EXCITEMENT! - Original RO -> RO2! - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

EXCITEMENT! - Original RO -> RO2!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Caiterz

Caiterz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

I've played RO since 2002-2003, and excited for RO2!

WHOS WITH ME > :D

Edited by Caiterz, 12 April 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#2 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Ill be playing it a bit, for sure.

#3 KDLizzy

KDLizzy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

can't wait to try it, kinda excited to see how much is still the same with the monsters and stuff

#4 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

To be honest I'm pretty skeptical about trying out RO2 in its current condition (no WoE yet). There are no where enough contents available on kRO2 (and iRO2) that'll really keep the players such as myself interested in the game.
I'll wait until April 26 (this is when WoE is implemented on kRO2) to see how WoE is like on RO2 before deciding on whether to play this game or not.

#5 Rezenar

Rezenar

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSomewhere here...
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

I'm just curious to see which class everybody's gonna go for. lol Just by the SEA forums alone, it looked like not a lot of people went for priest.

#6 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

I have WPE stored up in mass quantities for the launch of RO2. I'm ready! LOL! :)

#7 KDLizzy

KDLizzy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

I'm probably going to be playing this game mostly for nostalgia's sake, idk how bored i'll get of it to switch back to RO, though

#8 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

If you go into RO2 expecting or hoping to see RO1 in 3D, you're probably going to be disappointed. Aside from reusing some monsters and imagining the future of the world from the Ragnarok manwha, there isn't much relation. Most disappointing is the lack of variation in gameplay due to equipment/card choices.

What RO2 -is- is a fairly generic MMORPG. I suppose when people label it as a WoW-clone, it's justified, but I don't think that's a bad thing. "Clones" are made because a model works. "Imitation is the sincerest [form] of flattery."
I've played many such clones, and I like RO2 better than most of them. The grind is very light, I don't feel forced to compete with everyone else on the server with daily events just to keep up, and I don't have to be locked into the game for 6+ hours to get something done. It's a pretty, simple, and functional game that suits a casual player like me.

RO1 and RO2 are completely different flavors.

#9 Zuumaru

Zuumaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

It's been several years since I played RO. I'm hoping to revisit this for a little nostalgia.

#10 Tilmandra

Tilmandra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Also played RO1 since it started (alpha version actually) and been waiting for a long time for RO2 to come out, managed to get to play abit sea RO2 and i enjoyed it alot, takes me back to when i played RO1 hardcore..

This is absolutley going to be my MMO of the year! :)

Looking forward to see you all ingame!

#11 ZephyrTempest

ZephyrTempest

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Really interested in RO2 as a 7 year player of the original starting in 2003. Best MMO I've ever played to be honest, just going to miss being a career/main Alchemist with an Assassin for hunting and a Wizard for dungeon parties. The feels, oh the feels!!

I know this game won't quite live up to the original RO, but I'm older now and so is the genre. It'll be fun no doubt! Hope to make some friends and meet some competition. WoE was a big deal for me, loved playing on my Creator and using plants and unique builds to raise a little hell in those castles :heh:

See you all in iRO2!

#12 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

To be honest I'm pretty skeptical about trying out RO2 in its current condition (no WoE yet). There are no where enough contents available on kRO2 (and iRO2) that'll really keep the players such as myself interested in the game.
I'll wait until April 26 (this is when WoE is implemented on kRO2) to see how WoE is like on RO2 before deciding on whether to play this game or not.

Thank you for telling us, I wanna check that... But I don't think my computer can survived a WOE LOL I'm lazy to update my desktop.

Edit: spanish word sneak in there

Edited by Kiryu, 12 April 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#13 Moonlepsy

Moonlepsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Hmm, let's see what happens.

#14 TrevorSol

TrevorSol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

I'd also played ro 1 back 2003, can't wait for game already..

#15 Sunraiser

Sunraiser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Server::LOtS - Odin

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

I helped Beta-test RO2's SEA release, and yes. It' a fairly generic MMORPG, but I wouldn't say it's a WoW clone by any means. Everyone compares things to WoW these days, it's sad. WoW was not the first MMO on the web contrary to popular belief, and it's by no means the best, either. People tend to forget that EverQuest came long before and hardly gets the credit or recognition it deserves. (Granted yes, compared to MMO's these days, the graphics are terrible, but the game engine itself was amazing for it's time and was certainly the best of it's kind. The game itself has amazing potential, but I don't think Sony wants to expend the resources, time, or money to update/upgrade or improve it.)

Anyway, not gonna go on a WoW rant. : ) All in all, RO2 was worth playing, even without the WoE aspect implemented yet. I'm not a huge PvPer. I have slow reflexes which make me dreadful at it, and people get WAY too cutthroat/competitive. They tend to forget that they're playing a GAME. PvP "elitists" get WAY too serious and hardcore and it takes the fun out of it when a game is too PvP-friendly or reliant on PvP as a main source of entertainment and play value. RO2 is NOT that type of game, and for that I'm extremely glad. I'm also very please that the game isn't party-reliant either. I myself tend to prefer soloing. When games force you to party up to 'raid' or run dungeon instances in order to advance, it takes the fun out of it as well. I want to be able to have a choice, and I like hunting by myself for the most part. RO2 gives you that option of being able to max out even by soloing by yourself and it's a wonderful feature. I am SO looking forward to this release, and seeing you all in game!

#16 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

I helped Beta-test RO2's SEA release, and yes. It' a fairly generic MMORPG, but I wouldn't say it's a WoW clone by any means. Everyone compares things to WoW these days, it's sad. WoW was not the first MMO on the web contrary to popular belief, and it's by no means the best, either. People tend to forget that EverQuest came long before and hardly gets the credit or recognition it deserves. (Granted yes, compared to MMO's these days, the graphics are terrible, but the game engine itself was amazing for it's time and was certainly the best of it's kind. The game itself has amazing potential, but I don't think Sony wants to expend the resources, time, or money to update/upgrade or improve it.)

Anyway, not gonna go on a WoW rant. : ) All in all, RO2 was worth playing, even without the WoE aspect implemented yet. I'm not a huge PvPer. I have slow reflexes which make me dreadful at it, and people get WAY too cutthroat/competitive. They tend to forget that they're playing a GAME. PvP "elitists" get WAY too serious and hardcore and it takes the fun out of it when a game is too PvP-friendly or reliant on PvP as a main source of entertainment and play value. RO2 is NOT that type of game, and for that I'm extremely glad. I'm also very please that the game isn't party-reliant either. I myself tend to prefer soloing. When games force you to party up to 'raid' or run dungeon instances in order to advance, it takes the fun out of it as well. I want to be able to have a choice, and I like hunting by myself for the most part. RO2 gives you that option of being able to max out even by soloing by yourself and it's a wonderful feature. I am SO looking forward to this release, and seeing you all in game!

THIS. This post has all my feels.

Btw, WoE for RO2 is in the same style as RO1, except with strategic points like in WoE2.0 and of course, in 3D. Anyone who is in a guild can warp to the castle maps by talking to an NPC. So sadly the castles aren't a open world feature, but you still have access to check them out at any time. Oh, and there are special rewards for owning the castles and a special hidden dungeon in each!

Check out tangos' video! http://m.youtube.com...h?v=vwFCQd5bBnk

#17 Manaka11

Manaka11

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

spam, flooded, flames, whatever it takes, make sure the users reached 2 millions.

only like 20 soul interested in this new coming game....how sad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users