Ethro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Hey Guys since i Played a Beastmaster on kRO2 and SeaRO2 i wanted to share my exp with those who want to be a fluffy Teddy *-*

I AM A BEAR!!!! The Beastmaster Guide
Posted Image

1:Stats
2:Skills
3:Role
4:Equipment
5:Cards

First of all if u choose to be a Beastmaster u have to know that ur main role in the game is being an offtank u deal decent damage but u will never reach the dps of a sorc or a ranger!
So you Job in Raids will be to deal damage in the Bearform waiting for the Boss to spawn adds that u Pick up ASAP the best way to get aggro from the adds is to switch in your grizzly form and use a Maestro Red Potion (heals u for 1.5k health without Vit Multipliers)
WTF? A Potion to get aggro? well yeah it sounds weird but thats how it works =/ in your grizzly form u get 300% extra threat and using a potion will give u threat (dumb system <.<) so u will get 1.5k x 3 threat on each add spawned.... that should be enough to have the initial aggro!
Further Instructions in section 3 (Role)

Stats:

Your Stat Build as an offtank will be

50str (maximes dmg/threat)
26agi (crit/dodge)
6vit (more hp (vit/hp scaling is to low to spend more points into vit)

Skills:

Your Skillbuild will be look like this on Level 50:
http://www.ro2skills...?106ceBrfrFrbeA

Skill Description:

Cruel Bite:

Awesome Selfheal 30beastpower heals u for 10% of ur max HP and deals sum dmg

Rage Smash:

Your Beastpoint Gainer :3

Fury Strike:

A nice Finishing move (BEWARE ONLY USE THIS IF U HAVE 50RAGE OR MORE AND U HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO BUILD BEASTPOINTS TO USE BRUTAL STRIKE)

Beast Lower:

Just a Taunt Ability

Bear Form:

30% more ATKpower do i need to say more baby? =D

Beast Tornado(optional):

3Target Hitting Aoe with extra aggro

Survival:

Well this is one of the best Raid cooldowns ever!

Frenzy:

No need to max since u get enough Beastpoints :3

Feral Defense:

Only Max it if u choose to become a FULL Tank (not the best choice!)

Wild Crush:

Beastpoint gainer + a nice Dot!

Beast Charge:

Bugged on seaRO :<

Grizzly Form:

Off tank ability to gain more threat!

Brutal Strike:

your strongest single target dps/threat ability!

Wild Impact:

10target stun and a little bit dmg

Role

As i said before your main role in a Raid is the job of an OffTank
Now that you Picked up the adds in a Boss Fight u have two ways to handle them!

1:
If the raid wants to kill them u just have to tank them so u get the aggro and then u use Wild Impact to Stun them.
While they are Stunned u can get of a beast tornado try to "tab" target switch and get off some Rage Smashes/Cruel Bites on the Targets if u are not fast enough with that use Beast Tornado on Cooldown and maybe a second Maestro Red Potion
Adds down? Back into Bearform (on seaRO this bugged your healthbar in the Raid Unitframe) and DPS the Boss

2:
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! =D
So you used your Potion and every Add wants to kick your ass and the Raidleader Decides to not sacrifice DPS on the adds (depends on the adds(very common tactic on the 5th Boss in the PvE Arena)) other tanks would be like FFS but well WE ARE BEASTMASTERS!
wait for your Raidleader to call and then Switch into Tiger Form and run circles to kite the adds.(dont forget to switch into grizzly from time to time to pot for new adds spawning!)

Equipment

Since the Vigor/Haste Gear was bugged on seaRO for Beastmasters(NO LOVE FOR TEDDYS Q_Q) and i dont know if it is wokring now on iRO2 u should use the Dodge/Parry gear!
With a decent Purple Geared Beastmaster u should easily reach about 8k HP unbuffed :3
Another good thing with this gear (even with blue gear) u can easily Tank a 5man Random Hardmode Dungeon.

Cards and Runes

You should try to get ASAP 5 Scratch Thief cards from the Road of Bless
THey are Dropped by Scratch Looter and are very easy to farm =)

For Runes u should pick a full Strenght Rune Build since it gives u Atkpower and Parry

well thats all Folks

i hope my bad english is not to confusing for you

ps: Yes this is my Beastmaster on the seaRO2 Einherjar server q.q

R.I.P. xxNoilane <3

#2 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Are you wearing CoA pieces? Body and pants at least? If they are, I really want to add that image.

#3 Ethro

Ethro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Yup this is mixxed gear from Coa,Bapho Raid,PvE Arena
the Polearm i am using is the one dropped from The Goblin Leader Outdoor Boss (SCREW U RAIDBOSSES FOR NEVER DROPPING A POLEARM!)

#4 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

Fabulous. I'll link to that image as an incomplete, female Beastmaster CoA sample then.

