• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jbreezy87

Jbreezy87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Hey all, Hope everyones excited for the Open beta on the 18th. First off, let me say I played a fair amount on the saeRO2 version and noticed a lot of the Aussies and them are having trouble holding threat. Due to real life i did not make it past 45 however i was having no trouble at all with this build
40str
40vit
8agi

The premise is to basically tank with aoe and cycle your taunts off cooldowns since speccing taunt gives it an 8 second cooldown at low levels i was doing fine keeping threat. I noticed everyones build was maxing bash and aura strike but i didn't deem these skills that necessary but then again most of the warriors were more OT/DPS

Thoughts?
See you all out there thursday leveing ^^

Edit: Other topic was lag, and i cant seem to link the editor url without it cutting out my post like the other one. :(
Editx2: There we go xD

www.ro2skillsim.com/class/war.html?10raeBeDqnaBedlf1

Edited by Jbreezy87, 16 April 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#2 EclipseofUrDeath

EclipseofUrDeath

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

i think u can just let the provoke go lvl 3 just let your threat build up at the beginning climb up and give the 2 points to the Parrying

#3 Jbreezy87

Jbreezy87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

I read on kro2 that 3 points into parrying is enough to get max parry (assuming high end gear) but I may take out two points from taunt anyways, since I read taunting when your top of aggro list does nothing but red pots still give you threat regardless of you being at full hp and threat or not. Maybe add some more points into bash or aura strike for some extra damage

#4 EclipseofUrDeath

EclipseofUrDeath

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

Yeah if u can't build agroo on ur attacks it will all be useless being an attack type since OP damager will catch up to ur threat then = fail

#5 LordLDF

LordLDF

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

I would get rid of magnum break as brandish storm is better in terms of attack and cooldown. Also I like head crush at one as I don't see 4 skill points worth 3% dot. I would max bash and aura strike as it will be your main attack combo when there is less than 3 monsters as well as help gain aggro from single bosses since you'll have increased DPS.

#6 RoronoaLance

RoronoaLance

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Server:Odin(iRO2)

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

hey i see your build and i though this build is not good enough to be a tank.
becoming a tank on a raid/party should have a threat like you said, but you still need to maintain your damage too cause
damage=/=threat
on raid people need fast damage too like killing raging boss.
if you make a good build with warrior, you won't even need provoke to out-threat people
here some build that i make on seaRo2 and never been out-threated by other people on same eq&lvl
http://www.ro2skills...dnrFdBqBkoedlf1

#7 Goobertron

Goobertron

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

As far as your stats, Warriors specialize in dodge/parry so i would reverse your agi and vit values. You'll get more than enough vit from equipment, titles, and cards to make up for it. As for the skills, Bash is your absolute go-to skill and needs to be at 5/5. This is what generates all of your rage and you will be spamming it non-stop so get the extra damage. Area provoke really only needs to be at level 1 and Provoke itself can be at level 3. Magnum break is only useful as a small area AoE and one rank is all you need should you chose to pick it up. Personally, i find it a solid skill early on and into mid-game as you'll likely be well into your 30's before you finish up with defender and the prerequisite skills for brandish storm. Quite a few of the earlier dungeons have groups of 3 or so mobs and the bosses will spawn 2-3 adds so it does very well at holding AoE early on. This also decreases your reliance on Wide Provoke. Aura strike needs to be at 5/5 as, again, it is one of your go-to skills and you will be using it quite a bit. I am not sure if roronoalance had a typo but in this game Damage does very much equal Threat so the higher your damage output the better your threat generation. And just an added note on Head Crush, you're spending 4 skill points to generate an extra 3% damage every 2 seconds or 1.5% dps so this is definentally not worth putting points into for any class or build really.

After those changes your skills should look more like this: http://www.ro2skills...dArFebqnaBedlf1

Edited by Goobertron, 21 April 2013 - 08:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users