• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

Hi Folks, let's get our electrifying adventure started here with our builds discussion. We're sorcs, we heal, we blow things up (with lightning), we rock. Here's how we do it;

This is the basic Dps sorc build :magician::
This is the basic Support Sorc build :jellyfish:

From the research I've done on sorc's I can say the skills we have to max are:
1. Frost Driver (dps or support)
2. Land of Recovery: Heals over time for 7~11% and pretty much is kept up all the time.
3. Wind Seal (dps) or Earth Seal (support, possibly for dps depending on Sorc nerfs, see below)
4. Earth Shield (dps or support) -->great for parties, up's everyone's defense by 20%!
4. Jupter Thunder (dps...possibly support)
5. Varetyr Spear (dps...possibly support)

Also, both of these could easily be justified maxing!
1. Deluge: This is an AoE heal over time 26~39% and can be very helpful in raids, though has a short duration
2. Cold Bold (dps...maybe max this...maybe not)

Stat builds are usually 40 agi, 40 int, 8 vit or 50 agi/2x int/1~8vit. Since int is apparently more common in late game gears then agi, it's recommended to get more agi then int in our stats.

*updated again, i'll update this regularly to make this page easy to use, thanks again for all you're great imput! :p_hi:

Edited by Rumm, 18 April 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#2 iamDNL

iamDNL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

http://ro2base.com/b...9.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

This is the build I'm running on RO2 Sea. I wouldn't pretty much justify the build except the fact that I believe level 3 Cold bolt is enough since you only spam it to get Wind Seal's effect. Jupitel and Varetyr are you bread and butter skills they could take off a chunk of your enemies life Mob/Player when played together with FD and Wind Seal. LoR and Deluge.. Max them you will be loved.. cherished... and appreciated in raids. :)

#3 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

Rumm why lvl 1 LOR cause if you went into a raid with that they wont want you to stay i have done numerous raids on both KRO2 and SEARO2 and its best to max that because durign raiding lor is too much needed to help in support.
Lets say you are the only sorc in party and doing a bapho raid and teh party is pretty much all gathered together with tank off away the sorcs LOR helps with the healing of the party while the priests can support the tanks and any melee thats close and personal with the boss well thats my opinion.

Heres my build http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

and depending if they do that fix on sorcs as SEARO did ill prob change a skill around and get max earth arms

Edited by joanne, 13 April 2013 - 05:32 AM.

#4 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:38 AM

For Sorcs, full DPS isn't recommended. The main reason why Sorcs are deemed so "OP" is their ability to off-heal efficiently while still being able to dish out excellent DPS. There were changes in KRO/SEA to address this, nerfing their ability to heal. However, sacrificing a bit of DPS to max earth arms compensates for that.

#5 Tsujiko

Tsujiko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:waiting for Ro2 launch

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

I think i am going with my Sea build, I liked how i could play it. Aoe heal/ single target dps build. I tried pure dps but i dind't liked it. But did not tried the fs buld.

with my build i could help the priest healing the group, so the priest could concentrate on the tanks. And when i did not need to heal, I could do some damage. Leveling was quite easy, I could heal myself ^^ I just used a lot of food and blue pots @.@
http://www.ro2skills...naoqBdFdBrDkbrA
(same build like joanne ^^ But suit my playstile the most)

I hope they don'T nerv them here like in sea -.- If they do, i need to change the build for eath arms....
For Woe or PvP they can or should... but pve and dungeons was way easier before the nerv, and Kro2 has not nerved it till now.

Edited by Tsujiko, 13 April 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#6 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

I hope they don'T nerv them here like in sea -.- If they do, i need to change the build for eath arms....

I think there's a good chance that Sorcs will be nerfed here. Unlike the various changes from SEA (Res CD up, Pot CD Up, stronger bosses), the Sorc nerf was issued by Gravity as a way to balance the classes, and SEA followed suit.

