RO2: Gate of the World music - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RO2: Gate of the World music

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

Ahh, thanks to synesthetic for this! I've been trying to get the ykfan archive for ages (the only rip I could remember there being of GotW), but it seems like it's not readily available on the internet any more. :(

Ah, I just want to mention that Swamper is actually Numachi! ('numachi' (沼地) means 'swamplands' in Japanese, if that helps)

Sinkai (shinkai; 深海) means 'deep sea'. I think I would have preferred this for the Temple of the Sea God, haha. ;v;

I know! That ykfan collection just disappeared from circulation. All of the torrents and direct downloads I found for it had been dead for years.

Ohh, thank you for the headsup about Swamper. That clears up the confusion I had about it.

Paineity's YouTube of "Swamper" plays Sinkai. (So maybe his collection's missing the real Sinkai.)
I don't know Japanese, but through a Romaji translator I actually saw that "sinkai" is "deep sea", so it confused me why it would've been translated to Swamper in the OST.

#27 NeoSakura

NeoSakura

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationDragon Moon Empire
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

I'm somebody who has actually enjoyed GotW (or what could be experienced from it, anyway), and one of the things I enjoyed the most about it was the awesome music of Kanno Yoko / Gabriela Robin. I think it's actually my favourite score of her, so it's a real shame most of it was removed / replaced, considering how much work she must have put into it and how wonderful it turned out. At the very least, I hoped she'd stay with us and compose new stuff if Gravity thinks her music isn't fitting LotS. Then again I don't know how I'd feel if I put my heart and soul into something and then it's basically scrapped.

That's why I think it's very important to keep her music alive, even if little of it remains in the game. So a big thanks to those helping with that!

On another note, I'm more than glad to see they finally separated BGM and ambience. Not sure if it was originally so in kRO or if it was only a SEA thing, but I kept thinking that the one coming up with that sort of idea must have been a bit...silly, to say the least. So thumbs up for that!

#28 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

I'm somebody who has actually enjoyed GotW (or what could be experienced from it, anyway), and one of the things I enjoyed the most about it was the awesome music of Kanno Yoko / Gabriela Robin. I think it's actually my favourite score of her, so it's a real shame most of it was removed / replaced, considering how much work she must have put into it and how wonderful it turned out. At the very least, I hoped she'd stay with us and compose new stuff if Gravity thinks her music isn't fitting LotS. Then again I don't know how I'd feel if I put my heart and soul into something and then it's basically scrapped.

That's why I think it's very important to keep her music alive, even if little of it remains in the game. So a big thanks to those helping with that!

On another note, I'm more than glad to see they finally separated BGM and ambience. Not sure if it was originally so in kRO or if it was only a SEA thing, but I kept thinking that the one coming up with that sort of idea must have been a bit...silly, to say the least. So thumbs up for that!

I also believe it's important to keep her music alive. The community even has someone who is doing a custom BGM folder that includes her music for RO2, so they don't have to be completely lost!

#29 NeoSakura

NeoSakura

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationDragon Moon Empire

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

Right, I remember that. Totally can't wait for it, I think it would make playing even more fun~ ^-^

#30 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Seems like a waste to comission Yoko Kanno to compose for Gate of the World only to throw it all out for Legend of the Second. I'm sure they'll find some way to reuse them.

#31 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

I also believe it's important to keep her music alive. The community even has someone who is doing a custom BGM folder that includes her music for RO2, so they don't have to be completely lost!

Done with mine. Unless you meant Klyde's list of replacements. If so here is what he sent me:

East & West Mt. Mjollnir : Prontera Field
- Culvert Area & Dark Forests : Quiet Place

* Quiet Place plays outside the Culvert Dungeon, as well as were the Ambrosias are and Freyjan Warriors.

Prontera : Prontera Theme
- Prontera Castle : Prontera Castle

- Prontera Church: Church

South Plain : Clap & Walk
- South Plain (Mountain Side) : Stone Music

* Stone Place plays around Afanc area, as well as Blue Rackufs.

Izrud Hill : Imiru
- Izrud Hill (Forest Area) : Shelphy

* Shelfie plays around where the Spores are, in the forest area.

Payon Forest : Albrassia Field
- Payon Forest (Rift Area) : 5 Year War
- Payon Forest (Miho Town) : Stefan
- Payon Forest (Graveyard) : Mugen

* 5 Year War plays around the "Rift" area in the middle of the map, Stefan where the Mihos are, and Mugen outside of Payon Dungeon.

Maple Forest : Line Haluto

Divided Plain : Numachi

Alberta : Averro Reinhold
* I left this as is, since I thought it fit pretty nicely.

Verta Delta : New Cognito

Sogratt Desert : Sailing

Road of Bless : Hodo

#32 VriskaTsubaki

VriskaTsubaki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNifflheim
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin (?)

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

Thank you guys! this will make the playtime more interesting <3, cheers!

#33 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

I want my soundTEMP back :'(

But it's never going to happen

*nostalgia goggles fogging up*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users