5. Play Styles
6. Equipment
7. Cards & Runes
8. Professions & Guardian
9. PvP / Colosseum
10. Partying
11.Comparison vs. Other Classes

Posted Image

Hello everyone. I decided to make this guide to help out new players, as well as players who are familiar with the warrior class, but interested in taking it to the next level. This guide covesr pretty much everything involving the warrior class.

This guide is based off of personal experience, with a minimal amount of theorycrafting, so rest assured that most of the concepts here are tried and true!

Special thanks to RO2Base and RO2SkillSim for the simulators, and Klyde for the awesome graphics.

Posted Image

This is a section for the tl;dr people, or the ones who just want a quick reference for a build. No worries, I won’t hold it against you if this is the only section you’re interested in. ;D

Why a Warrior?:
  • Best at Off Tanking (With the potential to be the best at main tanking)
  • Well Rounded
  • Giant Sword (Duh)
Why not a Warrior?:
  • Takes a lot of work to become a viable main tank, compared to other tanks, due to being fairly fragile early on.
  • Will never be as strong as the other DPS classes
  • Not very high in demand when it comes to parties

DPS Build: 3 Free Skill Points, Hit/Vigor Equipment
Main Tank Build: 4 Free Skill Points, Dodge/Parry Equipment
Off-Tank Build: 5 Free Skill Point, Dodge/Parry Equipment

Note that these build skeletons are generalized. For variations and explanations, as well as suggestions for where to allocate the free points, check the respective sections.

Posted Image

As long as you’re putting stats in the right place (Str/Vit/Agi), you should be alright. Tank builds can have any combination of these stats since all 3 benefit defensive capabilities (Parry, HP, and Dodge respectively). DPS warriors have a little bit more reason to stay with Str/Agi, but it’s not a big deal.

Full Str/Agi: 40 Str - 40 Agi / 8 Vit
Full Str/Vi t: 40 Str - 40 Vit / 8 Agi
Hybrid: 33 Str / 33 Vit / 32 Agi
Hybrid II: 35 Str / 35 (Vit or Agi) / 25 (Vit or Agi)
  • Vit is a Polarizing Stat: Many would agree that vit, as a stat isn’t very good at 5 hp per vit. Hence why many tank players go Str/Agi instead of Str/Vit. While one can argue that 100 or so hp is the difference maker when surviving boss AoE, take into considering that vit is the most VISIBLE stat. Many players set an HP limit for their raid parties. (For example, a minimum of 5k hp for DPS and 5.5k for tanks for Raid [x]). Vit helps a lot more than you might think.
  • Difference between Hybrid I and II: The first build is balanced, solid choice. Hybrid II leans toward more Agi or Vit, taking into considering that 35 is where stats starting cost 8 points instead of 7.
  • I’m not a fan of 40/40/8 builds: I added this mainly for DPS warriors who want to reach specific milestones, or for people with a strict preference to specializing in stats. But generally, its a good idea to take advantage of the fact that early stat points are cheap! This is very relevant to warriors, since they benefit directly from all 3 stats. II changed my build from a 40 Str / 40 Agi build to a 3x/3x/3x build and I didn’t really notice a drop in terms of damage output, while the 120HP helped me in more ways than one.

Posted Image

DPS Build: Your main task should be maximizing damage output. Hence, all the main DPS skills are maxed. Tension Relax is a must have skill for any warrior. You’ll have 3 skill points to allocate freely, here are my suggestions:

Posted ImageBattle Tactics: This skill gets a lot of hate, because INT and Warriors are so far apart. it just feels “weird” getting in for a warrior class. We don’t use it for anything else, and we rarely get INT bonuses from our equip. However, there are plenty of opportunities for you to increase your int. Cards, Titles, Runes, Accessories, Wizard Buff, to name some. This set up becomes more and more viable, the further you progress in the game.
Posted ImageBrandish Storm: It makes sense, an AoE DPS skill for a DPS class. So why isn’t this maxed as part of the core? The main reason is that you should be killing things 1by1. If you AoE, it increases your threat towards the mobs, and if your tank is only handling 1 mob, there’s a good chance they’ll go to you, which is something you don’t want as a DPS. However, it does see some niche uses, and you don’t have many options to begin with..
Posted ImageBattle Leap: Leveling it isn’t for the damage increase, but the utility that comes from a lower CD. You can use battle leap to escape, or knock down a group of summoned adds.
Posted ImageParrying / Endure: You can utilize this as a miniature clutch defensive option. Many times, you’ll be faced with an issue where you can’t avoid an AoE. When Tension relax isn’t enough, this can help you survive it. Feel free to tweak the core build in order to incorporate this. One thing that warriors have over their melee counterparts is the ability to be sturdier ;]

