BlizzyBoss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

I went from 2 hour download lat night to now 19. Not worth it.

#2 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

cool story bro

#3 Yuumei

Yuumei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

Slightly relevant.

#4 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

The download time is for the listed mediacab. First one is 400 MB, so that one takes 2 hours. Then one after that takes 4 hours...

#5 BlizzyBoss

BlizzyBoss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

Somehow I'm still downloading the media cab1? Nothing has changed. I watched it dwindle from 4 hours last night to 1 then I check on it again and it shoots to 19, 17, then 6.

#6 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

Somehow I'm still downloading the media cab1? Nothing has changed. I watched it dwindle from 4 hours last night to 1 then I check on it again and it shoots to 19, 17, then 6.

All of these are faster options. The torrent for example will usually finish within three hours while the WP client will take 20+.

Torrent:
http://toasty.site.n.../f/RO2.torrent
This is run by the community, and would appreciate if you would seed when you are finished downloading.
FTP Server:
http://ftp.warpporta...ne2/Fullclient/
This will run easier if you download all the files at once because then you’re not doing them one at a time like the download client will.
Segmented Download (Zip Files):
https://mega.co.nz/#...s2fwL_cXQT0b2uQ
Should go relatively fast, just download them all into one folder and run the first one.

Edited by Faolain, 18 April 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#7 BlizzyBoss

BlizzyBoss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

All of these are faster options. The torrent for example will usually finish within three hours while the WP client will take 20+.

Torrent:
http://toasty.site.n.../f/RO2.torrent/
This is run by the community, and would appreciate if you would seed when you are finished downloading.
FTP Server:
http://ftp.warpporta...ne2/Fullclient/
This will run easier if you download all the files at once because then you’re not doing them one at a time like the download client will.
Segmented Download (Zip Files):
https://mega.co.nz/#...s2fwL_cXQT0b2uQ
Should go relatively fast, just download them all into one folder and run the first one.

To be honest I suck at using torrents and all those related. I could never figure them out. Download a torrent then download another thing that transfers the torrent into a file or something.

#8 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

To be honest I suck at using torrents and all those related. I could never figure them out. Download a torrent then download another thing that transfers the torrent into a file or something.

Torrents are pretty simple. Think of the torrent program as download managers. You download the torrent file and mount it into the torrent program, and it downloads the actual file into a folder that is created when you start it up. Would you like me to post a guide?

#9 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

All you need for a torrent is a torrent client. Then you download the torrent file, click on it, and the client downloads the files for you. Easy-peasy! :p_hi:

#10 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

All you need for a torrent is a torrent client. Then you download the torrent file, click on it, and the client downloads the files for you. Easy-peasy! :p_hi:

You wrote it easier than I did, thank you.

#11 BlizzyBoss

BlizzyBoss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

Torrents are pretty simple. Think of the torrent program as download managers. You download the torrent file and mount it into the torrent program, and it downloads the actual file into a folder that is created when you start it up. Would you like me to post a guide?

If someone could provide a simple step by step that would be great hahaha. I suppose my question would be with those 3 links you shared, Faolain, which do I use?

#12 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

Right now the torrent link appears to be down, so try the segmented download.

#13 BlizzyBoss

BlizzyBoss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

Right now the torrent link appears to be down, so try the segmented download.

Someone told me I had to be registered to that site for them to work, true? Also when they're all downloaded and moved into the same folder I just..double click the first one I downloaded, lol what?

#14 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Someone told me I had to be registered to that site for them to work, true? Also when they're all downloaded and moved into the same folder I just..double click the first one I downloaded, lol what?

I don't know about the registering, but it may be worth signing up for it if you want a good download.

As for the files... If you have winrar or winzip, then yes, you just download all those files, and then click on the first one. Then drag the contents to where you want them, and it will extract them.

#15 Ryounaru

Ryounaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed, US
  • Server:Un-named!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

It depends on which one you use but for the sites above you don't need registration. And usually when you download a torrent, it has all the files in one folder. Kind of like downloading it from a client but it's not as neatly. You would usually press the exe. file which will be the first on top most of the time. That will launch the launcher for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users