Ragnarok Online 2 LOTS in 90 Seconds - Everything you need to know to start playing! - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok Online 2 LOTS in 90 Seconds - Everything you need to know to start playing!

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#26 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

aww that sucks...thx for the quick reply tho

#27 Cubofer

Cubofer

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

Can someone explain more about the guild system :( ? features and stuff ...

#28 Kagehime2501

Kagehime2501

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

When you reach the level 10, you have to talk to the guild npc at Prontera and the creation will cost 20 Zenies (Gold).

At level 1 of the guild, you can only invite 20 members.

The guild can be up until the level 50, and at each level you can earn point for skills guild, like increase max members (100 is the max number), decrease repair fee or armor durability reduction.
Some skills were locked on the Sea version, i suppose there will be skills for PVP and War of Emperium.

At level 20, the guild storage is unlocked with 20 slots (100 slots max).

In order to increase the experience of the guild, each member can give until 50 % of their experience taken from the monsters.

Edited by Kagehime2501, 15 April 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#29 LastExile613

LastExile613

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

As of the moment the only way to transfer items between characters on the same account is to do it with a 3rd party.

Maybe if we ask nice enough Gravity US could...?

But can you do it with rare equips?
Like Dungeon/Raid equipment

#30 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

After alot of reading, it still looks like no.

Again It looks like for now the only way to transfer items between characters is by a 3rd party.

The character shared storage aspect of MMO's has always been an incentive for players to explore and a gold mine for Developers to generate income. Quite frankly, it would be a bad idea not to implement this in someway.

#31 rollchan

rollchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

Dungeon/raid equips are bound on pick up, you can't trade them once you got them.

#32 Tsujiko

Tsujiko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:waiting for Ro2 launch

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

Dungeon/raid equips are bound on pick up, you can't trade them once you got them.

Well, you can trade them among Party-members as long as you are in this dungeon. But if you (or the one you want to trade with) leaves it, you can not.

But once it becomes "bound" there is no possibility to trade/sell it.... (as far as I know)

Edited by Tsujiko, 15 April 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#33 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Another question: what's the character limit on character names? Is it like RO where you can have symbols and stuff on your name or are only alphanumeric characters allowed?

What does the Clan Bank do? Does it store money like a typical MMO bank?

#34 Rennie246

Rennie246

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

As mentioned above items dropped in dungeon don't actually bind on pick up but they bind once you leave the dungeon, so even if somebody rolls on something they shouldn't you can still trade it to the right member as long as you are still in the dungeon.

#35 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

Transferring zeny/items to other characters on your account. You can do this through the mail system. One item or stack at a time as long as it's not untradable. Zeny can be sent simultaneously or alone. And if mail functions the same way as in seaRO2, then it costs a flat rate of 10 rupees (1z = 1000r) for any message; and limit of 31 messages in each player's mailbox. If a target's mailbox is full, then you won't be able to send your message.

Character naming restrictions. 2-14 characters in length. Alphanumerics only.

#36 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

THANK YOU.

#37 Cubofer

Cubofer

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

When you reach the level 10, you have to talk to the guild npc at Prontera and the creation will cost 20 Zenies (Gold).

At level 1 of the guild, you can only invite 20 members.

The guild can be up until the level 50, and at each level you can earn point for skills guild, like increase max members (100 is the max number), decrease repair fee or armor durability reduction.
Some skills were locked on the Sea version, i suppose there will be skills for PVP and War of Emperium.

At level 20, the guild storage is unlocked with 20 slots (100 slots max).

In order to increase the experience of the guild, each member can give until 50 % of their experience taken from the monsters.

Oh thx, its pretty similar to the guild system in ro. It will be some kind of housing system or something like that ? i mean like a place you can buy for your guild or anything like that ?. Sorry for my english, im not the best at this language.

#38 Kagehime2501

Kagehime2501

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:24 AM

No, there is no guild hall for the moment.
But maybe with the War of Emperium update, i suppose the fortress won by a guild will become a sort of guild house because the WOE is on an instanced map.

Edited by Kagehime2501, 16 April 2013 - 03:25 AM.

#39 Thaiku

Thaiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands
  • Server:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

Wait, are normal world map isntanced?
I don't know if "instanced" is the word, let me explain:
I've played a lot of MMORPG, in some of them like RO1, WoW, Lineage 2, etc.. you can see all the players in one map, so if somebody says "i'm on the map under Prontera", you can go and you'll see him/her, buto there is other type MMORPGS, where there are "channels", so you must change your channel to meet that player.
Hope i've explained well, english is not my first language.

What type is RO2?

