• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#151 Zulyar2

Zulyar2

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:56 AM

i was personaly thinking of perhaps if ever (becouse i am really not liking the game in its current sate so i havnt played for a month or so) going for this build http://www.ro2skills...dBrdqAaSeFqBeA3

possibly dropping 2 points in summon aqua and meditation if i have to take es for whatever reason (like the dps/hybrid croc realizes the skill is trash and i have to get it cuz i do have points to spend.)

i could possibly go for http://www.ro2skills...qDqBdFdFqBeBdD1 aswell but its 8 points for an aoe and i lose fireball damage and all meditation/ aqua points and its probably just absolutely not worth spending 8 points for the aoe.

edit; also my corc is already 28 or so and i was so silly to spend points on lightning tree and considering respecs cost real money i am kind of stuck there too. if someone spends money on this game i got a lvl 40 warr with whom i could spend a couple zenies for a respec item.

Edited by Zulyar2, 29 July 2013 - 05:12 AM.

#152 nyssae

nyssae

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

hey guys!! great discussions going on here! :) am personally pretty new to sorc and looking at my build, i was wondering whether i should max earth shield or leave it at lvl1? i noticed a lot of people here had ES maxed; is there a particular reason as to why? also, would it be better to max/up HW or deluge, in ya'lls opinion?

thanks verily in advance! :)

#153 FloppyDiskDrive

FloppyDiskDrive

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:02 AM

Is Earth emblem worth maxing if your going to be a hybrid sorc?.

#154 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

hello sorcs, i have a colo tip for u guys!, even though i main a rogue and not know much of sorcs..

ok, now as a rogue a common tactic during the first couple of rounds and sometimes the last round is kill 1 person and hide (smokebomb) for the rest of the round, or hide when ur in a good rank preferably at a comfortable rank wiithout risking being knocked out of the round, only to strike again when need to.

sorcs can do this too, well kind off..

when ur in a good rank (after killing a lot of people ofc) u can then hide. "how?" u might ask "we dont have smokebomb"

in "that" room ofcourse!

"what's so good about that room?" u say

well most people, especially those who are fleeing from others tend to use these outer edges of the circle just to circle around, run from attention/sight of others..

why theyre fleeing?, most likely low health. now this is ur chance!, it's the perfect trap! frost diver + a killer lightning spell. boom!, easy kill.

you'll be like some sort of flat fish in the bottom of the ocean ready to ambush vulnerable prey

#155 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

hey guys, I have a question

how can you get the treasure hunter munil card that i saw in someone's build?

cause it seemed like a pretty good card to own :)

#156 xAmia

xAmia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWild Terrestrial Land of Predators

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

Check my Sorcerer's skills and stats.. a pure DPS and a Pure Healer   :D Colo pwner + dungeon healer.. and tell me wut you guys think   :p_idea: 

http://www.ro2base.c...0.1.8/0.0.0.0.0

#157 DarkRurouni

DarkRurouni

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Guys, kindly rate this build of mine (though it's just a plan for the meantime..)

http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

From what I've read in this thread, Sorcs are HYBRIDS. Meaning they can dish up damage while still support partymates (Hybrid=Versatility). Sorcs, IMHO, doesn't replace Priest in their role. That's why this game have specific class/jobs for their specific roles. Priest are the main healers of the game that's why they're called priest (even in RO1, my main character was an FS Priest). Sorcs and other hybrids who can heal and support are "back-ups" whenever the priest can't take the huge workload of their job.

In that sense (again IMHO), Sorcs are hybrids that are more inclined on DPS rather than healing that's why I came up with that skill build. But i don't know where I should put the extra 2 points that I have. I'm thinking of putting it in these skills: Frost Driver, Soul Bind or Land of Recovery?

EDIT: For everyone who's thinking why did I max Deluge, I think that the increase in % per level of deluge will help the party rather than maxing the LoR (Lvl3 to Lvl5 is just 2%). And with a maxed seal of earth, I think it could actually increase the healing % of LoR even if it's just lvl3.

Edited by DarkRurouni, 19 September 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#158 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hi guys,
its good to be back and im happy cuz people are starting to embrace versatility for us sorcs ^_^

anyway lets get this starting  :p_love: 

Is Earth emblem worth maxing if your going to be a hybrid sorc?.

yes, cuz thats where your healing capabilities will come from.
imagine healing +100% of your matk, plus it can crit and can procure random hots.

