Will this be Region Locked? - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Will this be Region Locked?

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#26 iamDNL

iamDNL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

Still, SAVE ME... :(
Praying... that.. country... won't be... blocked...

Edited by iamDNL, 12 April 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#27 gicko

gicko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal- Chaos

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

^ Well im with you brotha, Im praying also that my country will not be included in IP block. RO2SEA already blocked our IP(philippines) along with indonesia and the news is a company with bad reputation (wont name it) will provide service in hosting Ro2PH which made me more sad :( PLEASE give us a chance to play iRO2 and i dont want to spend cash on a server with sh*tty services... I hope GM will clarify this if INA, PH are included in ip blockk

Edited by gicko, 13 April 2013 - 12:05 AM.

#28 JinTran

JinTran

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

Just because its "i"RO2 doesn't mean all country can play. Shall i give you an example?

SRO2 - SEA RO2 just because they are SEA doesn't mean everyone on asian side will be able to play it. PH player made a stupid riot over that. Now the stupidity is coming here. Like those radiation fish that swam from japan to NA. Plus half the time i wonder why you guys even ask if your blocked the probability of block countries using VPN is about 99.99%. So why ask if your just gonna use VPN even knowing you will be blocked?

and Like the SEA Website and SEA Facebook. The thing is about the people that are blocked, you guys never read the announcement like never. a server will go down for maint when the GM has stated there will be an emergency maint, you guys flood the facebook with blah this blah that why i cant connect to server. >.>

so not to sound like a total dbag but i really hope this NA server are for NA/EU players only or whatever they have stated it was going to be. but hey that not gonna stop you.. just use VPN you guys did it for seaRO2 why stop there you mine aswell use it on here, just dont cry when WP locks your game account because technically your blocked.

#29 gicko

gicko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

C'mon. Dont be harsh on us and dont judge the whole country by some stupid people comments, riots or whatsoever. I just want to play a better server and i bet you want too? You say ro2sea? Well at first we are included in their server before and we can play in CBT and even includes PH at their cash shop list. Then at the last day before the OBT launch they block several countries and made many players upset and angry. Thats why many people rage on their FB, not only PH players cuz of their -_-ty decision. Now RO2sea is dying and hell why should i put my time there? :wah:
And if WP will block our country, i guess i could do nothin and shouldn't bother playing with even with those tools like VPN, WTfast etc. And whats the stupid thing about asking nicely? Stop being a jerk

Edited by gicko, 13 April 2013 - 12:27 AM.

#30 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Best thing to do is wait until one of the new iRO2 community manager provides an official answer.

Edited by zr0rieu, 12 April 2013 - 11:58 PM.

#31 GotBetter

GotBetter

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

We want to play. iRO2 that's all.

GO ph players ^_^

#32 GotBetter

GotBetter

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

Gicko don't waste your time arguing to those people.

#33 tekkenshu7

tekkenshu7

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

Well it will obviously be a bummer if Warp Portal RO2 will only be for NA and Europe.
I honestly think naming RO2 SEA ridiculous because the large remainder of south east asia cannot play it - I actually quit playing it (had to use VPN) due to it kind of becoming "bland" in my own preference mid-game; quitted after I got to upgrade to a Monk.
I hope that Warp Portal would offer a true iRO2 like iRO, because that is the true essence of MMORPG - I honestly think dividing it into regions defeats the purpose of setting up an MMORPG (Guild Wars franchise - esp. GW2 didn't have any problem with regions and stuff so why can't an equally legendary franchise like Ragnarok do it as well?). The worst case scenario for all these "region division" might be the birth of RO2 Private servers that might eat up the existing RO2 gamer demography and take away potential profit from those who were willing to pay thru the micro-transactions.

Anyway, it won't be my call - hope WP sees that that the large amount of LIKES and SHARES in their Facebook/Twitter page were from those who are hoping to join their upcoming RO2 community.
To those apprehensive to the idea of RO2 becoming international, please don't be so harsh and go around acting like a jerk. We just want to play the game for the sake of nostalgia - it's not like we're here to take over your day job or anything. lol

#34 Remuss

Remuss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

In my honest opinion if it was me i would welcome the people unable to play the SEARO2 becauselet be honest that one isnt good xD They just wanna play a better server, so i support there being no IP Ban for you guys :)

Edited by Remuss, 13 April 2013 - 06:28 AM.

#35 Tsujiko

Tsujiko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:waiting for Ro2 launch

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

In my honest opinion if it was me i would welcome the people unable to play the SEARO2 becauselet be honest that one isnt good xD They just wanna play a better server, so i support there being no IP Ban for you guys :)

Me, too ^-^

I live in the serviced region, but I feel sorry for everyone not (if they do have an IP ban)
and the more the better, or not? ^-^ so, I hope no IP-ban :)

#36 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:38 AM

I'm not expert and I don't know much about this kind of thing but......... I really do not think Wapportal has control over who they can allow or not. I think they have to abide by the rules that gravity gave them when they purchased the rights to host the game in NA. As it was for the SEA version gravity told them they can only allow certain countries. Ones that already have a RO2 purchased for there area are blocked by others.

#37 mitxgg

mitxgg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationUnknown
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

Oh believe me you Warp Portal has every power and right to control who they allow into their servers. They just have to voice their opinion and reasons to Gravity. Who doesn't wanna profit if there are ton of people wanting to play this game? They would be shooting their own foot if they were to IP block regions. And just look at Asiasoft managing seaRO2, its utterly crap. I wouldn't be surprise if majority of seaRO2 players migrate here.

