180 replies to this topic

#26 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

It's good, although you won't heal a lot with that level of Seal of Earth.

Ah, Alright! I was kind of worried about it, but the whole healing situation doesn't bother me... most healers are FS so they don't need help around these levels in normal dungeons, Im not too sure about raids or endgame yet! I only tend to need to heal when the tank is getting beat on really badly and the healer needs that helping hand though. :x

Thank you for your opinion btw Kiyo! :)

Edited by Tillis, 07 May 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#27 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationYour Monitor O_o

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

I'm not sure about endgame either, as I haven't gotten there yet, but yeah Sorcs are kinda like the backup healer.

#28 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

I'm not sure about endgame either, as I haven't gotten there yet, but yeah Sorcs are kinda like the backup healer.

Yeah! I've found Deluge is the skill that seems to really do a lot of healing with my build (or maybe thats just with any build!), but as far as supporting main healers most just seem to prefer me to dps unless absolutely needed so I just follow what they want and it normally goes well. xD

Edit: and if you don't mind me asking, what level are you currently? :o

Edited by Tillis, 07 May 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#29 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationYour Monitor O_o

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

For me, I usually keep up Land of Recovery on the ranged classes unless the melee ones really need it, and I'm currently Lv 29. Probably could have made it to 30 if I didn't lose motivation, lol. :<

Deluge is pretty much the Sorcerer equivalent to Priest's Sanctuary. It's my personal panic button when bosses like Penomena and Leviathan throw those nasty AoEs at your party.

#30 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

For me, I usually keep up Land of Recovery on the ranged classes unless the melee ones really need it, and I'm currently Lv 29. Probably could have made it to 30 if I didn't lose motivation, lol. :<

Deluge is pretty much the Sorcerer equivalent to Priest's Sanctuary. It's my personal panic button when bosses like Penomena and Leviathan throw those nasty AoEs at your party.

Oh yeah? @-@ Levi was pretty easy imo unless the tank loses hate then hes just plain nasty because his normal hits hurt like a brick, but if you stay out of the blue ring its fine. Melee DPS should be close enough for you to heal both the tank and them as well.

For Peno the healer and I just bunched up with any range DPS if there was any and if not I'd cut out of that plan and help heal melee seeing they were the bigger bunch then that normally went fine, thing is healers seem to have a pause here and there between skills according to what one said to me so it takes time for them to spread their heals and focus on multiple people but if you give them some help its normally fine.

It seems like you and I think the same though as far as how we heal! I would like to add that we also had a knight for those runs who happens to be a pair with me so that could of been a factor as well! ^^

On a side note: For Peno, I found if stuff gets too bad it is also good to have pots on hand but eventually we didn't need them when we got the hang of him! We ran like 20 runs? that day all together with Izrude Cave and Sea Temple both.

Edited by Tillis, 07 May 2013 - 07:11 PM.

#31 HydraCard

HydraCard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

i feel bad for you guys since your new to the game. ill help you out.
i have 2 level 50 sorcs in SEA( j server)with full pvp gear/coa sets (one for pure PVP one is for PvE)

some advice for you guys:
1. Deluge 2 is enough emergency raid healing with eartharms switching.
2. JT mastery level 2 is cheap it gives 13% chance as to level 3 only 15%.
3. A sorc with no varetyr spear is a useless sorc (leave the healing to Priests/Linkers) we are hybrids minor healing + Awesomesauce burst dps is what we do best
4. Summon the water elemental its free dps
6. Use foresight it makes 3 of your skills instant cast. Foresight > FD > JT > Varetyr > JT. Instant Casts like Varetyr Spear dosent consume Foresight charges
7. LoR dosent consume Foresight Charges trust me its bugged
8. Meditation is broken 1 is enough (wasted 2 reset stones cuz of this)
9. Always prioritize casting LoR even in lightning arms because helping priests is a must in this game
10. Frost Diver level 3 is awesome cuz jt + varetyr can hit the target while its frozen if your close enough(flight time of spells are a bit slow specially with lag)
11. Switching Arms is common with sorcs. earth arms will double the healing of Deluge, you can switch back to lightning arms after casting it
12.Never be shy of changing to Eartharms and focusing on healing sometimes this is the diff between a dead party and an awesome loot
13. ALWAYS DO COLISEUMS!! WIN OR LOSE YOU GET POINTS!!! THAT MEAN BLACK DRAGON STAFF FROM COLE IS THE BEST WEAPON FOR PVP/PVE(well Abyss staff is better but no one can kill the last boss yet so yeah thats the best weapon)

