Before you make your main class, THINK! This is why. - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Before you make your main class, THINK! This is why.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#51 Shouichirou

Shouichirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationProbably at work.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin Ch.5/7/11 (RO2)

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

In COA ssin has a higher chance to get into parties compared to rogue, as rogue is dependent on using pots for the dps, but when fighting Aromine, nobody can use pots otherwise will wipe.

Well there is that, but another reason as to why Sins were preferred was also because back then people kept thinking rogue "used the yellow token" (shared with knight/sorc/ranger). Most of them preferred to take the assassin (blue), over the rogue ("yellow"*). Of course that was not true though

*I quote "yellow" because rogues actually need the "red token". A simple misunderstanding turned out to be a fatal burnout for those who chose rogue on the SEA version.

Another probable reason is due to [Shadow Armor] vs [Gangster Paradise] on situation-al sequences. For example;

- raid boss is about to dish out a 10k unavoidable AOE attack
- Both the rogue and assassin have 8k max hp
- Although [Gangster Paradise] can heal great amounts of hp, they will still die to said AOE
- As opposed to that, the assassin, can just pull a [Shadow Armor] and only take ~5k damage and still live the attack.

#52 KainHyrial

KainHyrial

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

And yet, assassin's still get crap for being assassins. Way of RO2.

Always annoyed me on SEA version when people would bash assassin's saying they are too weak. Yes, I laughed too. Weak? Nope, not if you actually put thought into your build, learn to play and also put lots of effort into maintaining great gear. That means it's a bad assassin player, doesn't mean the class is.

In my experiences in SEA, I would see assassins run head on into mobs/bosses like they were a fully geared and beast Tank. Assassin's aren't Tanks. These are the people that give rise to the hate that assassin's can't raid.
But on the other hand, I would come across assassins that knew what they were doing, had decent gear and have put time and effort into their builds. They would be excellent, and really make the team excel.

Sadly tho, I saw more Tank Assassins around.

Edited by KainHyrial, 16 April 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#53 Tsujiko

Tsujiko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:waiting for Ro2 launch

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

In my experiences in SEA, I would see assassins run head on into mobs/bosses like they were a fully geared and beast Tank.

I know that feeling @.@ and then they blame you(the healer), that they have been killed -.-)You are not a tank, don't intantionally pull all the mops, dammit >.<"

But as always: When you suck at playing your class, and not willing to learn how to play... It ends in disaster.
But assassins make good damagedealers I think^^. And when our mops aren't overpowered as in Sea, I don't see a reason not to invite thief classes to dungeons or raids. (As sorc. I like your crit buff ;P)

#54 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

It's really just your own preference of what you want to bring and what you don't want to bring

#55 KainHyrial

KainHyrial

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

think.. THINK!, How many twinkies has that hand taken. hundreds?, thousands!?, the cream of those you have gobbled down, infused your arteries, together with their vengeful calories, now, its in your bowels. The only real question is, who will die first, you?, or Hostess?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users