#38 Kajing

Kajing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

This was from facebook which they reply to someone...

Posted Image

Thank you very much! Couldn't find it...
Since they're saying AmericaS, I'm fine :D
Again, thanks!

#39 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

what about Canadians *sobs*

#40 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

what about Canadians *sobs*

Americas

#41 Kajing

Kajing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

Americas

lol

#42 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

What's funny is that I don't think even the FB staff knows for sure, as they've been flip-flopping in those answers for the past months.

Care to post the flip-flopping? Any time I've seen them post they've re-iterated that iRO2 is for the Americas and EU only.

#43 DHeartz

DHeartz

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 Viney

Viney

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

I guess a new thread specifying the countries that will NOT be able to play should be made and stickied, right?

It'd prevent a lot of confusion later on. I know another game with the proper name of the game in its Facebook info, and people from the other version (that are IP blocked from it) constantly post in it and think its their own.

The nice thing is that our EU brothers and sisters can play, even though they have a EU site for their version which will apparently come at SOME point in time. Still.. I'll enjoy having the nice EU people in here. Hopefully we can all get along and enjoy ourselves! Same with our South American brothers and sisters. ;)

#45 Sunraiser

Sunraiser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Server::LOtS - Odin

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

I guess a new thread specifying the countries that will NOT be able to play should be made and stickied, right?

I don't mean to come off as cynical.....ok, wall maybe I do just a little: Do you honestly think people would read it even if there was?

We'd STILL get inundated with 'OMG, omg, GM pls....gm PLS y i cant connect?' messages. It can't be helped. 75% of the 'players' who flood into new releases of games like this are either a)too lazy, or B) INCAPABLE of basic reading and comprehension skills. ; ) All I can say is, good luck, and don't drive yourself whacko trying to respond to every 'OMG, GM PLS' message. ♥ :heh:

#46 Viney

Viney

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

I don't mean to come off as cynical.....ok, wall maybe I do just a little: Do you honestly think people would read it even if there was?

We'd STILL get inundated with 'OMG, omg, GM pls....gm PLS y i cant connect?' messages. It can't be helped. 75% of the 'players' who flood into new releases of games like this are either a)too lazy, or B) INCAPABLE of basic reading and comprehension skills. ; ) All I can say is, good luck, and don't drive yourself whacko trying to respond to every 'OMG, GM PLS' message. ♥ :heh:

Do you seriously think everyone is dumb enough to ignore the post? Nope.. It's better to have something than nothing. The game I mentioned doesn't openly have a topic available specifying that there was an IP block, and everyone got confused and tried to play it. Games and hosts that mention the IP block openly see way less people getting confused.

I'm just trying to say that having a topic like this is better than not having one. Plenty of people will ask, and you can direct them to the topic. ;-)

#47 Sunraiser

Sunraiser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Server::LOtS - Odin

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

IP block, and everyone got confused and tried to play it. Games and hosts that mention the IP block openly see way less people getting confused.

Not necessarily true at all. SEA RO2 is a perfect example of this. The one thing Asiasoft/Playpark did right, is that they made PLENTIFUL announcements before the Open Beta even began that they were only able to provide service to 4 countries. Not only did they get flamed up the wazoo for this, but the facebook page and forums were quite literally OVERFLOODED with the same nonsense day after day. People begging to know why they couldn't connect, when there was a post DIRECTLY above them in the announcements section that the game was IPlocked and provided only to the 4 countries mentioned in their contract.

My point is: No. I don't think EVERYONE is stupid. Not at all. But I DO think that people have a tendency to ignore what's right in front of their faces even if it the information is clear, and readily available. It's so easy to ask a question that's been asked 6,478,956,439,569 times before you....but when it comes to taking two seconds to browse for the information? Heaven forbid. : O

Regardless, I'm sure that they'll provide such a forum or announcement anyway. Companies typically do. :heh:

#48 gicko

gicko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

I agree with viney. It would be helpful if WP will clarify those specific countries not those region/continent who will be blocked. Asiasoft made stupid errors that misinterpret alot of players... Well I just have to move on if my country is listed in the IP block. :p_sad:

#49 Remuss

Remuss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

I think WarpPortal will most likely plan on releaseing which place are IP Ban after the beta is finished.

#50 Viney

Viney

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Not necessarily true at all. SEA RO2 is a perfect example of this. The one thing Asiasoft/Playpark did right, is that they made PLENTIFUL announcements before the Open Beta even began that they were only able to provide service to 4 countries. Not only did they get flamed up the wazoo for this, but the facebook page and forums were quite literally OVERFLOODED with the same nonsense day after day. People begging to know why they couldn't connect, when there was a post DIRECTLY above them in the announcements section that the game was IPlocked and provided only to the 4 countries mentioned in their contract.

My point is: No. I don't think EVERYONE is stupid. Not at all. But I DO think that people have a tendency to ignore what's right in front of their faces even if it the information is clear, and readily available. It's so easy to ask a question that's been asked 6,478,956,439,569 times before you....but when it comes to taking two seconds to browse for the information? Heaven forbid. : O

Regardless, I'm sure that they'll provide such a forum or announcement anyway. Companies typically do. :heh:

They didn't mention ANY IP block until Open Beta started. How do you think most people would feel? At least WarpPortal is announcing it prior to CB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users