Main Tank Build: You’ll have 4 skill points to allocate freely. There’s really not much you can do with them, but here are my suggestions:

Posted ImageParrying: Wait, a tank build without max parry? Thats right. The reason being is that the “Natural Parry Cap” is 70%, which tank warriors will reach eventually. At lv4, the % increase is already 32%, which is enough to carry you to 100%. I put this as a suggestion since 70% is still pretty far, since its pretty easy to get to 60, but kinda hard to get to 70.. Once you pass 60%, that 5th point in parrying becomes more and more unnecessary.
Posted ImageProvoke / Wide Area Provoke: The cool down decrease is good for added utility to help you maintain threat, in case your DPS is overtaking you.
Posted ImageBattle Tactics: Helps build threat, makes use of accrued INT that would have otherwise been completely useless, definitely a viable choice, especially once you accumulate enough int.

Off Tank Build: This is the Off Tank build I’ve been using, and I’ve had great success with this build, not only as an Off Tank, but as a Main Tank as well. Key difference between this and the MT Build is that it has Max Brandish Storm (This is because one of your main tasks is to handle summons and adds, so you’ll be using this often, so max lvl is a good idea) and only lv4 Parrying and Lv5 Defender. You only need 1 Defense buff for emergencies. The reason I chose parrying over endure is simple, because of the cooldown. You’ll be using Parrying as a clutch defense to hold a flurry of damage (From adds before you down them, or from temporarily holding bosses while the main tank is being resurrected). Having it up asap is important, because you need to be able to quickly respond to the situation. You have 5 free points to spend freely, here are your options:

Posted ImageEndure: With this, you’ll pretty much be the same as the main tank build,but with extra AoE capabilities.
Posted ImageBerserk: How about some more offense? Berserk mitigates you -10% for defender, giving you some flexibility towards the damage you dealt. More consistent DPS overall, compared to your other offensive option.
Posted ImageRage Strike: How about another route of offense? While Berserk is more consistent for of increasing your damage output, Rage Strike provides an excellent form of Burst Damage that Warriors need, especially in PvP Coloseum.
Posted ImageAura Blade: Not the best idea, but it works as a way to control your threat, and allows you to swap as an Offtank and Psuedo Melee DPS when the need arises.
Posted ImageBattle Leap: One of the best utility skills in PvE. Used to knock down a group of summons, escape from an AoE (Which you’ll need since youre squishier than a Main Tank), or save an ally from certain death.

Posted Image

This section will talk about knowing your role, and how to play it properly!

DPS Role: Probably the most straightforward. Get in there and do as much damage as you can. However, I -do not- recommend going full DPS as a warrior. The reason being is that you won’t be able to out DPS the other melee DPS classes such as Rogue and Assassin. Slots for “Melee DPS” classes are very few, to begin with in raids. Feel free to, but it might be a difficult road unless you have a guild or pre made party to help you out. Here are the general tips:
  • Your skill rotation will be to use Bowling Bash and Rage Strike whenever its up, and Bash/Aura Strike whenever possible. (Note: There’s a known bug with RageStrke, where it consumes all your Rage when hitting multiple monsters)
  • Always have your threat meter up. You don’t want to out DPS the tank and steal aggro. Especially true when using brandish storm.
  • Have Tension Relax ready in case you can’t avoid an AoE. This is because hea;ers won’t prioritize you when healing.
  • Prioritize killing adds 1 by 1.

Main Tank Role: By the time you get to a point where you can main tank consistently, you should already know everything there is to know about tanking, trust me. But here are some tips:
  • Know what you can and cannot tank. This is especially true right after you hit 50, during the Random Hard Dungeon phase.
  • Always have your threat meter up, you should be at the top of the list. If someone outranks your threat, act fast before the boss switches targets.
  • Use Potions to accumulate threat.
  • Alternate Parrying and Endure so that you have one or the other up a majority of the time. Or use both at the same time during critical moments.

