• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 johnegderp

johnegderp

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

What do you think the best build will be for someone who is new to these kinds of games? I am looking into being a Beastmaster and I was hoping for it to be a good combo for both group and solo work. :) Thanks!

#2 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

Every class is good for both group and solo, really.

Beastmasters are considered as main tanks and off tanks, depending on the situation. They're able to DPS some, but tanks and healers in these games are always short in supply, so you'll be expected to be able to tank.

That being said, Beastmasters are sturdy, and get at least this much for your skills:
http://www.ro2skills...html?107eFqB2n1
Ignore the top half displaying Archer skills. Once you advance to Beastmaster, you get a full skill reset and won't be able to use any Archer skills or even bows anymore.

Of the four tank classes, they have the most HP. You won't be loved as much as a Knight, but if you're good at what you do, then you'll be greatly appreciated. Especially by healers.

I think the best thing about them is that they can dance in their animal forms.

#3 Jourdonnias

Jourdonnias

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

In my opinion BM is best when you take advantage if the grizzly form, Tank for bms seems like the preferred route because with the huge hp bonus BMs have self healing skills that can allow you to pretty much solo bosses (just takes a while XD ) and take a little pressure of the Healers when in a party. The stat route i would go would be the 40 vit 40 str and 8 agi thats me personally but if you wanted i don't think maxing vit would be bad either. as for skills i would max grizzly form, that healing bite (name slipped mi mind) and survival also all the moves that give you beast power. except beast charge that is fine at lvl 1 i see little use for it after the initial atk if used as the first hit. um and anything else is up to you. also i find if you do the 40 40 8 combo you can max both grizzly and bear form so you can do both dps and tanking if you wanted just that bear form compared to other dps' doesn't seem up to par. hope i helped a little.

p.s. Max tiger form you wont have to buy a mount ;)

Edited by Jourdonnias, 13 April 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#4 johnegderp

johnegderp

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

Awesome! Thank you both so much! :D This helped tons!

#5 ItsFaulkenOMG

ItsFaulkenOMG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew World
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Beastmaster can be approached with TWO builds.

1. DPS
2. Tank

It's on the skills you choose and what's left is for cards/gears/stats/etc.
And there is no BEST build.

#6 Ethro

Ethro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Beastmaster can be approached with TWO builds.

1. DPS
2. Tank

It's on the skills you choose and what's left is for cards/gears/stats/etc.
And there is no BEST build.

well i played a beastmaster but dps? u are serious? the dps is a joke

your mainrole in raids will be the offtank role

i wrote a guide for u people who wanna become fluffy teddys :3

#7 Turniper

Turniper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

i played a bm in the sea version and personally i think they're the best ^_^
http://www.ro2skills...?106ceFrsdFnOrq
that was my mt build and it worked pretty well but the main problem came from building threat so ideally this would be a better build:
http://www.ro2skills...?106blfrFdFqCkQ
this slightly ups your damage skills and lets you taunt a bit more often (when boss aggro is being stolen every second counts.) frenzy is good for when the healer cant fully focus on you so you can use cruel bite more and feral defense is good in a pinch, especially since most bosses have an enrage timer and 80% wont help you there. beast charge is maxed because it's sometimes necessary to kite hard hitting adds (every boss in bapho H has one)

Edited by Turniper, 16 April 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#8 Ethro

Ethro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

tiger form is way better for add kiting than beast charge since most of the time on searo it posi bugged u
beast charge is more a gap closer ability!

Edited by Ethro, 16 April 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#9 Tiaryn

Tiaryn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

Hey guys,

as a tank beastmaster. What attributes should I rank up from beginning? STR? VIT?
I'm currently only level 8 archer and have 17 stats points.

#10 Leokimah

Leokimah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

You seem to get more out of stats like str and agi compared to vit. I ended up going 30 str, 15-20ish agi, and 4-5 vit on my beastmaster during the beta. I was able to very easily solo wolf cave at level 25 and izlude cave at around level 28 before i stopped playing. Also cards seem to give a ton of vit so you can just get your vit from those.

#11 Ethro

Ethro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

Hey guys,

as a tank beastmaster. What attributes should I rank up from beginning? STR? VIT?
I'm currently only level 8 archer and have 17 stats points.

go for str/agi u get way enough vit from cards/gear + vit is not a really strong stat since it only gives u 6hp (in grizzly form 9.6)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users