Stop complaining about the Resurrection Cooldown - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Stop complaining about the Resurrection Cooldown

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 Okiesmokie

Okiesmokie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Raiding content on kRO2 is trivialized because of the short resurrection cooldown. People are free to do whatever stupid actions they want, because they know they will have a resurrection if they die doing it. That is not how the game should be. People should be forced to play well if they want to raid. Dying should be punished, not just shrugged off because of free resurrections.

If you're using the argument "What about the fights that have an instantly-kill-on-a-timer mechanic," those are called dps checks. They are there to force your group to have the required dps to continue. You beat these encounters by collecting better gear, and having viable specs. You do not beat them by throwing corpses at the boss with infinite resurrections.

Take a look at kRO2 right now, it is completely dead, because there is nothing at all to do on it. Every guild has cleared every raid because of how trivial the content is due to the short cooldown of resurrection. Do you want the same to happen to iRO2? This will happen if the resurrection cooldown is reverted back. If you want an easy time getting all your purples and have nothing else to do after you're completely geared, go back to kRO2. Stop complaining about something that improves the end game of this server.

Edited by Okiesmokie, 19 April 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#2 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

They should put a 30min ~ 50min cooldown on kafra shop res tokens too.

#3 Okiesmokie

Okiesmokie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

They should put a 30min ~ 50min cooldown on kafra shop res tokens too.

The cash shop hasn't even been released yet, you don't know if that item will appear there.

#4 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

:) You'll get to know how US Grav operates soon.

#5 Okiesmokie

Okiesmokie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

:) You'll get to know how US Grav operates soon.

That item is also available in kRO2, so I don't know what point you're trying to make.

Despite what all you tinfoil hat-wearing plebeians care to think, the change wasn't implemented to sell more cash shop resurrection items, it was implemented for the reasons I've stated in this post.

Edited by Okiesmokie, 19 April 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#6 Terr

Terr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

The cash shop hasn't even been released yet, you don't know if that item will appear there.

You do realize that the reason the CD is so high is mainly so the companies that host the game can make money right? lol

No game is really hard, and rais being on a 3 min CD at max level still will require people to not be sloppy anyway cause well.... 3 min wait of a key person being dead is possible wipe. In that case you're forced to use a spinel anyway. the 50 min CD just forces people to use well... more spinels. The difference is people spend more. commonsensewhereisit

#7 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Raiding content on kRO2 is trivialized because of the short resurrection cooldown. People are free to do whatever stupid actions they want, because they know they will have a resurrection if they die doing it. That is not how the game should be. People should be forced to play well if they want to raid. Dying should be punished, not just shrugged off because of free resurrections.

If you're using the argument "What about the fights that have an instantly-kill-on-a-timer mechanic," those are called dps checks. They are there to force your group to have the required dps to continue. You beat these encounters by collecting better gear, and having viable specs. You do not beat them by throwing corpses at the boss with infinite resurrections.

Take a look at kRO2 right now, it is completely dead, because there is nothing at all to do on it. Every guild has cleared every raid because of how trivial the content is due to the short cooldown of resurrection. Do you want the same to happen to iRO2? This will happen if the resurrection cooldown is reverted back. If you want an easy time getting all your purples and have nothing else to do after you're completely geared, go back to kRO2. Stop complaining about something that improves the end game of this server.

Understand that the same people who are "complaining" about the ressurection cooldowns are the same people that went through first hand, the endgame playstyle featuring these changes, that you're assuming is "Challenging" and "an improvement". I assure you that the endgame playstyle featuring these changes is not good.

First, let me tell you that the complaints about the ressurection cooldown is the whole story. The bigger picture is that it verifies the fact that client version iRO uses is the same one that SEARO2 uses. And that's what everyone's real issue is, because they've been through all that already, and its a very dreadful endgame. One that isn't an "improvement", but one that forces players to abuse bugs and exploits, to even complete the stage. An endgame where a number of raid bosses simply cannot be completed any other way. Furthermore, it alientated a majority of the non-cash shop users, as it was basically a requirement to have certain cashshop items, if you even wanted a chance at completing certain dungeon.

Specifically speaking about how Res timers and such affect end game, it wasn't about "adding challenge", it was to force players to buy spinels. Spinels describe your description of "You do not beat them by throwing corpses at the boss with infinite resurrections.".

