#126 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

im lovin the discussions here :rice:

Thank you.
Is CoA really that hard? I mean if battle res is literally a necessity for downing a boss, then yea I'll have to reconsider both my Priest and Sorcerer skills.
Thing is, I'm going for healing as my main role and burst as second role because I want to be able to have strong healing output, enough to solo heal groups of 5 and later take a spot as a full healer. Or are healer sorcerers not wanted anywhere, anytime, ever?

1. yes it is hard~ specially kremp and mongi on "hard". Point on soul bind is, if the party fails for an attempt, should you be waiting for 50minutes to restart the run? every boss there needs battle res every other time, and a party with 4 resuer(2 pri 2 sor/1 pri 3 soc) with 50min cooldown each will make the raid slow and time consuming. well atleast for 32 minutes @ lvl 2(vigor applied) or a boost up 19 minute(with guardian), party can just clear mobs while waiting for resurrection CD.
2. You should not take over Priests Job, Us like what i am always saying is capable of doing 2 jobs thats why we are wanted in every raid, 2 sorcs mostly at a time. Sorcs shouldnt go Full Heal or Full DPS, if youre doing that consider yourselves a nerfed Ranger/Wiz or Nerfed Pri. :p_sick:

And nobody wants sorc as healers aside from LoR+DPS in raids.

MAIN HEAL WITH WHAT? LOL.
Everybody loves a sorc who can heal and dps :p_love: effectively :p_love:

Hmm, okay. I'll re-evaluate my skills then.
It would help if you can provide some numbers, like how much magic attack I can expect to have at 50, people's HP, and damage intake.

visit my video above, thats with colo gears.

Why do you say that? I'm looking at this myself:
http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0
The way I see it, every extra skillpoint in cold bolt gives diminishing returns.
lvl 1 to 2 increases your CB damage output by 11.5%
lvl 2 to 3 it's 10.3%
lvl 3 to 4 it's 9.4%
lvl 4 to 5 it's 8.6%
Of course, more is always better (disregarding any other skills you have to lower in order to do it of course), but I don't see why lvl 2 or 3 CB wouldn't be worth it.

As for getting to lvl 25, so far I'm impressed by how easily a magician kills. Most things are almost dead by the time the first FD wears off. I'm only lvl 10 though, having maxed FD and WA and left the rest at 1 so far. I'm not sure if it'll get tedious with only lvl 1 CB later on the way to 25. The only times I'm having trouble is against ranged mini bosses because my HP and SP tend to both run out and kiting doesn't really help. It'll probably be better after I mail some potions from my alchemist to him though.

1. cause id rather give my soul bind/deluge a boost than having crappy increase on damage by which it can be compensated by your x2 and x4 crits and other DPS classes.
2. more is better but a well planned skill tree is the best.
3. I leveled mine using lvl 1 CB FB LB a lvl 3 FD and a lvl 1 Water Arms till 25, saves a lot of pot while easily killing spawns with FD+LB

-------------------------------------------------

You should not plan a sorc around "burst damage". You should plan a sorc around max damage, as your job is to do DPS in raids- not to crit it 3 times and suddenly do -_- damage.

Because of that, this is literally the only viable build out there if you want to maximize DPS. Any different than this and you are unnecessarially gimping yourself.

Possible alterations is switching L4 Deluge to up to L1 deluge and taking Summon Aqua up to higher levels. However, this is completely up to how geared your raid is. Another, as mentioned above, is the possibility of only taking level 1 Earth Shield because you have another sorc in your raid. With this I would max out Jupital Thunder Mastery and possibly LoV.

An easy fix for if you want to pvp is to take the two points out of Cold Bolt and into Frost Diver. Frost Diver is actually very good for PVE in very niche situations (The entirety of Bapho Hard, All trash monsters, Xeno Spider Repair Drone, Bapho Normal Horong, and so on). This would turn the build into this

However, keep in mind you are sacrificing 8% cold bolt, which should be ~3% of your DPS for PVP. It's a worthy trade off.