Off Tank Role: This role is actually a bit more complex. As I mentioned earlier, your job is to handle adds, but you also have to be able to pick up the boss in case the MT dies. On top of all this remember that the healing priority will go to the tank, and not you, so you have to be extra careful.
  • With only my Off Tank, I saw myself being able to out-tank other MTs (thats just how awesome warriors can become). Which is why its important to pay attention to your MT when you are playing OT. Find out how they do it, because at one point or another, you’ll be doing that as well.
  • Use your battle leap to jump to your allies when adds are summoned on them.
  • Utilize brandish storm to quickly draw aggro from adds.
  • Manage your Rage carefully. There will be times when you need to have it near max, in case you need to use tension relax. Throw a few aura strikes when its 100, but remember that you need tension relax as a clutch heal during critical moments.
  • Your threat should be second, right below the main tank, but above the DPS. This is important and sometimes hard to maintain, but if your positioning in the threat ladder is incorrect, you won’t be able to take control of the situation if the Main tank dies.

Posted Image

Gear Progression: Prior to lv50, it doesn’t matter what equipment you get. Once you hit 50, you’ll follow a pretty clear path, going from 1 set to the next. Feel free to mix and match between sets of, but try not to skip steps too much. Your raid raid members won’t be too happy with you if you’re a DPS class with only 4k HP, since you didn’t bother to do more Random Hard Dungeons. Feel free to use the chart below to help guide you.

Posted Image

Note I won’t go into detail about specific drops, or recipes. That’s reserved for a separate Dungeon/Raiding Guide.

Posted ImageGreen Equipment: RHD is no walk in the park. I’ve seen many players skip this and go straight to RHD with lv 4x equipment, or worse, lv3x equipment! If you choose to skip this, you’re gonna have a bad time.
Posted ImageGoblin King Sword: This is an optional step, but many do it because it’s so convenient. While not as strong as RHD Weapons, Goblin King Weapon is a good pit stop to upgrade your weapon.
Posted ImageRHD Sets: Random Boss Drops, or from OBB. Decent, Slotted Equipment.
Posted ImageRaid Sets: Bosses drop tokens of varying colors. Details aside, players trade these tokens for corresponding equipment. The later Raid Sets (Culvert of Abyss and Above) that grant set bonuses as you complete the set (For example, Having 2 Pieces will grant % Haste bonus).
Posted ImageColosseum Set: A very strong set, that can be worked towards as soon as you can enter the colosseum. In terms of strength, matches that of CoA. While it lacks the set bonuses, the Colosseum set features PvP Damage Increase/Reduction bonuses.
Posted ImageCrafted Sets: Crafted sets are a lot harder to obtain, since the materials for making them are rare, but the recipes are even rarer. However, they boast a huge increase in Vigor/Haste or Parry/Dodge compared to other sets, and they tend to have 1 more rune slot.
Posted ImageOther sets worth mentioning: There are also lv50 Epic/Blue Field Sets and Victor Points I, II, III sets. They all have their purposes, but they’re isolated cases. You’ll learn about them on your own eventually.

Haste/Vigor Set Vs. Dodge/Parry

Each set of equipment has two types. One for that grants Haste/Vigor and another Dodge/Parry. It’s pretty straight forward as to which build should pursue which set. This is important because its where tanks will be getting a significant amount of their parry, so don’t make a mistake and keep the wrong type of equip.

Posted Image

Cards generally have a similar progression as equipment, but it’s a bit more linear. Once you hit 50, the only cards you should be attempting to get are:

Posted Image Scratch Thief Cards x5 or Scratch Thief Cards [Normal+] x5 if you’re rich. You’ll be stuck with these for a while, since there’s nothing thats much better until..
Posted ImageCulvert of Abyss Sets. This is where “Set Bonuses” from cards actually make a huge difference. Work towards one of these next.
Posted ImageSome other cards to consider would be Garbong for DPS, and Poisona Cards for those utilizing Battle Manual.

Runes are pretty straightforward as well. Go for the runes for the stat that interests you. Note that “Enhanced” runes come from the cash shop. The highest an artisan can craft are +5. In order to put runes on your equipment, you need to use a Hole Driller (Crafted by blacksmiths) on equipment with rune slots.

Posted ImageStrength Rune: Decent early, but take note that once your natural parry hits the 70% cap, you only get damage from STR, making it only half as useful.
Posted ImageDexterity Rune: AGI is good for both offensive (Crits) and Defensive (Avoid) reasons.
Posted ImageHealth Rune: You can never have enough HP! Note that the runes are called “Health” runes, but they actually give VIT, and not just 1 Health.
Posted ImageIntelligence Rune: For those utilizing Battle Tactics, this is a good opportunity to get a good chunk of INT.

Posted Image

Choosing a profession isn’t too complicated. Its more of an economical preference really

Posted ImageBlacksmith is an obvious choice right off the bat, as it allows you to create all your equipment. This is devalued because most are crap until you start finding epic recipes at lv50.
Posted ImageChef is also a great choice because they can make buff foods (one of which increases dodge/parry, while another increases haste/vigor).
Posted ImageAlchemists makes the strongest pots in the game, enough said.
Posted ImageArtisans, I really wouldn’t suggest it for warrior, but its worth nothing that its one of the easier job professions to level.

