180 replies to this topic

#101 TheCommander

TheCommander

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

I noticed in your cast order for stuff you have it FD -> VS -> JT. I found that if you throw out VS before JT, the stun from VS wares off at the exact same time FD wares off. However, if you throw JT first, and then VS, you have a couple more seconds before the target can move towards you.

#102 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

I did some PvP matches from lvl 30 to 37/38.
And i won every PvP Match so far.
They were all Wind/Earth Build (probably 1 of them was a hybrid)

They start spam me with Ice bolt until they got proc and get me down like 30% of my hp while they are still at 60%, i spam my fire Bolts and Fireballs , and win at 20% hp left becuase im killing them before they get the second porc.

PVP Fire Seal > Wind/Earth Seal ^^

It's funny since so many "Pros" told me my build sucks and loosed in pvp against my Fire Build Seal and tbh i had bad equpment and even worse Cards (i can show you the Screens of my Equpment, i got 0815 cards)
so ya to all those wannabes told me i'm such a noob to going for a Fire Seal and got owned ............. life is going on ^^

PEACE u Pro nabs XD .....!

grats

but a foresighted FD JT VS JT will own you instantly.
people need to get off CB as a starter on pvp. LOL

#103 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationYour Monitor O_o
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

I noticed in your cast order for stuff you have it FD -> VS -> JT. I found that if you throw out VS before JT, the stun from VS wares off at the exact same time FD wares off. However, if you throw JT first, and then VS, you have a couple more seconds before the target can move towards you.

Actually, yeah you're right. I'll change that, lol.

#104 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:02 AM

Hey there sorc guru's I just wanted to know where else could I opt to spend points in cold bolt in?

So far I have a build that allows me to get max deluge, max earth shield, max LoR and max JT & VS

http://www.ro2base.c....1.23/0.0.0.0.0

My query is that at the moment, I have level 4 cold bolt in there, If I were to opt to go and leave it at level 1, where would be the best places to allocate the 3 extra points?

Thanks for any replies!

#105 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

Hey there sorc guru's I just wanted to know where else could I opt to spend points in cold bolt in?

So far I have a build that allows me to get max deluge, max earth shield, max LoR and max JT & VS

http://www.ro2base.c....1.23/0.0.0.0.0

My query is that at the moment, I have level 4 cold bolt in there, If I were to opt to go and leave it at level 1, where would be the best places to allocate the 3 extra points?

Thanks for any replies!

I don't see Jupitel Thunder maxed with the link you provided, so I'd put two points there, leaving you with Lv 2 Cold Bolt. Nothing else is worth leveling at that point.

#106 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

I don't see Jupitel Thunder maxed with the link you provided, so I'd put two points there, leaving you with Lv 2 Cold Bolt. Nothing else is worth leveling at that point.

:o You're right! XD

Well that'll be my build then. Hopefully Cold Bolt level 2 will keep my sanity pre sorc, then after sorc I'll probably max out JT/VS (if I can) before working on the other two trees (Deluge first? Maybe?)

Thanks for the answers!

Edited by SuperGlue, 01 June 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#107 8212130504095551243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

I hope this has grown well into a build discussion thread, because I definitely need some advice.
I'm planning to build a predominantly dps hybrid sorc and I've been thinking of dropping Earth Seal.
Most of the time, I will use Wind Seal, and weave LoR with half effect into DPS rotation whether I have earth seal or not.
Point heals are out of the question, there is just no place for them in the build.
So the only times I actually use Earth Seal is for Deluge cast.

With Earth Seal, I can only afford level 3 Deluge.
http://www.ro2skills...naoqBdDqBrDdBrA
It's going to heal a lot (64% per tick), give 12% maxhp buff.
It will take slightly more time to cast because of two seal switch animations.
I will also have to wait until it ticks for the first time before I can switch back into wind.

Without Earth Seal, I can get level 5 Deluge.
http://www.ro2skills...naoqBdFebrDdBrA
It will only heal half assedly (39% per tick), but give 20% maxhp buff.
Also the Deluge cast will take less time.

Some points shaved off LoR and Earth Shield could give me both, but I'm reluctant to lose 4% of tank's def and 10% of my LoR healing.
http://www.ro2skills...naoqBdFqBoddBrA

I would be very happy to get feedback and advice on which approach is the most beneficial for raiding as hybrid sorcerer, and especially which of the Deluge effects is more important, healing or maxhp buff. (inb4 both)

Edited by 8212130504095551243, 01 June 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#108 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:07 AM

I hope this has grown well into a build discussion thread, because I definitely need some advice.
I'm planning to build a predominantly dps hybrid sorc and I've been thinking of dropping Earth Seal.
Most of the time, I will use Wind Seal, and weave LoR with half effect into DPS rotation whether I have earth seal or not.
Point heals are out of the question, there is just no place for them in the build.

