• This topic is locked This topic is locked
304 replies to this topic

#1 Serdis

Serdis

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

As the topic says,VIP? i mean 5 stats fine, 10% HP/MP CMON REALY? i was so hoping there will be pure cosmetic stuff only... and im sure there will be much more stuff like this so the fat wallets win all the way -.-

GG

#2 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

You expect a f2p title to not be pay2win? you jest. If you can't afford 10 or 15 a month to spend on a game, you really shouldn't be on the net at all.

#3 Serdis

Serdis

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Yes i do expect a F2P not to be P2W there are MANY MANY games with pure cosmetic stuff and you know what games im talking about, its not about 10 or 15 bucks ,i wouldnt mind that at all its the fact that spending 50-100bucks or more will make you better, with this type of VIP membership 99% chance there will be items that make you stronger.

#4 Serenaki

Serenaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

You expect a f2p title to not be pay2win? you jest. If you can't afford 10 or 15 a month to spend on a game, you really shouldn't be on the net at all.

In all seriousness, most f2p MMOs have a pay2win type cash shop. However, most of the items can be obtained by playing the game and just using ingame currency to buy the items off other players. However, here in RO2, I believe most of the items are bound.

Btw I can't afford 10-15 a month. I'm a broke college student which is why I play f2p games. Otherwise I'd play subscription games.

#5 Kersin

Kersin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

In all seriousness, most f2p MMOs have a pay2win type cash shop. However, most of the items can be obtained by playing the game and just using ingame currency to buy the items off other players. However, here in RO2, I believe most of the items are bound.

Btw I can't afford 10-15 a month. I'm a broke college student which is why I play f2p games. Otherwise I'd play subscription games.

I think u still can buy the items from cash shop with gold because ppl can gift it to you

#6 Serdis

Serdis

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

I think u still can buy the items from cash shop with gold because ppl can gift it to you

well GL geting someone trusted who wont rip you off or steal all the cash =/

#7 Gruncor

Gruncor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

The game is released in beta with graphics and gameplay totally outdated and still want to have an aggressive posture to make money through P2W ... Will fail before RO1 because it still has players who like the old days, but RO2 does not have a base of players and will not get to have that pace.

Edited by Gruncor, 21 April 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#8 Derrianz

Derrianz

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

The game is released in beta with graphics and gameplay totally outdated and still want to have an aggressive posture to make money through P2W ... Will fail before RO1 because it still has players who like the old days, but RO2 has formed a base of players and will not get to have that pace.

Outdated anime-style graphics aint a bad thing, there's lots of anime fans out there. It also reaches broader audience, because it doesnt require a high-end pc.
The p2w CS method is always bad news, no matter the game.

#9 Thaiku

Thaiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands
  • Server:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

i don't think it is pay2win. A mount, or 10% hp/sp is not and advantage in WoE i think, and thats for vips, 9$ month. People have to pay 14$ to play WoW. If you wnat 10% more hp/sp you can pay 9$, if not, you can play too.

#10 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

i don't think it is pay2win. A mount, or 10% hp/sp is not and advantage in WoE i think, and thats for vips, 9$ month. People have to pay 14$ to play WoW. If you wnat 10% more hp/sp you can pay 9$, if not, you can play too.

This no a problem for me to pay even 50$ for game i like(althrough it is my limit of free money for games per month). But there will be a Rune boosters in Cash Shop and Karnium that will grant you ability to reach high Lvl of overrefinement and these items IMHO will be the best offenders of balance. I have no mind about paying 50$ for consumables but i do not want to be forced to pay in one lump sum 2000+$ to have at least moderate refined gear in order to be at least a grunt at endgame Mass PvP activities.

#11 Furin

Furin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

10% increased HP in WoE is most definitely an advantage, so are the stat bonuses, even if they are minuscule.

#12 Alleggretto

Alleggretto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Outdated anime-style graphics aint a bad thing, there's lots of anime fans out there. It also reaches broader audience, because it doesnt require a high-end pc.
The p2w CS method is always bad news, no matter the game.