#7 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

heres my build on SEA so u can switch between dps full support there is ways of getting rather good crit using frost drive n VS even while using earth arms did it in SEA so should be fine you just loose a few in deluge

http://www.ro2skills...naoqBdDrbrDdBrA

#8 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Awesome insight thanks, I've updated my goals~
Btw some quick questions:
Q1: I thought it would be good to max LoV because it's instant, zero cooldown, should be good to reveal folks in pvp, and combo's well with frost nova. I suppose all that true at level 1...but is the damage difference that significant? Or is this just a minor skill that's not really worth considering much?
Q2: Maxing Earth Arms sounds like it'll be pretty great for healing (here's looking to you Stryfek), but what should be cut to max it out?
Maybe...cut cold bolt to 1 so Earth Arms can be max with a max LoR and Deluge?
Something like this:
Spoiler

Edited by Rumm, 17 April 2013 - 03:19 AM.

#9 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Lov isnt that good damage i used lvl 1 in both Kro and searo and had no problems in mobbing dungeons solo
You can also lowere Deluge a bit i had it at lvl 3 even lvl 1 is good in a pitch thats when you are fully say bapho geared its good i often had 800 heal on deluge at lvl 3 and it doesnt change all that much.
Also if they nerf sorc the same on Sea and i think kro2 is nerfed now too you will need to max earth arms it just isnt all that good the heals on lor and deluge just get end up from going from 300 hp heals to 100- heals when with out earth arms
some ppl have different thoughts so up to you

Edited by joanne, 13 April 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#10 Doocher

Doocher

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

http://www.ro2skills...nbodEdEqBrDdBrA

My Nerfed hybrid type.

#11 Zikadus

Zikadus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAnaheim
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Sorc builds:

http://www.ro2skills...naoqBefrbeDkbrA

dps hybrid heal LOR Sorc

http://www.ro2skills...naoqBdFebrDkbrA

DPS and defense buff sorc

#12 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

Fix your signature it's way to big.

#13 wusselwu

wusselwu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

is summon aqua, soul cleaning and deluge strongly required? is seal of earth required for raids if they nerf lor?

Edited by wusselwu, 17 April 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#14 Vendizzle

Vendizzle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

Well it really depends for me on whether they nerf sorc into the ground like they did on SEA version.  Hopefully they leave it how it was meant to be on kRO

#15 chigau

chigau

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

First, question: Is JT Mastery 7%, 13%, 15% in game or 5%, 10%, 15% like says in RO2skillsim?

Briefly looked around SeaRO2 forum, I think this build may be valid for raids and maybe some pvp:

http://www.ro2skills...naoqBdCqBrDgOrA

They favor Earth Arms over Deluge, say as an emergency skill, deluge isn't really all that helpful in a raid situation.
No cooldown reduction for res, say most likely once per use in 5 man, and there are other means to reduce the cooldown.
FD max, use with Foresight and lightning skills. It also helps to trap some annoying mobs in raids.

As for stats... "40 agi, 40 int, 8 vit or 50 agi/2x int/1~8vit."
I'm looking at more between 41/41 and 51/27/2.

What do you think of this set up?

Edited by chigau, 17 April 2013 - 09:35 PM.

#16 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

They favor Earth Arms over Deluge, say as an emergency skill, deluge isn't really all that helpful in a raid situation.

Deluge is -very- important in raids. Raids are kind of stupid in that one of the primary factors determining whether or not you can go is how high your maxHP is. (Or at least it was this way in seaRO2. It's probably more lax in kRO2 since they get 3-5min res cooldowns instead of 30-50min.) Deluge is less important for the healing and more important for the maxHP boost before a boss uses an AoE nuke that can one-shot several people.
Recommended level was 3-5.

Regarding Earth Seal and JT Mastery though, I'd wait until the servers are open here to be sure. As soon as you make a mage, you can check out both Wizard and Sorc skill trees.
There's a slight possibility that release will be different from beta though. Like res cooldown in seaRO2's closed beta was 3-5min, so people raged hard to see it at 30-50min in open "beta".