Guys, kindly rate this build of mine (though it's just a plan for the meantime..)

http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

From what I've read in this thread, Sorcs are HYBRIDS. Meaning they can dish up damage while still support partymates (Hybrid=Versatility). Sorcs, IMHO, doesn't replace Priest in their role. That's why this game have specific class/jobs for their specific roles. Priest are the main healers of the game that's why they're called priest (even in RO1, my main character was an FS Priest). Sorcs and other hybrids who can heal and support are "back-ups" whenever the priest can't take the huge workload of their job.

In that sense (again IMHO), Sorcs are hybrids that are more inclined on DPS rather than healing that's why I came up with that skill build. But i don't know where I should put the extra 2 points that I have. I'm thinking of putting it in these skills: Frost Driver, Soul Bind or Land of Recovery?

EDIT: For everyone who's thinking why did I max Deluge, I think that the increase in % per level of deluge will help the party rather than maxing the LoR (Lvl3 to Lvl5 is just 2%). And with a maxed seal of earth, I think it could actually increase the healing % of LoR even if it's just lvl3.

1. Dish out massive bursts, and FS stable spam of heals ^_^ and being back up healer, that true and its fun playing with a sorc that can optimize their skills and help out the whole party on dps and survivability :rice: 

2. max out frost driver, pvp and pve wise, its a good skill to get.

3. dont forget that the main reason for deluge is to increase significant HP to cope with massive boss damage attacks, then of course the hots afterwards^_^

4. i have level 5 LOR but as you progress and your magical attack raises, i guess its safe to leave it lvl 1, but if you really wanna be an effective all around sorcs, lvl 5 is a good choice.

Check my Sorcerer's skills and stats.. a pure DPS and a Pure Healer    :D Colo pwner + dungeon healer.. and tell me wut you guys think    :p_idea: 

http://www.ro2base.c...0.1.8/0.0.0.0.0

i would pick lvl 2 soul bind over lvl 3 JTmastery, since its just 2% increase from lvl 2 to lvl 3.
overall we have the same build ^_^ :p_omg:  :p_love: 

-----------------------------------------------------------

and heres another sorc video for you guys to check out our versatile and awesome class

*skip to ramort part
http://www.youtube.c...GxKRgjWDWU1fbdQ

and another
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NXNXmZlXkRw

rok on

#159 DarkRurouni

DarkRurouni

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

1. Dish out massive bursts, and FS stable spam of heals ^_^ and being back up healer, that true and its fun playing with a sorc that can optimize their skills and help out the whole party on dps and survivability :rice:

2. max out frost driver, pvp and pve wise, its a good skill to get.

3. dont forget that the main reason for deluge is to increase significant HP to cope with massive boss damage attacks, then of course the hots afterwards^_^

4. i have level 5 LOR but as you progress and your magical attack raises, i guess its safe to leave it lvl 1, but if you really wanna be an effective all around sorcs, lvl 5 is a good choice.

Thank you for rating my build. I'm just planning to create one in the future, though.

EDIT: How about stat point distribution? Do i need to put more points on int than agi? Or is it the other way around? Because I've read somewhere (I don't know if it's in this thread) that Mages have "natural" high crits. Is that true?

Edited by DarkRurouni, 19 September 2013 - 11:46 PM.

#160 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

Thank you for rating my build. I'm just planning to create one in the future, though.

EDIT: How about stat point distribution? Do i need to put more points on int than agi? Or is it the other way around? Because I've read somewhere (I don't know if it's in this thread) that Mages have "natural" high crits. Is that true?

stat allocation options

int>agi = stable magic attack, crit procs seldom
agi>int = stable crit maybe about 1crit / 3 to 4hits, lower non crit magic attack
agi=int = high chance to crit with stable magic attack

*take note that crit chance depends on your luck, cuz even if you have high, if its not critting its not critting.

yeah i noticed mages have high initial crit too.
about 1 agi = 0.0917 crit.