1. you can achieve max damage by constantly bursting :p_swt: and that your job is to support heal while doing BURSTS.
DO DPS sorc when you have a fix team, that way everyone knows their "main job".
2. your 2nd build is better cuz it has FD.
3. Summon Aqua is quite good, but considering the cooldown, id rather get my healing/resu capabilities up. MAN our Bursts is enough, let dps classes do their roles :heh:
4. sacrifice CB, in pvp all you need is FD JT and VS with a couple of LB for poking. :p_omg:

--------------------
what i love about ro2 mechanics is that it is simple and can be easily understood and manipulated, what i hate is that, when you maximized your utilites it becomes generic. :pif:

#127 Shuro

Shuro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHome Sweet Home~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

Thank you for the answers, i was looking on an old skill simulator (pre nerf) :sob:
Now, after reading the whole thread, i've got 2 possible build. Any help/tip is really appreciated ^^

Build #1 - Sacrificing 1pt in LoR and 1 in Deluge i get CB lvl 4

Build #2 - Leaving CB to 1 i get max LoR, max Deluge and lvl 2 Soul Bind for CD reduction

Thank you :lv:

Edited by Shuro, 06 June 2013 - 12:33 AM.

#128 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

You should make a seperate Sorcerer guide mate. You're good at it.
I was with you earlier in a Bapho run over the SEA server, you're leading everyone into the right path. I love you man.
EDIT: Sorry, it was a week ago lol with some random indonesian mates haha.

Sorcs are the most useful versatile class in PVE, and that's what makes you invited in any parties, while in PVP, you're simply a god.

Edited by rzevidz007, 06 June 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#129 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

you are very unlucky if your wind seal is not procuring in 5x CB spams :p_swt:

Remembered reading this a while back because I started building my sorc and noticed sometimes it just takes a lot of bolts... you're actually not "very unlucky" if it's not proccing in 5 CB's. If you cast 5 CB's you have a 16.8% chance of all of them not proccing (70%^5).

#130 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

"1. Frost Diver -> 2. Jupitel Thunder -> 3. spam Cold bolt until Seal of Wind buff activates -> 4. Jupitel Thunder x2-> rinse and repeat from start"

A question regarding the guide.
This rotation confuses the hell outta me OP. from frost diver to seal of wind buff is clear and acceptable, but how'd you manage to JT 2x? You wait for its cooldown or add fillers between it? I recommend you to change that asap because it is by a huge difference can decrease your overall dps. Add 1-2 cold bolts while waiting for the second JT to cooldown is better in any sense.

#131 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationYour Monitor O_o
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

"1. Frost Diver -> 2. Jupitel Thunder -> 3. spam Cold bolt until Seal of Wind buff activates -> 4. Jupitel Thunder x2-> rinse and repeat from start"

A question regarding the guide.
This rotation confuses the hell outta me OP. from frost diver to seal of wind buff is clear and acceptable, but how'd you manage to JT 2x? You wait for its cooldown or add fillers between it? I recommend you to change that asap because it is by a huge difference can decrease your overall dps. Add 1-2 cold bolts while waiting for the second JT to cooldown is better in any sense.

Gah, another thing I overlooked -_-' changing that...

#132 superhbman

superhbman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

You should not take over Priests Job, Us like what i am always saying is capable of doing 2 jobs thats why we are wanted in every raid, 2 sorcs mostly at a time. Sorcs shouldnt go Full Heal or Full DPS, if youre doing that consider yourselves a nerfed Ranger/Wiz or Nerfed Pri. :p_sick:

I think we all know that Sorcs can't replace Priests, 1 reason is that Priests has tools that Sorcs don't have, like Highness Heal, Coluceo Heal, and Assumptio.

On the other hand, from what I've heard, Sorc's healing output is comparable to the Priest's, would that be true in your experience? If so, then I was thinking that a heal-oriented Sorc could take a healing role while a Priest could go DPS-oriented and are brought to a raid for their class-specific tools.

My mentality is that all classes should be viable in all possible roles. Otherwise, rolling a class will force the player into that specific role, forever and ever, till the end of time. The idea is to bring the player, not the class.

