• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#151 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

How do you know a knight has aura shield activated? You just assume it. And if you're distrustful, just target the character and check the active buffs (because shadow form has a buff icon, right?).

him talking about knowing if an assassin even has the shadow form up but toggled off is completely different from a knight having aura shield activated. (unless you meant aura armor). either way in both cases, both would always have those skills activated. so there would be no guess work involved on his part anyway.

#152 Ihm

Ihm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RO2 : Odin

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

No. Do you change strategies based on shadowform assassins?

Shadowform is such a required buff that any assassin who doesn't take it is gimping himself. Almost every single assassin has the skill. It should be assumed that every assassin has it on, just like Mark of Genocide and Shadow Grasp.

Mark of Genocide isn't a required buff, the returns from it are low, but I'm not gonna get into a mathematical argument as to why that is.

Just to throw it out there though, if you could disable the look of Shadow Form, the buff icon would still show to your party.

#153 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:55 AM

Mark of Genocide isn't a required buff, the returns from it are low, but I'm not gonna get into a mathematical argument as to why that is.

Just to throw it out there though, if you could disable the look of Shadow Form, the buff icon would still show to your party.

Also true.

#154 6033130528200449697

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

to be honest, not only does shadowform NOT make any sense in lore, but also the fact that i'm a druid/shifter pretending to be an assassin in some gangly, ugly wolf unicorn get up, while at the same time hiding all my gear and progression, and the cute cat ears i got for 400z, among everything else, is really jsut a slap in the face. I rolled an assassin to play as an assassin. The iconic, and obvious class from RO1, and instead of that, I get to be some rejected disney villain lapdog with a forehead growth. I've put money into the game, I got my amazingly useful vip screen saver (because it sure isn't doing anything but taking up the entire screen), and really at this point, I don't even care, I shouldn't have to concider going and rerolling as a ROGUE just so I can play what I thought would be an ASSASSIN

I normally don't post things on forums, but this is outrageous enough that I think it deserves attention. the very fact that the problem exists is a fallacy, it should never have been in design that the assassin should be a shapeshifting class. if that's what the Developers wanted, then great! go make a shapeshifter class, advertise it, I might even play it! but don't take a paramount class, and ruin it's aesthetics (which is honestly one of the strongest parts of an assassin). make a toggle, or get rid of the shapeshifting, i can appreciate the lore of the shadowfiend, but I cannot appreciate the execution. Now, excuse me while I reroll a rogue and look cute ~ 'cuz not a wolficornofretardedgoodness.

#155 FenrisF

FenrisF

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

to be honest, not only does shadowform NOT make any sense in lore, but also the fact that i'm a druid/shifter pretending to be an assassin in some gangly, ugly wolf unicorn get up, while at the same time hiding all my gear and progression, and the cute cat ears i got for 400z, among everything else, is really jsut a slap in the face. I rolled an assassin to play as an assassin. The iconic, and obvious class from RO1, and instead of that, I get to be some rejected disney villain lapdog with a forehead growth. I've put money into the game, I got my amazingly useful vip screen saver (because it sure isn't doing anything but taking up the entire screen), and really at this point, I don't even care, I shouldn't have to concider going and rerolling as a ROGUE just so I can play what I thought would be an ASSASSIN

I normally don't post things on forums, but this is outrageous enough that I think it deserves attention. the very fact that the problem exists is a fallacy, it should never have been in design that the assassin should be a shapeshifting class. if that's what the Developers wanted, then great! go make a shapeshifter class, advertise it, I might even play it! but don't take a paramount class, and ruin it's aesthetics (which is honestly one of the strongest parts of an assassin). make a toggle, or get rid of the shapeshifting, i can appreciate the lore of the shadowfiend, but I cannot appreciate the execution. Now, excuse me while I reroll a rogue and look cute ~ 'cuz not a wolficornofretardedgoodness.