take note that in sea max crit without pills / pet buffs is 72% and it could be as high as 87+% with full buffs
74703_685169961500054_285619983_n.jpg

about matk
1 int = 2 magic attack
----------------------------

with my aod gear on, LCM, SONATA set cards, and Plumeria(27+) + agi geared costumes, i can have a non buffed crit of 59% and a matk of 3.3k+
buffed have like 66 (int potion) or 69(agi potion) 71+(pill), and a matk of 3.7-3.9k, 

that be like 14-16k x4 crit of VS, 9-13k JT, about 1.9-2.5k CB(i use lvl 1 so... haha)

---------------------------

though with my newly Chaos Dungeon Set i can reach max 72% crit easy, and having 4.2k++ matk.
(*still no staff* sad tlalte is sad T_T)

so basically its a matter of
Stat Building
Rune Building
Card Building
to reach your optimum planned end stats
---------------------------

Edited by Tlaltecuhtli, 20 September 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#161 YoungLifeJunes

YoungLifeJunes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

Hey. I'm trying to come up with a hybrid skill build.

I want to be able to buff well, but not necessarily act as a healer. And also acquire good skills for the colosseum.

If possible also level solo without going slow.

Is that possible?

Edit: Nvm. No point playing this anymore.

Edited by YoungLifeJunes, 26 September 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#162 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

Hey. I'm trying to come up with a hybrid skill build.

I want to be able to buff well, but not necessarily act as a healer. And also acquire good skills for the colosseum.

If possible also level solo without going slow.

Is that possible?

Edit: Nvm. No point playing this anymore.

yes it is possible.
i recommend you read all what is inside this thread to give you an idea of an ideal sorc which many coined "hybrid".

and oh...
good luck on your new adventure.

rok on

#163 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationYour Monitor O_o
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hi everyone. I just updated the guide again. Completely overhauled the skill builds section (the hell was I thinking back then? argh! >_<) and made some corrections here and there.

#164 scarletlover

scarletlover

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

Thanks for the great guide.

#165 PondaPan

PondaPan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanadaland

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Is it worth it to max Land of Recovery? Because it's only a 4% increase at lvl. 5 vs. lvl. 1

I'm planning on maxing Earth Seal as well because you know double the healing, but it doesn't work that well with LOR because you need to have it on the entire time. This is what stems the dilemma for LOR's level.

Also, how long do dungeons take in endgame? Currently it isn't worth it to lvl Soul Bind because dungeons are over in 30 mins. Any thoughts?

I've been hearing about a "well timed guardian" when exactly is that? Right before you hit Soul Bind?

I find that I am more often dealing damage than healing because the priests mostly have it under control which is why I maxed Cold Bolt. I'm also only lvl 35 at the moment so the dungeon bosses are not as difficult as they can get. There have been times though when the Priest dies and I find myself at a loss with healing (especially the more difficult bosses), there have also been times when the tanks die and the boss turns to me (this is when I thank my lucky stars for Cold Bolt). 

I'm tempted to go lvl 4 Cold Bolt and lvl 2 Soul Bind or lvl 3 LOR.

For Stats I'm doing 50/29/2 is it better or worse then 21/27/3? I haven't gotten to lvl 50 yet so I really don't know the gear. I am noticing a trend towards more INT though. 

This is my current build. Please comment.

http://ro2base.com/b...310722.22310668

Sorry if I'm being redundant.

Edited by PondaPan, 27 October 2013 - 07:07 PM.

#166 KnightQuestions

KnightQuestions

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

Great guide Kiyroshiro, i just switched my magician to a sorcerer class. Though i'm not really sure what skills i should level up first? I'm using your main hybrid build, so far this what i put the points into:

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

I have 9 points left, not sure if i should go right for Varetyr Spear or if i should go for the healing ones and  such first.  Do you have any suggestions or could you let me know which way you went? I'm using an older character so i don't have the Starter Packs, so i used the Skill reset when you change jobs. I don't really want to mess up my build.

Edited by KnightQuestions, 27 October 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#167 SilentSorceress

SilentSorceress

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

Is it worth it to max Land of Recovery? Because it's only a 4% increase at lvl. 5 vs. lvl. 1

I'm planning on maxing Earth Seal as well because you know double the healing, but it doesn't work that well with LOR because you need to have it on the entire time. This is what stems the dilemma for LOR's level.

Also, how long do dungeons take in endgame? Currently it isn't worth it to lvl Soul Bind because dungeons are over in 30 mins. Any thoughts?