#133 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

I think we all know that Sorcs can't replace Priests, 1 reason is that Priests has tools that Sorcs don't have, like Highness Heal, Coluceo Heal, and Assumptio.

On the other hand, from what I've heard, Sorc's healing output is comparable to the Priest's, would that be true in your experience? If so, then I was thinking that a heal-oriented Sorc could take a healing role while a Priest could go DPS-oriented and are brought to a raid for their class-specific tools.

My mentality is that all classes should be viable in all possible roles. Otherwise, rolling a class will force the player into that specific role, forever and ever, till the end of time. The idea is to bring the player, not the class.

it is true that we can heal effectively, it is also true that PRI can dps too and with it they can change places. And with player`s talent and the right skill build, one can surpass the other in terms of FS and DPS.

as you say any class should be utilized to all possible means and roles, but in a sorc`s point of view, this is given to us to an extent that we have so much skill points to roll out two different jobs in one go.

Pri can do this too but theyre skill tree lacks variations, so if they go DPS they mostly have low unefficient heals overall, or that an FS lacks DPS, or that a hybrid can do both but much worse than a sorc.

in my experiences, and what i am putting up, my heals as well as dps can keep up to whatever role i am pushed thru. PVE, RAIDS, PVP. In pve/raids, i can main FS at times if we lack priests, or i can go full DPS at times, but overall i do both.

and this is why i am pushing through the idea that a sorc shouldnt be termed hybrid as it is naturally built to go that path.

give it a broader look and understand what other jobs can do. You can also try to know people you are running with. or get into a fix raid with roles handed down.
this way, you can adjust your sorc`s capabilities. ie deluge -1, -lvl of LOR, -EShield etc.

rolling isnt bad, it makes the party more efficient and solid, and with it, raids will be easier.

so to summarize it all, a well managed skill sorc can do FS and DPS effectively.

visit one of my spammed video here, the one with bapho N, thats with colo gear and you can see what i am talking about.

*PS ive been doing Off Tank too on COA N. ^_^, but we`ll get to that later, XD.
main reason people go FS is for Healing wave
FS=17% heals, DPS/hybrid=12% heals = 5% can be compensated with an extra spam LOL(btw its instant cast XD).

#134 Faythe

Faythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

On the topic of Cold Bolt 1/5 vs 5/5, I was curious about the contribution difference between the two. I did some quick napkin math with liberal assumptions. The methodology is likely to be flawed but it was just for my own curiosity that I thought I should share. Everything written here should be taken with a large grain of salt as it is best case scenario I could think of.

Assumptions:
No misses nor moving
No target swapping
No LoR or Deluge casting
Perfect latency
Perfect usage of Wind Seal procs
1 second global cooldown/travel time.

Character paperdoll stats:
2500 magic attack
30% critical chance
40% haste - Wind Seal added
20% vigor

Cold Bolt
26/38% scaling
0.5 second base cast time. 0.5/1.4(haste) + 1(global/travel) = 1.357(rounded) total cast time

Jupter Thunder
64% scaling
2.0 second base cast time. 2.0/1.4 + 1 = 2.429 total cast time

Vartyr Spear
80% scaling
1.0 second global

Testing revolved around 100 cold bolt casts. From there we have a total of 60 wind seal charges. Perfect usage with no waste nor clipping will skew damage more towards JT.

Cold bolt 1/5: (.26 * 2500) * 1.3(crit) = 845 average damage * 100 = 84500 total damage
622.697 DPS

Cold bolt 5/5: (.38 * 2500) * 1.3 = 1235 average damage * 100 = 123500
910.096 DPS

Total time spent cold bolting : 135.7 seconds
Damage gain for cold bolt 5/5: 46.15% as expected.

