Before you make your main class, THINK! This is why. - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Before you make your main class, THINK! This is why.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

A lot of you already know what you're going to be playing / profession you're going to be heading on, but let me give you guys some advice or what I've seen from SEA myself.

Couple of things you should know -

PvE : 5 man ( Random Hard Mode ) Level 50
  • 1 Tank , 3 dps , 1 healer , ( note people might want 2 dps 1 sorc 1 healer ) * Reason for this is so that the sorc can " LOR " the tank / dps. ** LOR is a AoE heal Sorc has **
  • Swordsman can also tank and sometimes tank even better than knights? You might as why? Swordsman have more dodge than knights. Knights have Defense + HP, while swordsman have Dodge + HP.
  • Bringing a DPS Priest will kill your party. Look for a regular priest.
  • Ranged DPS is usually always wanted because they obviously do more damage than melee DPS. A regular party would usualy bring a ranger & sorc then 1 melee DPS such as Rogue or Sin.
  • Making a thief has it's pros and cons. People usually only want 1 almost never 2. There " OK " at Coliseum , but excel in 1v1. *** So what I suggest is melee DPS you guys host the party / q into RHD * Random hard mode ****
  • Random hard mode is where you get your blue gear , so you can advance to Raiding. Raiding is where you'll upgrade your gear even further.
10 Man Raid
  • 10 Man raid is where you get your Purple Gear , blue gear is from Random Hard Mode. You need full blue gear in order to survive in a Raid.
  • 10 Man Raid is usually 5k + HP Maybe 4k + , I usually recruit 5k + HP. You might ask why we need so much HP? Well boss's 1 shot and you have to survive those 1 shots as much as you can, and that's with HP. I recommend everyone getting 5 Scratch Thief + which is 21 vit . So you would get 5 of those because there is 5 slots. 5 x 21 = 105 Vit. Which is about 800 HP or 1000
  • The 10 man Raids are " USUALLY " made up like this this - 2 Sorc , 2 Tank ( 1 Knight 1 Swordsman or BeastMaster or Monk ) 1 Thief ( Rogue or Sin ) 2 Priests , and 2 Ranged DPS ( Wizard or Ranger ) and 1 other melee DPS usually Swordsman for the AOE spin. This is how it usually is this is how you basically beat every raid is with this set up . **** If you plan on making a Thief think twice in getting a good raid **** Not everyone wants a thief in there party.
  • Bring pots which can be crafted from Alch or buy some off venders, because the priest cannot heal everyone at the same time. You might say yes they can, but then I'll say it's a slow healing over time heal . Which will still kill you if you don't get another heal on. That slow heal will not save your life, and maybe the priest has more important people to heal other than you. An example of this would be healing Sorcs over thiefs.
  • Don't waste your Priest Res's on Melee unless they're stacked with equips that will carry you. Even Sorc Res's. Keep those res's up for other Priest's and Sorc's that might die and of course Tanks.
  • I would suggest using a voice chat such as Raidcall , Ventrillo or whatever you would like. People would listen to you other than typing during a fight.
  • Explain the fights ( boss fights ) to people that are new to the raid.
  • Upon the leader entering the raid portal everyone in the party will get a warp portal that will warp everyone that is in the party to the Raid Dungeon. In other words this means only the leader has to do work.
1v1 PvP ( Duel )
  • Rogue can triple stealth - > Regular Stealth during countdown - > Smoke bomb -> All Skills CD -> Smoke Bomb again . It's quite annoying to deal with even though I am a level 50 Rogue in SEA. And we have a self heal. That heals 100% for 5 combo points , 80 for 4 points . The more combo points you have the more you heal.
  • Priest's can heal for days and they can DPS. Good look trying to kill . I can say one thing though they're not invincible.
  • Sorc's are by far the dumbest class in this game. The lightning spear that they get basically hits for 80 % of your life. Other than that they can heal themselves and trap you . Some people would call this class a GOD class.
  • Knights they do ok , but not the best for PvP in general they excel in PvE
  • Wizards have teleport , they can burst you down
  • Sin's have a knockdown for days and they can stealth aswell. Have a Shield that decreases damage taken.
  • Swordsman have high DMG , and a knockdown. They're very good in both PvE and PvE
  • Ranger have a stun trap that stuns for 10 seconds ( lol ) ,and a backstep and a lot of DMG with DPS