Just to clarify, SEARO2 made numerous changes, stating that they were doing it because they felt their playerbase was more hardcore, but many players knew that the main reason why to make the gameplay so difficult, that players would have to rely on cash shop to do the endgame. Besides the Cooldown Ressurection increase, several things were changed such as Pot Cooldown, and buffing the raids to an crazy amount. They also made a few noticeble changes aimed at monetization (Removing Large and Super Large bags from being dropped, removing the drops of weapon tokens to make it harder for people to get geared, etc.)

So again, most people aren't angry with the Cooldown (In fact, I wouldn't mind if the others were fixed), but angry with what it means for the rest of the dreaded specs that will come along with it.

#8 LordLDF

LordLDF

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Understand that the same people who are "complaining" about the ressurection cooldowns are the same people that went through first hand, the endgame playstyle featuring these changes, that you're assuming is "Challenging" and "an improvement". I assure you that the endgame playstyle featuring these changes is not good.

First, let me tell you that the complaints about the ressurection cooldown is the whole story. The bigger picture is that it verifies the fact that client version iRO uses is the same one that SEARO2 uses. And that's what everyone's real issue is, because they've been through all that already, and its a very dreadful endgame. One that isn't an "improvement", but one that forces players to abuse bugs and exploits, to even complete the stage. An endgame where a number of raid bosses simply cannot be completed any other way. Furthermore, it alientated a majority of the non-cash shop users, as it was basically a requirement to have certain cashshop items, if you even wanted a chance at completing certain dungeon.

Specifically speaking about how Res timers and such affect end game, it wasn't about "adding challenge", it was to force players to buy spinels. Spinels describe your description of "You do not beat them by throwing corpses at the boss with infinite resurrections.".

Just to clarify, SEARO2 made numerous changes, stating that they were doing it because they felt their playerbase was more hardcore, but many players knew that the main reason why to make the gameplay so difficult, that players would have to rely on cash shop to do the endgame. Besides the Cooldown Ressurection increase, several things were changed such as Pot Cooldown, and buffing the raids to an crazy amount. They also made a few noticeble changes aimed at monetization (Removing Large and Super Large bags from being dropped, removing the drops of weapon tokens to make it harder for people to get geared, etc.)

So again, most people aren't angry with the Cooldown (In fact, I wouldn't mind if the others were fixed), but angry with what it means for the rest of the dreaded specs that will come along with it.

^ This I agree completely with. I don't mind a challenge where great strategy is involved, in fact I think its necessary for end game. What I do mind is impossible obstacles that need to be bought. Perhaps one or two of these nerfs would be good but all of it combined makes for a dreadful experience in my opinion.

#9 Flash2k6

Flash2k6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

so you finished AoD hard? then please show me some pics because i don't know any international player that did it on kRO. it's really not like you could kill all bosses without thinkng because of it. in fact u usually have 4-5 minutes in hard modes because of the enrage timer. this means that usually every sorc / priest has 1 ress per fight. with 50min cd this means you have 1 ress per raid... if u use it and afterwards the party wipes this ress is gone for the raid that's completely stupid and i've seen this many times on seaRO like the others probably too.
and your "dps checks" are complete nonsense... these dps checks are the enrage timers but no one is talkin about that... if the boss goes enrage you have lost anyway even with 30sec cooldown. what we are talking about are the normal death that happen in fights.. e.g. baphomet which is quite easy but as soon as he uses the blue circle skill even if everything is done right at least 1 player will die and if this is priest / tank you have extreme problems. and also his normal skills will crit sometimes and just 1hit someone...

edit: oh and by the as you should know: most people left way before AoD was added and many of them even before CoA was added. the reason they left was because Bapho / PVE was too easy and there was way too less content back then.

Edited by Flash2k6, 19 April 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#10 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

That item is also available in kRO2, so I don't know what point you're trying to make.

Despite what all you tinfoil hat-wearing plebeians care to think, the change wasn't implemented to sell more cash shop resurrection items, it was implemented for the reasons I've stated in this post.

I understand that your reading comprehension is average so I'll excuse you for that.

Let me dumb it down for you.

- iRO2 will have resurrection stone in kafra shop.
-> I want them to increase to cooldown time on the stone to match resurrection cooldown timer at max level.

- You said iRO2 doesn't have it in the store yet.
-> iRO2 will have resurrection stone in kafra shop at some point.

Please let me know if you need further simplifying. I don't mind helping special people.

#11 Vendizzle

Vendizzle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

The OP is a clueless mouth breather. 0/10 Post.

Zerotities, who are you playing RO2 with?

Edited by Vendizzle, 19 April 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#12 VolunteerMod07

VolunteerMod07

I made it Off Topic

• Retired
  • 79 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Keep it civil. Thanks.