Guardian Tips:
  • They all do the same thing, besides look different.
  • Use to increase your running speed during your travels
  • Use it right before a tension relax, or a priest’s resurrection, so they can share in the CD reduction.

Posted Image

You’ll generally have a tough time in PvP. While DPS Warriors are pretty capable, Tank and OT builds especially will lose most of their matchups. Colosseum, while not impossible, is also gonna be fairly difficult. Here are some tips:

Duels: Note that this is assuming the two players are equally geared, and skills are generalized. The outcome of duels differs greatly depending on build and skills.

Posted Image vs. Assassins: Expect to lose most of your duels against assassins. I can’t really give too much advice against assassins, its basically take their damage and hope you can dish out more.
Posted Image vs. Rogues: Another really tough match up. A few tips include using your Brandish Storm to knock them out of hiding, or to use headcrush (The DoT will prevent them from hiding). If they pop gangsters paradise, judge whether or not its best to try and out damage their heal, or to avoid them until it runs out. Prolonged battles are not recommended, since their DoT Heal has a shorter cooldown than your tension relax.
Posted Imagevs. Beast Masters: Not a bad match up. Pretty even on both sides. Treat this as you would a regular a Bigfoot mob, tank and spank!
Posted Image vs. Rangers: Another unfavorable matchup. OT/MT builds will lose 99% of the time due to snares. DPS Warriors have the ability to catch them off guard, by chaining your stuns together, before they can snare you. But, prepare to be kited.
Posted Image vs. Sorcerers: Ranged DPS is always going to be a problem. Their main advantage is the ability to do up to 4x damage on you with their combo. Anticipate it with a well timed parrying/endure/tension, and hope you can survive past the first frost diver. As usual, prepare to be kited.
Posted Imagevs. Wizards: They don’t have the same amount of bursts as Sorcs, but they pose the same threat as all ranged DPS have. They also have the ability to wait out your berserk or early tension relax with icewall, so be weary.
Posted Imagevs. Knights: It’s pretty even, with warriors having the slight advantage. As with other tank classes, tank and spank away.
Posted Imagevs. Warrior s: It’s all a bout skill and luck here! A few tips is to make him waste his tension relax. If he pops while he’s around 60% HP, kite him until it runs out.
Posted Imagevs. Priests: Over here, it’s all about doing more damage then they can heal, while hoping that you can get it done before they whittle down your hp. DPS Priests, with their multiple DoTs and decent damage will usually be able to pull that off. A good tip is force them to use their high cd skills such as full heal, then burst them down with berserk + Battle Leap + pommel strike.
Posted Imagevs Monks: This is the one tank class that you simply can’t treat as another mob. Their Asura Strike + CD Refresh means you’ll be eating two Asura Strikes for around 2k~3k each. Timing here is key. Use Parrying/Endure when you know its coming, and you’ll have a better chance of coming out on top.

Posted ImageThe Colosseum: You should attend the colosseum whenever possible, as its the only way to obtain the Colosseum Equipment. Understand that Warriors are in the lower tier, when it comes to doing well. However, it’s not impossible, as I’ve managed to win Champion 4x as a warrior. Here are some tips to help:
  • Avoid “Time Sponges”. These are classes that take forever to kill, usually tank or high sustain classes such as Priests, Knights, Tank Warriors, Beastmasters and Monks. The only exception is when multiple others are attacking that target, and you think you have a shot at taking the kill.
  • Kill Steal! When possible, steal as many kills as possible. Know the timing and damage output of your skills, to maximize your chances of going through. Use Battle Leap to KS as well, which can be used to not only knock down your target, but knock down the players around him are trying to get the kill.
  • Kill Mobs. Sometimes, 1 Colo Mob is what separates you from being eliminated and going through to the next round.
  • If you’re being targeted, sometimes its better to accept death. Running around just wastes your time. Die, come back and resume trying to get kills.
  • Kill the porings. It’s a gamble, but those buffs will usually net you at least 1 kill.
  • Save up your wind elixirs for this moment. This is a huge difference maker.

Posted Image

I love soloing, and after reading the forums I see a lot of people feel the same way. And I solo’d pretty much all the way to 50, and it was a pleasant experience. But after that, you're soloing days are pretty much over. All Raids/Hard Dungeons cannot be done solo.