Hybrid: PvE http://ro2base.com/b...310543.22310543 alternative#1 http://ro2base.com/b...310543.22310543 alternative#2 http://ro2base.com/b...310543.22310543
Pure DPS (not Recommended): http://ro2base.com/b...310543.22310543
FS (Boring as hell): http://ro2base.com/b...310543.22310543

PVP: http://ro2base.com/b...310543.22310543

some tips for pvp in coleseums.
go naked (repairs are a pain and your stats scale up so being naked is the same with having purple gear) except black gear pvp gear can boost dps and defense against other people.
patience is a virtue. casting varetyr spear on the right target on the right time will determine a champion (ihve been champ 32 times because i like to wait and ks hehehe)
change the tab setting: in cole its hard to click people running around so change your setting in the options menu and then u can tab target people hiding in those corners

P.S.

buy 5 Scratch Thief Cards normal+ this thing will save your life

agi is the best stat in the game. end game gear has a lot of int and not much agi. trust me base agi stat 51 on your char is the best. int 27. vit 3.

hope this will be useful.

Edited by HydraCard, 12 May 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#32 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

@Hydra, Much appreciated but I think I'll pass on leveling the dps water summon. Yes its true he helps a lot with dps but he also auto hits anything that moves, which is a pain for me when im dpsing and finishing up or looking for a certain mob. I can also painfully picture him hitting a boss with my luck because he has been that much of a butt summon lately.

I also like to play it safe and level deluge, seeing its one of our more powerful healing skills.

Edit: urm... also.. the skill is memorize not foresight... >.<

Edited by Tillis, 08 May 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#33 HydraCard

HydraCard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

@Hydra, Much appreciated but I think I'll pass on leveling the dps water summon. Yes its true he helps a lot with dps but he also auto hits anything that moves, which is a pain for me when im dpsing and finishing up or looking for a certain mob. I can also painfully picture him hitting a boss with my luck because he has been that much of a butt summon lately.

I also like to play it safe and level deluge, seeing its one of our more powerful healing skills.

Edit: urm... also.. the skill is memorize not foresight... >.<

yep 1 would be enough if your hybrid so thats fine. but if your going pure dps it is a must. then again to each his own =D

uhhm again its up to you because with end game gear my deluge heals about 600 - 800 per tick if i switch to eartharms so i think its wasteful to level it up more.

sorry about the name but in sea it was foresight so yeah =D

@Tillis i looked at your build its fine but eartharms is really useful since switching in between bosshunts will be expected from you when your raiding but then again its up to you i just wanted to mention the pros and cons of the build. cheerio!

p.s. dont use roskillsim the description of the skills are not updated try using the one from roguard or robase

Edited by HydraCard, 08 May 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#34 YuenSan

YuenSan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationComputer...

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

Also even though the arms skills are what they are, I think we just call them seals already...

Here's where I'm going for in skills atm...you can ignore the stats and cards in the build. Since I'm a solo lvler, my strengths rely on DPS skills. Though I still have decent healing levels...
http://ro2base.com/b...310628.22310628

Until I can find the right cards, that's pretty much what I'm going for at this point.

#35 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

yep 1 would be enough if your hybrid so thats fine. but if your going pure dps it is a must. then again to each his own =D

uhhm again its up to you because with end game gear my deluge heals about 600 - 800 per tick if i switch to eartharms so i think its wasteful to level it up more.

sorry about the name but in sea it was foresight so yeah =D

@Tillis i looked at your build its fine but eartharms is really useful since switching in between bosshunts will be expected from you when your raiding but then again its up to you i just wanted to mention the pros and cons of the build. cheerio!

p.s. dont use roskillsim the description of the skills are not updated try using the one from roguard or robase

I'm actually a hybrid, so thats more or less why. I'll also think about changing earth seal but thanks for the advice! ^^

Edit: Also so far I've been duo'ing with a knight, so as far as solo play is concerned I don't have much of a issue. In dungeon parties I normally have a FS priest, but they normally decline and say they got it under control. For raids..... Im not too sure, considering I haven't endgame'd yet.

