• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 iamDNL

iamDNL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Hey fellow enthusiasts of nuke damage and flashy skills! Since OB is just around the corner I thought to put up this thread and do a quick survey whether you guys are going for the versatile Sorcerer class or nuke-based Wizards! Feel free to post your chosen IGNs together with your chosen class too just to give your fellow players a heads up! See you all in-game!

BTW here's a good site to simulate and study the skills of both class, but then again changes might be made by WarpPortal so stay tuned to their updates.

http://ro2base.com/

iamDNL - Sorcerer (ATM)

#2 Lathiuz

Lathiuz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

Im Wizard lvl 50, full gears PVP colo in previous server..
IMHO, sorcerer is way too imba.
his Variety Spear so strong, and can easily kill you in 1 combo. LEGIT.

i hope GM nerfing this skill. :hmm:
and back Ressu Cooldown just like KRO.

Edited by Lathiuz, 12 April 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#3 Aimrys94

Aimrys94

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

I am planning to go towards Wizard. I just like the skills more, to be honest. It simply fits me as an individual more.

#4 Moonlepsy

Moonlepsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

First thread, yay.

Anyway, I don't think sorcs are OP. I mean, as a fellow wizard, I think we are pretty versatile. We have Teleport, Ice Wall, and other skills (DoT trinity, Frost Nova ) that people consider "painful" and "annoying." Most Wizards in KR/SEA are stuck with the classic fire build, but I think if you use different combinations you can nuke almost every class. I'm not saying wizards are overpowered (at one time they were), but if you know how to play it right, even Sorcs can feel the pain of messing with a hasty/fiery wizard.

As for the damage output competition, wizards are naughty damage dealers. At first you may think Rangers and Assasins are outdpsing you because your CT is slow (you will notice if you are a pure fire build with no additional haste time other than Pyromaniac+gears), but in the end, you'll get the "OMG 3k+ did you look at that" expression on your face once you clear out those annoying mobs.

Again, it depends on your style and how you want to play your class. If you like to be everywhere and nowhere at the same time, be a Wind Wizard. If you want to be engulfed in flames and hit everything in sight, be a Fire Wizard. Some people argue that Wind Wizards suck because a 20% Cast Rate is "useless", but if you combine it with guardians, gears, and damage per second skills (Fire Tree skills mostly), you could be a deadly, yet agile wizard.

Hope this helps, even if I'm being a little generic here: 3.

Edited by Moonlepsy, 12 April 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#5 Lathiuz

Lathiuz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Hi fellow wizard, hm nice sharing though :3
brotha, to be truth, teleport doesnt help that much. others class have skill that catch us so easily.
and Ice wall cooldown way too long.

Yes it is. Sorcerer's skill Variety Spear just too imba.
Let me explain this :
Ultimate skill Wizard (Flame Explotion) require madness stack. need around 8-10 sec to fill that. And, ah faking-long time animation- that soo wasting time :/
useless in Battle PVP. Try it in colosseum or duel.
others class too, they need some combo requirement too to cast ultimate skill.

compare to sorcerer, he can cast ULTIMATE Variety Spear without any requirement! Instant Casting time! fast Cooldown (30 sec normal, but actually can reduce to around 25 sec with vigor). And again, that skill can easily got quadrple damage (combo with Freeze or wind arm with Fine AGI) + 3 sec STUN effect!
im talk about late game condition. so SCARY.

#6 iamDNL

iamDNL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

I have played Sorcerer in previous server and enjoyed seeing a priest die from a single hit from my varetyr spear. Let's just wait and see how WarpPortal toyed around with the nerfs and boosts of the Sorcerer skill tree and hope for a balanced dmg output. :D

BTW, what countries are IP Blocked by WarpPortal? Haha sorry for the off-topic question.

#7 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

Hi fellow wizard, hm nice sharing though :3
brotha, to be truth, teleport doesnt help that much. others class have skill that catch us so easily.
and Ice wall cooldown way too long.

Yes it is. Sorcerer's skill Variety Spear just too imba.
Let me explain this :
Ultimate skill Wizard (Flame Explotion) require madness stack. need around 8-10 sec to fill that. And, ah faking-long time animation- that soo wasting time :/
useless in Battle PVP. Try it in colosseum or duel.
others class too, they need some combo requirement too to cast ultimate skill.

compare to sorcerer, he can cast ULTIMATE Variety Spear without any requirement! Instant Casting time! fast Cooldown (30 sec normal, but actually can reduce to around 25 sec with vigor). And again, that skill can easily got quadrple damage (combo with Freeze or wind arm with Fine AGI) + 3 sec STUN effect!
im talk about late game condition. so SCARY.