This section addresses what to expect as a warrior when it comes to parties. It answers the common question of “How hard is it to find a party?”. Unfortunately, the outlook isn’t too good. In short, Off tank warriors will be able to find parties in dungeons where OTs are appreciated (Baphomet, PvE Arena, etc.), Main Tanks will find it difficult to gain trust until they’ve proven themselves, and DPS warriors will find it difficult to find a party in the stronger raids. Overall, Warriors simply aren’t in demand.

Fortunately, I’ve never had much of problem with this. Here are some tips to help you:
  • Guilds help. You can’t expect a guild to babysit you, but it helps you get into parties. So find a good one.
  • Can’t find a party? Start one. It works really well, as there’s usually a number of people looking for parties at a given moment.
  • Do a good job at what you do. When you do your role right, people in your party will notice. and when they notice, they’ll add you on their friendlist. Next time they’re running a party and need someone to fill a specific role? They’ll think of you. That’s how you build a raiding network, and that is why I never had a problem finding a party, even without a guild.

Posted Image

A lot of the questions involve “How does a warrior stack up against class x, or class y?” This section will address just that!

As a melee DPS, the only 2 classes you can compare yourself to are Assassins and Rogues. In terms of damage, you’re out classed, sorry! One thing you do have, as I mentioned before, is the potential to be a sturdier (therefore more consistent in certain dungeons) form of DPS. This just means one less thing to worry about for your healers.

As an Off Tank, you are #1. Monks and Beastmasters have very poor mob control due to a lack of AoE. While knights have a similar AoE to yours, warriors can move while casting brandish storm, and knights cannot. This makes kiting and maneuvering possible, thus making them the best.

As a Main Tank, warriors have the potential to be the -best-, but it does not make them the better tank. The monk/BM/Knight class have skill sets that allow them for safer tanking right from the start, whereas a warrior tank can potentially the best, but requires a lot of hand holding and commitment to get there. Go here for an insightful discussion concerning this point.

Posted Image

Edited by StryfeK, 18 April 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#2 rollchan

rollchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Very nice in-depth guide, looks very nice too, with pics and everything :P

Although on a new server getting a lv50 greens might be difficult though, finding it yourself can be a pain since the drops are pretty much random.

Oh and if you don't mind can I borrow your "gear progression chart" for my guide? cheers!

#3 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

Very nice in-depth guide, looks very nice too, with pics and everything :P

Although on a new server getting a lv50 greens might be difficult though, finding it yourself can be a pain since the drops are pretty much random.

Oh and if you don't mind can I borrow your "gear progression chart" for my guide? cheers!

True, drops are indeed random. That's why I didn't really include the Field Lv50 Blue/Epics such as Tyrant, etc.However, greens a lot more common. You can expect to get a few drops while completing quest at road of blessed, on the way to 50, which you can trade for. While it's true new servers will have less items in the market, most people won't be ready for RHD until then anyways. Farming greens isn't too "out there", especially since the minibosses in that map drop them at a decent rate.

As for the green progression chart, I don't mind as long as you credit Klyde and myself. Have fun!

#4 Ethro

Ethro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

Will never be as strong as the other DPS classes

thats a lie i played a FULL DPS Warrior on seaRO and i was able to out dps other classes!
maxing bowling bash for a dps build is also a waste of 4 points the dmg maxed is lower then a lvl5 bash dmg the only thing bowling bash is good for is the higher rage gain thats it

so if u wanna post a full dps build u should put this into your guide
http://ro2base.com/b...310552.22310552

u have to go for battle tactics and an int/crit build to be a killer

its hard to gear cuz u need high int/agi cards/runes but after u got everything u want u are an unstopable killing mashine

Edited by Ethro, 18 April 2013 - 04:59 AM.

#5 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

thats a lie i played a FULL DPS Warrior on seaRO and i was able to out dps other classes!
maxing bowling bash for a dps build is also a waste of 4 points the dmg maxed is lower then a lvl5 bash dmg the only thing bowling bash is good for is the higher rage gain thats it

For one, you shouldn't be comparing DPS to other ranged classes regardless. Now, if you're talking about the 2 other melee DPS classes (Rogues and Assassins), assuming both are equally equipped, DPS Warriors will be hardpressed to out damage the two. I changed to Full DPS Occasssionally (Along with the required hit/Vigor equipment set) set for PvP, and its a pretty noticeable difference, but not in the same caliber as a properly DPS spec'd Sin/Rogue. I'm not saying DPS warriors are dramatically weaker than their melee counterparts, and it's definitely a viable route. But that's just how it is.

