[Renewal]Bios Labs 4 and Skill Balance Patch Feedback - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Renewal]Bios Labs 4 and Skill Balance Patch Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

#51 SoulHero7

SoulHero7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

I thank you GM team for removing the 1 min entrance bug on ET, Amatsu Duengon and other areas.

Now could you please fix the cart sprite error mentioned above so my Genetic can use his cart again, unbreak Ninja class so that other playing styles can be plausible, and give us players all the tools possible to properly test things before this happens again?

#52 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

So what's the purpose of Sakray again when the players' testing abilities are extremely limited? Time to uninstall.

~Creza thinks the server should be renamed Suckray.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 06 April 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#53 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

for some reason my severe rainstorm doesnt seem to do adequate damage to actually kill anything and seems to have this weird really long cooldown. can you fix that please?

also i tried to play ninja but everytime i tried to job change, the npc kept saying 'trust me, you dont want to do that'. so i became anything else instead and it was better

#54 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

i had to give up on iRO... theyve disappointed me for the last time...but like all other burned players ill lurking around here hoping for the GMs to pull their heads out of their butts...

#55 Patches131

Patches131

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

i had to give up on iRO... theyve disappointed me for the last time...but like all other burned players ill lurking around here hoping for the GMs to pull their heads out of their butts...

I QUIT!!!! But I'll still be on. x_x LOOOOOL

#56 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

I QUIT!!!! But I'll still be on. x_x LOOOOOL

like many players we love the game but hate direction it has taken... we stick around the forums hoping for things to change for the better... but we dont log into the game...

#57 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Umm I'm not sure its intended but when I tested out Saturday Night Fever, it seems to be working the opposite of what was said.
Before when you used SNF, and it failed, you can keep trying to use till it works but now ----> You have a cooldown.
The patch note also said if the target (performer using) is not in frenzy state, the skill can be used again, but it seems although you can't use again. :swt:

Oh and charming wink still not working?o.O It dont even work on a poring QQ

#58 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Umm I'm not sure its intended but when I tested out Saturday Night Fever, it seems to be working the opposite of what was said.
Before when you used SNF, and it failed, you can keep trying to use till it works but now ----> You have a cooldown.
The patch note also said if the target (performer using) is not in frenzy state, the skill can be used again, but it seems although you can't use again. :swt:

Oh and charming wink still not working?o.O It dont even work on a poring QQ

dont worry send a ticket in and they will let you know its "working as intended"

#59 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

@Campitor, Question. Is it possible to remove certain part of patches from the server? or mess around with gpf/data.grf files? I know you guys can make certain changes to the system such as TI or duplicating maps for Turn in. Was just curious because many times you guys are waiting for kRo to give you guys certain gpf files to put them into the datas.grf but I was wondering if you guys could do patches of your own?

Edited by CharAznable, 07 April 2013 - 05:38 PM.

#60 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

might wanna PM Campitor... prolly get a response alot quicker since thing get buried on the weekends

#61 magiccircle

magiccircle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

Worst update in the history of RO. Full of unnecessary nerfs and incredibly poor monster AI for an endgame dungeon. One single Bios3 monster is 100x Harder than any mob of monsters in Bios4. The experience gain is mediocre for supposed 150+ monsters. Gypsies, Minstrel's and Stalkers are pretty much farm-able exp as they don't do ANYTHING. Shadow Chasers can STILL place manhole under you, STILL position bug with feint bomb and Shield Spell is STILL bugged. Even though these were supposedly fixed months ago.
THIS IS WHY PEOPLE ARE QUITTING! Poor endgame content, ridiculous nerfs, and the things that need to be fixed just remain broken and untouched. Not because of laggy WoE's or easy leveling. WoE's have been laggy since forever and leveling has ALWAYS been easy.
All the changes being made to RO are destroying it's 10 year reputation of being a good game. Instead of focusing on bad new content why don't you tell kRO to improve on the damn game mechanics instead.

#62 baO603

baO603

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

like many players we love the game but hate direction it has taken... we stick around the forums hoping for things to change for the better... but we dont log into the game...

No you dont .. you know too much too well about the game and that makes you a good player. I hope you keep playing the game. And do explore other characters, not just ninja. If you need zeny, just ask. Dont have much, but rather spend them on someone who knows head to tail on the game than a noob like me, hitting walls every corner.