Agree. They made sorcs a little too versatile. Wizards when played right still exceed sorc DPS when DoTs are stacked, but it's not what you'd expect of what is supposed to be the premiere nuking class.

#8 Moonlepsy

Moonlepsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Agree. They made sorcs a little too versatile. Wizards when played right still exceed sorc DPS when DoTs are stacked, but it's not what you'd expect of what is supposed to be the premiere nuking class.

True, they want to play us with fire when we want to play with different elements : 3

@ Lathiuz

Teleport and Ice Wall are like trademark skills in RO 2. A Wizzie who is not able to move around when danger is lurking or not able to be inside an impenetrable ice shield for 10 secs it's like a wizard without his/her robe, staff, or undies! (I'm joking, it's not that dramatic actually.) Thing is, since we don't have some of our past glorious skills, we have to rely on new settings/circumstances. Teleport and Ice Wall can be very useful during a PvP match, but those demonic cooldowns can be quite painful. I remember there is an old guide which practically states wizards are "depressing" because of their lack of versatily (you only get to be a fire wizard and that's it.) I beg to differ, of course~

Every wizard can build its own tree depending on his/her style like I said before, but that doesn't mean Teleport or Ice Wall are useless. It depends on what kind of wizard do you want to be.

Edited by Moonlepsy, 12 April 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#9 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

I"m definitely going for sorc! They have great synergy with wiz/priest and tanks in both pvm and pvp. Sorc is pretty great, though wizards seem to have more mvp potential.

#10 iamDNL

iamDNL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

A usual scenario... A sorcy vs Any class in PVP... The class uses ultimate skill with CD... Sorcy heals... casts deluge. casts LoR. Heals and heal wait for right moment then poof F. Driver > Varetyr > Jupitel. Which is why I'm playing sorcy haha!

#11 Lathiuz

Lathiuz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

True, they want to play us with fire when we want to play with different elements : 3

@ Lathiuz

Teleport and Ice Wall are like trademark skills in RO 2. A Wizzie who is not able to move around when danger is lurking or not able to be inside an impenetrable ice shield for 10 secs it's like a wizard without his/her robe, staff, or undies! (I'm joking, it's not that dramatic actually.) Thing is, since we don't have some of our past glorious skills, we have to rely on new settings/circumstances. Teleport and Ice Wall can be very useful during a PvP match, but those demonic cooldowns can be quite painful. I remember there is an old guide which practically states wizards are "depressing" because of their lack of versatily (you only get to be a fire wizard and that's it.) I beg to differ, of course~

Every wizard can build its own tree depending on his/her style like I said before, but that doesn't mean Teleport or Ice Wall are useless. It depends on what kind of wizard do you want to be.

No honey, u dont get my point.
im build my Wizard to hybrid. PvP preference.
Im wasting 3 Skill reset and read hundred of 'Wizard build' to rebuild and maxing wizard potential. And now im gave up, im still feel something weird. :p_sad:
Wizard's potential not that tremendous as people say. The truth is Sorcerer much killer than wizard. Go PvP duel and u can see how easy sorcerer kill us, even Priest can easily killed.
PVM? Falcon ranger and Assasin can deal more damage.
INT buff? Soulmaker can replace wizard.
Wizard's casting time just too long, ultimate Fire explotion are far from good, SAD! :(
Hope GM warpportal realize this. and UP Wizard ability.

All my effort's result are Full PVP Colo gear, many thropy, and find 2 build PvP for wizard.
if u want my build u can PM me.

#12 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

I allways make a sorc and wizard. Wizards and Beast master and warriors are the easiest to gear well atleast i think wizards are on both kro and sea i got full gears pretty fast on the wiz

#13 Moonlepsy

Moonlepsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

No honey, u dont get my point.
im build my Wizard to hybrid. PvP preference.
Im wasting 3 Skill reset and read hundred of 'Wizard build' to rebuild and maxing wizard potential. And now im gave up, im still feel something weird. :p_sad:
Wizard's potential not that tremendous as people say. The truth is Sorcerer much killer than wizard. Go PvP duel and u can see how easy sorcerer kill us, even Priest can easily killed.
PVM? Falcon ranger and Assasin can deal more damage.
INT buff? Soulmaker can replace wizard.
Wizard's casting time just too long, ultimate Fire explotion are far from good, SAD! :(
Hope GM warpportal realize this. and UP Wizard ability.

All my effort's result are Full PVP Colo gear, many thropy, and find 2 build PvP for wizard.
if u want my build u can PM me.