So awesome you feel so strongly about this, please post here: http://forums.warppo...ke/page__st__50 if you want to help fight our cause. Now that I got the founder title, I might follow your footsteps and reroll for a rogue myself because this is absolutely stupid. We aren't getting any indication of when there will be any changes, incredibly vague answers, and pretty much it seems we've lost this because we're either being kept in the dark or they're playing the waiting game, maybe we'll see something next year.

Edit: 7,000 views for this topic. SEVEN THOUSAND, and not even a proper announcement? :ani_glare:

Edited by FenrisF, 07 June 2013 - 01:40 AM.

#156 Ihm

Ihm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Server:RO2 : Odin

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

Maybe if you all played the game more and whined less on forums about the game, they'd be more inclined to update the game... I think this topics getting a bit stupid now...

#157 FenrisF

FenrisF

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

Maybe if you all played the game more and whined less on forums about the game, they'd be more inclined to update the game... I think this topics getting a bit stupid now...

Maybe if they updated the game we would play the game more. It's easy to play the circles game you know, and it's clear many people are frustrated at this. Besides whose saying that we don't play the game, I'm enjoying being a tank atm. :heh:

#158 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Even in the trailer they have assassin shown as an assassin, not as a shadow were wolf unicorn - and based on its gear, I'd a level 35 assassin minimum, so it'd have shadow were wolf unicorn by then.

Stop whining about whining. Go play the game. We will worry about the class that we play.

#159 KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

Ok time to be controversial for a second here. I actually like it *GASP*! Yep. Not a fan of the head cause it's a weird jakel unicorn thing but I like the way it looks in general. On that note, *FLAME SHIELDS ON!* Come at me bro :P

#160 MaliMalMal

MaliMalMal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, New York
  • Server:Retired for now

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:53 AM

Ok time to be controversial for a second here. I actually like it *GASP*! Yep. Not a fan of the head cause it's a weird jakel unicorn thing but I like the way it looks in general. On that note, *FLAME SHIELDS ON!* Come at me bro :P

I liked it too at first looking all cool and stuff, then I just started to get bored of the same look as I progress through the game.

#161 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

The thing about Shadow form is that you lose sorta a sense of progression from getting new gears and weapons. I know people that leveled all the way through 50 while still in the Job Class costume, but at least the weapon changes up.

Shadow form Assassin, pretty much from level 25(if you saved up skill points), you better get used to your new body. Cause you are going to look like that for the rest of your Assassin life.

#162 ShiningOni

ShiningOni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

if only shadow form looks something like this. lol at least change the head xD

Posted Image

#163 KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

I wouldn't mind if the head was changed. The rest of it is cool. I especially love the two scarfs. Really cool. Just the head parts that's kinda weird. Even then though I don't mind it.

#164 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

if only shadow form looks something like this. lol at least change the head xD

Posted Image

Looks like someone's been reading Code Geass: Shikkoku no Renya.

#165 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

I wouldn't mind if the head was changed. The rest of it is cool. I especially love the two scarfs. Really cool. Just the head parts that's kinda weird. Even then though I don't mind it.

So you want to spend the rest of the entire game looking exactly the same as every other assassin levels 25-50?

#166 KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

So you want to spend the rest of the entire game looking exactly the same as every other assassin levels 25-50?

eh I don't mind but then again, I'm a simple guy of simple tastes. I certainly wouldn't mind if the sin's shadow form was changed. (Except for the scarf effect. That's just gotta stay. It's just to cool) I'm just saying I do actually like the way it looks.

#167 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

u played ro1 u all looked the same lol it shouldn be a real issue lol

#168 ShiningOni

ShiningOni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

Looks like someone's been reading Code Geass: Shikkoku no Renya.

lol actually that came from a manga called Ratman xD

#169 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

CM update on Shadowform: http://forums.warppo...sin-shadowform/

#170 Akayo

Akayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLand of Confusion
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

The developers are working on a change that should be coming late summer. :)

As to what that change is, I don't know any details.

The developers have acknowledged our suggestions thankfully. Lets just hope the change is what we've asked for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users