#40 Tsujiko

Tsujiko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

What type is RO2?

In SEA there are channels (3 servers with 10 and upto 15 channels each)
So if somone is one one map, to see him/her there, you'll need to be in the same server (if we get more than 1) and on the same channel as well.

It will be here on NA-server like this as well. I don't know how much server we will get, but it will have diffrent channel on each for sure.

Hope this helps :)

#41 Kagehime2501

Kagehime2501

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

Sorry not English too.

By "instanced" i want to say "closed map" for a group whose wants to run a dungeon for example.
For the future WOE, i heard that you have to talk to a npc in order to be teleported on a closed map like a battleground of WOW.

Edited by Kagehime2501, 16 April 2013 - 03:57 AM.

#42 Thaiku

Thaiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:01 AM

The channels are not good :(
I'm VERY SAD with the channels part... That ruins de MMORPG experiencie...

#43 OniNoMeKyo

OniNoMeKyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationHere (not there).
  • Server:Yet

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

The channels are not good :(
I'm VERY SAD with the channels part... That ruins de MMORPG experiencie...

It sure does.
On the other hand, it helps when doing (Union)quests, and people are farming that particular monster needed to complete it (looking at you, Poisona!).

#44 Thaiku

Thaiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:13 AM

I can't understand why creating channels. The awesome part of an MMORPG is that you live in an open world, where you see other people like the real world, but the real world is not divided into channels ¬_¬ (i know, in the real world there si not porings too, but you understand that i mean hehe :), the social experiencie)

#45 Flash2k6

Flash2k6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

oh yeah would be very cool to hunt quest monsters wih 200 people at the same time.....
almost every game divides the players. this can be done by server (realms), channels or both. using channels has some hughe advantages because you can switch them easily. but even with channels you still have the open world feeling and you will see many other players. don't mix this up with instances. having channels is just a better crowd balance and will help you not getting stuck in crowded places.

#46 Thaiku

Thaiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

I really think realms are better than channels. It's more "real" feeling for me. If you go to a place, you se who is there, and there is not an parallel univerese with other people in the same place.
Suppose is just a preference thing, many like channels and many like realms...

#47 Tsujiko

Tsujiko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:08 AM

well, to each their own. Everybody has his own opinion.

I like the channel system. When you want to do things togethter, you go on channel one, there are always people.
If you want to be by yourself or hunt a speiacial monster, you can go on a less crowded chanel...
I don't like when there are too much channels, it feels somehow lonely on the channels then. But 3 to 5 is perfect for me ^-^

And one thing is great about channels: My boyfriends Comp is not the best one, so on less crowded channels he can play more smooth.@__@ So with just one big "channel" someone may have so much laggs, that he/she can't play at all.

But sure, I can understand people, who like to have one big server-world for the whole game.
nonetheless I hope we all can get along and have a nice time playing :heh:

#48 Flash2k6

Flash2k6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

I really think realms are better than channels. It's more "real" feeling for me. If you go to a place, you se who is there, and there is not an parallel univerese with other people in the same place.
Suppose is just a preference thing, many like channels and many like realms...

well there is "an parallel univerese".. you just can't visit it :P
but i don't want to argue about what is better or not i just wanted to point out that this won't change anything in your gaming experience as you said. there is no difference if you have 10 realms / servers or 1 realms / server with 10 channels as the amount of players around you will be the same ;)

#49 Thaiku

Thaiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:20 AM

If Gravity implement an open world pvp/pk system, we'll be all time swapping channels hehehe :), like TERA, i've played it and it's all the time swapping.
But yeah, doesn't matter, it's RO2 i'll play it even it's offline :D, it has not to be perfect ;)

Now i'm thinking more about the client download, if we are at 16th April and beta opens on 18th and there is not download link at the moment, the download server will be highly swamped :o

Edited by Thaiku, 16 April 2013 - 05:25 AM.

#50 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

In short we need a better way for players to communicate over a game service. There could be a way to manage the chat services based on the map location...which could cause the chat server/services to crash due to the loads.

However like with some FPS games that use the same channel configuration, we could set basic channels configurations such as:

General Chat #1
General Chat #2
General Chat #3
Guild Recruitment
Party Level 1-15 (Level Restriction)
Party Level 15-30 (Level Restriction)
Party Level 30-40 (Level Restriction)
Party Level 40+ (Level Restriction)

This allows for players to be focused on what social aspects they're seeking before they're even logging in.

There is a large pool to socialize in, a channel for Guilds to build their ranks and channels dedicated for people to find a party.

Edited by TheUraharaShop, 16 April 2013 - 05:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users