I do, sadly. Go be a sorc, traitor : D.
btw I also have a priest *coughs*, lol~

Edited by Moonlepsy, 13 April 2013 - 09:51 AM.

#14 Eduardohaloo

Eduardohaloo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCancun Quintana Roo Mexico

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Wizard U_U its power Absolute

#15 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

By the way what class having better AoE for WoE? Is Sorc superior to Wizard in AoE area?

#16 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

Sorc has LoR (HoT), Deluge (HoT), and LoV (attack).
Wiz has Meteor Storm (attack), Inferno (attack+DoT), and Frost Nova (immobilize +double lightning damage).

So Sorc is better for AoE support, and Wiz is better for AoE offense.

#17 Moonlepsy

Moonlepsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

lvl 1 -5 Fire Flower= "You have AIDS"
lvl 1 Inferno = "Y'all have AIDS" : 3

Edited by Moonlepsy, 16 April 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#18 Zikadus

Zikadus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAnaheim

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Okay let's sum this up :)

Wizards and Sorcs are like the difference between Rogues and Assassins.

Rogues and Wizards : are DPS that are stronger when the fight are drawn longer, coz their skill damages are mainly stacking like Fire Flower+Fire Bolt+Fireball combo for wizards.

Assassins and Sorcs : are DPS that are fast killers, they mostly rely on crits.

Sorcs are always told to be imbalance because they can be good healers as well, my sorc can do 2,400 crit heals, but wizards have better AoE skills, which are very helpful in raids, and in terms of colloseum fights, I would go with the wizard because of "Ice Wall" :).

It all depends on the gamestyle of the user, a sorcerer can rape a wizard as does a wizard can also rape sorcs, teleport is a very helpful skill, if you use it wisely.

*Synthesize is correct, sorcs are better AOE defense, wiz are better AOE offense* :)

Edited by Zikadus, 16 April 2013 - 04:33 PM.

#19 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

Sounds interesting, that wizard class.

Perhaps I shall give it a try when servers are up.

Any idea of the profession? I read there's chef, artesanian and such. What does that means?

#20 Yuumei

Yuumei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

Sounds interesting, that wizard class.

Perhaps I shall give it a try when servers are up.

Any idea of the profession? I read there's chef, artesanian and such. What does that means?

If you're aiming to be a Wizard, best become an Alchemist (unless you have some sick desire to spend vaultloads of zeny early on (okay, maybe a little over exaggerated there, but it'll cost a significant amount when physical currency isn't something in pure abundance) to concoct your own potions (mostly blue). In short professions let you craft a specific genre (/category) of items, which when you attain higher levels in allow you to craft uncommon and rare items (some of which can be obtained from mobs). It's really just a matter of preference, in a nutshell.

#21 Phaecda

Phaecda

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:彼の心

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

Monk rape anything so yeah [nonsensepost]

#22 Aquafall

Aquafall

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

I prefer wizard for pvp and sorc for pve... my problem with wizard is the cast time (or gravity bug ?? ). It's my opinion.
I like wizard XD

#23 SirPenguin

SirPenguin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

This really makes me reconsider what to go with, in every mmo i play i've always been a sorcerer, I was going to roll as a sorcerer, but they seem to not like to use fire spells too much, I just really want to do tons of damage, and I'm still not sure which one of them do the most, I know the sorc is relying on crit, and wizard have powerful spells, but how big is the difference in their damage output?

#24 flysteps

flysteps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

This really makes me reconsider what to go with, in every mmo i play i've always been a sorcerer, I was going to roll as a sorcerer, but they seem to not like to use fire spells too much, I just really want to do tons of damage, and I'm still not sure which one of them do the most, I know the sorc is relying on crit, and wizard have powerful spells, but how big is the difference in their damage output?

I am not trying to promote Wizard, just want to give some extra input. They are still weak in my eyes.

Wizard is still useful in crowd control. The AoE brandish storm warrior might seems better due to mobility, but in a group consist of Off-Tank warrior and Knight, most likely Knight and Wizard will serve their purpose well here, to keep the summons. Mostly.
Sorcerer should just stick to what they're best at, hybrid.
As for the damage output, (didn't consider agro from tank) given that there are no summons and same gear tier. For long run, Wizard damage is still on par with other DPS class. My experience might bias because I only see Ranger is the only class that can outrun the damage.
And last but not least - people don't just simply get two Wizard in a raid. This is probably one of the very few reason why people are still going for it.

As for the rest, it is pretty much a weak class overall. There's no real nuke whatsoever like it normally does in other mmorpg.

#25 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

It seems the tweaks gotta be based on their stats?

In any case, what's the max level on RO2? 99? or is there any "trans" class afterwards?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users