Will this be Region Locked? - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Will this be Region Locked?

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#51 Sunraiser

Sunraiser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server::LOtS - Odin

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

They didn't mention ANY IP block until Open Beta started. How do you think most people would feel? At least WarpPortal is announcing it prior to CB.

Actually, they did. The announced the 'disappointing news' DAYS before the OB was released.

#52 Viney

Viney

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Actually, they did. The announced the 'disappointing news' DAYS before the OB was released.

Either way.. How do you think people would feel if they played through an entire Closed Beta without them even knowing they wouldn't be able to play after? The point is that the information was not made available until the last minute, and that's why people didn't know and kept spamming about it. The majority of posts about the IP block were complaining that they didn't tell people until the last minute. A day before OB just doesn't cut it for delivering news like that.

Edited by Viney, 13 April 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#53 Remuss

Remuss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Either way.. How do you think people would feel if they played through an entire Closed Beta without them even knowing they wouldn't be able to play after? The point is that the information was not made available until the last minute, and that's why people didn't know and kept spamming about it. The majority of posts about the IP block were complaining that they didn't tell people until the last minute. A day before OB just doesn't cut it for delivering news like that.

Honestly when you think about there is a SEA server, i can bet that most people in SEA already know they will most likely get IP Ban because they already have a server. Its the same like Dragon Nest for example they have so many versions and finally the Europe Version just recently got released, Europe wasn't able to play the other versions except for the Sea Version so now the EU Dragon nest is there, they will move. Also im sure Asiasoft wouldnt wanna lose anymore players because our version isn't IP Ban for them.

#54 Sunraiser

Sunraiser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Lol, you're preaching to the choir, hun. That's exactly what happened to me. I WAS part of the SEA CBT. And was I disappointed at the announcement? Yes, of course I was. Was it the end of the world? No. But seeing as how it was called RO2: SEA.......it was something that should have been expected. I was and still am, one of the lucky few who is able to connect without the use of illegal software even despite the IPblocks. But seeing the way the players behaved was disgusting and nerve-racking. The announcement, however brief it was, WAS there, and WAS clearly stated and available. They were just too lazy to take a few extra seconds to scroll up and read the notice. :T

#55 Viney

Viney

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

Lol, you're preaching to the choir, hun. That's exactly what happened to me. I WAS part of the SEA CBT. And was I disappointed at the announcement? Yes, of course I was. Was it the end of the world? No. But seeing as how it was called RO2: SEA.......it was something that should have been expected. I was and still am, one of the lucky few who is able to connect without the use of illegal software even despite the IPblocks. But seeing the way the players behaved was disgusting and nerve-racking. The announcement, however brief it was, WAS there, and WAS clearly stated and available. They were just too lazy to take a few extra seconds to scroll up and read the notice. :T

You do know they never really IP blocked people after the announcement other than for Indonesian people? I think PH was included in the block but tons of em used programs to bypass it.

Either way. :) I would've been happier if they announced it in a public statement/post on forums prior. Either way, it's up to WarpPortal to announce it. They probably won't, and the planet will continue to rotate even if they don't make an announcement. lol..

Edited by Viney, 13 April 2013 - 04:33 PM.

#56 Sunraiser

Sunraiser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

You do know they never really IP blocked people after the announcement other than for Indonesian people? I think PH was included in the block but tons of em used programs to bypass it.

Either way. :) I would've been happier if they announced it in a public statement/post on forums prior. Either way, it's up to WarpPortal to announce it. They probably won't, and the planet iwll continue to rotate even if they don't make an announcement. lol..

Actually again: yes they did. South America was blocked (90% of the griping was coming from brazilians, only 10% was from the pinoy population), as well as half of Europe and Canada (I knew people both who could connect, and those who couldn't). They DID implement the blocks, they just didn't do a very good job, and didn't do it thoroughly. Yet more proof of Asiasoft/Playpark's fail. :heh:

#57 Viney

Viney

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Actually again: yes they did. South America was blocked (90% of the griping was coming from brazilians, only 10% was from the pinoy population), as well as half of Europe and Canada (I knew people both who could connect, and those who couldn't). They DID implement the blocks, they just didn't do a very good job, and didn't do it thoroughly. Yet more proof of Asiasoft/Playpark's fail. :heh:

Was the IP block in from the start? I don't remember many people other than Indo people and some PH having trouble logging in. I'm obviously not sure, but I'm guessing they implemented the IP block a while after OB? I can agree with you, though, that Playpark/Asiasoft was a horrible host.