I've been hearing about a "well timed guardian" when exactly is that? Right before you hit Soul Bind?

I find that I am more often dealing damage than healing because the priests mostly have it under control which is why I maxed Cold Bolt. I'm also only lvl 35 at the moment so the dungeon bosses are not as difficult as they can get. There have been times though when the Priest dies and I find myself at a loss with healing (especially the more difficult bosses), there have also been times when the tanks die and the boss turns to me (this is when I thank my lucky stars for Cold Bolt). 

I'm tempted to go lvl 4 Cold Bolt and lvl 2 Soul Bind or lvl 3 LOR.

For Stats I'm doing 50/29/2 is it better or worse then 21/27/3? I haven't gotten to lvl 50 yet so I really don't know the gear. I am noticing a trend towards more INT though. 

This is my current build. Please comment.

Sorry if I'm being redundant.

LoR is certainly worth it to max. The 4% difference in Mattack is really a 60% difference in healing. If you heal 700 on level 1, you will heal 1100 on level 5. Over the 10 seconds that LoR is active, that's a difference of 2500 HP. Or 5000 if you have Earth Emblem active. Earth Emblem does not need to be on the entire time LoR is active if I remember. As long as you use it when you first cast, your healing will be doubled.

The guardian trick is to use it just before a res. The vigor bonus will reduce the cd by a large amount. I personally don't put points in res, but I don't think doing so should be considered off limits. For more difficult raids there can be set backs that keep you in the dungeon for quite a while.

Sorcerers can't main heal with healing wave. LoR just isn't felxible enough and rejuvination doesn't provide healing fast enough. If you want to try to take over for a priest, you should have at least HW level 1 and a few points in Earth Emblem. It's not really necessary for sub level 50 dungeons, but in higher level raids, Sorc healing is more valuable.

Great guide Kiyroshiro, i just switched my magician to a sorcerer class. Though i'm not really sure what skills i should level up first? I'm using your main hybrid build, so far this what i put the points into:

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

I have 9 points left, not sure if i should go right for Varetyr Spear or if i should go for the healing ones and  such first.  Do you have any suggestions or could you let me know which way you went? I'm using an older character so i don't have the Starter Packs, so i used the Skill reset when you change jobs. I don't really want to mess up my build.

I would get VS first, at lower levels the healing isn't as important (unless priests are hard to find). VS damage and stun is a great boost to your offense.

#168 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

LoR is certainly worth it to max. The 4% difference in Mattack is really a 60% difference in healing. If you heal 700 on level 1, you will heal 1100 on level 5. Over the 10 seconds that LoR is active, that's a difference of 2500 HP. Or 5000 if you have Earth Emblem active. Earth Emblem does not need to be on the entire time LoR is active if I remember. As long as you use it when you first cast, your healing will be doubled.

The guardian trick is to use it just before a res. The vigor bonus will reduce the cd by a large amount. I personally don't put points in res, but I don't think doing so should be considered off limits. For more difficult raids there can be set backs that keep you in the dungeon for quite a while.

Sorcerers can't main heal with healing wave. LoR just isn't felxible enough and rejuvination doesn't provide healing fast enough. If you want to try to take over for a priest, you should have at least HW level 1 and a few points in Earth Emblem. It's not really necessary for sub level 50 dungeons, but in higher level raids, Sorc healing is more valuable.

I would get VS first, at lower levels the healing isn't as important (unless priests are hard to find). VS damage and stun is a great boost to your offense.

I thought LoR has to have Earth Emblem up to benefit from the healing boost, whereas Deluge is the one where you can switch back to wind and retain it. Should be easy to test.. hrm.

#169 SilentSorceress

SilentSorceress

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

I thought LoR has to have Earth Emblem up to benefit from the healing boost, whereas Deluge is the one where you can switch back to wind and retain it. Should be easy to test.. hrm.

You were right, I was mistaken. LoR requires EE to be on the whole time.

#170 PondaPan

PondaPan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanadaland

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

You were right, I was mistaken. LoR requires EE to be on the whole time.

Thanks for answering my questions! I guess it is even more important to max LoR now. (I want more skill points QAQ)

How much healing is usually done in the harder dungeons? And do you use deluge every time a boss aoe is about to strike?