In the end though I seem to still heal enough for monsters outside dungeons, when stuff gets bad I still seem to heal enough to keep stuff from crashing in dungeons by switching to earth seal and healing with the healer... so idk.

Oh I took a look at the site and played around with the skills a bit... so what about this Hydra? (I was only really playing with the skill section because well... I want to be 41/41 in stats) @-@ http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Edited by Tillis, 09 May 2013 - 06:09 AM.

#36 HydraCard

HydraCard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

@Tillis well i suggest leaving soul bind/res to 1 and at putting the 1 skill point to cold bolt because its still takes too much time even at level 2. (not Worth it)
cold bolt level 4 is better, other than that im cool with your skill build. 41 - 41 stats are fine too i guess.

@Yuen too much skill points on deluge though level 2 would be enough trust me. endgame wise youll be healing alot when you have sufficient int. cold bolt 1 god i remember doing the same build when i was a mage took me forever to level to 25. again i must say having cold bolt at least level 3 would be good because the constant damage outweighs random chance of proccing wind arms.

story time!. A dps priest and I were farmin goblin leader for oridecons, he has lots of hp even with end game equips killing him took some time. there was a period of 2 goblin leaders that i ddnt proc up wind arms so i ddnt cast jupitel and varetyr spear and was relying solely on cold bolt it significantly slowed the process of killing the GL. sad but true even if it says 20% on wind arms level 5 it still is random.
then again its up to you guys i just think constant damage outweighs overhealing with deluge. (might i remind you that its 2 min cd) a boss fight usually lasts 5 - 7 mins. thats 7 mins of constant cold bolt damage vs 3 uses of deluge. and usually there are 2 sorcs in a party.

Edited by HydraCard, 12 May 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#37 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

@Hydra true, but I hear a rumor that if you use the craft summon you have right before soul bind. the recast time will reduce itself meaning you only have like 30 or so mins.... it may be long still but i'd find that useful... but maybe it was a lie.... so i guess cold bolt is ok. Btw, I still like my Deluge least 3 :P

Edited by Tillis, 09 May 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#38 YuenSan

YuenSan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationComputer...

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Nice tips, but there was a reason why I left cold bolt at 1 so that I had more skill points for the rest of the skills, and since I'm using the agi dominant sorc build, I see no real difference in dmg back when I maxed out cold bolt back in beta. And cards that major in INT kinda help out too. As for deluge, I'll keep it in mind, but I like the over-healing due to the fact that I solo bosses. and I'd have no where else to put the remaining points other than LoV and I'm not much of an AoE-ist.

#39 HydraCard

HydraCard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

@Tillis actually its not a rumor its because at max level the summon gives you extra vigor and haste. Vigor as we all know reduces cooldowns of skills. awesome right? but the drawback is the summon has a cooldown of 30 mins so yeah thats the reason. its not really worth wasting 1 point from res. coldbolt 4 is fine

@YuenSan yep i understand that your an agi build so am i both my sorcs are 51 agi 27 int and 3 vit. trust me when i say that endgame gear has so much int that level 5 cold bolt would be your bread and butter. purple gear has so much int that a 1% increase in coldbolt damge will be amplified exponentially. and i suggest not focusing so much on normal bosses / soloing in the maps since endgame bosses (purple drops) needs party members no less than 10. like bapho, coa, cole and abyss. i even had the experience of raiding with a 8 sorc party 1 wiz and 1 knight lol (pre nerf though) oh and i suggest leaving JT mastery to 2.
JT level 1 gives 5% JT level 2 - 13% and JT level 3 - 15% dont ask me why its just the way it is lol.

its up to you guys if you wanna focus on soloing bosses in the world map or focusing on endgame gear bosses like Master Kremp god i hate that rat bastard..

Edited by HydraCard, 09 May 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#40 YuenSan

YuenSan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationComputer...

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

its up to you guys if you wanna focus on soloing bosses in the world map or focusing on endgame gear bosses like Master Kremp god i hate that rat bastard..

Ha.. I think everyone did during the last few minutes of beta...

#41 HydraCard

HydraCard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Ha.. I think everyone did during the last few minutes of beta...

i havent played here yet so i duuno what happened. im guessing he was summoned in prontera/alberta and killed everyone with his turtle army?

#42 YuenSan

YuenSan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationComputer...

