Disappointed in GRINDING over Questing - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Disappointed in GRINDING over Questing

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 ARabidNun

ARabidNun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

It seems that after level 20, you MUST grind the extra 20% of the exp everytime to get to the next level. The lack of quests at this stage is frustrating because grinding 20k exp, then 25k exp, then 30k exp is very annoying. I would rather have fun doing a quest to get the 6k 5 times then kill the same monster over and over again.

Dungeoning is out of the question as you get 1/4 the exp killin a monster as you would soloing one outside.

#2 LunareticDawn

LunareticDawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

Well honestly, I'm glad that they at least have the amount of quests that they do have to bring you to that next level. I much prefer this method over the grind-only tactics that the original RO presented where you'd succumb to the monotony of the same monster over and over after awhile.

#3 LordLDF

LordLDF

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

Have you been doing Kharas as well, or the dungeon quests? They both give hefty amounts of xp. Also try checking your world map for any quest markers or move onto the next map if you've finished everything in that map. Also try doing buster quests if you need to grind or with kharas/quests in general.

#4 Rennie246

Rennie246

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

It seems that after level 20, you MUST grind the extra 20% of the exp everytime to get to the next level. The lack of quests at this stage is frustrating because grinding 20k exp, then 25k exp, then 30k exp is very annoying. I would rather have fun doing a quest to get the 6k 5 times then kill the same monster over and over again.

Dungeoning is out of the question as you get 1/4 the exp killin a monster as you would soloing one outside.

What? i got to 25 a hour ago and i never ran out of quest from 1-25 i even had 3 quests left at 24 when i got my level.

#5 ARabidNun

ARabidNun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Have you been doing Kharas as well, or the dungeon quests? They both give hefty amounts of xp. Also try checking your world map for any quest markers or move onto the next map if you've finished everything in that map. Also try doing buster quests if you need to grind or with kharas/quests in general.

That's the problem I cannot move into the next map. I need to get the next level to unlock the next series of quests but I need to grind the extra 25k-30k exp to unlock those quests. Then the process repeats itself...

#6 LordLDF

LordLDF

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

That's the problem I cannot move into the next map. I need to get the next level to unlock the next series of quests but I need to grind the extra 25k-30k exp to unlock those quests. Then the process repeats itself...

Did you skip kharas or dungeon quests? Check your quest log (L) to see if any quest has been hidden, it happens.

#7 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

^ Check the other stuff he's been asking. You shouldn't have to be grinding, all the way up to 50.

#8 ARabidNun

ARabidNun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

^ Check the other stuff he's been asking. You shouldn't have to be grinding, all the way up to 50.

No I am grinding after I finish the available quests in the area.

Say I am level 26, I finish all the quests I can in an area and I have to grind 20k+ exp to unlock the other quests in the area because they do not become available until 27, and the exp grained from all the quests does not equal the amount to get from 26-27.

#9 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

Well you're missing something.
Press O and open up your Khara window to see what you haven't done yet. Kharas are unlocked as you level and can be done concurrently with your regular quests. Several give experience and zeny.
Press M and see if there are any remaining yellow ! markers that aren't Daily quests from the bulletin board. Although you can do those too.
Press L to check your Quest Log to make sure you have nothing left.

If you're really doing every quest you can, then you should always be at or above level for the monsters you're asked to hunt.

#10 ARabidNun

ARabidNun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Well you're missing something.
Press O and open up your Khara window to see what you haven't done yet. Kharas are unlocked as you level and can be done concurrently with your regular quests. Several give experience and zeny.
Press M and see if there are any remaining yellow ! markers that aren't Daily quests from the bulletin board. Although you can do those too.
Press L to check your Quest Log to make sure you have nothing left.

If you're really doing every quest you can, then you should always be at or above level for the monsters you're asked to hunt.

I haven't done the 3rd zones dungeon quests, other than that Khara I have 2 left that is only around 7k EXP. Obviously something is wrong since I have done all the daily quests as well.

#11 Alleggretto

Alleggretto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

Not the right place for this at all, but what's the max level at the moment?
@ OP
Do your dungeon quest. I hope this isn't true because I'm FS healer and well...leveling is dreadfully slow, and I can't afford to be grinding with a level 1 spell for the rest of my life. xD

#12 Reifnir

Reifnir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

RO2 is built in such a way that to meet the next-zone level requirement you need to complete EVERY quest available, clear every Khara available AND buy a couple of Buster scrolls as well.
Most dungeons have quests built about re-runs (kill the boss 2 or 3 times, kill one boss, then come back for the other one) etc. Completing meta-Kahras (the blue smiley faces with arrows) helps a lot as well.
If you're saying you hit the grind with no quests and barely any Kharas left, you inevitably skipped several quests here and there, plain and simple.

