Pro tip - everyone should know how to climb in RO2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Pro tip - everyone should know how to climb in RO2

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Right click on something in the direction you want to go. The ground, or a distant tree or wall works.
Spam the jump key.

That's it.
Stupidly simple, but you wouldn't believe how many people can't get it right still. It has to be right click for this to work, not WASD.

If you're doing it right, you should see yourself going up terrain that you'd normally fall from. Like so:

If you don't see yourself climbing, then try changing your camera angle. For some reason, it helps sometimes.

If you get the hang of it, then you can find all sorts of shortcuts in the field, or in dungeons. Generally doesn't work if there's going to be a small 'ceiling' jutting out above your head.
Just be careful. As far as I know, you can't change your target point in mid-climb. So if the point you click on is too steep for you to stand on normally, then you'll fall right back down (and die from it, if it's high enough).

#2 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

chickenrololololol

#3 Aeune

Aeune

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Dat BGM.

#4 Ryounaru

Ryounaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed, US
  • Server:Un-named!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Well, to be fair this is suppose to be a 'glitch'...because you can also scale things like the ghost ship in drake's dungeon, etc etc. So I wouldn't go trying to make this public knowledge in a forum if you want to keep it. But yes, it is possible to jump over obstacles to reach shortcuts in the dungeon. However you usually lose quite a bit of hp so I wouldn't recommend doing this at lower levels unless you'd like to die.

#5 Yuumei

Yuumei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

I wouldn't recommend doing this at lower levels unless you'd like to die.

Posted Image

Oh well, traveling to the edge of the map's always fun.

Posted Image

Okay it isn't.

#6 hongaun

hongaun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Those new to this "abililty" usually end up jumping off into the sea in ghost ship dungeon....haha....

If this glitch is fixed...Conceal scroll prices are going to sky rocket.

#7 KainHyrial

KainHyrial

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

I hope the "Not in a state that is controllable" bug is fixed and doesn't show up, it eventually got fixed in SEA version back in January I believe.

#8 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

Its not a good sign if what you posted is true. This means there are things that are client side and should not be. These were removed in Requiem, but if they exist in Ragnarok it opens up the game to simple exploits. Since Ragnarok is based on the Requiem engine, if the player was to find something like an old speed or jump hack from Requiem, then it might be possible to use it in Ragnarok 2.

#9 Ryounaru

Ryounaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

There are actually a lot of bugs in ragnarok 2 that were not reported due to the fact they provided advantages to players. This particular jumping bug, the fact that one of the field bosses near hell of deadly poison couldn't attack you if you stood on a portal, etc. Those are all glitches that were exploited to death in the SEA server. Granted asiasoft did fix some of them but all I'm saying is, it's silly to expect a game to not have bugs or exploits. There will always be resourceful people that find them. Doesn't mean you have to use em.

#10 BlizzyBoss

BlizzyBoss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

I laughed so hard in my head at that video.

#11 KainHyrial

KainHyrial

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

I remember watching people on SEA, run head on into the mobs in Sea God, and they be like not tanks. Good times. Good times.

#12 Ryounaru

Ryounaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

I remember watching people on SEA, run head on into the mobs in Sea God, and they be like not tanks. Good times. Good times.

Well, to be fair that's not all attributed to 'bugs.' It's very possible to tank, especially in sea god without an actual warrior class.
I once partied with a ranger that took less damage than our tank did. Granted they were level 50 with culvert gears. But still, there are ways to play smartly about the game like that. Has a lot to due with gears and how you invest your stats.

#13 KainHyrial

KainHyrial

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

Well, to be fair that's not all attributed to 'bugs.' It's very possible to tank, especially in sea god without an actual warrior class.
I once partied with a ranger that took less damage than our tank did. Granted they were level 50 with culvert gears. But still, there are ways to play smartly about the game like that. Has a lot to due with gears and how you invest your stats.

Ah, I know that. You don't have to be a tank class to be able to tank. What I mean is like they had the lowest HP out of anyone in the party, and yet pull a Leeroy Jenkins on everyone. I love to see people tank good that aren't normally tanks. But with the players that have extremely low HP and hardly any gear run head on to the extreme aggro mobs in Sea God it's funny to watch.

Reference Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users