They delayed Open Beta a week or 2 because it was too laggy and bombarded with logins, so they waited a week or 2 just to say to everyone that they were implementing IP blocks and on top of all of that, the servers still lagged heavily.. LOL!

#58 Tsujiko

Tsujiko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:waiting for Ro2 launch

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

No, the IP block in SEA came later. At first they only blocked PH, but later they began to block more....
Yeah, PlayPark seems a really bad host @.@

#59 mitxgg

mitxgg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationUnknown
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

No, the IP block in SEA came later. At first they only blocked PH, but later they began to block more....
Yeah, PlayPark seems a really bad host @.@

They are beyond bad, the worst to be exact.

#60 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

Looks like Brasil falls under the iRO2 IP ban too!

https://m.facebook.com/PlayRagnarok2/posts/490557947660429#!/comment/replies/?ctoken=526809817360986_5941086&ft_ent_identifier=526809817360986&gfid=AQBxivtDA6rAJ2do&ref=stream&__user=1047564574

#61 ItsFaulkenOMG

ItsFaulkenOMG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew World

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

The "i" in iRO2 stands for international, let me ask you this is iRO IP blocked?... No, just cuz Sea RO2 did it doesn't mean its going to happen here then they wouldn't be able to call it "international Ragnarok Online 1 or 2". the reason Sea did it cuz there internet out there can't handle the amount of ppl that NA can so the put restrictions on who can get on there server.

Definition of International:
1. between or among nations; involving two or more nations

2. of or pertaining to two or more nations or their citizens

4. having members or activities in several nations

5. transcending national boundaries or viewpoints

This, exactly.

Going back to the topic,
As they already named it "iRO2" so basically saying that it will be going internationally and doing what they are doing already, making other regions play for their region and ignoring the fact that even those regions will have their own servers to play with and so on and so on with the reasoning.

#62 Viney

Viney

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

Looks like Brasil falls under the iRO2 IP ban too!

https://m.facebook.c...user=1047564574

They never said BR is IP banned. Someone was stupid to mention BR IP ban.. All they said was that SEA countries would be banned due to license agreements since they have their own version. They said America (which obviously means North and South) and Europe would be able to play, and I'm also pretty sure that would include any country that doesn't have its own version.

#63 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

Will Russia fall under IP block?

#64 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

For those that's having a hard time understanding which countries are OFFICIALLY supported by International Ragnarok Online 2,

This was from facebook which they reply to someone...

Posted Image

This means the Americas
Posted Image

and Europe

Posted Image

Are OFFICIALLY supported AKA there's no fear of being IP blocked.
It's also stated that SEA (Southeast Asia) countries will be IP blocked because of an agreement.

Posted Image
This means Southeast Asia (Colored parts) will NOT be able to play on iRO2.

Other countries that are NOT a part of Southeast Asia (SEA) or Americas (North and South) MAY still be able to play, but they are not supported. This means that if another publisher extends their service region through contractual agreement to include, for example, Russia, Russian players will be IP banned if requested by the publisher.

Summarizing this,
  • Southeast Asia (SEA) (refer to the second picture above) will not be able to play on iRO2 through normal means.
  • Americas (North and South) (refer to the first picture above) are OFFICIALLY supported and WITHIN service region. You will NOT be IP banned and have FULL access to the game.
  • Other regions, that are not under direct service jurisdiction of any current Ragnarok Online 2 publishers, CAN connect to iRO2 but they are NOT officially supported.

#65 Moonlepsy

Moonlepsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

For those that's having a hard time understanding which countries are OFFICIALLY supported by International Ragnarok Online 2,

This means the Americas
Posted Image

and Europe

Posted Image

Are OFFICIALLY supported AKA there's no fear of being IP blocked.
It's also stated that SEA (Southeast Asia) countries will be IP blocked because of an agreement.

Posted Image
This means Southeast Asia (Colored parts) will NOT be able to play on iRO2.

Other countries that are NOT a part of Southeast Asia (SEA) or Americas (North and South) MAY still be able to play, but they are not supported. This means that if another publisher extends their service region through contractual agreement to include, for example, Russia, Russian players will be IP banned if requested by the publisher.

