7 replies to this topic

#1 Zuumaru

Zuumaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

Hey guys I’m a returning RO1 player from 7 years back. I choose Archer because it’s the closest thing I could see to Huntress/Sniper, which was my main back in the day. I only read a little on when I decided to jump into RO2 and am still pretty new to it.

Basically I’m finding myself having a little bit of difficulty right now. I’m only lv 12 so maybe this just happens till I’m higher, but some monsters that are 1 level lower are almost killing me. At the very least half my bar is gone, and ¾ whenever I fight anything aggressive. Some mini bosses would kill me if I didn’t burn a few pots.

Back in the day I was very use to the whole, trap shoot shoot shoot trap shoot shoot shoot, etc. But my traps cd is too long for this and I read somewhere to not really waste points in it. In other games I would strife, and I try to do so in RO2 but you can really only auto attack, use Impact Arrow, and Double strife. Of course that uses up concentration, with as far as I can tell I have only built up from Charge Arrow and I cant move while doing this, so strifing dosent work to well.

I’m sure theres some key tactic I’m missing.
Help a noob out.

#2 toumakoukin

toumakoukin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

It's not you it's the game. The archer class and mage class have to fight in melee range which was a big screw up in my opinion. You can only strafe/kite while using skills like impact arrow or double strafe and then you have to use charge to get those concentrations. But fear not....you'll be getting a lot of good skills when you turn ranger :p_laugh:

It's akward because the archer class should be having the easiest time soloing. How exactly did this happen? Were you attacking mobs or just one monster? Did you max your owls eyes? MAX THIS ASAP! When maxed it'll give you a 9% chance for a duration of 10seconds-which is alot! To do a double charge attack. So youll be doing two charge arrows! The proc rate is really high. Usually you'll be able to kill monsters around your lvl with those charge arrows. The routine would be Ankle Snare>Impact arrow>Charge Arrow x3>Kite around while using Double Strafe but I usually just start with impact arrow.

Btw did you up your str or agi? remember that str is for the damage and agi is for crit and evasion. OH! and when it comes to pvp ..try to time the moment when they attack and run behind them. It'll cancel their attack lol.

Edited by toumakoukin, 20 April 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#3 Zuumaru

Zuumaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

Hey thanks for the info!
I did not max out owl eye right away, I was working my way down the tree. I don’t suppose there is skill reset NPC somewhere?
As far as Stats I’ve been kinda increasing str and agi evenly. I didn’t know which one I should start pumping points into first.
These defiantly sound like key things that are probably messing me up! ‘m now level 14. I’m not sure if I should keep going or just start over. I’ll probably keep going, it’s only beta so I don’t feel like restarting will I’ll eventually be forced to anyways.

#4 toumakoukin

toumakoukin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

Skill reset? Not that I heard of. Depending on your build if it's pure dps just get all your left and right skill tree at lvl 1 to open up the skill tree for ranger and max out all the middle ones. It's pretty simple. But if you're pvp build itll be more different. Just do what you want. There are no such thing as the right skill build.

Your stat is fine no need to reset. It's just that from now you should focus only one stat to get to 40. Once one of the chosen stat is 40 you can go up the other stat to 40. Do you want to crit often at low lvls or do you want to hit harder with raw damage? So agi for crit and str for raw damage-btw having a chef and an alchie that can make agi/str buff and boost pots and crit/str food is highly recommonded. You'll be happy if you did. For me I upped my str to 20 and then focus the rest on agi and after I got it to 40 I went back and worked on my str to 40 then the rest in vit.

Smart choice...you wouldn't want that name of yours to be take would you? You got your archer to 14 lol. But yeah when you start again in the live version be sure to get owls eyes asap. It'll do wonders. Good luck!

meh to many typos lol too lazy to correct them

Edited by toumakoukin, 20 April 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#5 LunareticDawn

LunareticDawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

Wow, I'm glad someone else posted this because I am in the exact same boat! I loved playing Hunter/Sniper on RO1 and I was so excited to see it brought into 3D with RO2 but man, I have been having so much difficulty. I'm relatively experienced with the class, leveled STR & AGI like mentioned and as soon as I got to the Fake Flip King, I just could not kill that sucker! He kept destroying me before I could do anything because it's all in melee range and my dps isn't enough to come even close to stunlocking him. Traps are so useless at this point because of their cooldown with is ridiculous in my opinion, but I felt like I was playing a melee character at the end there :/

I just left that quest moved on, and eventually got myself served when versing the General Poporing...it's crazy x-x

#6 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

It's not you it's the game. The archer class and mage class have to fight in melee range which was a big screw up in my opinion. You can only strafe/kite while using skills like impact arrow or double strafe and then you have to use charge to get those concentrations. But fear not....you'll be getting a lot of good skills when you turn ranger :p_laugh:

It's akward because the archer class should be having the easiest time soloing. How exactly did this happen? Were you attacking mobs or just one monster? Did you max your owls eyes? MAX THIS ASAP! When maxed it'll give you a 9% chance for a duration of 10seconds-which is alot! To do a double charge attack. So youll be doing two charge arrows! The proc rate is really high. Usually you'll be able to kill monsters around your lvl with those charge arrows. The routine would be Ankle Snare>Impact arrow>Charge Arrow x3>Kite around while using Double Strafe but I usually just start with impact arrow.

Btw did you up your str or agi? remember that str is for the damage and agi is for crit and evasion. OH! and when it comes to pvp ..try to time the moment when they attack and run behind them. It'll cancel their attack lol.

errrr.. Owls Eyes does not give you 9% chance to do double Charged Arrows. Owls Eyes activates when you do two Charged Arrows. And when it is activated, you'll have an additional 9% bonus dmg.

Or did Warpportal changed it? I haven't played yet, waiting for official launch.

@TS
If you're not lagging, it should be easy.
CA target>Ankle Snare>Move backwards>CA>CA>ETC
The monster can probably hit you 1-3 times but that's ok. Use food for recovery and pots for emergency.
Don't use Normal or White equips. Do quests for the Green equips rewards.

Edited by iyoter, 21 April 2013 - 11:25 PM.

#7 Quzar

Quzar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

What I did is MAX out the middle row. Usually get 1 point into Double Strafing first, then max Charge Arrow Master, max Charge Arrow, max Double Strafing,then max Owl Eyes, max Improve Concentration. Saving the rest of the points for when i class change into Ranger, max Main Ranger. Just for quick dps output for low levels. This is just my opinion though.
(i think traps are rather useless for pve, more for pvp)

Edited by Quzar, 26 April 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#8 usiddiqi

usiddiqi

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

The info I've been looking for! Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users