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

i havent played here yet so i duuno what happened. im guessing he was summoned in prontera/alberta and killed everyone with his turtle army?

No, he was summoned with Baphomet

Aside from that, yeah I think I'm understanding your Hybrid build (1st one). It just a shame on the small points in Deluge though.

Edited by YuenSan, 09 May 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#43 HydraCard

HydraCard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

@YuenSan oh bapho(h) is a nightmare. bapho(n) is a joke lol. well as i stated above deluge level 2 is more than enough for me and my guildmates with end game gear.

glad to be of any help to you guys

Edited by HydraCard, 09 May 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#44 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

You were right hydra. We should keep ourselves naked at all times to conceal our main identity! Because you will always be targeted if you're a non-50 character, especially when you're a Sorcerer LOL!

#45 Coulrophobia

Coulrophobia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

After reading all of this, I'm even more confused than when I started. Lol.

Thanks for all the information, though. I guess I will just have to figure out what works for me.

#46 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

just some things:

1. Deluge is needed on higher raids not for the healing but for the +% HP buff and with a fix raid, doing different level deluge combo is very useful.
2. AGI is way better than INT in terms of Heal and Burst Damage, as crit procures a lot!
3. A sorc must accept that he/she is a HYBRID and that he/she should do both things and with it maxing two seals is essential.
4. With #2 and #3 Cold bolt and Healing Wave can or must stay on lvl 1 only, those 4 skill points should be better off with much useful skills.
5. With proper timing of Guardian Summon, you can achieve 19mins cool down of resurrection on just lvl 2 resurrection skill.
6. JTM lvl 2 is better than JTM lvl 3.
7. Lightning Bolt is better in colosseum than Cold Bolt at times, so you need to switch things up during PVP
8. Foresight is enough at lvl 1, it is only useful with FD on the combo, if not its a nonsense foresighting on PVE.
9. Do not increase level of LOV, you are not an AOE damage dealer, better maximize your bursting single target skills!
10. if you need a benchmark on low level - high level hybrid sorc visit this channel on youtube - lizghel http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

Edited by Tlaltecuhtli, 10 May 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#47 HydraCard

HydraCard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

You were right hydra. We should keep ourselves naked at all times to conceal our main identity! Because you will always be targeted if you're a non-50 character, especially when you're a Sorcerer LOL!

this is yet another good reason to pvp naked lol besides its not everyday you go naked and kill people at the same time right?

After reading all of this, I'm even more confused than when I started. Lol.

Thanks for all the information, though. I guess I will just have to figure out what works for me.

any specific things you are confused about? i shall try and help

just some things:

1. Deluge is needed on higher raids not for the healing but for the +% HP buff and with a fix raid, doing different level deluge combo is very useful.
2. AGI is way better than INT in terms of Heal and Burst Damage, as crit procures a lot!
3. A sorc must accept that he/she is a HYBRID and that he/she should do both things and with it maxing two seals is essential.
4. With #2 and #3 Cold bolt and Healing Wave can or must stay on lvl 1 only, those 4 skill points should be better off with much useful skills.
5. With proper timing of Guardian Summon, you can achieve 19mins cool down of resurrection on just lvl 2 resurrection skill.
6. JTM lvl 2 is better than JTM lvl 3.
7. Lightning Bolt is better in colosseum than Cold Bolt at times, so you need to switch things up during PVP
8. Foresight is enough at lvl 1, it is only useful with FD on the combo, if not its a nonsense foresighting on PVE.
9. Do not increase level of LOV, you are not an AOE damage dealer, better maximize your bursting single target skills!
10. if you need a benchmark on low level - high level hybrid sorc visit this channel on youtube - lizghel http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

this guy knows his stuff ^ then again i am not saying that my build is the best there is if you read carefully the that (i assume) build is PURE DPS ok? i do not recommend using it but people were pming me to pu up a pure dps spec there it is.