I will also have to wait until it ticks for the first time before I can switch back into wind.

Some points shaved off LoR and Earth Shield could give me both, but I'm reluctant to lose 4% of tank's def and 10% of my LoR healing.

I would be very happy to get feedback and advice on which approach is the most beneficial for raiding as hybrid sorcerer, and especially which of the Deluge effects is more important, healing or maxhp buff. (inb4 both)

Mm...how about trying this build? http://www.ro2skills...naoqBdFqBrdgOrA

You only lose 2% from LoR if you drop it to 3. JT Mastery at Lv 2 because that proc can make a world of difference (it did for me). Your Cold Bolt damage will still be great, and you get an awesome Deluge. You could also choose to drop Frost Diver to Lv 1 due to the fact that its usefulness diminishes endgame, but I'm not there yet, so you'll have to ask other experienced Sorcs about that.

#109 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

3 options so you can maximize your "hybrid"(im not yet comfortable with the term hybrid to sorcs as it is sorcs nature~_~

1. Drop LOR to 3 to get LVL 5 deluge or LOR to 4 so you can pair up someones deluge with a level 4(36% increase in hp).
2. Drop Cold Bolt to 1, max Deluge, lvl 2 soul bind(19minutes with effective guardian summon), lvl 2 JT mastery
3. Drop Cold Bolt to 4, get deluge lvl 4

Do not drop your earth seal, its the main reason why you can heal effectively!

Mm...how about trying this build? http://www.ro2skills...naoqBdFqBrdgOrA

You only lose 2% from LoR if you drop it to 3. JT Mastery at Lv 2 because that proc can make a world of difference (it did for me). Your Cold Bolt damage will still be great, and you get an awesome Deluge. You could also choose to drop Frost Diver to Lv 1 due to the fact that its usefulness diminishes endgame, but I'm not there yet, so you'll have to ask other experienced Sorcs about that.

Dropping FD will only means dropping a 6(first strike) + 3(2nd decreased duration strike) second disable from DG over powered summons. ie. Bombers on Bapho H, Abyss summons on COA, AOD boss summons. Plus its an effective tool in pvp and colo to get instant 2x damage while disabling foes.

:o You're right! XD

Well that'll be my build then. Hopefully Cold Bolt level 2 will keep my sanity pre sorc, then after sorc I'll probably max out JT/VS (if I can) before working on the other two trees (Deluge first? Maybe?)

Thanks for the answers!

lvl 2 or lvl 3 on a 5 level capped offensive skill isnt worth the one precious skill point. Its either lvl 1 lvl 4 or max.
Get your JT maxed and the last point to soul bind. JT is your next best friend after FD and a couple of CB while waiting for VS
soul bind is really helpful ^_^

#110 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Dropping FD will only means dropping a 6(first strike) + 3(2nd decreased duration strike) second disable from DG over powered summons. ie. Bombers on Bapho H, Abyss summons on COA, AOD boss summons. Plus its an effective tool in pvp and colo to get instant 2x damage while disabling foes.

True. I just mentioned it as an option, but I'd really advise against that.

#111 8212130504095551243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

Thank you very much for your response.
Due to limitations of my already distributed skills(LoR 4, Cold Bold 5), I had to edit your suggested build to this:
http://www.ro2skills...naoqBdEqBrqdBrA

Whether it warrants a reset in future will depend on whether I can sacrifice Earth Shield and Frost Diver, and also dps theorycrafting (CB4->5 vs JTM1->2).
Does anyone know how much time do animations for cold bolt, jupitel thunder and varetyr spear take exactly? That information would help a lot.

Edited by 8212130504095551243, 03 June 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#112 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

Thank you very much for your response.
Due to limitations of my already distributed skills(LoR 4, Cold Bold 5), I had to edit your suggested build to this:
http://www.ro2skills...naoqBdEqBrqdBrA

Whether it warrants a reset in future will depend on whether I can sacrifice Earth Shield and Frost Diver, and also dps theorycrafting (CB4->5 vs JTM1->2).
Does anyone know how much time do animations for cold bolt, jupitel thunder and varetyr spear take exactly? That information would help a lot.

you will notice theres always 2 sorcs or a maximized 3 sorcs per raid, and with that, the most effective solution imo is lessening Earth Shield to get JTM to 2 and FD 3 and rely on the other sorcs to buff the party.
NON-Guardian Animation
VS is instant cast, JT on JTM is the same. Normal JT takes 2.5 seconds(depends on haste) CB on 1.5-2 second cast(depends on haste)
Guardian Animation
Normal JT takes 1.5-2 seconds, CB on .5-1 second.

