Soul Linkers, Need a little help - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Soul Linkers, Need a little help

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

So I wanted a Soul Linker for this link and that link and for helping lowbie friends out, and I wanted to level it fast and do a reset at 99/50 while we still have the reset NPC

Once it was leveled I planed to turn it into something with all the links that I wanted (haven't completely decided) and can survive being on follow mode on another client on my other monitor. And I suppose it doesn't need to be able to kill itself at that stage, that would just be a bonus

Now I made the stupid mistake of thinking that the Bolter Build in the Hugel Event would be the "best" way to quickly get to 71/xx but wow is bolting terrible now.

So I was thinking my only reset I get needs to be the "awesome tank" build I used to hear about all the time, I still have no idea what skill is it that you rushed to get that made soul linkers tanks to be honest, or how many skill points you get left over to put into links after you get whatever the tanking skill is, or even it you can still tank in Renewal.

All I really know about Soul Linkers is that you can use a Dagger of Counter to forgo Dex and save some stat points (but that isn't anything to do with the tanking :hmm: ?) , everything else is a complete mystery, feel free to treat your responses like you were talking to a first timer.

TLDR version: What skills /gear do I need on my SL to have my Sage/Friends on follow unattended. and what skill do I rush to with early Job Points

Edited by deanoreadman3, 04 April 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#2 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

For gear you need to stack as much SP regen as possible.
Moonie dagger also helps with a high orc shield or fiflir hat.
Add ROR or ROFL for maximum lols.
it is also preferable that your linker is immune to status effects (90sih base vit I think).

Link tanks need to be leeched preferably by something with an AoE, But if you start using mercs right from the start it's easier I think. You can tank in TIs if you have the gear and the skill to keep yourself alive.

Crit linkers can lvl themselves but lack the beast survivabillity of a link tank.
they sacrifice vitality and int for high agi and moderate str.

My linker is a tank.
I reset my linker yesterday and tanked for a TI party with this set up:
Posted Image

Only died once.
I did have 86 int before and 60ish dex and 20 luck.
The extra dex didn't really make a difference but my regen
is suffering with the lower int so I'll probably put it back to where it was.originally.

For skill this is what you get for a tanker as a TK kid
http://irowiki.org/~...?10wN3fkHNqn96k

This is what you get for crit build as a TK kid:
http://irowiki.org/~...?10wN3ffHUqn96k

What links you get really depends on you and your group of friendlies.

#3 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

Excellent post! So from what I understand, the only skill in the skill tree I *need* to pick up to make my Linker stay alive on follow with my sage or with a friend is Kaahi rank 1-7 depending on the difficulty of the area every 350 seconds?

and the way SP is kept up for this is Mid-High Int and then the High Orc Cards Reflected Damage makes Moonlight Dagger get SP back through the retaliation being classed as an attack?

Phew that seems less complex than I was worried about, I thought i'd have to cast Eska, Eswoo, Kaupe, Kaizel and Kaite to tank :P

Two other questions, If I needed to Re-Link a Sage and Another Character every time the level 5 links run out for hours on end without sitting and 86 INT would I run out of SP? And if so would Kaina be something to get to resolve this or is the extra 210 SP not going to help or matter?

If I don't need Kaina that seem to be job level 11 to be able to tank (1 Monk, 1 Priest, 1 Crusader 7 Kaahi) with 39 points then left over for links or if I do need Kaina that's still 32 points left over for Links, very cool.

Edited by deanoreadman3, 05 April 2013 - 03:44 AM.

#4 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

You do NOT want to put kaite on yourself in renewal lol.(It causes the target to take 4x damage from non magical attacks)

#5 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:45 AM

You do NOT want to put kaite on yourself in renewal lol.(It causes the target to take 4x damage from non magical attacks)

I'll be sure not to grab that one then :P As you didn't mention anything else does that mean I got all the rest right? :)

#6 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:49 AM

You pretty much just need kahii and reduction gears. The gear the above person listed is fine for autofollowing on most maps as long as you don't get super mobbed. Once The scholar/sage hits sorc though you can just kahii from a corning somewhere safe and the sorc can wipe out maps by itself and return when kahii runs low. Kaina isn't bad especially if you wear like sohee shoes since the bonus SP from kaina also gets affected by that +15% max sp.