Mabinogi says hi. xD

#13 Serenaki

Serenaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

This no a problem for me to pay even 50$ for game i like(althrough it is my limit of free money for games per month). But there will be a Rune boosters in Cash Shop and Karnium that will grant you ability to reach high Lvl of overrefinement and these items IMHO will be the best offenders of balance. I have no mind about paying 50$ for consumables but i do not want to be forced to pay in one lump sum 2000+$ to have at least moderate refined gear in order to be at least a grunt at endgame Mass PvP activities.

I agree, but I suppose only seaRO2 players can tell us if Karnium really makes a difference. Do you really need it to get high enchants?

The question boils down to - Can you play the game without ever putting in a dime and still be a top player.

#14 iamDNL

iamDNL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Nahh, items with no plus are fine.

#15 Serdis

Serdis

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

The question boils down to - Can you play the game without ever putting in a dime and still be a top player.

I bet its gona be impossible... which is sad realy... such a good game will go down so fast and become a "ghost town" if they do that stuff with runes... yet another dissapointment awaits !
And they have no idea they would probably make more money with cosmetic CashShop=[ every big game goes F2P now and ends up with bigger succes! so why to put up a P2W game ? =/

#16 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

I bet its gona be impossible... which is sad realy... such a good game will go down so fast and become a "ghost town" if they do that stuff with runes... yet another dissapointment awaits !
And they have no idea they would probably make more money with cosmetic CashShop=[ every big game goes F2P now and ends up with bigger succes! so why to put up a P2W game ? =/

Because... RO. It's kinda weird that these discussions are happening even while the game is in open beta. The game isn't even out yet and there's a kafra shop for you to spend money. I guess that's how it is and will be.

#17 IAmOfficerNasty

IAmOfficerNasty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

From what I understand you'll be able to gift the VIP Box? Meaning if you have in game money, you can just get someone to buy it for you. Seems okay to me now. I can't imagine it costing more than like 1000 gold.

#18 Serenaki

Serenaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

From what I understand you'll be able to gift the VIP Box? Meaning if you have in game money, you can just get someone to buy it for you. Seems okay to me now. I can't imagine it costing more than like 1000 gold.

That would be a flawed system. It would be easy to scam someone like that, making it ever so tempting to do so.

Edited by Serenaki, 21 April 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#19 Gruncor

Gruncor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

The texture of water in RO2 is worse than the WOW before the cataclysm be redone.

#20 Derrianz

Derrianz

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

That would be a flawed system. It would be easy to scam someone like that, making it ever so tempting to do so.

You can always take screenshots and report'em. It'll take a while, but if WP aint as bad as Nexon or Gpotato you'll get your money back.

#21 IAmOfficerNasty

IAmOfficerNasty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

As if reporting them after that is just too logical, right? What if the boxes are sold in player shops? How is that flawed? Lol

#22 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

As the topic says,VIP? i mean 5 stats fine, 10% HP/MP CMON REALY? i was so hoping there will be pure cosmetic stuff only... and im sure there will be much more stuff like this so the fat wallets win all the way -.-

GG

I take it you are one of those dudes that would like to subscribe to a game and get no buffs. If that is the case, MMOs are not for you.

#23 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

I think that the best solution will be aim at ~40-50$ per month payers. Aside from VIP there should be "Easy Mode" Button consumable items for Dungeons and Raids and items that will conserve you a resources at Refining and Rune enchanting by making you needed to waste 3-4 times less resource to farm rather than clear and ready to use Extrapowered Runes and Safe Refinement items.

#24 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Wait until reinforcing is here at high levels and the game becomes gear dependent. They will have a 0% success rate reinforce beyond a certain point and the only way to have a chance is to use Item Mall.

#25 Serdis

Serdis

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

I take it you are one of those dudes that would like to subscribe to a game and get no buffs. If that is the case, MMOs are not for you.

Yeah id support a FAIR game sure,so i would pay for something cool and not something to be better, and i take it ur one of the fat wallet dudes which like to pay to be good cuz otherwise they fail? if thats the case, u got it all wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users