#13 Yuumei

Yuumei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

Not the right place for this at all, but what's the max level at the moment?

For the beta, 35.

#14 NelKyuro

NelKyuro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

I think you have just missed some quests

#15 Flash2k6

Flash2k6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

this is because seaRO / iRO have nerfed the dungeon exp extremely. in kRO you were supposed to do 1-3 dungeon runs to get the exp to continue questing. seaRO / iRO lowered the exp of the dungeon monsters but didn't change the required exp for levels or the required level for quests so this has to cause trouble and grinding.

Edited by Flash2k6, 20 April 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#16 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

i would assume we would get a lot more quests come the official when warp portal can make their own, perhaps even community made quests like in RO, except a lot more ^^ hope the official release has plenty of community input

#17 Reifnir

Reifnir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

i would assume we would get a lot more quests come the official when warp portal can make their own, perhaps even community made quests like in RO, except a lot more ^^ hope the official release has plenty of community input

Unlike RO1, RO2 isn't flexible in that matter.
You'd have to go through Gravity with pretty much every alteration you need done, limiting changes to events and such (at best).
Long story short, there likely won't be a single piece of community-made content in RO2, ever.

#18 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:02 AM

awwh really? ): shoot, wish they would have something akin to steam workshop for Ragnarok

#19 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

I haven't done the 3rd zones dungeon quests, other than that Khara I have 2 left that is only around 7k EXP. Obviously something is wrong since I have done all the daily quests as well.

Probably too late for anyone to care, but I just got a chance to level my character to 20 today.

3rd zone would be South Plain, correct? So the dungeon quests you have would be for Wolves' Cave.
There are three quests for that dungeon. I'm looking at them right now.
- Leader of the Rackufs - 14802xp
- Spider in a Cave - 9469xp
- Collector Pride - 9387xp

That's already 33658xp. It'd be nice to complete all of that during an Exp Surge hour...

@Reifnir, or anyone else who uses Monster Buster scrolls:
Are they really that good? Worth it? I've never used one because I'm stingy.

#20 OniNoMeKyo

OniNoMeKyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationHere (not there).
  • Server:Yet

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:42 AM

They're not really that good. You're basically paying the guy to tell you kill <insert number> of <insert monster>, and you get a little bit of exp when you're done.

#21 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

Monster Busters are underrated. To me and solo players, they're essential. The reason being is I'm not a huge fan of waiting around for parties, so I end up skipping dungeon play until later on when there are more parties around for that, and when I can carry a team. A lot of players (Mostly the ones that rush through to get to cap) do this, so they need something to fill that gap.

Without dungeons, thats a huge chunk of EXP you're not getting. You need something to keep you on the right level as your quest line. I use Monster Busters all the time to 1, compensate for dungeon exp, and 2, keep my lvl+1 higher than the mobs i'm currently fighting (Being -1 or even at the same level of a certain mob makes a big difference when it comes to hit rate).

Even for the players who don't rush, I still think its efficient to ATLEAST buy one on top of your current quests. For example, you have a quest to kill rackufs 10 times? Why not buy a monster buster. Now you're getting 2 quests done for the time of 1. Its just a good idea to make this a habit, as it prevents you from getting into that dreaded situation where you have no quests left, and it helps you control what level you are compared to the monsters you're questing in. As far as cost, it really doesn't make a huge difference. By the time you're 50, you'll still have around 1k zeny or so from quests.

#22 RevLoveJoy

RevLoveJoy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Maybe the TS joined a guild and set his EXP Donation to 50%. That's the only probable thing I could think of if he was doing everything right. I got to 25 by only doing main and side quests, no khara exp reward, no exp boost from shop or event, no monster buster, only culvert dungeon done, no daily quest, no grinding (I`m an FS Priest, I really can't grind).

#23 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

You people must be doing something wrong, i got to 25 just doing the quests.

#24 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:59 AM

I got to 35 just doing quests o.O

#25 Velouce

Velouce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

The main problem seems to be that ridiculously bad experience given inside of dungeons. I'm pretty sure it was way better in seaRO. And that's what is missing. I hope this is a bug because it is supposed to be more exp, otherwise you'll always be lower level than you should (always fight mobs 1-2level above you, always get gear 2+level above yours and in worst case even have no quests left).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users