Maximum JT usage is sixty.
Maximum time spent casting JT with no mastery procs is : 145.74 seconds. Combined time with cold bolt is 281.44 seconds.
I don't know exactly how vigor is calculated for it's cooldown reduction. For example 30/1.2 =25 or 30 * .8 = 24, I went with the latter for VS's cooldown. Maximum VS usage with total cast time given is 12. Take 12 JT casts away to get a new adjusted cast time gives us a total JT cast time of 116.592 seconds. I assume 2/3 JT mastery for 12% of the casts to be instant. I truncated the value to a single digit which is 5 instant JT casts. That shaves off 7.145 seconds of casting. Total time spent casting JT is 109.447 seconds. New total cast time is 245.147 seconds. This only allows for 11 VS casts so to adjust it further is 247.576 + 11 seconds of VS casting = 258.576 total cast time. Total time spent casting JT is 111.876 seconds.

Now that that is out of the way

JT : (((.64 * 2500))*2) *1.3 = 4160 average damage * 49 = 203840 total damage
VS: (((.80 * 2500))*2) *1.3 = 5200 average damage * 11 = 57200 total damage

Final Values -
Total with CB1: 345540, 1336.319 dps
Total with CB5: 384540, 1487.145 dps

Damage/DPS gain over CB1: 11.287%

To reiterate again, this scenario is extremely unlikely and within a vacuum. Also out of curiosity I dropped the number of JT casts to 25 to test for wasted wind seals to test the difference. With 100 CB, 25 JT, and 9 VS casts, the difference increases to 16.575%. All in all the damage increase for 5/5 cold bolt is roughly 15-25% I would wager based on what I tested out. If there is any major flaws to the math please point it out. The premise of the testing situation is flawed to begin with and would never be obtainable through normal play.

Edited by 8313130505202610980, 07 June 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#135 Meowshi

Meowshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

Sorc sustained single target heal is on par with priests. Our grouped up AoE heal is better than priests. However:

Sorc has no burst heal, nor do they have an oh -_- button akin to Colossal heal // Assump Highness Heal (3 targets as oppossed to us power healing one). We cannot heal on the move at all (Renovatio), which gives us slight issues on some boss fights like Sandstorm last boss // HoDP 2nd boss.

We can easily heal RHDs, but once you get to raiding where there is a lot of burst, you're going to just want a priest 100%. If your priests die, you can heal in a pinch. Just know that you heavily rely on people grouping into your green -_-, which is a death sentence on some bosses (Xeno Spider, Bapho Normal / Bapho Hard, and so on)

Edited by Meowshi, 07 June 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#136 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

Final Values -
Total with CB1: 345540, 1336.319 dps
Total with CB5: 384540, 1487.145 dps

Damage/DPS gain over CB1: 11.287%

To reiterate again, this scenario is extremely unlikely and within a vacuum. Also out of curiosity I dropped the number of JT casts to 25 to test for wasted wind seals to test the difference. With 100 CB, 25 JT, and 9 VS casts, the difference increases to 16.575%. All in all the damage increase for 5/5 cold bolt is roughly 15-25% I would wager based on what I tested out. If there is any major flaws to the math please point it out. The premise of the testing situation is flawed to begin with and would never be obtainable through normal play.

from what i see, the above calculations was assumed with a sorc constantly doing DPS.
which is most likely like this

this is with lvl 1 CB, and that DPS was hault every other deluge.

Readers be in mind that we will also be healing and constantly doing LOR and emergency deluges except for special cases like the above, so with it the values stated above will decrease over time. Another is Wind proc, luck and chances are the downside of math, so if you proc every now and then, the value of spam CB will decrease but with it JT can be spammed with X2 and x4 probability every 3 seconds will bring out a large increase on DPS.

#137 Faythe

Faythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

As I stated above, the assumptions were setup in a perfect dps vacuum to try to extract the maximum potential gains from 1/5 vs 5/5 cold bolt. Any interruption to that will decrease the benefit of course.

Another is Wind proc, luck and chances are the downside of math, so if you proc every now and then, the value of spam CB will decrease but with it JT can be spammed with X2 and x4 probability every 3 seconds will bring out a large increase on DPS.

Wind seal proc was accounted for and used in a way I thought would be most optimal. I feel that you may not have read the whole post and jumped to the end.

#138 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

As I stated above, the assumptions were setup in a perfect dps vacuum to try to extract the maximum potential gains from 1/5 vs 5/5 cold bolt. Any interruption to that will decrease the benefit of course.
Wind seal proc was accounted for and used in a way I thought would be most optimal. I feel that you may not have read the whole post and jumped to the end.

i read the post and my reply was based on realistic situations and my personal observations as to my experience just to give a counter argument from your calculations.

