RO2 War of Emperium Key Points - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RO2 War of Emperium Key Points

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Since people are curious as to what WoE will be like, I've looked at the kRO2 article on it! I’m not going to translate the entire news article, so here are some key points from it.
(If anyone else has done this already please disregard this :p_swt: )
  • Only people who are in a guild are able to enter, and that guild must have the Guild Approval skill. If you are not in a guild you cannot be warped to the castle maps.
  • When you enter, you and your guild will be wearing a special uniform so you can more easily tell your guildmates apart from enemies. Kind of like in sports.
  • It mostly works the same as WoE in RO1; you find the emperium and destroy it. The first guild who destroys it gains ownership of said castle. And then in the next battle the owning guild has to protect the emperium from enemies.
  • There are guardian NPCs who attack anyone who doesn’t own the castle.
  • There are total of 3 key points. When the attacking guilds conquer these key points, they receive very helpful buffs. Defending guild may want to consider defending these positions. (clarified by zr0rieu)
  • There are special battle weapons that can be used during WoE in defense or attack (such as the battering ram that appears in the article).

Edited by Rozelle, 17 April 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#2 KainHyrial

KainHyrial

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the info, I didn't know all of that. WoE in RO1 was fun, just imagine it in RO2 with these graphics and models.

+upvoted.

Edited by KainHyrial, 17 April 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#3 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

It does sound pretty fun, and I'm not really a WoE person myself.

Here's hoping the servers can handle the strain of that, though :heh: Even on RO1 sometimes WoE got a little intense.

#4 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

I want to ride a dragon :p_love:

#5 KainHyrial

KainHyrial

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Yeah, that's true. I also remember when I would watch livestreams of WoE from RO1. Good times.

#6 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Sounds sorta like Wintergrasp in WoW was. I really wonder how they'll pull it off in RO2.

#7 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

We'll see I guess! I'll try to keep everyone posted when it does come out on kRO2, if no one else does so first.

#8 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

• There will be guard towers/watch points for people to increase defense of the castle. There are three of these towers/points, and at each point, there’s a buff you can receive.

Just clarifying this point. There are 3 key points and when the ATTACKING guilds conquer those points, they receive various helpful buffs.

Original Text: 거점은 총 3개이며, 공성 측에서는 각각의 거점을 점령할 때마다 아주아주 이로운 버프를 받을 수 있습니다. (수성 측에서는 이 거점을 지키는 것도 중요할 수 있겠죠?)

Direct translation: There are total of 3 key points. When the attacking guilds conquer these key points, they receive very helpful buffs. (Defending guild may want to consider defending these positions)

Edited by zr0rieu, 17 April 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#9 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

Ahh okay, thank you for the clarification! My Korean is pretty rusty/basic. :sob:

#10 Terr

Terr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

Sounds like WoE from RO1 so should be good. Now to just hope it can be as epic and dramatastic as RO1's woe was from like 2004/5 8D

#11 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Oh, just for fun I'd like to point out that the article was put up on April 1st, but at the bottom they have a note saying that they know it's April Fool's Day but they promise it's not a joke. ("It's the truth, it's the truth!!")

Considering it's still up and they're still talking about it, it's safe to say they were telling the truth.

I just thought that was funny. :p_laugh:

#12 KainHyrial

KainHyrial

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

It's all been a lie! D8 lol.

Posted Image

Edited by KainHyrial, 17 April 2013 - 08:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users