#17 Vendizzle

Vendizzle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

First, question: Is JT Mastery 7%, 13%, 15% in game or 5%, 10%, 15% like says in RO2skillsim?

Briefly looked around SeaRO2 forum, I think this build may be valid for raids and maybe some pvp:

http://www.ro2skills...naoqBdCqBrDgOrA

No cooldown reduction for res, say most likely once per use in 5 man, and there are other means to reduce the cooldown.
FD max, use with Foresight and lightning skills. It also helps to trap some annoying mobs in raids.

As for stats... "40 agi, 40 int, 8 vit or 50 agi/2x int/1~8vit."
I'm looking at more between 41/41 and 51/27/2.

What do you think of this set up?

Personally I don't think earth arms is worth it in this build. As a sorc you are mainly going to want to provide dps with support heals when necessary. If you are wanting to be a healing sorc then you would need to invest more points in the water tree, more specifically deluge and healing wave to be a viable "healing sorc" in raids.

My build will look more like this: http://www.ro2skills...aoqBdFdBrDkbrA. The amount of points in JT mastery depending largely on on how the percentages are scaled of course.

I think I will most likely max agi and put the rest in int, as agi is much harder to come by than int. I don't find vit particularly useful in general for any class.

I am no means an expert on fs healing sorcs but I believe they look something like this: http://www.ro2skills...aodFdFrbrBdBrA. The last 4 points can be put into whatever your preference. I am not really sure how meditation works.

Edited by Vendizzle, 18 April 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#18 chigau

chigau

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for your input. Just curious, what was your endgame experience like with the sorc? i.e: Hardcore raiding, casual RHM, or mostly PVPing?

#19 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

What things was nerfed to Sorc in seaRO?

#20 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

What things was nerfed to Sorc in seaRO?

Essentially, all heals used to do twice as much, and Earth Seal gave a 10% boost to heals, at best. So sorcs would skip Earth Seal, full-time Wind Seal, and be awesome at both DPS and support simultaneously.

Post-nerf, heals are what you see now, and it requires a maxed Earth Seal to bring them back to their former strength. This forces sorcs to spend more skill points and thus decide whether they'd rather be DPS, support, or hybrid.

Edited by synesthetic, 18 April 2013 - 07:01 PM.

#21 LordInuyasha

LordInuyasha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:11 AM

http://ro2base.com/b...7.1.3/0.0.0.0.0

this is basically wat i came up with in the end. seems good overall tbh and heals is heals. regardless. u can heal. be happy. because most of the other classes u cant.. i think 3 earth seal would do just fine. and u shouldnt be the Main one in raids. that are healing. the priests need to stay ontop of thier game. and if ur needed. to heal. then ull have the skills to do so. but ima go with this build here. that is just my two cents :S

#22 OhGreat

OhGreat

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

Q1: I thought it would be good to max LoV because it's instant, zero cooldown, should be good to reveal folks in pvp, and combo's well with frost nova. I suppose all that true at level 1...but is the damage difference that significant? Or is this just a minor skill that's not really worth considering much?

Zero cooldown, but the real cooldown is the long animation. LOV is a 3 second animation skill, and that long animation sometimes can really mess you up especially during lag moment where you might pressed the LOV hotkey several times. 99% sorcs (including me) in SEA left LOV at level 1, because it won't have any impact at higher levels, and in dungeon we usually leave the mobs clearing to Knight with their Grand Cross skill.

And also, i knew that NA players love to play in party, which makes Frost Nova + LOV a highlight, but then you might wanna skip that idea because its very risky, and not worth it.

Q2: Maxing Earth Arms sounds like it'll be pretty great for healing (here's looking to you Stryfek), but what should be cut to max it out?