Edited by Tlaltecuhtli, 07 June 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#139 Faythe

Faythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

I understand, it was more or less stating the obvious conclusions. I feel there was no counter argument to be made since your statements pretty much agreed with what I wrote even if it wasn't explicitly stated. The true value is probably closer to 10% +/- a few percentages in normal play. All in all it was done for personal amusement to try to establish some weight in whether the four points of investment into cold bolt can be worthwhile or not.

#140 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

I understand, it was more or less stating the obvious conclusions. I feel there was no counter argument to be made since your statements pretty much agreed with what I wrote even if it wasn't explicitly stated. The true value is probably closer to 10% +/- a few percentages in normal play. All in all it was done for personal amusement to try to establish some weight in whether the four points of investment into cold bolt can be worthwhile or not.

sorry if i bring myself as vague but its all much clear now.

so with all of the above, may i know your own take?

would you max your CB? is it worth it and ingame gameplay wise, why?

#141 Faythe

Faythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

"It depends" would be the best answer.

- If a player is part of a defined raid group and/or want to maximize damage potential then yes it is worth putting the points into cold bolt. A roughly 10% damage/dps gain is significant enough to consider for the players who care about their damage and "winning" the threat meter. Of course PvP focused players would take it.

- I think in terms of the standard role Sorcs play in raids(dps + deluge/LoR duty) that Sorcs can find the points to have some if not max cold bolt.

- Any player considering more support options would not have the points to spare.

I fall into the 3rd category. As much as I would like to put more points into cold bolt, I couldn't find the points to take away from something else to justify it. I am more so interested in the healing side of the class than the damage, I made a lengthy post in the Full Support thread. However I will still try to min/max my performance as a hybrid regardless of role I am playing.

Edited by 8313130505202610980, 08 June 2013 - 04:18 AM.

#142 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:45 AM

"It depends" would be the best answer.

- If a player is part of a defined raid group and/or want to maximize damage potential then yes it is worth putting the points into cold bolt. A roughly 10% damage/dps gain is significant enough to consider for the players who care about their damage and "winning" the threat meter. Of course PvP focused players would take it.

- I think in terms of the standard role Sorcs play in raids(dps + deluge/LoR duty) that Sorcs can find the points to have some if not max cold bolt.

- Any player considering more support options would not have the points to spare.

I fall into the 3rd category. As much as I would like to put more points into cold bolt, I couldn't find the points to take away from something else to justify it. I am more so interested in the healing side of the class than the damage, I made a lengthy post in the Full Support thread. However I will still try to min/max my performance as a hybrid regardless of role I am playing.

good insight and one of the best considerations put on cold bolt issues.

im with #3 also for the reason ive been telling the whole time in this thread.

thanks

im planning to make a video comparison regarding cold bolt, lightning bolt and fire sorc. i hope i get to finish it soon.

#143 Faythe

Faythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:07 AM

What do you intend to show in the video you are making? In-game effectiveness, if so how are you testing it? If you just wanted to do a damage comparison that should be pretty straight forward on paper.

Edited by 8313130505202610980, 08 June 2013 - 05:18 AM.

#144 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

What do you intend to show in the video you are making? In-game effectiveness, if so how are you testing it? If you just wanted to do a damage comparison that should be pretty straight forward on paper.

yeah, im quite bored on my char anyways.
well atleast we can get a realistic and actual view that may or may not prove our calculations and assumptions.

#145 Faythe

Faythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

Can you be a bit more specific in what is it you are testing?

- I'm assuming one is 1/5 vs more points in Cold Bolt.
- What are you testing on the fire side? The one thing I was curious about was weaving in fireballs when there is one charge of wind seal left and both VS and JT are both on cooldown. There may be some gains to be found there but a chance to lose damage as well since throwing a cold bolt as usual may end up producing a new wind seal proc
- What is there to test with Lightning Bolt?