#7 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

Awesome! I'll bolter as many levels as I can stand to do in my current build and then reset to something like this! I still have my jaw dropped from how many skill points you have left over from tanking, when compared to the insane skill point consumption to get a bolter up and running its almost like and entire world of difference. And all to be as good as a level 20 mage by level 70 I might add :P

Edited by deanoreadman3, 05 April 2013 - 03:53 AM.

#8 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

Honestly just for leveling I always go agi/str dagger of counter then reset to tank/support at 99 now but I have a super upgraded +12 dagger of counter with enchants and other fairly expensive gear.

Tanking for a party is a million times cheaper and easier.

#9 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

Excellent post! So from what I understand, the only skill in the skill tree I *need* to pick up to make my Linker stay alive on follow with my sage or with a friend is Kaahi rank 1-7 depending on the difficulty of the area every 350 seconds?
Most places you will not need to use any lvl of Kahii higher than 3. Unless you intend to WoE or Tank MVPs 3 is fine.

and the way SP is kept up for this is Mid-High Int and then the High Orc Cards Reflected Damage makes Moonlight Dagger get SP back through the retaliation being classed as an attack
The fiflir hat is better if you have one, that way you can equip a reduction shield and effectively use a lower level of Kaahi

Phew that seems less complex than I was worried about, I thought i'd have to cast Eska, Eswoo, Kaupe, Kaizel and Kaite to tank :P
Eswoo is pretty fun if you want to make room for it in your build. It make monster small and walk really slow for 6 seconds max and half the time on MVPs. If you intend to actuvely play your linker from time time Kaupe is awesome. Kaziel is fine at lvls 1-3

Two other questions, If I needed to Re-Link a Sage and Another Character every time the level 5 links run out for hours on end without sitting and 86 INT would I run out of SP? And if so would Kaina be something to get to resolve this or is the extra 210 SP not going to help or matter?
I have dragged my linker to some pretty ridiculous places. As long as monsters don't spam magic the linker should usually survive.The point of having an auto-following linker is to save time by not having to return to rebuff every 5 minutes or when there is no place safe to park it nearby. This works especially well with a scholar or sorc because you just refill the linkers SP. I also recommend putting a status inflicting armor on your linker to save it from getting over mobbed (pest is nice)

If I don't need Kaina that seem to be job level 11 to be able to tank (1 Monk, 1 Priest, 1 Crusader 7 Kaahi) with 39 points then left over for links or if I do need Kaina that's still 32 points left over for Links, very cool.
I don't have Kaina on this linkerI and I get along fine without it.

#10 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

Awesome! I'll bolter as many levels as I can stand to do in my current build and then reset to something like this! I still have my jaw dropped from how many skill points you have left over from tanking, when compared to the insane skill point consumption to get a bolter up and running its almost like and entire world of difference. And all to be as good as a level 20 mage by level 70 I might add :P

Yup Esma is now poop, I can't even i hit KO a petite on my Esma Linker and I used to rock ice titans back in the day on that thing.

#11 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

So how do you take care of magic attacks?
I now feel screwed cause I maxed Kaite last night T.T

#12 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

In pvm? Kaupe is fine.

Kaite will literally get you slaughered. It's an offensive skill in pvp/woe in renewal

#13 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

In pvm? Kaupe is fine.

Kaite will literally get you slaughered. It's an offensive skill in pvp/woe in renewal

No, in PvP/WoE, I made my linker for my guild so I could support in WoE, stocked up on a ton of tanky stuff....

So Kaite is useful... Just not in the way I thought...

I've seen your video and saw you tank hilariously... Is there not a way to tank magic like linkers do Melee?

