• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 g1344917621

g1344917621

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

-is this different from that other Ragnarok 2 where you need a proxy to play?
-I'm from the Philippines, will I be able to play this?(since I can play Dragon Saga, I assume I can, but just so I can be sure)

thank you in advance

#2 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

The Philippines will not be fully serviced in iRO2, due to licensing issues, since they're supposed to get their own server eventually.

Edited by Rozelle, 17 April 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#3 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

-is this different from that other Ragnarok 2 where you need a proxy to play?
-I'm from the Philippines, will I be able to play this?(since I can play Dragon Saga, I assume I can, but just so I can be sure)

thank you in advance

:p_swt:

#4 Ryounaru

Ryounaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed, US
  • Server:Un-named!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Btw, I wouldn't openly announce proxying in a forum that game moderators frequent, being as that's against Terms of Service. It is always a possibility of course, I would just keep it hush hush.

#5 KainHyrial

KainHyrial

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

Yeah, all the excessively quite players in SEA version were not supposed to be there. Like me. Lol.

#6 hongaun

hongaun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

I think what everyone wants is a truly well-managed international version of RO2 where it doesn't matter which country you are from. In other words, if RO2 NA is like WoW where there's no IP block, everyone is happy.

#7 Ryounaru

Ryounaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed, US
  • Server:Un-named!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Well, that is impossible due to licensing issues. The same reason why the SEA server got IP locked too. But I don't see the point of proxying in my opinion. I get some people want to play right away but you are closed off to a lot of the things the game has to offer. Like you can't use the cash shop of certain games if you're not from the region. IE, I couldn't use SEA server's cash shop, it wouldn't let me charge money. Also events involving real life rewards are closed to you. Etc etc. And most games that are hosted for certain places tend to have more people from those places which makes it easier to sync times and meet people who speak your natural language. I see it as a big bonus to just play in my region. But I know that's not always the case. So..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users