Edited by Tlaltecuhtli, 03 June 2013 - 11:53 PM.

#113 8212130504095551243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

VS is instant cast, JT on JTM is the same.

How long does instant cast take? Obviously not 0, there is some animation delay or global cooldown, or something similar.

#114 Shuro

Shuro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHome Sweet Home~
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

Hi, i'm new in RO2 and i've got some questions... Is really helpful to max Earth Arms? 10% (lvl 5) increased heal is really so effective? Why JTM is enough at lvl 2 (10% on 15% at lvl 3)? What level of cold bolt should i have?

I'd like to build an hybrid DPS oriented Sorc... but i'm really hesitant to max EA leaving skills like LoR and Deluge at 3.

Ty :D

#115 glock47

glock47

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

Hi, i'm new in RO2 and i've got some questions... Is really helpful to max Earth Arms? 10% (lvl 5) increased heal is really so effective? Why JTM is enough at lvl 2 (10% on 15% at lvl 3)? What level of cold bolt should i have?

I'd like to build an hybrid DPS oriented Sorc... but i'm really hesitant to max EA leaving skills like LoR and Deluge at 3.

This is not 10% but 100% increased heal so it's effective.

#116 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

Like the poster above me said, Earth Seal is actually +100% at Lv 5, so you really should max it. Also, JTM in this server is 7% at Lv1, 13% at Lv2, and 15% at Lv3.

I would personally say your Cold Bolt can be any level. Maybe 4 or 5 if you want to build a Hybrid that is more focused on DPS.

On another note, let me update the skill build section again...lol

Edited by Kiyoshiro, 04 June 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#117 superhbman

superhbman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

Looking for skill build comment.

I'm aiming for mostly heal sorc, with burst damage so I won't die of boredom when I'm solo-ing or to help kill in dungeons when healing is not currently needed. Burst because I'll be spending most of my time healing.

Le skill build

Explanations:
Cold Bolt 1: Meant to level up for DPS since waiting for Wind Emblem or Jupitel Thunder Mastery proc is not reliable. Left at 1 since I'm leaning towards burst damage.
Frost Diver 3: For soloing purposes and maybe some PvP. Could drop it to 1 and max Jupitel Thunder and Varetyr Spear.
Healing Wave 5: Aiming to solo heal groups and more healing goodness.
Deluge 4: To match the Priest's +15% HP from Aspersio + Sanctuary.
Jupitel Thunder Mastery 2: 13%. Next level is 15% so it's not really worth it.

Future plans: Max out Jupitel Thunder and Varetyr Spear then whatever new awesome skills there are.

#118 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

I'm aiming for mostly heal sorc, with burst damage so I won't die of boredom when I'm solo-ing or to help kill in dungeons when healing is not currently needed. Burst because I'll be spending most of my time healing.

Le skill build

Explanations:
Cold Bolt 1: Meant to level up for DPS since waiting for Wind Emblem or Jupitel Thunder Mastery proc is not reliable. Left at 1 since I'm leaning towards burst damage.
Frost Diver 3: For soloing purposes and maybe some PvP. Could drop it to 1 and max Jupitel Thunder and Varetyr Spear.

Future plans: Max out Jupitel Thunder and Varetyr Spear then whatever new awesome skills there are.

Your build looks fine to me, actually. Dunno what other people will say though.

#119 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

How long does instant cast take? Obviously not 0, there is some animation delay or global cooldown, or something similar.

upon pushing your button itll will let out the skill, WTF? lol srsly?
watch this to get an idea

EA at lvl 1 is a nonsense, EA lvl 5 is a requirement to maximize heals.
Again dont coin a sorc hybrid as it is naturally a hybrid ~_~:"
JTM can be procured by any level CB.
Leave LOR when you get a high amount of MATK, Get LVL 4 or maxed Deluge for full effect.

Le skill build

Explanations:

Very well laid skill plan.
you might want to max JT and VS for full damage burst tho.
HW maxed is only 5% greater than lvl 1 so i think you can get 2 skill points to fill up your JT and JTM
think about getting soul bind too before they open up coa.
as for everything, looks neat!