Summarizing this,

• Southeast Asia (SEA) (refer to the second picture above) will not be able to play on iRO2 through normal means.
  • Americas (North and South) (refer to the first picture above) are OFFICIALLY supported and WITHIN service region. You will NOT be IP banned and have FULL access to the game.
  • Other regions, that are not under direct service jurisdiction of any current Ragnarok Online 2 publishers, CAN connect to iRO2 but they are NOT officially supported.

So simple, yet so clear! :3

Anyhow, for those who didn't understand this Geography 101 class you should wait for the official list.

#66 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

They never said BR is IP banned. Someone was stupid to mention BR IP ban.. All they said was that SEA countries would be banned due to license agreements since they have their own version. They said America (which obviously means North and South) and Europe would be able to play, and I'm also pretty sure that would include any country that doesn't have its own version.

Except if you actually read my link you'd have seen:

Ragnarok Online 2
There are territories that we are not able to service due to partners calling "dibs" on them. Brazil is one of those territories. I actually like the energy the BR players bring so please believe us when we say it isn't a matter of "not wanting them".
Unlike · 2 · 6 hours ago

Brazil, despite being in the Americas, will be blocked from iRO2 as someone down there wants to host brRO2. Same reason they can't service the SEA region.

While the above explanation with country pictures IS helpful, to avoid total confusion we're going to need an official list from Warpportal of which countries there are agreements with.

Edited by ExeltusPendragon, 14 April 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#67 WatchMePlayBad

WatchMePlayBad

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

Posted Image

#68 Kajing

Kajing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

ExeltusPendragon, congratulation: you just ruined my day.

#69 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

Except if you actually read my link you'd have seen:

Brazil, despite being in the Americas, will be blocked from iRO2 as someone down there wants to host brRO2. Same reason they can't service the SEA region.

While the above explanation with country pictures IS helpful, to avoid total confusion we're going to need an official list from Warpportal of which countries there are agreements with.

It's likely that the company that runs bRO is planning to license bRO2. IE. it's the reason that Philippines is blocked by seaRO2 since pRO (levelupgames) is planning to license pRO2.

Edited by zr0rieu, 14 April 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#70 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Bye SEA players! There ain't be a fresh start for you here. Though quite gloomy that I have a bunch of SEA pals that has been waiting for iRO2 and NEVER actually played SEARO2

#71 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Bye SEA players! There ain't be a fresh start for you here. Though quite gloomy that I have a bunch of SEA pals that has been waiting for iRO2 and NEVER actually played SEARO2

Blocked players can still log in the the game and use cash shop (if they choose to) if they used certain methods..

#72 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

This is kind of racist but.... THANK GOD NO PINOYS OR BR'S lol!!!!!.. There are some friendly and non annoying ones, but for the most part they are 2 of the most annoying people to play with T_T.

Edited by Godriconian, 14 April 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#73 WatchMePlayBad

WatchMePlayBad

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

This is kind of racist but.... THANK GOD NO PINOYS OR BR'S lol!!!!!.. There are some friendly and non annoying ones, but for the most part they are 2 of the most annoying people to play with T_T.

Lmao sadly that's actually what I said too.

#74 silverogre

silverogre

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

Posted Image

This is not exactly ip block.

They cant provide service. Its possible he is talking about cash shop service, cards sales, promotions and country based stuff.
Or maybe, he is talking about ip block.

And please guys, dont talk like all Brazilian players are bad players. Yeah, i know bad Brazilians players, but there is NA bad players, EU bad players, and so on.
BTW, almost every gold spammer company are Chinese or NA companies. I never saw a illegal brazilian company swapping gold for real money (: just saying...

Edited by silverogre, 14 April 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#75 Viney

Viney

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

This is not exactly ip block.

They cant provide service. Its possible he is talking about cash shop service, cards sales, promotions and country based stuff.
Or maybe, he is talking about ip block.

And please guys, dont talk like all Brazilian players are bad players. Yeah, i know bad Brazilians players, but there is NA bad players, EU bad players, and so on.
BTW, almost every gold spammer company are Chinese or NA companies. I never saw a illegal brazilian company swapping gold for real money (: just saying...

99% of gold spammer companies are Chinese. Most ones you think are NA based are just Chinese companies based in US (since China is everywhere). That's why you 99% of the time see them mentioning some dumb QQ group. That's a Chinese chat program, so its obviously Chinese.

I've seen a lot of illegal BR companies and players that buy from these Chinese gold sellers. You can't ignore that fact. xD Of course.. Every country has its load of gold buyers, including lots of NA people that want to pay for power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users