  • BM"s all they have is HP , from what I see is that they suck at DMG
  • Monks are ok . They have a very high Burst Skill , but it takes 5 combo points to use.
Coliseum ( 30 man free for all )
  • There's a timer before you start fighting other 30 players around the world. These 30 players are from any class and you do not see there IGN.
  • Coliseum is where you get the best gear in the game ( In my opinion ) Purple gear with Purple Accessories. This gear has Extra Damage dealt in PvP
  • You can use pots in Coliseum to save your life , HP / SP / Speed Spot / Whatever you need to win.
  • Coliseum is consisted of rounds the more rounds you win the more " Blood points you get " -- Blood points are used to buy the Coliseum gear in Prontera.
  • Coliseum is based on rank , if you come in 8th and it's only 6th place or higher moves on then 7th and 8th places gets kicked outta of the Coliseum and you'll have to try again when Coliseum comes up again.
    You can also see the rank of 1st , 2nd and 3rd on top of the players heads.
    People usually kill those people because they give you more points.
  • COLISEUM IS A KS WAR. WHOEVER CAN KS BETTER WINS. Simple .
    Best KS'rs are Sorc's / Rogues / Sin's / Priest / Rangers
    USUALLY SORC"S
  • Even if you don't come in the place that you want to be in you'll get a box of participation and there are some goodies in there.
  • Sorc's / Rangers are OP dumb + more dumb . You will cry
  • There is also monsters that fight with you against the players, they spawn randomly and they attack you .
    If you cannot get kills for example a knight? They would kill the monsters in the Arena , those monsters will give you points and those points can maybe save you from getting kicked out.
  • Killing players gives more points than monsters,
  • Every first place in Coliseum gets a server message ( notice ) throughout the server saying congratulations for coming in first.
Profession
  • Alchemist - Makes pots and the stones to enchant your items . Without Alchemist's we would have +0 items. Alchemist's also make pots that the pot vender can't make.
    In terms of making money off players from your shop , not a lot of income.
  • Blacksmith - Creates Weapons from recipes that they get from Raid's and RHD. Those weapons are purple and are usually useful if you want to get ahead of the game instead of waiting for a drop from a Raid. They usually cost a bit to craft , and people charge you for crafting from them. *** These weapons are not much weaker than the Normal Raiding ones *** ---- Hardmode Weapons are far better ***-----
  • Artisan - Creates the Armour from recipes that you get from Raid's and RHD aswell , the armour is purple and if you want to get ahead of the game , for example you didn't what you wanted from the raid or like the piece never drops you can craft that sort of piece. They usually cost a bit to craft , but not as much as the Weapons . People usually take a charge for crafting from them. *** These armour are not much weaker than the Normal Raiding ones *** ---- Hardmode Armours are far better ***-----
  • Chef - Creates food that gives buffs for a certain amount of time . This is useful for killing stuff a lot quicker with buffs on you. Some example of buffs would be 1hr of extra crit.
  • ********* The best for making money and the worst ***********************
  • 1. Blacksmith
  • 2. Artisan
  • 3. Alchemist
  • 4.Chef
Thank you for reading what I have to say , maybe this changed some sort of ways you going on with your RO2 life.
If you have any questions or things I should add please post below and I will add thank you :DD

Edited by OneLastDance, 13 April 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#2 Gangrelwolf

Gangrelwolf

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

What about the warriors ? (Since I'm deciding between Knight and Warrior) As far as I could tell you mean warriors when you say swordman, but I wanted to be sure xD And thanks for the info

#3 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

What about the warriors ? (Since I'm deciding between Knight and Warrior) As far as I could tell you mean warriors when you say swordman, but I wanted to be sure xD And thanks for the info

Warriors is the pre class if I believe ,

It goes Warriors to Knights or Swordsmans

#4 Remuss

Remuss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

The Class profession is Swordsman then you either go Knight or Warrior :P

#5 Tiaryn

Tiaryn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

I really love this 'guide'. Thumbs up!