#120 Meowshi

Meowshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

You should not plan a sorc around "burst damage". You should plan a sorc around max damage, as your job is to do DPS in raids- not to crit it 3 times and suddenly do -_- damage.

Because of that, this is literally the only viable build out there if you want to maximize DPS. Any different than this and you are unnecessarially gimping yourself.
http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Possible alterations is switching L4 Deluge to up to L1 deluge and taking Summon Aqua up to higher levels. However, this is completely up to how geared your raid is. Another, as mentioned above, is the possibility of only taking level 1 Earth Shield because you have another sorc in your raid. With this I would max out Jupital Thunder Mastery and possibly LoV.

An easy fix for if you want to pvp is to take the two points out of Cold Bolt and into Frost Diver. Frost Diver is actually very good for PVE in very niche situations (The entirety of Bapho Hard, All trash monsters, Xeno Spider Repair Drone, Bapho Normal Horong, and so on). This would turn the build into this

However, keep in mind you are sacrificing 8% cold bolt, which should be ~3% of your DPS for PVP. It's a worthy trade off.

#121 SynteticSmile

SynteticSmile

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:56 PM

After few tests, this one is the perfect build for my Hybrid Sorc for now:

http://www.ro2base.c...310247.22310247

#122 superhbman

superhbman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

Your build looks fine to me, actually. Dunno what other people will say though.

Thank you.

Very well laid skill plan.
you might want to max JT and VS for full damage burst tho.
HW maxed is only 5% greater than lvl 1 so i think you can get 2 skill points to fill up your JT and JTM
think about getting soul bind too before they open up coa.
as for everything, looks neat!

Yea, I would like to max out JT and VT. I'm not going to take it out of HW though, because level 1 (12% / 24%) to level 5 (17% / 34%) is a 41.666...% increase in heal amount; and from my experience so far, I feel that I need every bit that I can get.
Is CoA really that hard? I mean if battle res is literally a necessity for downing a boss, then yea I'll have to reconsider both my Priest and Sorcerer skills.

You should not plan a sorc around "burst damage". You should plan a sorc around max damage, as your job is to do DPS in raids- not to crit it 3 times and suddenly do -_- damage.

Thing is, I'm going for healing as my main role and burst as second role because I want to be able to have strong healing output, enough to solo heal groups of 5 and later take a spot as a full healer. Or are healer sorcerers not wanted anywhere, anytime, ever?

#123 Meowshi

Meowshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

Thing is, I'm going for healing as my main role and burst as second role because I want to be able to have strong healing output, enough to solo heal groups of 5 and later take a spot as a full healer. Or are healer sorcerers not wanted anywhere, anytime, ever?

You can main heal with Level 5 LoR and level 1 Healing Wave RHDs (assuming you're up to par with gear, obviously you can't heal RHD with -_- level 40 blues)

And nobody wants sorc as healers aside from LoR+DPS in raids. You heal when all the priests are dead, and in other niche situations. And for those situations level 1 healing wave + 5 LoR is more than plenty.

#124 superhbman

superhbman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

You can main heal with Level 5 LoR and level 1 Healing Wave RHDs (assuming you're up to par with gear, obviously you can't heal RHD with -_- level 40 blues)

And nobody wants sorc as healers aside from LoR+DPS in raids. You heal when all the priests are dead, and in other niche situations. And for those situations level 1 healing wave + 5 LoR is more than plenty.

Hmm, okay. I'll re-evaluate my skills then.

It would help if you can provide some numbers, like how much magic attack I can expect to have at 50, people's HP, and damage intake.

#125 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

lvl 2 or lvl 3 on a 5 level capped offensive skill isnt worth the one precious skill point. Its either lvl 1 lvl 4 or max.

Why do you say that? I'm looking at this myself:
The way I see it, every extra skillpoint in cold bolt gives diminishing returns.
lvl 1 to 2 increases your CB damage output by 11.5%
lvl 2 to 3 it's 10.3%
lvl 3 to 4 it's 9.4%
lvl 4 to 5 it's 8.6%
Of course, more is always better (disregarding any other skills you have to lower in order to do it of course), but I don't see why lvl 2 or 3 CB wouldn't be worth it.

As for getting to lvl 25, so far I'm impressed by how easily a magician kills. Most things are almost dead by the time the first FD wears off. I'm only lvl 10 though, having maxed FD and WA and left the rest at 1 so far. I'm not sure if it'll get tedious with only lvl 1 CB later on the way to 25. The only times I'm having trouble is against ranged mini bosses because my HP and SP tend to both run out and kiting doesn't really help. It'll probably be better after I mail some potions from my alchemist to him though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users