So new version of my build:

I feel very wishy-washy but I suppose that's what sorcs are designed for.

Edited by PondaPan, 29 October 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#171 SilentSorceress

SilentSorceress

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

How much you need to heal depends on that particular raid. I usually go into full heal mode at least once or twice for CoA. In AoD I tend to switch back and forth during the fighting. If the priests die, full healing is all I do.

Del is also situational. Most of the time I use it as an emergency heal after a heavy hit and I keep LoR down always to reduce damage because it's easy to sustain for the whole fight with decent vigor. There are a few bosses where I try to del for a specific AoE. Teamwork is important here because in this case because the boss tends to AoE again while Del is on cooldown.

I think your build will be a good one, flexibilty is a strong point for sorcerers so being wishy-washy isn't a problem.

#172 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

Thanks for answering my questions! I guess it is even more important to max LoR now. (I want more skill points QAQ)

How much healing is usually done in the harder dungeons? And do you use deluge every time a boss aoe is about to strike?

So new version of my build:

I feel very wishy-washy but I suppose that's what sorcs are designed for.

I can't speak for CoA/AoD, but otherwise.. it really depends on the kind of person you are?

I started with the intention of being mostly DPS with back up heals. Here is my build (I'd *love* to change it, but I'm too cheap to buy a skill reset): Build link~ The changes I would make, if I could, would be to drop cold bolt to level 1 and JTM to level 2, take up frost diver to level 3, and max deluge.. most damage really comes from the lightning skills, so I wouldn't mind losing out on some cold bolt damage, especially since I find myself helping more as an off-healer than as DPS.

For RHDs, starting out, I kept LoR on ranged and only would use healing wave if the priest died.. which wasn't too often. However, around when I worked up to a set of normal tier 1 raid gear, I would sign on to RHD/OBB runs as the healer. Sure, I prefer DPS, but I don't entirely mind support, either. I've also duoed hard dungeons with a rogue friend for union purposes.

For raids, I have always been DPS/off healer. I keep LoR on ranged for all bosses where spreading is not needed, generally put LoR on tanks for Bapho H and help with healing wave on ranged after scythe hits, and deluge on rotation in PVE. As any type of sorc, deluge rotation is expected - you should know the HP points where a boss will do a large AoE and have your deluge down before (ideally with a LoR as well to help with healing after the hit). Due to cooldowns, you can't hit every AoE, so generally there will be 3-4 priests/sorcs working together.

However, in raids, there have been times where a priest has died and it hasn't been practical to resurrect them. In these cases, I will generally switch to earth seal and help heal, generally just throwing out summon aqua/VS on boss when things are going smoothly. I feel confident enough that I could be a main healer for bapho/pve, but there'd still need to be a priest for bless. There have been times where I have been the sole healer left and still managed to finish up a boss.

I have partied with full support sorcs, and I have partied with sorcs that don't even make use of LoR to help healers. I even know people who would like to go full damage and not really even go into the healing tree. If you only party with a guild, you can likely be quite flexible in how much healing you want to do.

#173 PondaPan

PondaPan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanadaland

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

I can't speak for CoA/AoD, but otherwise.. it really depends on the kind of person you are?

I started with the intention of being mostly DPS with back up heals. Here is my build (I'd *love* to change it, but I'm too cheap to buy a skill reset): Build link~ The changes I would make, if I could, would be to drop cold bolt to level 1 and JTM to level 2, take up frost diver to level 3, and max deluge.. most damage really comes from the lightning skills, so I wouldn't mind losing out on some cold bolt damage, especially since I find myself helping more as an off-healer than as DPS.

For RHDs, starting out, I kept LoR on ranged and only would use healing wave if the priest died.. which wasn't too often. However, around when I worked up to a set of normal tier 1 raid gear, I would sign on to RHD/OBB runs as the healer. Sure, I prefer DPS, but I don't entirely mind support, either. I've also duoed hard dungeons with a rogue friend for union purposes.

For raids, I have always been DPS/off healer. I keep LoR on ranged for all bosses where spreading is not needed, generally put LoR on tanks for Bapho H and help with healing wave on ranged after scythe hits, and deluge on rotation in PVE. As any type of sorc, deluge rotation is expected - you should know the HP points where a boss will do a large AoE and have your deluge down before (ideally with a LoR as well to help with healing after the hit). Due to cooldowns, you can't hit every AoE, so generally there will be 3-4 priests/sorcs working together.