Explain the fights ( boss fights ) to people that are new to the raid.

This is a good point. Often people blame each other just because someone is fighting the first time vs. one specific boss.
Care about people so they care about you.

Just one question, what is 'Scratch Thief' ?

#6 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

The Class profession is Swordsman then you either go Knight or Warrior :P

Is it really, O_O . My bad then I mustve forgot.

#7 Rennie246

Rennie246

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

Well .. do keep in mind that this is based on the SeaRO2 and seaRO2 changed a lot of stuff from Kro2 they may or may not be changed on our version such as res cooldowns and some mobs stats, and i do belive sorc was nerfed on SeaRO2 so sorc may be even stronger on Iro2 then it was there.

#8 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

I really love this 'guide'. Thumbs up!

This is a good point. Often people blame each other just because someone is fighting the first time vs. one specific boss.
Care about people so they care about you.

Just one question, what is 'Scratch Thief' ?

/sorry for double post

Scratch Thief is a level 50 Monster that are found in fields where you hunt monsters, every monster drops cards.
According to the card the card gives stats. Scratch Thief , IMO is the best card in the game next to the COA cards that drop.

An example would be shown here,

Posted Image

Also you can combine 5 cards to make 1 card from the 5 even stronger this is what gives the card a (Normal + ) which indicates its fusioned with other cards.

Edited by OneLastDance, 13 April 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#9 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

As mentioned before, a lot of this is based off of seaRO2's mechanics. The composition of raids for example, are subject to rather significant chances depending on how iRO2's mechanics go. The raid compositions for example, are pretty rigid in the sense that 2 Sorcs are a necessity. Reasons for this include the need for more heals due to stronger bots and pot CD being higher, extra ressurections since the CD is so huge, etc.

I think, if the raids are weakened here, we could see some more flexible raid compositions, which I definitely welcome.

#10 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

Bringing a DPS Priest will kill your party. Look for a regular priest.

Do explain. That's quite a bold statement.

#11 Rennie246

Rennie246

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

Well for one there's absolutly no reason to bring a DPS priest over a Sorc, because sorc can heal priests are really expected to be main healers ,if they aren't then a sorc is just plain better.

#12 Remuss

Remuss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

It won't kill the party but people would prefer i better DPS class. I can say you will be able to go into raids and stuff with your friends/guild because they won't mind the decision you made on what type of build you are doing.

#13 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

A DPS or hybrid priest can afford to get the same core healing skills that a FS priest can. Skillwise, the difference is in their ability to handle emergencies, so a DPS priest wouldn't be as safe.

There are DPS priests who handle raids fine though. Many good hybrids say that people think they're FS until they say otherwise. And I've met plenty of FS priests who don't know what they're doing, then blame the party.
It really boils down more whether or not they're good players. Rejecting them all blindly is just a result of bad personal experience and social stigma.

#14 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Rejecting them all blindly is just a result of bad personal experience and social stigma.

That was my point in asking why OP worded his claim as such, and perpetuating "if you have a heal button that's your only job" stereotypes. Are Pure DPS, or even Hybrid Piests, as useful as a Sorc? Perhaps not, but it's no reason to throw them under the Bapho.

#15 Rennie246

Rennie246

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

That was my point in asking why OP worded his claim as such, and perpetuating "if you have a heal button that's your only job" stereotypes. Are Pure DPS, or even Hybrid Piests, as useful as a Sorc? Perhaps not, but it's no reason to throw them under the Bapho.

