11 replies to this topic

#1 Arec

Arec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

are they going to delete characters after the beta?

#2 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

ppl dont even try to read the first page of the forums...its even one of the top sticked threads ... sigh.

#3 Arec

Arec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

maybe you could be more constructive and link the FAQ or w/e

#4 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

dude, not many ppl are going to want to hold ur hand and help u cross the street ! its plastered in discussion all over the first page in these forums, and detailed info on their fb posts. AND so many ppl asking the same questoin all over the place. I just told most of the info u need to figure it out is the stickied threads.... >< am i going to link u to a topic at the top of the page that you are currently on? lol....

#5 Arec

Arec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

dude, not many ppl are going to want to hold ur hand and help u cross the street ! its plastered in discussion all over the first page in these forums, and detailed info on their fb posts. AND so many ppl asking the same questoin all over the place. I just told most of the info u need to figure it out is the stickied threads.... >< am i going to link u to a topic at the top of the page that you are currently on? lol....

i just looked through all the stickies and did not see anything about characters being deleted. By now you could have linked the thread specifically. I dont understand why you got this idiot pride of not being helpful. It could of been done and over with.

#6 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

really? u mean the stickied thread about name reservations ? about how a char that has reached lvl 10 will allow u to keep the name after wipe???? thats not enough for u? ><

#7 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Ridiculous, but here ill hold ur hand more and give u a copy- past from the facebook ! since the forums arent clear enough for you, this will break it down point blank. i would have linked just the fb page, but u would have had to scroll down a bit to see it..didnt want to risk that :
So a few topics that need better addressing: How is this beta being done? And which territories are we not allowed to service? How is the item shop being handled? When is Official launch?

1. This will be a Beta, we aren't restricting how many can join, so it is "open" but we will be wiping when it is done so we can really tweak with things to the point of game imbalancing without effecting long term game economy and balance. If you reach level 10 during the beta on 1 character that name will be available to you alone for 60 days after our launch.

We debated doing a closed then an open beta. But the closed beta would not have answered many of the issues we actually needed to test, such as performance under high user numbers. The game has effectively had its closed beta test with 2 versions already launching.

2. Who is our territory? We are officially North America, Europe and Oceania (Australia). Places that we know there are players that would want to play here but we have to restrict access for is SEA areas and Brazil. This is unfortunate for us and for them, but that is what needs to happen when there are multiple partners servicing the game in specific geographic areas.

3. We will have an item shop, though with different prices and different durations on items from the shop. Much ado about short duration items is being addressed by making more items permanent. Mounts will be durational, but with how the systems works for them it shouldn't be much of an impact to you. Costumes by and large will be permanent so you can combine them and use them for other in-game purposes. During the beta we may open up the item shop to test out the payment processes. However, if we do so anything you buy you will receive again during the Commercial service so in effect you didn't spend anything during the Beta period.

4. Beta is intended to be ~ 5 days, and then be down about a week or so, for us to make changes and updates to make sure we are 100% ready to launch. If there is some showstopper bug or problem we will of course delay the launch to avoid putting out a problem product.

#8 Arec

Arec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

really? u mean the stickied thread about name reservations ? about how a char that has reached lvl 10 will allow u to keep the name after wipe???? thats not enough for u? ><

well, it wasnt specific and to me it didnt register like that.

#9 Diarka

Diarka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

what a really friendly atmosphere we have here in RO 2 for new players

#10 Arec

Arec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Ridiculous, but here ill hold ur hand more and give u a copy- past from the facebook ! since the forums arent clear enough for you, this will break it down point blank. i would have linked just the fb page, but u would have had to scroll down a bit to see it..didnt want to risk that :
So a few topics that need better addressing: How is this beta being done? And which territories are we not allowed to service? How is the item shop being handled? When is Official launch?

1. This will be a Beta, we aren't restricting how many can join, so it is "open" but we will be wiping when it is done so we can really tweak with things to the point of game imbalancing without effecting long term game economy and balance. If you reach level 10 during the beta on 1 character that name will be available to you alone for 60 days after our launch.

We debated doing a closed then an open beta. But the closed beta would not have answered many of the issues we actually needed to test, such as performance under high user numbers. The game has effectively had its closed beta test with 2 versions already launching.

2. Who is our territory? We are officially North America, Europe and Oceania (Australia). Places that we know there are players that would want to play here but we have to restrict access for is SEA areas and Brazil. This is unfortunate for us and for them, but that is what needs to happen when there are multiple partners servicing the game in specific geographic areas.

3. We will have an item shop, though with different prices and different durations on items from the shop. Much ado about short duration items is being addressed by making more items permanent. Mounts will be durational, but with how the systems works for them it shouldn't be much of an impact to you. Costumes by and large will be permanent so you can combine them and use them for other in-game purposes. During the beta we may open up the item shop to test out the payment processes. However, if we do so anything you buy you will receive again during the Commercial service so in effect you didn't spend anything during the Beta period.

4. Beta is intended to be ~ 5 days, and then be down about a week or so, for us to make changes and updates to make sure we are 100% ready to launch. If there is some showstopper bug or problem we will of course delay the launch to avoid putting out a problem product.

thank you i appreciate it

#11 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

How are those names reserved?
I mean if I create a lvl 10 swordman with the name "abcd" and then after launch, can I use the same name for different class?

#12 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

How are those names reserved?
I mean if I create a lvl 10 swordman with the name "abcd" and then after launch, can I use the same name for different class?

Correct~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users