are only 5 elements available... the damage is NOTHING compared to the damage some other classes can EASILY put out... nerfing this skill is pointless since its the primary leveling skill for almost all ninja, its single target (unlike say cart cannon that got a elemental endowment buff), and it has a slight after cast delay, and a fairly short attack range...

Kunai Explosion AoE got totally snuck in on us... no mention was made to the aoe being reduced... as it is now monsters have to either be sitting still or directly on top of you for you to hit them... it has a cast delay, an after cast delay, doesnt hit ghost types... and now it has a ITTY BITTY AoE.. to top it off one of its main modifiers is Base level... so sure it does decent damage but unless the monsters is super slow moving or you have instant cast youre never going to hit anything with it...

these are the two main skills for leveling ninja and even Kunai Explosion work best when toggled with Swirling Petals... none of the ninja skills are game breaking or unbalanced in WoE or PVP (they arnt even comparable to 3rd classes with the exception of Rapid Throw, which IS OP)... Ninja have a very small selection of weapons and gears available to them... a very low HP mod... and half the skills they get are fairly useless if not entirely useless (in PVM at least)... so why give them such a severe nerf? Nothing about them got buffed... just nerfed... IN ADDITION to nerfing skills we STILL did not get the missing huuma (Snowflake, thunderstorm and Upgraded Huuma), the Raksasa[1] and Wolfs Armguard[1] STILL are not enchantable like they are supposed to be, the angel wing sprites STILL arnt fixed and we STILL dont have alt sprite colors, and one of our armors requires killing HOW many MVPs (only to get an armor that is STILL not as good as any 3rd class or even trans class armor)... and now when we use skills we stay in the final pose of the animation (cannot talk to NPCs while in this pose) .... so now what are ninja supposed to use to level? Magic? nope thats fairly slow casting and weak as well as only having 3 elements (mostly single targets)... Kunai? takes 500 kunai now to kill 100 monsters thats 1000 weight for 500 kunai (we dont get to have nice things like quivers to carry our stuff)... and thats not to mention all the various elements we may need to carry at a time (you need all 4 elements to get to the bottom of GH)... Melee? our low HP mod and limited weapons/gears wont get you very far... KS? Flip tatami? Shadow slash? be sensible...

so why exactly did Kunai damage get nerfed? a single target skill thats elemental dependent and has a fairly shortrange and a fairly large weight and a slight delay in aftercast vs a whole slew of other skills that have a wider range AoE and do alot more damage for alot less weight....

Let's suppose every changes that are not on Oda's update list are not intended changes. Seems like there are lot of those...
BTW, there do exist one K/O skill that (at least I think) should get nerfed on PvP WoE which is rapid throw...

Edited by Yggdrasil13, 04 April 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#7 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

Stasis still affects users on the other side of Walls - Reported to Dev Team

Thanks... looking forward to this.

#8 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Let's suppose every changes that are not on Oda's update list are not intended changes. Seems like there are lot of those...
BTW, there do exist one K/O skill that (at least I think) should get nerfed on PvP WoE which is rapid throw...

i will totally give you RT needing a nerf... longer cast time, less damage, reducable damage, Much Higher SP cost, Smaller AoE, Split damage would all be acceptable nerfs

#9 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Only when used by SC..I don't see it's OP from K/O, they pretty much won't do anything like super novice if RT become useless..

#10 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Only when used by SC..I don't see it's OP from K/O, they pretty much won't do anything like super novice if RT become useless..

You might be true coz I only receive RT from SCs in PvP, which is VERY annoying lol

#11 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Shield Spell 3 effect is still breaking armors, even though it's not supposed to.

Is Thorn Wall supposed to have a knockback effect in WoE?

#12 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

Yes it seems like there were undue changes to Ninja. From what I've heard Throw Kunai, Kunai Explosion, and Killing Strike have been changed unannounced and unnecessarily.

#13 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Homunculus S changes with Eira and Dieter? Wasn't this patch supposed to FIX the WoE Exploits?

Also... yeah about those ninja changes, literally.

Is Kunai Explosion MEANT to have a 3x3 AOE now instead of the original intended 5x5 or is this new change actually intended?

#14 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Yes it seems like there were undue changes to Ninja. From what I've heard Throw Kunai, Kunai Explosion, and Killing Strike have been changed unannounced and unnecessarily.

wait KS got nerfed too? WTF!?!?!?!