To re-emphasize, the main problem with DPS warriors is that it will be difficult to find a raid party. Sins/Rogues already aren't too high in demand (Usually being 1 or 0, of either class), a DPS warrior is in even less demand then that.

so if u wanna post a full dps build u should put this into your guide
http://ro2base.com/b...310552.22310552

u have to go for battle tactics and an int/crit build to be a killer

its hard to gear cuz u need high int/agi cards/runes but after u got everything u want u are an unstopable killing mashine

As far as the build you posted, I have nothing against its a solid DPS build, except for not maxing tension relax. In various raids, especially as a melee DPS, your heal priority will be lower than the MT and OT. And while endure is a great defensive option to increase survivability, there are certain situations where a huge percentage heal is necessary. For example, if you get hit with an AoE + DoT (Such as Baphomet or Ratmaster) or getting caught in a snare, forcing you to take damage.

Bowling Bash is arguable, as BB was never meant to outdamage Bash due to its CD, but it should be used whenever its up to increase rage. Maximizing damage potential means increasing damage output when possible. Is it necessary? No, and it's something you can definitely remove to include more defensive options (As I noted in the guide).

Edited by StryfeK, 18 April 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#6 Ahjussi

Ahjussi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationFany's Lips

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:00 AM

@Stryfeeeee!!

There seems to be a small typo in your "Lvl. 50 Gear Progression" diagram where it says "Culbert of the Abyss" ehehe..

Fanytastic work on the guide! :D

#7 rollchan

rollchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

True, drops are indeed random. That's why I didn't really include the Field Lv50 Blue/Epics such as Tyrant, etc.However, greens a lot more common. You can expect to get a few drops while completing quest at road of blessed, on the way to 50, which you can trade for. While it's true new servers will have less items in the market, most people won't be ready for RHD until then anyways. Farming greens isn't too "out there", especially since the minibosses in that map drop them at a decent rate.

As for the green progression chart, I don't mind as long as you credit Klyde and myself. Have fun!

Thank you!

I have a question for you though, as a warrior, have you ever tried using a knight before? what's your opinion about them? :P

#8 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

@Stryfeeeee!!

There seems to be a small typo in your "Lvl. 50 Gear Progression" diagram where it says "Culbert of the Abyss" ehehe..

Fanytastic work on the guide! :D

Aha thanks for spotting that! I've gotten so use to the other localization that I'm suprised I haven't made more lol (Like Kafra being Khara, etc) xD. I'll fix it soon~

Thank you!

I have a question for you though, as a warrior, have you ever tried using a knight before? what's your opinion about them? :P

You're welcome!

Although I have played them, I haven't played a Knight enough to form a credible enough opinion as a player of the class (Because, Giant Swords XD). But I've partied with many, through all the dungeons/raids I listed above. Despite being so common, they're still in demand for parties. That speaks for itself how reliable they are.

My opinion of the Knight class is that they're the most well-rounded Tank Class (Great Defensive Capablities, Decent HP, a clutch defense skill in fortress, AoE Control, and threat generation) , and one of the safest tank classes to start tanking with (Safety in terms of surviving, as well safety in easily finding parties).

Edited by StryfeK, 18 April 2013 - 06:32 AM.

#9 qball13z

qball13z

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

Thanks so much for this. Well done.

#10 fissure1

fissure1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Hey, great guide. I just started playing the game. I'm going with Warrior. I'm thinking of going

With a DPS build

I saw the build link for the skills, the one that says: DPS Build: 3 Free Skill Points, Hit/Vigor Equipment

I know my stats and skills should look like that when i'm done, but how would i go about leveling it to that? I mean, what stats and skills should i raise first? Like with STR, VIT, and Agi, Do i focus on str and agi first, or 1 stat first, or all 3?

Same with putting them into the skills. Do i just start putting the Skill points into certain skills first?

#11 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

Hey, great guide. I just started playing the game. I'm going with Warrior. I'm thinking of going

With a DPS build

I saw the build link for the skills, the one that says: DPS Build: 3 Free Skill Points, Hit/Vigor Equipment

I know my stats and skills should look like that when i'm done, but how would i go about leveling it to that? I mean, what stats and skills should i raise first? Like with STR, VIT, and Agi, Do i focus on str and agi first, or 1 stat first, or all 3?

Same with putting them into the skills. Do i just start putting the Skill points into certain skills first?

For stats, no real difference in stat allocation along the way there. If you're looking for efficiency, then you can keep the stats balanced throughout, to take advantage of low stat points, but again no big deal.