#5 jermsxd

jermsxd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Server:RO2: Odin

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Hey, can you add a skill build for lvl 25 because that was very confusing for me

#6 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

At Lv.25, when you class change, Beastmasters and Monks get a skill reset, because they can't use their Archer and Acolyte skills anymore.

#7 Ethro

Ethro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

hey jerm it depends on how u wanna play with ur beastmaster while lvling.

for example u can go straight for grizzly form so u can tank 5man dungeons but for that u have to sacrifice dps talents
for my first beastmaster i tooked this talent build at lvl25

http://www.ro2skills...ml?106cenaSdFqn

this build gives u all the important dps talents + cruel bite and survival for the smoothest and cheapest leveling exp u can ever get (selfheal master inc <3)

but if u decide u wann tank 5man dungeons u should pick this build
http://www.ro2skills...ml?106ceorfdnqn

u get the full grizzly powah rawr :3 + even more self heal since our self heal abilitys scale with our max HP

so the choice is up to you

#8 jermsxd

jermsxd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

hey jerm it depends on how u wanna play with ur beastmaster while lvling.

for example u can go straight for grizzly form so u can tank 5man dungeons but for that u have to sacrifice dps talents
for my first beastmaster i tooked this talent build at lvl25

http://www.ro2skills...ml?106cenaSdFqn

this build gives u all the important dps talents + cruel bite and survival for the smoothest and cheapest leveling exp u can ever get (selfheal master inc <3)

but if u decide u wann tank 5man dungeons u should pick this build
http://www.ro2skills...ml?106ceorfdnqn

u get the full grizzly powah rawr :3 + even more self heal since our self heal abilitys scale with our max HP

so the choice is up to you

Thanks, I think I'm going to go with the DPS build for now.. Only because there will be more than enough tanks running around since this is the beginning of the game. Also do you have a recommended job for BM? I went as blacksmith last time and it felt weird.

Edited by jermsxd, 18 April 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#9 Ethro

Ethro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:01 AM

well everything should be okay i prefer to stick to chef cuz the buff food is pretty nice :3

#10 Vakyrion

Vakyrion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

Archer Skills, skiped or only reserving points for beast master skills?

#11 Leokimah

Leokimah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

Your skills are reset when you change to beastmaster.

Basically level your archer skills however you want.

#12 Wandrin

Wandrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

Can you have more than 1 form up at a time??

#13 jermsxd

jermsxd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Can you have more than 1 form up at a time??

No, you can only have one up. Either Bear form (DPS+Attack Mode), Grizzly form (Tank mode with improved defense and hp), and Tiger Form (useless except for catching runners in pvp, kiting when tanks die, and the 50% movement speed which rivals some mounts).

#14 Wandrin

Wandrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

Why does this guide max all of them then instead of picking up more dps skills?

#15 jermsxd

jermsxd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

Why does this guide max all of them then instead of picking up more dps skills?

Because BM is not really viable as a DPS only class. It's DPS does not stand up to other classes while on the other hand if you go on as an offtank you could play as a tanky DPS which is much more useful.

#16 Aperture

Aperture

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

So did anyone find out if the vigor/haste armors are bugged in this versions as well?

#17 Nirrado

Nirrado

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

Is there any way to get your character model to stick over the bear models when using a form? It's a fun class so far but I hate giving up the aesthetics of my character :sob:

#18 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

Is there any way to get your character model to stick over the bear models when using a form? It's a fun class so far but I hate giving up the aesthetics of my character :sob:

Considering you can easily solo without being in Beast Form, yeah...

#19 Nirrado

Nirrado

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Considering you can easily solo without being in Beast Form, yeah...

Yeah but you can't tank for very long outside of Grizzly, and missing 30% attack power from Bear is sad =(

#20 toskene

toskene

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Does anyone have tank and leveling skill rotation suggestions and possibly suggestions for tanks to maintain agro while tanking regular dungeons?

Currently (at level 25 atm) I am just spamming Rage Smash(2/5) until max Beast Power and then chomping/butting heads with Cruel Bite(2/5) 3x to maintain health without having to pot or eat food between quest mobs.

Since I'm still brand new to the class I'm afraid to tank IC without really knowing what I'm doing. I have Beast Tornado(1/3) which I assume I should use as I pull a pack of trash mobs sort of like a swordie using Magnum Break to get threat on multiples.... the tab system is so broken that tabbing targets is frustrating but I'd still probably try to build threat little by little on each trash mob best I can. On boss fights I would probably use Rage Smash > Brutal Strike > Rage Smash > Fury Strike and repeat that rotation until the boss dies or is there a better way to build threat quickly early on? Just do BS over and over until threat is way passed what others in the party are at?