Max Earth Arms only if you guys in NA server receive the Sorc's heal nerf, which cuts ALL Sorc's heal skills (Land of Recovery, Deluge, and the 2 single target heal skills which i forgot the name) by half, and increases the Earth Arms effect by 2x at max level.

<<This comment here assumes that NA server isn't going to get the nerf patch>>
Besides the 10% heal power isn't really that good. Its not going to make you any better in supporting party, when Sorc is already a great supportive class with skills like Land of Recovery and Deluge. You can leave it at lvl 1, and go for Water Arms (my personal favourite in raid party before the nerf) or Wind Arms (making skill casting alot faster) instead of using Earth Arms.

In SEA, ots 7/13/15. Not sure if NA gonna have that or follow the one stated in the skill sim.

Deluge is affected by Earth Arms in SEA. Without maxing Earth Arms, Deluge's heal power will be halved, and sometimes that can be fatal especially if you got hit by strong attack that puts DOT debuff on you (mostly on high level raid dungeon). Deluge is definitely useful as emergency healing skill, to counter boss's AOE attacks. It boosts your HP accordingly, and applies strong HOT on your party for 10s, which is always good for certain boss that has a habit of using AOE attacks consecutively. Just get it despite of what those in SEA forums said. Every Sorc regardless of their build will definitely want Deluge in their build, even if not maxed.

Res as in ressurection? If NA server is going to follow the kRO setup, then its going to be 3/4/5 minutes which is too good for us at SEA. But if you guys get the horrible 30/40/50 minutes cooldown like us, then you might wanna follow the following
- Not sure what NA server is going to name it, but in SEA its Vigor, which reduces your CD. You can get Vigor from rare (blue) and epic (purple) gears. By standard, at level 50, its going to be like 10-20% cd reduction only you can possibly get from epic level gears (PVP epic gears give you enough Vigor to reduce about 15-20% cd of all your skills.).
- Using Guardian, which reduces your CD for all skills by 30%. This buff will be added directly to your current vigor rate, making it possible to get -50% cd rate using vigor + guardian.

Frost Diver is worth maxing, even at lvl 50. While all bosses in raid dungeon/dungeon are immune to FD, making Wind Arms a better choice for inflicting more damage, but still it may come in handy especially when the mobs are summoned out. And in PVP, you just can't say no to FD. With higher MATK, critical rate and maxed JT and Vspear, FD > JT > Vspear is likely going to be OHKO combo for non tanker classes.

As for the stat, just like RO1, most people will definitely aim for having higher VIT first to get more HP. Once they're used to the raid dungeon, they will shift their VIT to other stats, mainly the AGI or STR/INT to increase the DPS power. It doesn't matter what you going to plan for your base stat, because your end stats will definitely be determined by the gears and runes.

#23 Venusmoon

Venusmoon

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Rumm why lvl 1 LOR cause if you went into a raid with that they wont want you to stay i have done numerous raids on both KRO2 and SEARO2 and its best to max that because durign raiding lor is too much needed to help in support.
Lets say you are the only sorc in party and doing a bapho raid and teh party is pretty much all gathered together with tank off away the sorcs LOR helps with the healing of the party while the priests can support the tanks and any melee thats close and personal with the boss well thats my opinion.

Heres my build http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

and depending if they do that fix on sorcs as SEARO did ill prob change a skill around and get max earth arms

Hi, I am new in ragnarok 2 do you use the 41/41 build or 51/27/3 (agi/int/vit) or any other?

#24 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

Do ya'll know if lightning bolt is worth maxing? Like to use while jupitel/vartyr's is on cooldown vs frozen/wind seal'd targets

#25 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationYour Monitor O_o

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

I wouldn't level Lightning Bolt at all. Jupitel Thunder's cooldown may be somewhat long, but not long enough to make you have to use another spell. It's really a waste of those few seconds of frozen status/Seal of Wind "ammo". You could throw a Cold Bolt in right after JT to try and re-proc Seal of Wind/JT Mastery, I suppose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users