95 replies to this topic

#1 Serenaki

Serenaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

You knew this thread was coming. Resurrection CD, really? Is there any chance of getting that to have a shorter cooldown in official launch? (It's 50min for lvl 1 — 30min lvl 3)

Edited by Serenaki, 18 April 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#2 Viney

Viney

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

It's obviously same as SEA. Can we please get word from an Admin about changing this to original Gravity values?.. SEA 10xed the res CDs.. It's BS.. Please change it back to 5 min CD.

#3 Serenaki

Serenaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

It's obviously same as SEA. Can we please get word from an Admin about changing this to original Gravity values?.. SEA 10xed the res CDs.. It's BS.. Please change it back to 5 min CD.

As a priest, I would love a 5min CD on rez.

#4 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

iRO2 = kRO2+whatever update delay is standard, please!
No SEA customs on my RO2!

#5 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Makes the game a challenge :D

#6 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Yeah please just have the game the way it originally was. :\

#7 Serenaki

Serenaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

It gives us priests more stress than we need, tyvm lol.

#8 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

What makes it worse, is that it confirms this follows SEA's changes. This means, super strong raid bosses, undroppedable super large bags, etc. ~_~

#9 DJIzanagi

DJIzanagi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing. Granted the beta just started, so maybe they'll listen to fan feedback, but we'll see I guess.

#10 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

+1. Please fix this so it's not ridiculous, even if you have to put some limiter on it don't make it this ridiculous. I could even see "Can only be used when not in combat" but a 1 hour cooldown is ridiculous.

#11 Suikoden6

Suikoden6

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

everything is the same as SEARO2 there is no point in changing servers. no point in starting everything all over, waste. Let's see what NARO2 will do.

#12 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

This means, super strong raid bosses, undroppedable super large bags, etc. ~_~

This is done for monetisation cause. Super strong raid bosses to force you to overrefine your prequisite gear to be able to withstand strong boss attacks and be able to done it in time by passing DPS check vs enrage counter. Super Large bags are meant for cash shop in F2P.

#13 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:RO II - Odin

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Probably going to get bitched at this for this suggestion, but I'd prefer is Pandora boxes were taken out. They make the game a bit too easy, finding a green/blue Pandora weapon of your own class doesn't require you to change your weapon until level 40, taking away any challenging part of the game.

I know it's a race to 50 but, meh. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. +1 to leaving the game as is on kRO

#14 ling90

ling90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

At least over here we have community managers that will listen to the players, so let's wait and see. CM is non-existent on Asiasoft.

#15 Kurushy

Kurushy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

Well, I see two possibilities.

This could be an error, for whatever reason.

Or it could be intentional. If it is intentional, we know what direction this is going. We're going to have buffed bosses with frequent pointless one-shots, combined with cash shop res items. And once you hit the final stretches of the endgame, you're probably going to need them to have a reasonable chance of getting things done. I'm inclined to just sit this out unil they clarify this, one way or the other. I've honestly exhausted 100% of my patience for this kind of money grab "localization".

It always works out the same way when they do this to a game. The game is fun until you hit the "endgame" where bosses get the big buffs. Then you start hitting the bosses which simply have random, unavoidable one-shots throughout the fight. Not standing in the fire, not sitting in an oncoming one-shot aoe, not getting too many stacks of a DoT. Just random oops, you're dead, please deposit X amount of RL cash to keep playing. At that point, if you're like me, and you primarily enjoy playing healers in dungeons, it starts to get annoying. You can get around it, but here's the thing. _I don't want to_. I don't care if the game is hard, as long as it's hard _and_ fun. In most western raid-oriented games, you can get one-shotted all over the place, but that's if you actually make a mistake, and I'm fine with that. On the other hand, it's not fun to have to plan for people simply pointless dropping dead several times during the fight. It's not fun to have to incorporate pointless, money-grabbing garbage into the metagame.

Edited by Kurushy, 18 April 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#16 Vendizzle

Vendizzle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

In true warpportal fashion. The CMs are slow to respond, if at all to topics like this. Don't be surprised if this is ignored completely and they pretend like everything is peachy. I have seen it time and time again with other warp portal games.

#17 Reifnir

Reifnir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

They make the game a bit too easy, finding a green/blue Pandora weapon of your own class doesn't require you to change your weapon until level 40, taking away any challenging part of the game.

Make that 43, to be exact.
Blue Pandora weapon is an exact equivalent of the weapon you get for completing the Ghost Ship quest. The weapon drop from GS last boss is a *slight* upgrade, and the weapon that drops from Sandstorm is a definite upgrade. Purple pandora weapon is ofc better, but it's not worth it considering the amount of keys needed to beat the RNG here.

On a side note, opening EVERY pandora box you have is quite wallet-draining for your first character. When Pandoras were introduced into SEA RO2 almost everyone had their main characters at level 50, which made spending 200-300g on mallets negligible, but if it's your 1st char, it can (and will) be a problem.

Super Large bags are meant for cash shop in F2P.

