Thaiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

I'm playing with a thief, and i can find how dodge is useful. The monsters always hit me, i'm constantly drinking red potions like a swordman or so.
there is any dodge bonus when we change second class?

#2 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

Not really. Your equipment gives higher AGI bonuses compared to other classes', but that's about it.
It's much cheaper to rely on HP or HP/SP food in between battles, and use red potions against minibosses (Mastering, Dragonfly, etc.).

If you go Rogue and max Gangster Paradise, you shouldn't even need food or potions outside of dungeons, unless you're trying to build up and maintain the attack buff from Unstable Doping.

#3 Thaiku

Thaiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

is not better then go full str/vit? if we are not to dodge...

#4 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

AGI's still good for the crit bonus. If you went with 50 AGI, then at Lv.50 you'd get 2.28% Dodge Rate and 4.57% Crit Rate.
And my brother's an advocate of the idea that "the best defense is a great offense." i.e. Kill before getting hurt [much].

VIT's pretty subjective to personal preferences. By endgame, everyone knows you need enough HP to not get one-shotted. Yet most people seem to get by just fine without any stat points put into VIT. 50 VIT would earn you 300 HP and make potions heal 5% more. Is it enough given what Fold described about endgame though? I don't know.

#5 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Dodge
It depends but I sometimes get good dodge streaks, though i usually prefer to the tanks keep aggro.

VIT
VIT in RO2 kind of scares me. Before we got WoE in RO1, most sins were doing that equipment critical builds. I was one of the few Sins with VIT and LUK (AKA Natural Crit) type. Once WoE hit, people suddenly had every class spamming stuns and it caused a lot off friends that had 1 VIT builds to just up and quit the game. This was long before experience boxes and premium bonuses existed.

Are we going to have the same in RO2, with VIT suddenly being needed? Maybe... but at least we can reset right?

Edited by Nitro, 22 April 2013 - 02:51 PM.

#6 Thaiku

Thaiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

The stat points in this games should be more important, affect more to the character,

#7 Starrywaltz

Starrywaltz

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

The stat points in this games should be more important, affect more to the character,

stat allocation is only important in equalized pvp, having more str allocated lets you do much damage in Colosseum, for anything else your gear out shines the stats for 300+ points save for INT and varies stats you might not need in pve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users