#14 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

PvP magic tickles if you get yourself a woe set for your linker(50 mdef out of the box + insane reducs). Pretty sure in WoE setting I could tank 2 hibramed casters on me on the linker... it really isn't something you need to worry about.

#15 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

PvP magic tickles if you get yourself a woe set for your linker(50 mdef out of the box + insane reducs). Pretty sure in WoE setting I could tank 2 hibramed casters on me on the linker... it really isn't something you need to worry about.

lolk
so do i need the full WOE set? O.O

#16 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

It's 100% worth it. Absolutely. Make a fire and unfrozen armor?

#17 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

Back in the day, one could drop a wizzie line with unfrozen fire armor.

I'm still surprised that so many people don't know that kaite is cancer now.
I'm not sure if it was kROs idea of balance, but they effectively gave a class that is intended to be full support
a way to nuke people.

#18 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

So cool :3

Wait... how do you make fire unfrozen woe armor? O.O

#19 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

before you could reflect.

#20 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

So cool :3

Wait... how do you make fire unfrozen woe armor? O.O

100 mdef = Unfrozen
Pasana = Fire

#21 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

100 mdef = Unfrozen
Pasana = Fire

Doesn't work... stupid level difference. Tested thoroughly qq. Need an unfrozen and fire armor to swap

#22 eltorobumingo

eltorobumingo

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPasig City, Philippines
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

I use to like the Soul Linker class prior to Renewal :(

After Renewal, it seems that the Soul Linker class has lost their purpose in War of Emperium. So sad :(

#23 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Server:Chaos & Thor

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

I use to like the Soul Linker class prior to Renewal :(

After Renewal, it seems that the Soul Linker class has lost their purpose in War of Emperium. So sad :(

What do you mean? I've saved plenty of lives with Kaupe, and helped kill with Kaite. Rogue, bard/dancer and soul linker spirits are also appreciated, though it's too bad there's barely any people who main linkers in renewal WoE nowadays.

And well yea the big downside is you always need to be linked. Make an alt linker with max linker spirit and you have near 6 mins of being useful.

Edited by AvalonEir, 02 August 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#24 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

Is it hard to play linker in woe? I seriously wanna play an expanded in woe for fun and the only ones I've seen are linkers for some reason even though they're like 51 lvls lower than most..

#25 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Server:Chaos & Thor

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

Linkers are probably one of the hardest classes to play in WoE. People really hate it when you Kaite them and you end up getting ganged on :( I've Kaited people rushing to the emp room and they end up stopping to try and kill me, but then they die to the next physical damaging ally so GG.

If you're well-geared and don't forget to Kaupe yourself then you should be fine. Magic attacks barely hurt with the WoE set, it's just stuff that ignores reductions that will kill you majority of the time (Hell Plant, Warg Strike, stringed+kiel DB, etc). I wouldn't really advise maining a linker for WoE, but it's mostly the handicap of being much lower level than majority of WoE players that appeals to me to be honest, since it just feels more challenging. Just be sure to hide/speed pot/sprint/leap away from more threatening enemies. Targeting can suck too. You have to Kaupe each ally one by one but it gets hard to keep up with when enemy players use a ton of AoEs. You may also accidentally Kaite allies and that can cost you.

Anyway from my personal experience, I always keep getting recalled whenever I'm unlinked or when link is about to die, and then I have to run back past a hoard of invading players :/ what luck. Also I don't like asking my guild for FCPs but it's just really needed. Can't tell you how much I died from broken fire armor then DB. I'm somewhat new to WoE linker because I just came back to the game a month ago and have WoE'd with my linker 3 times. The only time I WoE'd with my linker other than those 3 times was back in pre-renewal =/ I'm still learning myself since it's much different now in renewal as opposed to pre-renewal, so if you're still interested in WoE linker you should ask more experienced players like Viri or milk tea. They're actually the only ones I can think of that main a linker in WoE. Good luck!

Edited by AvalonEir, 10 August 2013 - 09:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users