FS Priest, make one and enjoy the VIP treatment. - Acolyte - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

FS Priest, make one and enjoy the VIP treatment.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 RevLoveJoy

RevLoveJoy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Hi! I would like to encourage people to play as an FS Priest.
Late game Random Hard Mode will always require 1 and Raid parties would usually require at least 2.

Leveling using only 1 offensive skill will be tough, repetitive, and boring but it will be worth it once you reach the cap. You won't be spending much on recovery items since you have the skills to heal up and regenerate sp. DPS classes would require burning pots a lot and that would mean more gold down the drain. Foods and Pots ain't cheap in this game.

I came from another english server and the lack of FS Priests leads to denying unlucky people the opportunity to complete dungeon runs for the mean time. You would see a dozen people outside dungeon portals who would go crazy once they see a Priest approaching. You'll be the hero, you call the shots. You might even be offered gifts for your services on raid parties if you're unwilling to join. This shows how much valued FS Priests are in this game.

RevLoveJoy here, Full-Support Priest.

#2 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for the tips. :) Now I know I made the right choice.

#3 Zypher2

Zypher2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Thanks for the tip. Now I just hope someone has the means to a nice FS priest build guide. As I am not confident enough about my control skills, so I hope to make up for it with a good build, so that if I can cover my mistakes easily.

#4 Lathiuz

Lathiuz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

I LOVE PEOPLE WHO PLAY AS FULL SUPORT PRIEST :p_smile:

well, if i may.
i can share FS build for Priest.
check this out
http://www.ro2skills...odDrfqnadeAboqN

#5 yusshin

yusshin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'll be playing as an FS Priest (first character)! But I'll most likely always be playing with my boyfriend (Assassin/Ranger), so as long as there's two spaces in your party for both of us, then everything'll be peachykeen :p_laugh:

#6 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

Don't forget though ^^ By going as a dedicated healer everything (as far as everyone else is concerned) is your fault!

#7 kingvulcan

kingvulcan

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

Aiya,no nid FS priest make a hybird priest better

#8 Heathcliffz

Heathcliffz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationRoad of Bless

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

Have been wishing to try the priest role in ro2 for a long time. i had never once used priest before due to the fact i am terrible at supporting. I will end up heal someone with full hp instead of my tank.haha :heh:

Aiya,no nid FS priest make a hybird priest better

if monster in iro2 is not OP as before, hybrid maybe nice. i hardly saw anyone use hybrid before at sea but i did miss hybrid priest too.i really wish to see a priest that is offensive in party too instead of just healing.

#9 Zikadus

Zikadus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAnaheim

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

There are 2 types of FS Priest, and both are very important especially when you reach dungeons like "Culvert Of Abyss Hard* and *Abaddon of Despair*

I will share this builds to everyone:) Hope it can help

this build is made for Priest Critical Heal Type. (1st Support)

http://www.ro2skills...bokdrfqnad1bprA

stats 40 dex 40 int (all equipment runes are DEX+5 or higher)

the other one is meditatio/angelus type Priest. (2nd Support)

http://www.ro2skills...okdreqnaddDbpqA

Stats 40 int 40 vit (all equipment runes are INT +5 or higher)

#10 Zikadus

Zikadus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAnaheim

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

An addition to a usual debate over if priest should get lvl 1 or 3 resu, some people think its a waste since 30 minutes for lvl 3 resu but thats only in SEA. No idea yet if warpportal will be the same. But if you're gonna play a decent FS priest, lvl 3 is the way to go, because its a very helpful skill, and raids need a fast resu cooldown, its a big difference as most dungeon raids like Bapho hard, PvE Hard, coa and AOD are gonna be time consuming and without items like Spinels, priests with fast resu cooldowns is a must..

#11 SqueeBunnyChii

SqueeBunnyChii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationUS - Florida

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Don't forget though ^^ By going as a dedicated healer everything (as far as everyone else is concerned) is your fault!

If the Tank/Off Tanks die: DPS slacked off.
If the DPS die: They got trigger happy.
If the Healer dies: Tank got lazy.

Don't get your blood or tears on my robes! :p_sad:

Trust me I am a scientist.

#12 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:50 AM

If the Tank/Off Tanks die: DPS slacked off.
If the DPS die: They got trigger happy.
If the Healer dies: Tank got lazy.

Don't get your blood or tears on my robes! :p_sad:

Trust me I am a scientist.

I like you!

#13 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

I will be making an FS also as my first char. ^_____^ i can never resist a priest class !