This is my current build at 25... http://www.ro2skills...ml?106ceBqPdFdA

I plan to max out Bear Form next for easier questing. After that should I max Wild Crush? Is Wild Crush better than Fury Strike while tanking dungeons?

-edit-
Figured out a better combo while grinding quest mobs... Wild Crush > Rage Smash til 100 BP > Fury Strike > Brutal Strike -- most mobs my own level die with that combo. Super fast leveling now. :rice:

Edited by toskene, 16 May 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#21 jermsxd

jermsxd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:24 AM

Well skills you need to have maxed are bear form, fury strike, wild crush, bear tornado (spam this and you're threat gaining monster), get rage smash to lvl 3, and you can choose between wild impact or feral defense. feral is probably better if you go full tank. i chose wild impact for the knockdown it helps in raids and pvp. I guess you an follow this order.

#22 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Looking to try a BM as my second somewhat serious char, seems awesome to run around as a bear and possibly tiger :)
I'm wondering about a few things though...

First off, it's been advised several times to max fury strike, but I'm a bit puzzled as to why. If you use it when consuming 50 BP, the difference between rank 1 and 5 is 60% or 71% damage, that doesn't seem very impressive, that's an 18% damage increase on a non-spammable skill for 4 skill points (or a 7.6% difference between rank 3 and 5 which is what I'm looking at in my planned build so far) . Wouldn't those skillpoints be better spent maxing rage smash since I'm guessing you'd spam that skill more to build BP? 4 points in rage smash gets you 6% extra damage while 4 points in fury strike gets you 11%, but if you use rage smash at least twice as often as fury strike, it seems like it would be worth it to me. Similarly, wouldn't the points be well spent in cruel bite either? Its damage is almost as good as fury strike without its usage of BP (which is not affected by the level of FS) but it's spammable and heals you (and heals more if it does more damage).

As for fury strike cruel bite, does it actually consume BP? The skill description says you require 30 BP, so I'm assuming that it doesn't consume it and you can spam it once you're over the threshold of 30 BP? And the same for brutal strike? Well not spammable obviously because of its cooldown, but it doesn't consume the 50 BP

I guess if the above works as I think and it doesn't consume, then I could see more value in maxing fury strike as, with maxed BP, you could combo 1 brutal strike and 2 fury strikes for 232% damage in a few seconds... Is that its value? Then again, with a rank 3 fury strike that would still be 222%...

Can anyone confirm if beast charge does work on this RO2? And is it any good?

If beast charge has no value, is Wild Impact good enough to warrant coming down the tree over two useless skills for?

Currently I've theorycrafted myself to this build:
http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0
Any comments on that, aside from my questions above?

edit: Eh, made a stupid mistake and said fury strike where I meant cruel bite :p_swt:

edit2: Crossed out some stuff to make it more obvious for new readers of this guide that my assumptions were wrong, see my post on the next page.

Edited by Finraziel, 26 May 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#23 Leokimah

Leokimah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

Fury strike is spammable you get a bonus in damage up to 50 BP. It consumes at least 50BP, but you can still spam the skill with 0bp.

#24 Aperture

Aperture

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Im lv45, going full tank. Or trying(No trouble yet)

All my attack skills, minus a maxed brutal strike, are all level 1. Ive thought about doing cruel strike, for the extra healing%, but ive yet to try it. I personally use beast charge quite a bit in colo, and i see it being HUGE in WoE.(PVP Build)

Ive yet to have trouble holding aggro on anything, even with a lv50 ranger in my party(I was lv43)

#25 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

Fury strike is spammable you get a bonus in damage up to 50 BP. It consumes at least 50BP, but you can still spam the skill with 0bp.

Yeah, but why would you? With both skills maxed, fury strike does 9% more damage than cruel bite, but the latter also heals you and drains your mana slightly less (though I guess that's probably not such a problem). That's why I'm wondering, unless you don't know what else to use your skill points on, if you shouldn't leave fury strike at one (I actually set it to 3 in my planned build because I didn't see a better way to spend my last 2 skillpoints).
I did see I made a booboo in my previous post though and I said fury strike where I meant cruel bite, meant to ask if you could spam cruel bite, not fury strike.

edit: Hmm, now I'm actually doubting maxing rage smash again... If you're constantly fighting, and if cruel bite and brutal strike don't actually use up your bp, then it may not be worth it to build up your bp with rage smash only to release the bp with fury strike again. Each rage smash gives you on average 10 BP, which when used for fury strike translates to 7% damage stored. Rank 5 rage smash + 7% is still significantly less than what you can do spamming other skills though...
But it also depends on how fast you actually can spam those skills, so I guess I'll just work on getting my archer to 25 and then do some testing on how these skills actually feel in practice and do some more figuring out on where I want to go with my BM.

Edited by Finraziel, 24 May 2013 - 01:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users