However, in raids, there have been times where a priest has died and it hasn't been practical to resurrect them. In these cases, I will generally switch to earth seal and help heal, generally just throwing out summon aqua/VS on boss when things are going smoothly. I feel confident enough that I could be a main healer for bapho/pve, but there'd still need to be a priest for bless. There have been times where I have been the sole healer left and still managed to finish up a boss.

I have partied with full support sorcs, and I have partied with sorcs that don't even make use of LoR to help healers. I even know people who would like to go full damage and not really even go into the healing tree. If you only party with a guild, you can likely be quite flexible in how much healing you want to do.

i've heard that Deluge at 3 is all you need because there would be multiple sorcerers slamming this down for the aoes. 

I don't know about moving Cold Bolt to lvl 1. Certainly, I won't max it, but level 1 seems a bit too much (especially since I've hit CB 5-10 times before Wind Seal activates sometimes). 

For Deluge and LOR, would you thing that Deluge 3/5 and LOR 5/5 or Deluge 4/5 and LOR 4/5 is more practical?

I still have my skill reset from the starter boxes.

I'm also fairly new to my guild, but there seems to be quite a few strong priests.

#174 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

i've heard that Deluge at 3 is all you need because there would be multiple sorcerers slamming this down for the aoes. 

I don't know about moving Cold Bolt to lvl 1. Certainly, I won't max it, but level 1 seems a bit too much (especially since I've hit CB 5-10 times before Wind Seal activates sometimes). 

For Deluge and LOR, would you thing that Deluge 3/5 and LOR 5/5 or Deluge 4/5 and LOR 4/5 is more practical?

I still have my skill reset from the starter boxes.

I'm also fairly new to my guild, but there seems to be quite a few strong priests.

For tier 1 raids, it has only been one deluge or sanc, not stacking.. so I feel bad that I don't give that bonus HP. 4+5 would also work better than 3+4/5. You could always see what the other sorcerers have taken up that you'll be raiding with (and perhaps someone can fill in for higher level raids). Also, if both sorcerers did have level 5, raids could pair priest+sorc instead.

My DPS is lower than the other DPS in the party.. in the end, it's not really my main purpose. If I have earth seal up, it becomes rare for me to cold bolt, even if I'm not actively healing. I was tempted to buy a skill reset and leave points open so I could try a few raids with cold bolt 1 and feel it out.. but now I've put off buying the skill reset.

I use LoR constantly and deluge rarely, which is why I went with 3/5 + 5/5. The main purpose of deluge for AoEs is the HP boost anyway, at least when I've used it, so I'd rather bump LoR. It's definitely a personal choice, though (and later raids could require a different playstyle).

#175 PondaPan

PondaPan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanadaland

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

For tier 1 raids, it has only been one deluge or sanc, not stacking.. so I feel bad that I don't give that bonus HP. 4+5 would also work better than 3+4/5. You could always see what the other sorcerers have taken up that you'll be raiding with (and perhaps someone can fill in for higher level raids). Also, if both sorcerers did have level 5, raids could pair priest+sorc instead.

My DPS is lower than the other DPS in the party.. in the end, it's not really my main purpose. If I have earth seal up, it becomes rare for me to cold bolt, even if I'm not actively healing. I was tempted to buy a skill reset and leave points open so I could try a few raids with cold bolt 1 and feel it out.. but now I've put off buying the skill reset.

I use LoR constantly and deluge rarely, which is why I went with 3/5 + 5/5. The main purpose of deluge for AoEs is the HP boost anyway, at least when I've used it, so I'd rather bump LoR. It's definitely a personal choice, though (and later raids could require a different playstyle).

That makes sense. I think I'm going to fiddle with my build a bit more.

If I make JTM 1/3 then I can do Deluge 4/5, LOR 5/5 hmmmm. This is ridiculously hard. 

I think DPS is so much easier than healing oAo

I'm gonna put off using the skill reset until lvl. 50 so that I can really try it out before using it. 

Do you have any suggestions for stats? I'm debating between 51/27/3 and 50/29/2.

Thanks a bunch for answering all my questions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users