Well it sort of was for some ppl in SeaRO2 but that's mostly asiasoft fault for tempering whit the game to a point where the raid party structure became really rigid for most players, if we get a unmoded version then this won't be as much of a problem.

#16 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

As mentioned before, a lot of this is based off of seaRO2's mechanics. The composition of raids for example, are subject to rather significant chances depending on how iRO2's mechanics go. The raid compositions for example, are pretty rigid in the sense that 2 Sorcs are a necessity. Reasons for this include the need for more heals due to stronger bots and pot CD being higher, extra ressurections since the CD is so huge, etc.

I think, if the raids are weakened here, we could see some more flexible raid compositions, which I definitely welcome.

Usually everything that happens in SEA translates to NA, this is how it`s been and that`s how it`ll always be.
I came to this conclusion from playing SEA games then transitioning into NA version.

They think they can DPS while healing, it`s simple you can`t in a party.
You have to focus all your attention on healing simple.
Why would you pick a DPS priest over a FS Priest you wouldn`t, if I wanted a DPS priest I would recruit a Sorc.

#17 Remuss

Remuss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Honestly i don't need to worry that much... I will be Tank without a Tank you shall struggle so i have a easy life but for a DPS things will be difficult; they will judge your class and deny you if they dont want your class :P

Edited by Remuss, 13 April 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#18 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Honestly i don't need to worry that much... I will be Tank without a Tank you shall struggle so i have a easy life but for a DPS things will be difficult; they will judge your class and deny you if they dont want your class :P

Any sort of tank is fine, you can do everything as Tank . Winning in Coli might be a different story.

#19 Sunraiser

Sunraiser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server::LOtS - Odin

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

I specialize in hardcore nuking. DPS is my middle name! ^______^ Even though I prefer to solo, I hope I won't have a hard time getting a group for the instances that I need help or need to complete a quest.

People tell me I should go Wizzy, but they haven't seen me play my Sorc. *eyebrow wiggle* Back in RO1, my Battle-Sorc could out-DPS Wizzy class any day of the week.♥ :heh:

#20 Remuss

Remuss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

I might form a party for when beta starts if your intrested message me :D (taking any classes)

Edited by Remuss, 13 April 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#21 Rennie246

Rennie246

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

Usually everything that happens in SEA translates to NA, this is how it`s been and that`s how it`ll always be.
I came to this conclusion from playing SEA games then transitioning into NA version.

That's not really true for this game, Asiasoft themselves said the changes they made to the game was because they belived sea gamers were more ''Hardcore'' then others and as such they made the mobs stronger and they nerfed sorc to make raids harder.

Of course that was complete BS and it was to try and sell more CS res items.

#22 LastExile613

LastExile613

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

Couldn't transfer/trade rare stuff to any characters when I played seaRO. (only had 1 week experience)
Will it be the same here?

Edited by LastExile613, 14 April 2013 - 12:07 AM.

#23 nIXne

nIXne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

Nice informative post. +1

Edited by nIXne, 14 April 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#24 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

I specialize in hardcore nuking. DPS is my middle name! ^______^ Even though I prefer to solo, I hope I won't have a hard time getting a group for the instances that I need help or need to complete a quest.

People tell me I should go Wizzy, but they haven't seen me play my Sorc. *eyebrow wiggle* Back in RO1, my Battle-Sorc could out-DPS Wizzy class any day of the week.♥ :heh:

Sorcerers are still better at DPS Warlocks in RO1 are more AOE but their AOE are all the freaking window...

Anyway, sticking to thief/sin/artisan... my guildmates already decided their roles... at this point even my Noel class has been decided xD

#25 ItsFaulkenOMG

ItsFaulkenOMG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew World

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

Usually ranged class (not saying about all) dominates colo by 10:1 and I seldom see melee class on this type of fight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users