For skills, you should be maxing them in the following order:

For Swordsman
[1 Point into each, then start maxing it in the order of:] Bash -> Battle Order -> Aura Strike -> Sword Aura

For Warrior:
Rage Controlling -> Tension Relax (The Earlier you get these 2 skills, the more your wallet will thank you)
[1 Point into Each] Bowling Bash -> Battle Leap -> Berserk -> Pommel Attack -> Rage Strike -> Brandish Storm
Then, Max Rage Strike or Berserk (Then max the one you didnt choose right after)
Then max the rest of your skills (Bowling Bash, Head Crush, and whichever skills you choose to put the 3 free points in).

Note that, if you feel your damage output is sufficient, but you want a bit more survivability, you don't need to max Bowling Bash, you can replace it with Endure or Parry instead.

Edited by StryfeK, 19 April 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#12 fissure1

fissure1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

Ah so basically for the stats, I can just do 1-1-1 STR/AGI/VIT until i get to the required stats and be fine at the start? Also, since my last post i've been playing a bit and got to level 4 without raising my stats. Is that a problem? Wasn't sure because i saw the bonus stat thing and didn't know if that meant i get more stat points for having more points in that stat or something.

#13 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Ah so basically for the stats, I can just do 1-1-1 STR/AGI/VIT until i get to the required stats and be fine at the start? Also, since my last post i've been playing a bit and got to level 4 without raising my stats. Is that a problem? Wasn't sure because i saw the bonus stat thing and didn't know if that meant i get more stat points for having more points in that stat or something.

Yep thats right. And no, there's no problem with going for a few levels without raising your stats. I often forget myself, actually.

#14 fissure1

fissure1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Yep thats right. And no, there's no problem with going for a few levels without raising your stats. I often forget myself, actually.

Awesome, thanks for the info :)

#15 RoronoaLance

RoronoaLance

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Server:Odin(iRO2)

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

make 33/32/32(str/agi/int) build for DPS that use battle tactic

#16 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

Well um..
As a Warrior myself, I always lose to Sorcerers.

They can hold your ass off with Frost Diver, letting out Varetyr, JT and-_-. Wind Arms procs too often with its 30% percentages. Can switch their seal to Earth Seal and heal their ass off and continue with their effin' skills. Truthfully, even with my Parry, I cannot hold 'em off. They simply destroy me and the good ones will shut your ass off while Parry is active. The worst part is, THEY CAN KITE YOU OFF WITH LIGHTING BOLT. TALK ABOUT KITTY CAT. Seriously. I am not trying to QQ here, well it looked like a QQ post though. QQers gives up so easily, but I will not. I'm still trying to find a way to beat them, but it seems that the tip you're giving out just does not work TS, any other tip against them? Thanks!

Edited by rzevidz007, 20 April 2013 - 01:05 AM.

#17 RoronoaLance

RoronoaLance

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Server:Odin(iRO2)

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

Well um..

They can hold your ass off with Frost Diver, letting out Varetyr, JT and-_-. Wind Arms procs too often with its 30% percentages. Can switch their seal to Earth Seal and heal their ass off and continue with their effin' skills. Truthfully, even with my Parry, I cannot hold 'em off. They simply destroy me and the good ones will shut your ass off while Parry is active. The worst part is, THEY CAN KITE YOU OFF WITH LIGHTING BOLT. TALK ABOUT KITTY CAT. Seriously. I am not trying to QQ here, well it looked like a QQ post though. QQers gives up so easily, but I will not. I'm still trying to find a way to beat them, but it seems that the tip you're giving out just does not work TS, any other tip against them? Thanks!

you have two defensive skill, use it when the battle start. try to stun them everytime you can. win.

#18 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

you have two defensive skill, use it when the battle start. try to stun them everytime you can. win.

I always use those skills at the beginning of the battle, never seemed to be effective.

Oh not to mention their Cold Bolt slows your movement for what.. 4-6 seconds? Gravity, you're kiddin' me.

#19 DevilsEve

DevilsEve

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSparta, MI

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

So pretty much the only classes the warrior can beat is a lower skilled warrior or a priest? =.=

I always loved the look of 2 handed weapons always my first pick in the games. But why do they offer so little to the party ;/ half asses Tank, Half assed DPS. tell me what is a good reason to actually make a Warrior? I'm looking for every reason I can. because reading this Guide kinda sways me away from them.

#20 Ahjussi

Ahjussi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationFany's Lips

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

@Devils Well, warriors scale exponentially into the end game if played as a tank.