#14 Ryounaru

Ryounaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed, US
  • Server:Un-named!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

I maxed out my full support priest on the SEA server and I must say finding a party is easy and priests are indeed indispensable when it comes to raids\dungeons. The reason they started to decline in the other server was because of how ridiculous the res cool-down was and how useless the buffs were. Hopefully warportal fixes this mistake and doesn't make buffs only 10 seconds long and Resurrection 30 minutes. As far as a build goes, for fs priests it's a pretty straight shot down since all the support skills are in the second and third row. Depending on how warpportal handle this you should have no problem figuring out what you want to use. Renevatio will be your new best friend pretty much. At max for me at level 50, with crappy gear it was about 400 per every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. That's what mainly kept my tanks alive. Not the heals themselves as heal takes way too long to cast and the group heal has a cooldown although with enough haste in your gear it does cooldown a lot faster.

#15 Yuuhiko

Yuuhiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:RO2 Odin

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:08 AM

Super excited and can't wait to play a FS priest!

#16 VyperNeko

VyperNeko

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

I always play support Classes.... and go full support all the way ... in (almost) any MMO ... The only game I still play DPS characters is WoW.. PvP-wise ( Feral / Resto Druid ; Shadow / Disc Priest and Frost / Blood DK ).

The problem with going full support is that most players look for any support class in specific ocasions, such as dungeons.
When you're lvling it's usually a pain in the ass if you're by yourself...

#17 MalakGalthana

MalakGalthana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

Anyone figure out an FS stat build yet?

I was thinking...

Int-46
Wis-26
Vit-21
HP: 126
SP: 260
MATK: 92

Also the build im going is like those above except I was contemplating going lvl 2 stat recovery. Seems too good to pass up for instances......

http://www.ro2skills...okdrdqnadhNboqA

#18 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

Don't put points in Wis. No one gets Wis, but it's especially useless for a priest.

You'll want to find some combination of Int/Agi/Vit. There are several universally-recommended stat builds.

#19 Terr

Terr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

Anyone figure out an FS stat build yet?

I was thinking...

Int-46
Wis-26
Vit-21
HP: 126
SP: 260
MATK: 92

Also the build im going is like those above except I was contemplating going lvl 2 stat recovery. Seems too good to pass up for instances......

http://www.ro2skills...okdrdqnadhNboqA

You're not going to want to waste points in stat recovery, in all honestly once you've played and try to use it you'll notice why ( To save you the trouble, it's more of a hassle than its worth and stat effects it does cure are etremely short-lasting anyway ) I'd highly suggest reading guides to get an idea of how the skills actually work rather than just eyeing them alone, especially for aco. Synth's guide goes really in depth on ALL the skills, even more than mine. Mine is just what im using, and has the top 3 recomended stat builds for priest ( or well, top 2 and my personal fav lol )

Your skill build is extremely close to mine, so I'll just straight up suggest looking at my guide /shamelessplug and as for meditatio, it's not doing too much for you and the points are better off elsewhere. Synth has the exact numbers in his guide, but it really is a minimal diff even at lvl 5. And about stat recov- it doesn't heal all stats, and the ones it does heal are usually over within like 1-3 seconds of using stat recovery. Its a shortish range, and the way you cast it, you have to manually put the casting circle over who needs it on top of the casting time and animations.

#20 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

Considering stat builds. Most will do a 40 int/agi, but seeing how stat builds basically as another equipment, you may be best served by going 31 int/agi/vit, with enough points to up any of those stats up to 5 times. Sure you may be losing 45 crit, 18 dodge, 18 matk and 18 parry points, but a minimum 186 hit points can take you a long way especially when you need that little bit of extra hp to survive. However, do not go without agi in your stat build as you would be thankful if your heals crit.

#21 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

I personally do not rely on crit at all as a priest for the following reasons:

1. Reno cannot crit
2. Heals are guarenteed crits with Aspersio
3. While a Aspersio + HH crit looks extremely nice, most of that healing would probably go into overhealing unless a tank or player was seriously low.

Crit is overall a weak stat for priests in terms of healing and damage. I would max int and pump the remaining points into vit to reach HP breakpoints for raids.

#22 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

I think that if you max int, you would get at most 20 vit points. Most usually do a 40/40 for 2 stat type investment or even 41/41. I thought about stat builds and seeing how the stat build does not have any special effects, you get the most value by spreading it across your 3 most important stats.

#23 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

I don't even consider agi an important stat. I would lean towards 40/40 int/vit or if you want to min/max your healing just max int. You're gonna have less vit but it's 20 more magic power. If you don't need the HP for any raids, then just lead towards agi instead of vit.

Edited by Fold, 22 April 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#24 Loluka

Loluka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

It seems like there's going to be a lot of FS priests. I hope we'll still be in high demand. ):

#25 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

It seems like there's going to be a lot of FS priests. I hope we'll still be in high demand. ):

With how dungeons in MMOs are now a days I guarantee that healers will ALWAYS be in demand. Please enjoy your instant dungeon queues :3!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users