Super Large Bags, while being a requirement for several neat achievements on the Khara grid, are indeed cash-only, but SEA version also went and removed Large Bags, that is, the 20-slot ones as opposed to 16-slot Medium ones. They drop from regular mobs in kRO2, starting from Maple Forest and upwards, and they were meant to be the best bags obtainable w/o cash.
They also removed all mounts other than Peco from the normal mount vendors (kRO2 has tigers, iirc) and made them Cash-exclusive, too.

Edited by Reifnir, 19 April 2013 - 01:03 AM.

#18 Flash2k6

Flash2k6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

Super Large Bags, while being a requirement for several neat achievements on the Khara grid, are indeed cash-only

on kRO the khara quest required dropable large bags

#19 Terr

Terr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

If the game isn't more along the lines of the kRO version ( although I dont mind the buffed monsters/bosses, the skill nerfs being the same as SEA makes ieverything meh ), it turns a LOT of people off.

Many many people here already have established characters on the SEA servers, so comming over to this... makes it very disappointing. While yes many items here from the shop are going to be perma, but SEA does have it's fair share of perma items as well. If WP at least had the skills closer to the korean version, I honestly feel MANY more people who are still playing the SEA servers who aren't from the SEA area will switch over.

#20 Reifnir

Reifnir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

on kRO the khara quest required dropable large bags

Even worse, then, although I can't confirm/deny the state of things in the current Korean version - no kRO2 client / account atm.
Got any screens to support the argument if warp portal tries the "working as intended" excuse?

Many many people here already have established characters on the SEA servers, so comming over to this... makes it very disappointing.

Funniest thing is, of all the stuff I have over there, I'm going to miss my Blinker the most.
The amount of time I wasted getting it was rather ridiculous >_<

Spoiler

Edited by Reifnir, 19 April 2013 - 01:26 AM.

#21 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:45 AM

In true warpportal fashion. The CMs are slow to respond, if at all to topics like this. Don't be surprised if this is ignored completely and they pretend like everything is peachy. I have seen it time and time again with other warp portal games.

Don't expect them to respond so late at night. They''ll be back tomorrow.

#22 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:54 AM

If the game isn't more along the lines of the kRO version ( although I dont mind the buffed monsters/bosses, the skill nerfs being the same as SEA makes ieverything meh ), it turns a LOT of people off.

Many many people here already have established characters on the SEA servers, so comming over to this... makes it very disappointing. While yes many items here from the shop are going to be perma, but SEA does have it's fair share of perma items as well. If WP at least had the skills closer to the korean version, I honestly feel MANY more people who are still playing the SEA servers who aren't from the SEA area will switch over.

From every discussion I've had or seen regarding switching from SEA to NA, this is absolutely true. The main appeal of a new server was for people who don't know Korean to be able to experience what is essentially a translated kRO2 rather than the mess we ended up with on the SEA server.

The most common subjects brought up were the resu cooldown times, naturally, completely disabling "easy" mode dungeons, and cranking dungeon monsters' HP exponentially (a monster that should have 700hp has 5,000), as well as possibly either a low tolerance for people who have used exploits (a large chunk of the population used bugs to get the second best equipment set in the game.) or generally fixing bugs before they cause such events.

(Large bags as monster drops were also a surprisingly popular subject)

I don't want to sound like a whiner here, but these little things do have a pretty significant impact on the overall experience of players - the resu cooldowns and juiced up monsters make life pretty hard for pretty much every class in some way; sorcerers are cornered into a healer role because priests simply can't handle taking care of the party by themselves, nobody wants to play priests since it's impossible to please people, everyone avoids inviting rogues to parties like they have a communicable disease, etc, etc, etc.

Because of all these things, factors like party/raid composition are completely rigid. Beastmasters, rogues, wizards, warriors, and monks are practically obsolete classes there.

So, yeah. Fingers are crossed that the SEA mods are only going to apply to this OBT phase.

#23 Flash2k6

Flash2k6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:03 AM

Even worse, then, although I can't confirm/deny the state of things in the current Korean version - no kRO2 client / account atm.
Got any screens to support the argument if warp portal tries the "working as intended" excuse?

here is a pic of the khara quest (it's with the transaltion pack but you can see i finished the quest and i never bought something from the cash shop)
Posted Image

and here is the proof for the res CD:
Posted Image

again translated but you can see the "Castin Time" "Cooldown Remainded" "Sp Cost" etc. and those are not affected by translation and show the kRO CD

oh and btw. kRO never had an easy mode this has been unavailable as long as i play this game^^

#24 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

oh and btw. kRO never had an easy mode this has been unavailable as long as i play this game^^

Oh! That's interesting. I wonder why there's even a space for it then.

#25 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:21 AM

Because of all these things, factors like party/raid composition are completely rigid. Beastmasters, rogues, wizards, warriors, and monks are practically obsolete classes there.

Warriors aren't the main tanks?

Their tank skills look like they would be infinitely better than the "knight" skills.

Explain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users