Will you be playing iRO2? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Will you be playing iRO2?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 SinWeasel

SinWeasel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO2 - Odin

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

I was just wondering if you are going to be playing iRO2 or not? If you like you can explain why you are or are not going to play.

As for me I will be playing it cant wait :no1:

I was going to do a poll for this but the HTML codes aren't working at lest I cant get them to work :sob:

#2 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

No. Not interested.

#3 PearI

PearI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Nope from me either. Aside from the completely different mechanics, I've had enough bad experience with how RO is handled to be investing time/effort/money on RO2.

#4 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Yes :)

#5 SergioSSA1LER

SergioSSA1LER

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Nope from me either. Aside from the completely different mechanics, I've had enough bad experience with how RO is handled to be investing time/effort/money on RO2.

This^

Also RO2 is a WoW Clone as far as I've seen, and I'm not interested in WoW with a RO costume.

#6 Teffa

Teffa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

I'm gonna try it out, that's for sure.

#7 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Probably not. But if I do play ro2, it would probably be when I'm bored and have nothing else better to do.

#8 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

nope... if warpportal cant manage the games they have already properly why waste my time/money/computer space on it... the botters are advertising their botting programs for RO2 on the warpportal FB page... so dont expect any bot control...

Edited by Facekiller, 11 April 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#9 MrBiggg

MrBiggg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Going to give it a shot.

If I can pick anything wrong with the game, if there are any parts left unfinished, if I feel the game was rushed to release just to get money... I will uninstall immediately.

There are hundreds of good games released each year. Why waste time on rubbish.

#10 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

No more enthusiastic than I was about renewal. There's nothing fun about relearning the game you spent years learning in the first place. Renewal would have been 100x better of a game if all they did was make it so when you rebirthed you could choose between trans classes and 3rd classes. It would have added the diversity, without adding the stupidity. I don't see how relearning RO2 would be any more fun than relearning Renewal.

#11 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

As for me I will be playing it cant wait :no1:

I say the same words and.. 1 week later uninstall complete! (Even today, I still wonder, how the hell im get to lv 50/37 (chef job), a game so boring and go that far, I was really bored that week.) :p_sick:

And...

really, Gravity cant do better job here in iRO, really i dont know what you expecting about RO 2, i mean outside the game itself (staff)... :p_swt:

#12 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

The approach they've taken with RO2 is already leagues ahead of how they're dealing with their current hosted games. It's obvious that this is really important for their future, so I can only imagine that most of their company resources are going into developing and supporting RO2. In all honesty, I'm sure I'm part of the minority on this one, but with the current game mechanics already as lame as Renewal is now and knowing that that's the future of RO1, I say good riddance RO1, hello RO2. Even if you want to call it a WoW clone, a Ragnarok-skinned WoW is still WAY better than Renewal. And now with WoE coming out in a couple days in kRO2, it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. If I had wanted to play WoW because of mechanics, I'd play WoW. But for me and many others, it's the nostalgia and aesthetic of RO2 that is attractive, the mechanics are a non-issue, as you still have several builds for each class and different roles you can choose to aim at.

On a side note: It looks like WoE is going to be multi-castle ownership attack/defend style just like RO1. Excite!

#13 iZap

iZap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

nope, nope, not interested.........well that's what I've always thought but I found myself registering and downloading the client today when I was free and bored :huh:

#14 SinWeasel

SinWeasel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV
  • Server:iRO2 - Odin

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

I say the same words and.. 1 week later uninstall complete! (Even today, I still wonder, how the hell im get to lv 50/37 (chef job), a game so boring and go that far, I was really bored that week.) :p_sick:

And...

really, Gravity cant do better job here in iRO, really i dont know what you expecting about RO 2, i mean outside the game itself (staff)... :p_swt:

I've played the one on the server we shale not name and I see the potential that it has I've played RO1 from the begining and it is allot like RO2 more than ppl realiz.Granted they could have done a better job with it then they did but I can see that they will make it better in time like they have with RO1. I can also see them messing it up too like they have been doing to RO1 lol.

Edited by SinWeasel, 11 April 2013 - 09:35 PM.

#15 BIuewind

BIuewind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:The Titanic

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Still waiting for the real RO sequel...

#16 TrevorSol

TrevorSol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

I have already tryout on SEA version of ro2, it was pretty good experience, and can't wait until come out on NA server..

#17 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:10 PM

On a side note: It looks like WoE is going to be multi-castle ownership attack/defend style just like RO1. Excite!

Actually reading the sneak preview on kRO2 website, the way they worded it hints that there will only be 1 castle available at the start. (may be expanded in the future?)

Similarities to RO1 WoE:

An emperium is located in the innermost chamber of the castle. Whichever guild breaks it will take ownership of the castle.

There are guardian NPCs located throughout the castle, attacking any hostile players.

Differences:

There are 3 strategic points in the castle. Attacking guilds can conquer these points to gain helpful buffs to aid in raiding the castle. Defending guilds may want to consider sending out few teams to defend these points.

Siege weaponry. Both attacking and defending guilds can utilize siege weaponry to gain advantage.

WoE on RO2 looks quite similar to Guildwars 2 siege.

#18 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

I'm actually genuinely interested in how WoE on RO2 would be like. If it ends up being a total failure, that'd probably make a dent in RO2 population (as well as kill my interest in the game).

Edited by zr0rieu, 11 April 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#19 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

RO2? (LMAO)

#20 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

Actually reading the sneak preview on kRO2 website, the way they worded it hints that there will only be 1 castle available at the start. (may be expanded in the future?)

Similarities to RO1 WoE:

An emperium is located in the innermost chamber of the castle. Whichever guild breaks it will take ownership of the castle.

There are guardian NPCs located throughout the castle, attacking any hostile players.

Differences:

There are 3 strategic points in the castle. Attacking guilds can conquer these points to gain helpful buffs to aid in raiding the castle. Defending guilds may want to consider sending out few teams to defend these points.

Siege weaponry. Both attacking and defending guilds can utilize siege weaponry to gain advantage.

WoE on RO2 looks quite similar to Guildwars 2 siege.

I'm not native Korean, so maybe I read that wrong with the Korean lack of plural articles and all.

#21 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

I'm going to try it first.

#22 Ryleigh

Ryleigh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

I'll give it a try. I like WoW, and I like cute things, so this seems right up my alley.

I mean, I'll probably get bored in less than a week, but at least I can say I tried. Or something.

#23 Aimai

Aimai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

No. Already played sea test server. boring.

#24 Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHampton,VA

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

if iRO2 was:

Then I'd give it a try.

#25 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

If My 4 year old Pc can handle it, sure i'll play. !! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users