1. no its not, with high enough gear even deluge level 1 would heal a significant amount.
2. yep i agree with this. twice to be exact.
3. yep thats why i ut up the hybrid build up there too.
4. cold bolt 5 for my experience is very useful since you cant always hope to proc wind arms.
5. yes but buying res stones eisier than gimping your skill build with a wasted 1 skill point.
6. i agree with this
7. battle styles differ from person to person. i just prefer not using it cuz i often get ksed by a priest. >.<\
8. again you must read the post i made it was a pure dps build (i even stated that its not recommended)
9. read this^
10. i think your youtube link is not working?

again guys you dont need to tell me your criticisms with the builds i posted i only put it up there to be an example. your char is your choice cb1 or cb 5 it dosent matter i just posted here because some guys were confused with the builds and other skills with a sorc. i merely provided examples though my experience in playing a sorc. i am not here for your approval im just trying to nudge some guys whose asking for help. i am no longer playing ro2 for a month but i keep in touch with some friends that still do so please dont hate me if some of my advices are outdated. peace yall.

Edited by HydraCard, 11 May 2013 - 04:32 AM.

#48 HydraCard

HydraCard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:38 AM

this is my first guide to sorcs if anybody cares to take a look.

http://forum.roguard...rcerer-s-guide/

#49 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

AHH, SO YOU'RE KABLAM.

I've been a huge fan of yours. Your guide is so awesome and is the guide which inspired me to make a Sorcerer.!!

#50 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

this is yet another good reason to pvp naked lol besides its not everyday you go naked and kill people at the same time right?

any specific things you are confused about? i shall try and help

this guy knows his stuff ^ then again i am not saying that my build is the best there is if you read carefully the that (i assume) build is PURE DPS ok? i do not recommend using it but people were pming me to pu up a pure dps spec there it is.

1. no its not, with high enough gear even deluge level 1 would heal a significant amount.
2. yep i agree with this. twice to be exact.
3. yep thats why i ut up the hybrid build up there too.
4. cold bolt 5 for my experience is very useful since you cant always hope to proc wind arms.
5. yes but buying res stones eisier than gimping your skill build with a wasted 1 skill point.
6. i agree with this
7. battle styles differ from person to person. i just prefer not using it cuz i often get ksed by a priest. >.<\
8. again you must read the post i made it was a pure dps build (i even stated that its not recommended)
9. read this^
10. i think your youtube link is not working?

again guys you dont need to tell me your criticisms with the builds i posted i only put it up there to be an example. your char is your choice cb1 or cb 5 it dosent matter i just posted here because some guys were confused with the builds and other skills with a sorc. i merely provided examples though my experience in playing a sorc. i am not here for your approval im just trying to nudge some guys whose asking for help. i am no longer playing ro2 for a month but i keep in touch with some friends that still do so please dont hate me if some of my advices are outdated. peace yall.

just to clear things up, i didnt come here to criticize your build but share some of my thoughts and experience regarding your thread and guide.

and for the sake of counter argument(for the benefit of those who still in doubt of their build(tho im not saying i or TS is right)):

1. like deluge is not just for healing, the +20% HP comes very handy during hard raids and of high damage AOE.
  • at 4% + increase on hp at level 1, its a bit tiny compared to +20% HP.
  • try to imagine kremp doing that 7k aoe, with level 1 on 6k buffed HP, thats a sure 1 hit ko. but having +20% for 10 seconds, the party can survive the hit.
  • and with someone partnering you with a level 4 deluge, that goes up to 20%+16% total increase in HP.
3. i just open up one obvious fact, i appreciate your builds so no worries.
4. Maxing cold bolt is totally up to the user, no wrong with that, i just pointed up that a critical hit can make up for the damage loss or healing loss on Healing Wave/Rejuvination and thats why i referenced it to #2 and #3 of my list. And that i just use it to procure wind arms effect to begin boss dps cycle, cuz mob dps cycle starts with FD.
5. buying spinels is very handy but it comes with a cost, while doing better resu cool downs and with the right timing of guardians, one may save up those money for better equips, plus your raid is on a much faster pace for not waiting long cd of resurrections.
7. yeah i feel you bro, kill steals stressed me too, but then again, you can follow someone while doing LB, unlike doing CB where you have to pause and wait for release. One thing i do, Lock on someone running with LB, and if youre target is stationary, just do FD+JT+VS or FD+VS+JT, that gets the job better.
10. http://www.youtube.com/user/lizghel

its ok if people are making pure fs, dps or hybrid, im just telling something that are obvious during end games.

End Games requires a lot of DPS and a lot of Support, Rangers and Wizzies are preferred to do most of the RDPS, and that Priests are better off supporting, so now thats where we come in, the sorcs, having utilized skills to do both.

again this is not a criticism but added info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users