169 replies to this topic

#26 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

I think they do. Can't even tell if you're male or female until you drop that form.
Same deal with Beastmaster's forms.

#27 Akayo

Akayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLand of Confusion

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

I came across this image showing the transformations of the, soon to be added, Crescentia and Soulmaker.

Posted Image

Similarly to the Shadow Form, these transformations seem to be used whenever in combat. I think something even remotely similar to this (specifically the one on the right) would fit an Assassin quite well.

#28 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Wow, that looks fabulous. I wonder if the forms there are gender-specific. The left one has the idle pose of a female, while the right one has the idle pose of a male.
What does this transformation even do?

#29 Akayo

Akayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLand of Confusion

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Awake: Darkness - Increases the caster’s ATK and Movement speed by 10% and reduce all damage taken by 5%, whenever you deal a critical damage the armor of your allies will increase by 1%, can stack up to 10%.
Awake: Soulmate - Increase the caster’s ATK and Movement speed by 10%. Increase vigor for 5%, Whenever you critical you heal everyone within 10 meters by 2%

These are for skill level 1/3.

Edited by Akayo, 23 April 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#30 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

If Gravity is quick to change RO's Rune Knight sprites, perhaps they could do the same with RO2's Shadow Form?

We can only hope.

#31 nIXne

nIXne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

The aura idea sounds nice. It's rather dull to see every Assassin looking exactly the same. Though I get a feeling if some cosmetic change for this was implemented, it would end up in the Kafra Shop. :/

Only time will tell.

#32 Ethro

Ethro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

well since we have a nearly empty UI folder (except for the FONT that we are allowed to change) i think gravitiy is okay with us creating game modifikations like cosmetic stuff or UI changes (hell i want something like weakauras xD)
the only thing needed for us would be the code to write something :3

#33 lamak666

lamak666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBLR

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:18 AM

His looks kinda ugly to me. :wah: (Skinny horned wolf! WTF !) :p_omg: I know the assassins cant be cute in their shadow form but i think they need to change to something more nice like shadow cloud or something like that.

#34 dancingpanda

dancingpanda

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

Shadow form was the reason I wanted to be an assassin. I thought it looked cool when I saw it on another chara. Its different than other games I've played and since one could'nt just go to the item shop and buy it I would feel special. Still kinda do even now, but I could see how it would be annoying to spend so much time and money on armors just to have it be hidden by a form that never changes.

I think having an option like the hat/costumes would be a good idea, to just be able to turn the costume off but be able to keep the buffs...

#35 SeoulRin

SeoulRin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Im choosing between classes now as well, and I wanted to play assassin, but I also dont want to have to play all the time in shadow form. The cute fashions in this game, and the customization of them are a big draw for me in this game. Why would I spend money buying costumes and armor like 80% of the server if i never see them? I think Ill choose rogue for now..

#36 imperidal

imperidal

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:08 AM

This topic is the most true. I hate seeing my sin in that form almost all the time. I hope they change the form to something else that doesnt cover up 100% of our armor and weapon or an option to disable the visual of the skill.

#37 Mondaiji

Mondaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLutie
  • Server:Loki

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

I really dislike the dog form. I skilled it once and let it like that for now. I can't run around like that...

I came across this image showing the transformations of the, soon to be added, Crescentia and Soulmaker.

Posted Image

Similarly to the Shadow Form, these transformations seem to be used whenever in combat. I think something even remotely similar to this (specifically the one on the right) would fit an Assassin quite well.

I would still prefer my own character with its outfit. This one is better, no doubt about it, but it doesn't change the fact that i won't be able to see my own sexy character.. xD
Is this for the new classes? At least they look better than the stupid dog, but doesn't change the fact that we can't see our own character >_>

I hope they add a toggle on/off option just like the option for headgears for both~ qq

Edited by Mondaiji, 07 May 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#38 4196130101022707487

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

I just reached assassin and have to say that I am highly disappointed in this shadowform. At first it wasn't so bad.. but as others have pointed out I just can't stand going from putting the time into creating a character I'll never relate to again because everything I do is in shadowform. You took time to create and name a character, you take time to gear it up. And all the time invested in that is scene in some lame wolf form with no actual changes to appearance.

I think shadowform should have just given us some kind of smoke or shadow aura around them like the mobs in the Bio Labs had in the original RO. Give us something to make us ominous, but not wolf form.. I feel like Knight Blazer from Wild Arms 2.

#39 Hashios

Hashios

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

I just reached assassin and have to say that I am highly disappointed in this shadowform. At first it wasn't so bad.. but as others have pointed out I just can't stand going from putting the time into creating a character I'll never relate to again because everything I do is in shadowform. You took time to create and name a character, you take time to gear it up. And all the time invested in that is scene in some lame wolf form with no actual changes to appearance.

I think shadowform should have just given us some kind of smoke or shadow aura around them like the mobs in the Bio Labs had in the original RO. Give us something to make us ominous, but not wolf form.. I feel like Knight Blazer from Wild Arms 2.

This :rice:

+1

#40 xNPCx

xNPCx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

I would have to agree that the shadowform's visual is severly lacking and while I would prefer that they change it to something more like an aura, I would be satisfied if they just gave us the option to turn off the display like we can with helmets.

#41 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

I remember Sora's Anti-Form from KHII and it looked wild, yet he still looks like Sora. Maybe that's the kind of look we want?
Posted Image

#42 Eribus

Eribus

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

I was furiously playing this game ... until I got shadow form. At first, I was okay with it, but now I hardly want to play any more because it is so extremely unappealing.
I NEVER get to see my character. I hope this gets changed in a patch - it wouldn't be hard. Just change it to a different type of form that does not block out the character sprite.
Like give assassins some glowy shadow-fire animation on their weapons - Instantly better than the current shadow form.

#43 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

Sora's Anti-Form is awesome. I'd love an Assassin version.

#44 DorionFFXI

DorionFFXI

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

Played Assassin in RO1 and would love to do so again but this is painful.
Was kinda annoyed that my Monk's Steel Body had no persistent graphical effect but now I'm thankful.

All they need is a simple check box like the one for hats.

Would be nice if an Admin would acknowledge this thread so lets keep this bumped.

#45 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

I am picking to play a Rogue over an Assassin because of Shadowform's appearance

Toggle button for Shadow form please?

Edited by Dusk1PS, 10 May 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#46 Reppu

Reppu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

A toggle for the form itself would be acceptable. Don't just remove it.

In the end, forums are a vocal minority. Catering to the minority is never wise, but giving options always is.

#47 neko09

neko09

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

Oh come on, this

Posted Image

VERSUS [something like] this

Posted Image

Obviously we want the FIRST one. :P derpyderpderp
I wanted an Assassin but now THIS single thing about shadow form makes me think I'll go the rogue path instead...

#48 Tastey

Tastey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

The only thing i dislike of the shadow form is the head. Just make it human or "more" human under a hoody or smth.

#49 toskene

toskene

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

The only thing i dislike of the shadow form is the head. Just make it human or "more" human under a hoody or smth.

something like this but with the obvious skill of someone that knows how to work with something better than mspaint.... :heh:

Posted Image

#50 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Secretly, Wolf is Gravity's way of keeping sins in check. If they removed it/changed it for the better, the server'll be full of "lul assan so kewl ma DPS 9999 crit nub"

Basically, it puts off people to promote variety.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users