#63 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

ive got 200mil+ zeny just kinda sitting around...i have dabbled around on other characters before and none of them held my attention for very long... ill play again when they give me a reason to play... meanwhile im shopping around for another game to play and hanging out with my old PS2 games

#64 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

I sure wish I was part of the iRO staff. Any job I have ever had, if I ever did this poorly would have BEEN fired ages ago. I could just come to work and take a nap with the rest of the guys.

There is absolutely ZERO reason to play the new Ninja class. Not only was this a failure addition to the game, it was essentially a subtraction from the game content as beforehand Ninjas were MUCH more appealing than they are now. Is there NOONE at iRO that would stand up and say "hey guys I just tested the ninja damage and it sucks, maybe we shouldn't put that part in." Nope! You would have done better to add a new color of novice that does 1 damage with all attacks.

FaceKiller, I feel your pain but you are wasting your time and energy on the crusade to save what bit of RO that you enjoyed. They don't want feedback on what classes they destroyed, just glitches and such as they have NO INTENTION of restoring ninjas to even a fraction of fun. The absolute CLOSEST you will ever come is for them to add some Kafra Shop Weapon that you have to +12 to even come close.

Companies like this create the cancer and then sell you the cure. I have seen the fruits of these snake oil salesmen for many years and gave up on it.

This is to all of the community, if you want results, if you want answers, if you want viable testing methods before implementation, if you want content that isn't just adding a new sprite to trick people into returning, you need to make your voices heard with all of your friends. If a company doesn't value your business you use your money to reinforce your views, spend it with those that value you as a customer. Encourage your friends to do the same and make a difference in the way they treat your business. Otherwise, you are doomed to keep forking over hundreds for a slap in the face.

#65 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

I personally have never seen the point of the culture towns and expanded job classes. All of the time and effort used to make those could've been utilized to fix bugs and improve the core job classes.

#66 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

even if they had never been added, what in all of Gravities history has shown that they WILL fix such things?

#67 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Time to learn some Korean!

#68 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

good luck actually getting through to anybody... ive actually tried numerous times...

#69 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Facekiller, could you actually post anything not negative about the game? every single post I have seen from you has been negative.

its turning into a massive spam of negativity allover the forums. it actually is bugging me that you are completely ruining the essence of a forum.

#70 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

So what's the purpose of Sakray again when the players' testing abilities are extremely limited? Time to uninstall.

~Creza thinks the server should be renamed Suckray.

Oh my gosh. This is so true. Sakray dont provide the gears enchants for us to test -_-.
Why in the world would you put god items when actually of someone on Chaos to get it is like 5% chance or lower?
-__-

#71 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

[Sorcerer] Killing Cloud damage is no longer reflected by Shield Reflect.nger reflected by Shield Reflect.

is not fixed

#72 Fayti

Fayti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

I'll try to be as nice as I can because you tried to make a decent post.

well you asked for it (ill be as nice as i can be about this)

Throw kunai damage is at a point where its more of a burden to carry kunai than its worth in damage... kunai weigh more than arrow and even cannon balls (the weighing more than a cannon ball doesnt even make logical sense)... there are only 5 elements available... the damage is NOTHING compared to the damage some other classes can EASILY put out... nerfing this skill is pointless since its the primary leveling skill for almost all ninja, its single target (unlike say cart cannon that got a elemental endowment buff), and it has a slight after cast delay, and a fairly short attack range...

Throw Kunai damage was normalized with the skill that it is to be not the broken skill it was. Throw Kunai was dealing 10k+ on a decently geared Ninja at level 80+ WITH NO STATS and Minimum investment into gear! Throw Kunai also has no requirement for dex it auto hits. With the advent of Left hand & Right hand, Ninja's can equip gear that make the damage from Throw Kunai obscene for a level 100 character with no stats.

The nerf needed to be there. My current ninja (level 73) Kills a harpy in two throws with only a weapon on for equipment. This is akin to an archer of comparable level and stats. Yes Double Strafe has nearly a screen wide range, however in order to get that range you have to spend skill points in Vultures eye. Throw kunai requires just prerequisites of 6 levels.

Keep in mind NINJA's are EXPANDED classes. Thus NINJA skills should be on par with 1st and 2nd class skills. Not 3rd class skills. Should you combo the 3rd class skills with ninja skills they should be powerful, just as Sura uses rising dragon to buff g-fist.

Kunai Explosion AoE got totally snuck in on us... no mention was made to the aoe being reduced... as it is now monsters have to either be sitting still or directly on top of you for you to hit them... it has a cast delay, an after cast delay, doesnt hit ghost types... and now it has a ITTY BITTY AoE.. to top it off one of its main modifiers is Base level... so sure it does decent damage but unless the monsters is super slow moving or you have instant cast youre never going to hit anything with it...