Some points to consider for tank warrior:

- They offer a 10% STR buff which is common with Knights, but Monks and Beastmasters don't. This is very useful for your physical damage dealers.
- Brandish Storm is arguably the best AoE mob control skill for a tank, and you can move around while in motion.
- Defender aura offers 30% increase in defense, dodge, and parry at max level. That is heaps good when paired with Aura Armor.
- Tension Relax is a very nice self HoT you can use at very critical moments. This will make your Priests' jobs a lot more easier to keep the whole party healthy.

#21 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

Well um..

Sorcerers are really tough to defeat. As a melee class, you're really gonna be outmatched in this case. Assuming both classes are equally equipped, unless you get lucky, the chances are Sorcerers are gonna have the upper hand. And don't worry about it man, I feel your pain XD.

Here are a few things that might help. As soon as it starts, use your battle leap + bowling bash, then a bash or two. As soon as the sorc gets up, use your pommel strike them back down again. At this point, take a look at your rage, and take a look at the sorcerer's HP. If you think you can go for the kill, continue to string your offense utilizing aura strike/rage strike. If not, keep building your threat up to 100%. You will now get frost dived / kited / bursted down. Pop your Endure/Parrying/Tension relax and hope to survive the onslaught then finish them off. A DPS Warrior due to having more Hit/Vigor will obviously have a higher chance to finish them off earlier.

Also, take note of the skills that do have cast time (Frost Diver, Cold Bolt, Jupitel Thunder) and skills that dont (Varetyr Spear, Jupitel Thunder w/ Mastery Proc, Thunderbolt). Varetyr spear has a fairly length CD, Jupitel only has a low percentage of being instant cast, and most sorcs have thunder bolt at lvl 1 only. Use this knowledge to your advantage when being kited.

So pretty much the only classes the warrior can beat is a lower skilled warrior or a priest? =.=

I always loved the look of 2 handed weapons always my first pick in the games. But why do they offer so little to the party ;/ half asses Tank, Half assed DPS. tell me what is a good reason to actually make a Warrior? I'm looking for every reason I can. because reading this Guide kinda sways me away from them.

They have tons to offer in fact. Its a long road ahead full of rejection and being fragile, but Warriors are capable of being the best tank period. As a warrior tank, I was very sought after and I never had any issues finding a party. The end-game raids will always need an off tank, and certain bosses require an excellent offtank for the raid to go smoothly, and this is where Warriors excel. Once you've hit that point where you can Main Tank, then it becomes even easier, since you can fill 2 DIFFERENT niche roles (Main Tank and Off Tank) in a raid.

Any warrior who can make it past the initial quagmire, will understand why warriors have the potential to be the best tank. And since its such as a difficult class to be awesome with, the very few who make it that far will find themselves in a nice spot.

However, it's true warriors are in the bottom tier when it comes to PvP, with DPS Warriors being more capable. We can take on BMs, Knights, Warriors, and Monks. We have a slight disadvantage against FS Priests, Rogues, and Wizards, and a pretty big weakness against Rangers/Sorcs/DPS PRiests. However, fortunately Colosseum is a different story than 1v1, and its definitely possible to win Colo on a warrior.

Edited by StryfeK, 20 April 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#22 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

BTW what gear will be the best for WoE? AoD +10 runed Gear is necessary to be the best in the WoE?

#23 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

BTW what gear will be the best for WoE? AoD +10 runed Gear is necessary to be the best in the WoE?

Not really sure what to expect at WoE, and sence I prefer personal experience over theorycrafting, I haven't really been doing much speculation. I'd guess for those who can't get AoD+10 stuff, colosseum gear is still a solid choice for anything PvP related due to their Damage Reduction/Increase% towards other players.

#24 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Can you reveal the colloseum rules?
And what character effeciency difference in % of CoA vs Colloseum vs AoD?
And can be Epic crafted and field aquired gear be good for PvP and WoE?

Edited by Lucentos, 20 April 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#25 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Can you reveal the colloseum rules?
And what character effeciency difference in % of CoA vs Colloseum vs AoD?
And can be Epic crafted and field aquired gear be good for PvP and WoE?

Colo rules are simple. A bunch of players are put in the Arena, and there's a limit. The goal is to kill as many players/mobs as well possible. A number of the participants will go on to the next round based on those points, rest will be eliminated.

In terms of stats, AoD is the strongest, followed by Colo Gear, followed by CoA. However, CoA/AoD has set bonuses, whereas Colo has PVP bonuses.

Field equipment becomes useless after you start getting raid gear. Check the progress chart in my guide to see.

Epic crafted gear provides better equipment than their respective dungeon drops, but they're harder to get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users