#146 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

Can you be a bit more specific in what is it you are testing?

- I'm assuming one is 1/5 vs more points in Cold Bolt.
- What are you testing on the fire side? The one thing I was curious about was weaving in fireballs when there is one charge of wind seal left and both VS and JT are both on cooldown. There may be some gains to be found there but a chance to lose damage as well since throwing a cold bolt as usual may end up producing a new wind seal proc
- What is there to test with Lightning Bolt?

1. yep the comparison between having lvl 1 and 5
2. like one who commented here, i too have a fire sorc, check out our conversations.
3. an LB sorc is quite an effective build ^_^, i had done some of it but with lvl 1 LB only, ill try to max it sometime.
4. 2 and 3 mixed up

#147 Faythe

Faythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

The practicality of Fire Sorc ends at soloing and PvP I think. And LB Sorc is an effective build in what scenario? The only things I would see is PvP, fights the involve doing damage on the run, and cases where using a VS would be overkill and a LB would be a better choice.

I'm looking at these ideas on the basis on party/raiding play. In the end I think they will just simply end up as fun and goofy experiments with limited uses, not necessarily a bad thing if you are bored :P

Oh and Critterion, the person that brought up Fire Sorc. I think his/her interpretation of Fire Arms is incorrect. My understanding of it is that it just simply increases the amount of magic attack you have by 10%. He/she was implying that it improves the spell scaling by 10%. The two are completely different. If you can clarify which is the correct way it is applied that would be helpful.

Edited by 8313130505202610980, 08 June 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#148 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

I'm looking at these ideas on the basis on party/raiding play. In the end I think they will just simply end up as fun and goofy experiments with limited uses, not necessarily a bad thing if you are bored :P

exactly
^_^

#149 Anelai

Anelai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Server:Odin / miss Valkyrie ;<

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:43 AM

Please give me opinion about my (hybrid) sorc build? http://www.ro2base.c...0.1.8/0.0.0.0.0

I am playing around with this for quite some time because i can't decide where to put my free 3 points:

I wanted lvl5 Deluge, but then I put some points into it and I really started to hate it. Instant cast? haha. This stupid spell takes AGES to cast, cos some stupid Mermaid. Deluge is needed for raids, so i left it on lvl3 - now I am seeing on this topic that it should be lvl 1, 4 or maxed. Can someone tell me why? But thats 1/2 points and i still have points left.

Another option was putting some points in Cold Bolt, Soul Bind or Healing Wave, and I really cand decide whats best ;/ I want to be effective in raids, but mostly i am looking forward for RO2 WoEs. What can I do? Please help ;(

Edited by Anelai, 03 July 2013 - 01:46 AM.

#150 Faythe

Faythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:41 AM

Frankly your points can go anywhere.  If going by the standard expectations(dps/LoR/Deluge when needed) of Sorcs within a raid then I would go with putting points into Cold Bolt or Soul Bind.  A dps vs utility choice.  Yes this game is a little different that instant simply means no cast but there is still a cast animation involved which makes spells such as Rejuvenation weaker than it seems on paper.

As for Deluge, yes it is annoying that it takes 2-3 seconds for it to kick in.  I haven't seen anyone make the case for 1/2 points but I would have my own reasons for them if I were to choose.

1 - Simply to clean up AoE raid damage.

2 - Can't really come up with a strong argument to take 2 points and not more or less.

3 - Some people claim it is enough and 12% health gain is noticeable.

4 - This is where I have mine at.  My rationale at the time was that Priest's Sanctuary is 15% so 16% is good enough.  Plus more often than not other Sorcs would have it maxed and different ranks of Deluge would stack on top of one another.  Also I believe that any additional healing power would simply be overheal.

5 - Not much else to say other than max potency.

I would put points into Healing Wave if you are looking to heal more often in raids, sometimes that little extra power is necessary to keep up a tank when the Priests have fallen and you have to make a quick switch to save the attempt and get the kill.  For hard dungeons it becomes less needed as you get better gear cause at that point LoR can just heal up fine. 

I don't know what to expect for WoE.  I never played RO1 and pretty much a solo player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users