Sounds like the old rolling cutter AOE as well as being more powerful. This skill more then likely was never intended to be an AOE as large as it was. Especially given all of the descriptions have had conflicting details. Given it looks like a much stronger Judex now, I approve given if you have someone to mob for you it would be fantastic damage. However most of the Ninja skills are huge range's. This has a small splash just like the level 3 arm cannon damage of a Mechanic. Seems on par to me.

these are the two main skills for leveling ninja and even Kunai Explosion work best when toggled with Swirling Petals... none of the ninja skills are game breaking or unbalanced in WoE or PVP (they arnt even comparable to 3rd classes with the exception of Rapid Throw, which IS OP)... Ninja have a very small selection of weapons and gears available to them... a very low HP mod... and half the skills they get are fairly useless if not entirely useless (in PVM at least)... so why give them such a severe nerf? Nothing about them got buffed... just nerfed... IN ADDITION to nerfing skills we STILL did not get the missing huuma (Snowflake, thunderstorm and Upgraded Huuma), the Raksasa[1] and Wolfs Armguard[1] STILL are not enchantable like they are supposed to be, the angel wing sprites STILL arnt fixed and we STILL dont have alt sprite colors, and one of our armors requires killing HOW many MVPs (only to get an armor that is STILL not as good as any 3rd class or even trans class armor)... and now when we use skills we stay in the final pose of the animation (cannot talk to NPCs while in this pose) .... so now what are ninja supposed to use to level? Magic? nope thats fairly slow casting and weak as well as only having 3 elements (mostly single targets)... Kunai? takes 500 kunai now to kill 100 monsters thats 1000 weight for 500 kunai (we dont get to have nice things like quivers to carry our stuff)... and thats not to mention all the various elements we may need to carry at a time (you need all 4 elements to get to the bottom of GH)... Melee? our low HP mod and limited weapons/gears wont get you very far... KS? Flip tatami? Shadow slash? be sensible...

so why exactly did Kunai damage get nerfed? a single target skill thats elemental dependent and has a fairly shortrange and a fairly large weight and a slight delay in aftercast vs a whole slew of other skills that have a wider range AoE and do alot more damage for alot less weight....

Ninja's have some very powerful weapons available to them. They have nearly all of the daggers that are not limited to trans classes and they have some specialty daggers all their own. As for the armors, I'm not sure why you are complaining about this when Kagerou and Oberou can equip TWO weapons making the Wolf's armguard useless. Armor, why not use the already in game Ninja suit and Shinobi sash? There is also Odin’s blessing that has gear that combos wonderfully with many of the other skills of the ninja. The rest of your rant speaks to not understanding the game mechanics. Slow casting magic: Blaze shield spam with a mob is your answer. 1000 weight: Are you not getting strength to help with your damage on throw Kunai? What are you killing that requires you to kill more then 3 kuani per monster and why are you carrying other elements save for only the ones needed to kill the monsters on your target map? Melee is about the only Ninja tree that is bad. Killing stroke is insanely broken and does huge amounts of damage. More so when comboed with the dual weapons of a Kagerou/Oberou and and pure soul. With a ~ a 15 second cooldown you can take down any monster up to biolabs with the right build and gear.

You ask again why the damage was nerfed. Name a 1st or 2nd class skill before the Nerf that was better. Then name one after the Nerf?

#73 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

how many ninja do you have? what types? how much zeny? how long have you been playing ninja class? please inform me on exactly how i should build my ninja... id love to be able to MVP effectively again and you seem to have all the answers

#74 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

IMO if it levels to 150 it is no longer on par with 1st or 2nd class.

#75 Fayti

Fayti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

how many ninja do you have? what types? how much zeny? how long have you been playing ninja class? please inform me on exactly how i should build my ninja... id love to be able to MVP effectively again and you seem to have all the answers

Sarcasm befits a whiny troll.

I've had 3 Ninja's since they first came out pre-renewal and post renewal. I currently have a magic Ninja after I reset due to my dislike of the throwing skills. I used the throwing skills to level and found them to be entirely overpowered post renewal. For 10 sp I'm dealing more damage then a 3rd class skill and I have invested no stats; Name another skill that is that broken?

MVPing on a Ninja don't get your hopes up. Ninja's have never been good MVPers. If you want to MVP get a support party and figure it out yourself if you want to use a Ninja.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users