#13 Alleggretto

Alleggretto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

You have to admit, a 1hour rez is just too damn high.

#14 zidane86

zidane86

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Keep it civil. Thanks.

Well mod command to be civil. But how does this all start in the first place ? They move a topic with 4 page long "Acolyte/Priest Rez CD" to class discussion > acolyte section without any comment on the pots and then close topic of "Petition: Ressurection Cooldown Change' with saying this is rule breaking. And now this topic pop up again.
Would't easier that someone from official, list the changes that will be made compare to KRo2 and state the nature of change and just shut the rest up for better or for worst ?
All the player want is knowing what they are playing is that too much to ask ?

Edited by VolunteerMod07, 19 April 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#15 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

I have a solution that'd balance out all the issues.

Make it so there's no meaningful cooldown on Resurrection, but also so that it cannot be cast while in combat.
Keep the Kafra stones the way they are since they already have a somewhat reasonable cooldown (5 minutes was it?)

Result: Boss events not trivialized, but skill can actually be used in a useful manner.

Edited by Faolain, 19 April 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#16 zidane86

zidane86

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

great now my post is being deleted. I can almost hear them whispering to me. Run my mouth off even tho i break no rules as long as they dislike my post they can silent me. No point in debating or asking an answer as well just keep your mouth shut and play or you might even lose the chance to even play it.

VM07 Unapproved: User post and above has been unapproved.

Reason: Off-topic and Moderation conspiracy.

Edited by VolunteerMod07, 19 April 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#17 Vendizzle

Vendizzle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

I have a solution that'd balance out all the issues.

Make it so there's no meaningful cooldown on Resurrection, but also so that it cannot be cast while in combat.
Keep the Kafra stones the way they are since they already have a somewhat reasonable cooldown (5 minutes was it?)

Result: Boss events not trivialized, but skill can actually be used in a useful manner.

That makes no sense. They have ygg leaves for out of combat res. The whole point of res skill is so it can be used in combat. What you propose would only further the necessity for pay to win items. IMO if you want to leave the res cooldown at 50 minutes, that is fine but the bosses cannot be buffed like they were on seaRO. Additionally increase the cooldown on spinels to 15-20 minutes to balance it all out.

#18 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

I understand that your reading comprehension is average so I'll excuse you for that.

Let me dumb it down for you.

- iRO2 will have resurrection stone in kafra shop.
-> I want them to increase to cooldown time on the stone to match resurrection cooldown timer at max level.

- You said iRO2 doesn't have it in the store yet.
-> iRO2 will have resurrection stone in kafra shop at some point.

Please let me know if you need further simplifying. I don't mind helping special people.

Completely uncalled for.

It kind of ruins one of the big motivators to even make an FS anything when the skill you're known most for can only be used once an hour and anyone can Rez themselves with a cash shop item.

#19 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Completely uncalled for.

It kind of ruins one of the big motivators to even make an FS anything when the skill you're known most for can only be used once an hour and anyone can Rez themselves with a cash shop item.

If you actually level it up you can use it twice an hour* Also, sorcs get it too.

Edited by ODKN, 19 April 2013 - 05:41 PM.

#20 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

If you actually level it up you can use it twice an hour* Also, sorcs get it too.

So CDs reset at level up? Very nice. Also, that's why I said "FS anything" to include priests and sorcs.

#21 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

If that's the case, they why doesn't RO's Resurrection (or every other MMO's revive skill) have a 50-minute cooldown?

#22 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Completely uncalled for.

Oh I wasn't even talking about keeping the res skill timer the same. Just talking about raising the cooldown timer on the kafrashop res stone (spinel).

#23 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

So CDs reset at level up? Very nice. Also, that's why I said "FS anything" to include priests and sorcs.

I meant the skill, at max level the CD is only 30 minutes, hence twice an hour.

If that's the case, they why doesn't RO's Resurrection (or every other MMO's revive skill) have a 50-minute cooldown?

A fair few MMOs have such massive res cooldowns. Also, as stated before, the CD is only 30 if you max the skill out.

Edited by ODKN, 19 April 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#24 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

A fair few MMOs have such massive res cooldowns.

Which fair few?

#25 TKWizard

TKWizard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Wow, so thats why the Resurrection cooldown at 50 min was intended as the lower cooldown caused everyone to quit because it was way too easy to do Raids..

well, if they keep the overpowered mobs to a minimum, I guess it COULD be doable, but I'm going to sit on the sidelines for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users