#15 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

I've heard its working differently 100% NOT CONFIRMED

#16 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

DAMN YOU!!!YOU WENT AND DID IT!!! YOU WENT AND BLEW IT ALL UP!!! *falls to knees and pounds fists on the sand*

#17 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

I'd definitely test it first

Homunculus S changes with Eira and Dieter? Wasn't this patch supposed to FIX the WoE Exploits?

Also... yeah about those ninja changes, literally.

Is Kunai Explosion MEANT to have a 3x3 AOE now instead of the original intended 5x5 or is this new change actually intended?

I can't imagine why it would be intended as a 3x3... Thats even worse than the old rolling cutter, harder to mob too.

Edited by Scuba, 04 April 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#18 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

i shall do that now... results to come

tested.... KS damage does seem reduced by a bit... about 10k reduction in damage...

Edited by Facekiller, 04 April 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#19 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Shield Spell 3 effect is still breaking armors, even though it's not supposed to.

Is Thorn Wall supposed to have a knockback effect in WoE?

The knockback isn't that bad (I actually prefer the knockback), but allowing it to be cast near portals prevents players from going back the way they came.

#20 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Check the skill description of Kunai Explosion in-game. It got changed to a 3x3 AOE instead of what used to be a 5x5 AOE at max level...

#21 evilsagato

evilsagato

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationCabo San Lucas

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

what the heck happend to my oboro???

3 days ago i was so happy with my oboro, my KE was doing almost 30k of dmgs, and i was getting better equip to do more dmgs
my SP was doing 25k of dmg and i buy many things to get it better, my pure soul heals me 10% like the description said, and i just
use the 16th night to attack faster cos my buffs (ninja aura, mirror image) were fast enough to use them without it.

now.... the buff take a long time to activate, KE just do 3k, SP do 6k (full buffed) the pure soul heals less than like 70~80 hp per second
what happen??? i was sooo happy? i made me vip just to level my oboro, spend like 500 mill to get equips, cards, neuralizers, BMX3,
to have what i had and now.... i got a useless char...

please!!! is that a fix?? then leave it unfixed and gimme back what i have and made me soo happy

please tell me that was a mistake and you going to fix the fix!

please!!!

#22 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

Kagerou/Oboro has been nerfed way too much to the point of not even worth playing. I hope this is unintentional as well.

#23 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

what the heck happend to my oboro???

3 days ago i was so happy with my oboro, my KE was doing almost 30k of dmgs, and i was getting better equip to do more dmgs
my SP was doing 25k of dmg and i buy many things to get it better, my pure soul heals me 10% like the description said, and i just
use the 16th night to attack faster cos my buffs (ninja aura, mirror image) were fast enough to use them without it.

now.... the buff take a long time to activate, KE just do 3k, SP do 6k (full buffed) the pure soul heals less than like 70~80 hp per second
what happen??? i was sooo happy? i made me vip just to level my oboro, spend like 500 mill to get equips, cards, neuralizers, BMX3,
to have what i had and now.... i got a useless char...

please!!! is that a fix?? then leave it unfixed and gimme back what i have and made me soo happy

please tell me that was a mistake and you going to fix the fix!

please!!!

Wow man, thats such a drastic change. I know the feeling, I've been spending my share of zeny getting geared up to finally return to the game. Sad this patch seemed to break something so cool.

#24 miniheal

miniheal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Since this patch, there's been a bug where character sprites get stuck in their cast animation after casting of certain spells and sometimes get stuck in their flinch animation after being hit, resulting in an inability to cast certain spells to get out of the animation.

Examples that I've encountered so far include:
  • being flinched just before getting frozen results in an inability to gentle touch: cure yourself out;
  • you can't sit and stand, while pure soul buff is on -- to cancel the buff early, due to being stuck in casting animation;
  • unable to snap after getting flinched and being stuck in flinch animation;
  • casting genetic cart boost or acid bomb will make your character sprite stuck and unable to cast certain spells while 'stuck' -- also unable to sit while stuck
  • cicada skin shed cannot be recasted if you are hit and do not bounce back while wearing a Brynhild (ie. you're standing on the same cell)
In order to get out of the sprite animation being stuck, you have to move to a different cell D:

Edited by miniheal, 04 April 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#25 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Great, looks like this patch broke a little more than it should... time to take a few weeks to fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users